Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 02:18:11 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: help! armory says it's offline; won't sync.  (Read 1406 times)
maisy (OP)

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 17, 2015, 06:24:53 PM

at the top of the dashboard it says "Armory is Offline" and then tells me what I can do while offline. how did that happen? why won't it sync? thank you. m
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
lama-hunter

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 17, 2015, 06:28:20 PM

at the top of the dashboard it says "Armory is Offline" and then tells me what I can do while offline. how did that happen? why won't it sync? thank you. m

What are you using? Would be great to have some mor details to help you ;9

regards
lama-hunter
maisy (OP)

View Profile
December 17, 2015, 06:32:23 PM
Last edit: December 17, 2015, 07:02:57 PM by maisy

oh yes, ofcourse. i'm using windows 7 that has recently had windows 10 installed. this issue started before windows 10 was installed. also, windows 10 can be uninstalled.
and I've tried removing all of armory and core and reinstalling. it's been several days. the issue seems to be persistent.
I was trying to figure out how to fix by reading other posts and seems there was something with windows 7 from version 0.91.
I've searched for that version of armory and couldn't find so couldn't revert to a working version of armory.
Holliday
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1009

View Profile
December 17, 2015, 07:13:50 PM

Have you tried running Core by itself (not letting Armory manage it for you) and getting it to sync to the latest block before starting Armory?

You may want to move this thread to the Armory sub-forum so it is seen by the proper people. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=97.0

If you aren't the sole controller of your private keys, you don't have any bitcoins.
Rude Boy

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 18, 2015, 06:55:23 AM

I think armory wallet need the whole blockchain (wallet.dat file) from/with bitcoin core to sync.
Holliday
Legendary

View Profile
December 18, 2015, 06:04:51 PM

I think armory wallet need the whole blockchain (wallet.dat file) from/with bitcoin core to sync.

...and I think that you should refrain from giving advice when it's clear that you have limited knowledge on the subject.

But it's obvious that you are only posting because of your signature campaign, so I expect nothing less from you!

Yes, Armory needs Core's block chain data to be fully synced. However, this data is not called wallet.dat.

If you aren't the sole controller of your private keys, you don't have any bitcoins.
maisy (OP)

View Profile
December 19, 2015, 07:22:51 PM

Have you tried running Core by itself (not letting Armory manage it for you) and getting it to sync to the latest block before starting Armory?

You may want to move this thread to the Armory sub-forum so it is seen by the proper people. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=97.0

hi there. quick update:
on the 17, when I put my first message up about his issue I had already tried running armory when it abruptly poped to the "armory is offline" screen at week 42. I wasn't sure what had happened so initiated this thread. I uninstalled and reinstalled armory.  tried running several times again without success consistently ending at week 42. read your comment. uninstalled everything, again downloaded bitcoin wallet and initiated core sync. got to week 42, then 41. went to bed. woke up this morning and the program had closed itself. opened it to find it was stuck at week 40. bitcoin wallet asked if I would like to reindex. I said yes. so now i'm year 2 and some weeks - again. of course, i'm going to see how far it gets this time, too.

I appreciate all your help. I do have my wallets backed up on paper as well as offline computer backup. again, thank you.
achow101
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3388
Merit: 6581

Just writing some code

View Profile WWW
December 19, 2015, 07:29:01 PM

hi there. quick update:
on the 17, when I put my first message up about his issue I had already tried running armory when it abruptly poped to the "armory is offline" screen at week 42. I wasn't sure what had happened so initiated this thread. I uninstalled and reinstalled armory.  tried running several times again without success consistently ending at week 42. read your comment. uninstalled everything, again downloaded bitcoin wallet and initiated core sync. got to week 42, then 41. went to bed. woke up this morning and the program had closed itself. opened it to find it was stuck at week 40. bitcoin wallet asked if I would like to reindex. I said yes. so now i'm year 2 and some weeks - again. of course, i'm going to see how far it gets this time, too.

I appreciate all your help. I do have my wallets backed up on paper as well as offline computer backup. again, thank you.
What version of Bitcoin Core and Armory are you running?

Can you provide us the debug.log from Bitcoin Core and the armory logs? You can find the debug.log by typing
Code:
%APPDATA%/Bitcoin
into the folder browser (assuming you haven't changed the data directory) and opening the debug.log file.

The armory logs can be found in
Code:
%APPDATA%/Armory
(assuming you haven't changed the armory data directory). There are two of them, and they both have log in the name, so it should be pretty obvious.

Just copy and paste the logs into a post here in code brackets. If they are too long, just post the last 150 lines of each log.

Holliday
Legendary

View Profile
December 19, 2015, 08:42:59 PM

hi there. quick update:

If Core is crashing (and/or the block data is being corrupted), you may have some hardware instability in your system. I would test your CPU and RAM and see if they pass well known stability tests (I prefer Intel Burn Test for a quick CPU check and memtest86+ overnight without errors for RAM). Failing HDDs also tend to cause problems with Core. I long ago switched from HDD to SSD for any machine running Core and I'm quite happy with the results.

Once Core is running well and synced properly, it's a lot easier to get Armory running smoothly as well.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: