Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 06:13:50 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Ethereum to go up or down?  (Read 30748 times)
JosNekoKopa

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 20, 2016, 10:21:35 PM

Everyone talking about this coin  as LTC2 ?
Snail2
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 20, 2016, 11:11:41 PM

Calling it LTC2 is a bit early. It has the potential, as ETH could have many real life use cases, lots of corporations interested in it (but it's not clear yet if they are interested in ETH itself or in the technology). But we've seen many revolutionary coins - with similar or sometimes even better functionality than ETH - what sank into oblivion or still struggling to take off.
rezilient

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 21, 2016, 05:14:33 AM

I though Dash was LTC 2?

Eth needs more time for adoption and development

You don't pay enough.
benthach
Legendary

Activity: 1764

View Profile WWW
January 21, 2016, 06:16:47 AM
Last edit: January 21, 2016, 08:18:15 AM by benthach

we saw clearly that the platform has clearly changed from alpha to full beta testing, and that the matching of market requests certainly should not lag behind language , and that likely even more acute angle and that the likely acceleration of growth is not long wait and realizing that we remember about early investors and their responsibility for the transfer of technology to the masses, but not simple spekulieren goods, though,

buy the hype, sell when platform released, if they even have a working one. this is going to be the case for this get rich quick for the homeless coin. this coin have no chance for consumer level adoption and no merchant acceptance. all these hype and volume being manipulating by whales and insider like stoat to maximizing their btc wallet. when it is done, it done and i wouldn't want to get caught holding dirty useless panties. there will be many more etheruim like coming, this get rich quick coin is already too late to the game to make it own name like litecoin or dogecoin. mark my post and check back a year later

this is a get rich quick scam hype from started by a homeless guy who is sneaking in with every bitcoin events. he have made millions before he even know which program to be use with his grand scheme of things

reddit btcwriter1 - twitter kingpininvestor
Richard1972x

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
January 21, 2016, 12:01:24 PM

I never understood why Ethereum price just exploded. Can somebody elaborate on this one?

Some good news about ETH. R3 decided to use ethereum to connect 11 banks in its first distributed ledger experiment.
http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/r3-connects-11-banks-distributed-ledger-using-ethereum-microsoft-azure-1539044

Wow, this are really great news. Imagine, there are not a lot of Altcoins around that have support from banks.
Very interesting, together with the joint venture with Microsoft.

For me it's just a matter of time until ether will have a bigger market cap than Litecoin.

Buterin has done overall a good job here. He is a good marketing guy and promoter. Ether has a face, what a lot of other Altcoins are missing.

LiberOptions

Activity: 412

View Profile
January 21, 2016, 12:44:19 PM

It is still going Up. I'm holding some waiting to double my investment.

Also holding some XMR- I guess Monero will be one of the most important cryptos this year.
Zaun

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

Forza Roma

View Profile
January 21, 2016, 12:52:01 PM

Right now the only way ETH will go is down I guess.
The price got pumped by over 50% already and what goes up... must go down...
stoat

Activity: 686
Merit: 270

FREEDOM RESERVE

View Profile WWW
January 21, 2016, 02:39:52 PM

Ethereum will go up.  Loads of dapps will be released this year,  digix.io already moved the price 40% up.  This coin has nowhere to go but up.  There is no reason to sell this coin right now.  Wait and see what happens this year.

FREEDOMRESERVEFree currency for the British Isles
Visit our website for more info

<-- Click here!
FREEDOMRESERVE By the People and for the People
shanem
Legendary

Activity: 1344

View Profile
January 21, 2016, 03:33:43 PM

The coin is over 100% from its bottom last month. I feel the price has risen too quickly and it would be better for the coin to consolidate itself below 0.004 before going up again.

█           
           ██           
          ██████         
         ████████         
        ██████████       
       ████████████       
      ██████████████     
     ████████████████     
    ██████████████████   
   ████████████████████   
  ██████████▀▀██████████ 
 ███▀▄████▀    ▀████▄▀███
██▀ ▄██▀▀        ▀▀██▄ ▀██

░▄███████████▄░░░▄███████████▄░░▄███▄░░░░░░▄███▄░░▄██████████▄░░░████████████████░░░░██████████░░░░███████████████░░█████████████████
█████░░░░░░░███░████▀░░░░░▀████░█████▄░░░░▄█████░███▀░░░░░░▀███░███░░░░████░░░███░░███░░░░░░░░██░░███░░░░░░░░░░░███░███████░░░░██████
█████░░░░░░░███░████░░░░░░░████░▀█████▄░░▄█████▀░███░░░░░░░░███░███░░░░████░░███░░░███░░░██░░░███░███░░░██████░░███░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
█████░░░░░░░░░░░████░░░░░░░████░░▀█████░░█████▀░░███░░░░░░░░███░███░░░░███░░░███░░░███░░████░░███░███░░░██████░░███░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
█████░░░░░░░░░░░████░░░░░░█████░░░▀████▄▄████▀░░░███▄░░░░░░▄███░███░░░░███░░███░░░░██░░░████░░███░███░░░░░░░░░░███▀░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
█████░░░░░░░░░░░██████████████░░░░░▀████████▀░░░░████████████▀░░███░░░░░░░░░███░░░███░░░████░░░██░███░░░█████████░░░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
█████░░░░░░░███░████░░░░░░░████▄░░░░████████░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░███░░░░███░░░███░░██░░░░░░░░░░░██░███░░░░░░░░░░███▄░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
█████░░░░░░░███░████░░░░░░░█████░░░░████████░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░███░░░░████░░░███░██░░░░████░░░░█░███░░░█████▄░░███░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
███████████████░████░░░░░░░█████░░░░████████░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░███░░░░████░░░░██░██░░░██████░░░█░███░░░██████░░███░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
░▀███████████▀░░░███░░░░░░░████░░░░░░██████░░░░░░░██████░░░░░░░░░████████████████░███████████████░░███████████████░░░░░░█████████░░░░
|
▂▃▅ Quick buy and sell bitcoins online. Fast and secure ▅▃▂
Facebook】【Twitter】【Telegram】【Medium】【Instagram
|
benthach
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 21, 2016, 03:47:57 PM

Ethereum will go up.  Loads of dapps will be released this year,  digix.io already moved the price 40% up.  This coin has nowhere to go but up.  There is no reason to sell this coin right now.  Wait and see what happens this year.

yes, this kind of amateur scam worth millions! these homeless can't even afford a legitimate $12 ssl certificate or these so call coders can't implement an ssl. welcome to the ethoreium scam world, swim with the big whales!

davien

Activity: 462

View Profile
January 21, 2016, 04:11:48 PM

Ethereum will go up.  Loads of dapps will be released this year,  digix.io already moved the price 40% up.  This coin has nowhere to go but up.  There is no reason to sell this coin right now.  Wait and see what happens this year.

yes, this kind of amateur scam worth millions! these homeless can't even afford a legitimate $12 ssl certificate or these so call coders can't implement an ssl. welcome to the ethoreium scam world, swim with the big whales!
Lol this was pretty funny. For real .
This is the best proof to show that small little details can fuck up a whole project.

stoat

FREEDOM RESERVE

View Profile WWW
January 21, 2016, 05:02:09 PM
Last edit: January 21, 2016, 05:25:36 PM by stoat

Nice fud.  You're approach to ssl certs is like some old granny who doesnt understand the internet.

Here is a link to a site that won't make you frightened.  

dgx.io

<-- Click here!
Koamder

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 21, 2016, 05:24:04 PM

The coin is over 100% from its bottom last month. I feel the price has risen too quickly and it would be better for the coin to consolidate itself below 0.004 before going up again.

Do you mean the bitcoin price. If it doubles the USD price, it is even better. I hope there will be more application for Ethereum.
benthach
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 21, 2016, 09:52:52 PM
Last edit: January 21, 2016, 11:02:16 PM by benthach

Nice fud.  You're approach to ssl certs is like some old granny who doesnt understand the internet.

Here is a link to a site that won't make you frightened.  

dgx.io

still, if digix.io is belong to them it show they can't afford to lose the $12 don't matter how many web sites they have.
they have overlooked the customer security and their money. chance this scam don't have any customer, customer level of adoption don't exist for this get rich quick coin.

DieJohnny
Legendary

Activity: 1639
Merit: 1006

View Profile
January 21, 2016, 10:12:32 PM

People are stealing ETH tech... so how is buying the coin a smart move right now.... other than stealing their tech, limited speculation and limited commerce.....

Those who hold and those who are without property have ever formed distinct interests in society
box0214

Activity: 350
Merit: 251

View Profile
January 21, 2016, 10:17:53 PM

People are stealing ETH tech... so how is buying the coin a smart move right now.... other than stealing their tech, limited speculation and limited commerce.....

ethereum is like a programming language that sits on top of the blockchain, but what stops someone from cloning ethereum and then just copying every single user created smart contract code into their platform and make it cheaper?

aside from ethereum the platform being valuable, it depends on devs creating DAPPS inside the ethereum platform. and since the blockchain has to be transparent in nature, there's nothing stopping from someone else stealing someone elses hardwork in a dapp. once someone creates a dapp that is profitable, there will be many copy cats of it thats for sure. the lure of the smell of profits....
stoat

FREEDOM RESERVE

View Profile WWW
January 21, 2016, 10:22:54 PM

I don't think anyone's worried about that.  it's good for everyone right?  Decentralised economy.  Fund it.

<-- Click here!
CoinHoarder
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1026

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
January 21, 2016, 11:12:52 PM

ethereum is like a programming language that sits on top of the blockchain, but what stops someone from cloning ethereum and then just copying every single user created smart contract code into their platform and make it cheaper?

aside from ethereum the platform being valuable, it depends on devs creating DAPPS inside the ethereum platform. and since the blockchain has to be transparent in nature, there's nothing stopping from someone else stealing someone elses hardwork in a dapp. once someone creates a dapp that is profitable, there will be many copy cats of it thats for sure. the lure of the smell of profits....
I see your point, but I don't completely agree with your reasoning. The same could be said about Bitcoin and Litecoin, but no one has been able to replicate their success for an extended period of time. Ethereum has garnered a network effect of its own as far as being the platform to build on when it comes to decentralized programming languages. It has also collected many interested developers and projects.

Cloning its features does not automatically equal success. In fact, there are several coins that have implemented decentralized programming languages and have had little success, such as Crypti or all the coins that implemented automated transactions.

I am not saying it's a good buy right now.. it has been pumped hard for two or three weeks. I did not participate in the IPO and have not bought any coins. I expect the price to come back down to earth eventually before purchasing. I buy and hold for long periods of time and am not interested in gambling to see if I can buy and sell before it comes back down.
smooth
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
January 22, 2016, 12:18:33 AM

I see your point, but I don't completely agree with your reasoning. The same could be said about Bitcoin and Litecoin, but no one has been able to replicate their success for an extended period of time. Ethereum has garnered a network effect of its own as far as being the platform to build on when it comes to decentralized programming languages. It has also collected many interested developers and projects.

Cloning its features does not automatically equal success. In fact, there are several coins that have implemented decentralized programming languages and have had little success, such as Crypti or all the coins that implemented automated transactions.

I am not saying it's a good buy right now.. it has been pumped hard for two or three weeks. I did not participate in the IPO and have not bought any coins. I expect the price to come back down to earth eventually before purchasing. I buy and hold for long periods of time and am not interested in gambling to see if I can buy and sell before it comes back down.

Mostly agree however Bitcoin and Litecoin were also not colossal clusterfucks when it comes to the fund raising, budgeting and leadership of the foundation and development group. (BTCF was, just not critical to development.)

I'm not sure if that situation was so badly mishandled that an opening is still there for another such platform to take the lead, but they certainly tried.

I also don't know how much of a market there really is for this model of decentralized programming languages, but still at the right price Ethereum is worth keeping an eye on.
stoat

FREEDOM RESERVE

View Profile WWW
January 22, 2016, 02:38:04 AM

Are you saying ETH was a custerfuck when it comes to funding?  Because that sounds to me like nothing other than sour grapes.

<-- Click here!
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 »
  Print  

Jump to: