Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 03:22:05 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Jonny's Mining Emporium (bravo-mining.com)  (Read 21571 times)
bctmke

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 23, 2015, 08:35:49 PM

The couple I've seen go up were for infinite hash at 0.0053.  They lasted seconds to a couple minutes max.  0.0051 has been pretty consistent... only getting bumped off when those crazy infinite hash orders come online.

Yep thats reasonable.  In many cases you just have to accept that the hash rate might fluctuate as bigger orders come in.

If I want to be sure my hash rate stays - i'll put a fixed order in.  The most recent one was for 40TH for 24 hours or so and it was only .0055.  So not a ton more expensive.

In the end you'll need to play and find the sweet spot for what you want.

NXS is on the move!   Come subscribe to our subreddit  https://www.reddit.com/r/nexusearth/
Come mine NXS at http://nxsminingpool.com

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bctmke

View Profile
December 23, 2015, 08:37:01 PM

I'm still unclear on the work performed -- I'm guessing that your explanation says that if the pool suffers "bad luck" there will be a diminishing return...

Yes that certainly could be the case.

It's all about the luck.  Good luck and things work in your favor.  Bad luck and they won't

NXS is on the move!   Come subscribe to our subreddit  https://www.reddit.com/r/nexusearth/
jonnybravo0311 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1023

Mine at Jonny's Pool

View Profile WWW
December 23, 2015, 10:33:49 PM
Last edit: December 23, 2015, 11:01:00 PM by jonnybravo0311

Somebody's got some coin to burn... infinite hash orders on both NH and WH for 0.0059 and 0.0058 respectively.  Wonder how long those will last...

EDIT: make that 0.0065.  Some new sha256 alt coin just launch? Wink.... Andddd...gone.

Jonny's Pool - Mine with us and help us grow!  Support a pool that supports Bitcoin, not a hardware manufacturer's pockets!  No SPV cheats.  No empty blocks.
valkir
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1004

View Profile
December 24, 2015, 01:04:32 AM
Last edit: December 24, 2015, 01:33:06 AM by valkir

Come on lets have a nice xmas and lets get a block  Grin

Edit: Curious, Jonny are you mining with almost 1ph on Kano ?

██     Please support sidehack with his new miner project Send to :

1BURGERAXHH6Yi6LRybRJK7ybEm5m5HwTr
kano
Legendary

Activity: 4480
Merit: 1800

Linux since 1997 RedHat 4

View Profile
December 24, 2015, 02:03:45 AM

Come on lets have a nice xmas and lets get a block  Grin

Edit: Curious, Jonny are you mining with almost 1ph on Kano ?
No that isn't him Smiley

Pool: https://kano.is - low 0.5% fee PPLNS 3 Days - Most reliable Solo with ONLY 0.5% fee   Bitcointalk thread: Forum
Discord support invite at https://kano.is/ Majority developer of the ckpool code - k for kano
The ONLY active original developer of cgminer. Original master git: https://github.com/kanoi/cgminer
jonnybravo0311 (OP)
Legendary

Mine at Jonny's Pool

View Profile WWW
December 24, 2015, 02:07:22 AM

As Kano mentioned, that miner is not me.  My account on Kano's pool is the same as my username here: jonnybravo0311.  All of my gear, save 2 s3s is pointed to my pool.  Those last two will be directed here on Friday after they wrap up my year-long test on OgNasty's hybrid p2pool solution.

Jonny's Pool - Mine with us and help us grow!  Support a pool that supports Bitcoin, not a hardware manufacturer's pockets!  No SPV cheats.  No empty blocks.
RozoTheMiner

Activity: 200
Merit: 103

Hello Bitcoin World!!

View Profile WWW
December 24, 2015, 03:39:31 AM

Come on Christmas block. I'm going to rent 100Th for a day too and hopefully we get it.

I am heating my house with 4 miners integrated into my heating and air system. https://www.youtube.com/c/TheBitcoinMiner
Crypto Clothing and Gear https://TheBlockGear.com
RozoTheMiner

Activity: 200
Merit: 103

Hello Bitcoin World!!

View Profile WWW
December 24, 2015, 03:51:20 AM

nicehash.com usually.  MRR also is a good choice but I usually find their prices to be higher.

And...

I can also vouch for nicehash.

I got lucky the two times I used it at a few different pools and they both went on good luck streaks so the PPLNS worked out in my favor (meaning I earned back what I spent and then some).

Thanks guys!!!

It took some additional help from Jonny -- but I was able to get it to work here...

In the meantime -- I played around with another pool and had the same luck Btcmke had!!!

I'm considering moving my machines over -- but I have a question...

It appears that mining-bravo keeps your work record -- like forever (until a block is found/built)...

In the current pool I'm mining at -- we only get credit for the last 10 shifts...

So, my question is:  If I mined here for a week (example purposes) and then went somewhere else -- and then 2 weeks bravo found a block -- would I still get paid for the week that I was here???

I'm not advocating short term participation -- I'm just trying to clarify...

Thanks again for your help...

Smiley Smiley Smiley
Let's see if I can help clarify things.  The pool pays out using PPLNS.  That means shares have a shelf life.  Currently, it's set to 5N, where N is calculated dynamically based upon the shares of the previous 5 rounds.  All things being equal, that translates into about 5 blocks worth of payments per share.  In other words, if the pool finds blocks at exactly 100% luck, then your share would be paid 5 times.

As with all PPLNS pools, there's the concept of "ramping", where you build up to your theoretical expected payout per share.  For the sake of this explanation, let's assume the pool finds one block per day.  Also, let's assume you mine for 10 days.  Here's how it would break down:

Day 1 - 1/5 expected
Day 2 - 2/5 expected
Day 3 - 3/5 expected
Day 4 - 4/5 expected
Day 5 - 5/5 expected
Day 6 - 5/5 expected
Day 7 - 5/5 expected
Day 8 - 5/5 expected
Day 9 - 5/5 expected
Day 10 - 5/5 expected
Day 11 - 4/5 expected
Day 12 - 3/5 expected
Day 13 - 2/5 expected
Day 14 - 1/5 expected
Day 15 - 0

As you can see, it all adds up.  You mine for 10 days, and you get 10 days of expected payouts... they're just spread out over 15 days Smiley

Good luck with your rental!!!  I really want to give that BTC to somebody for Christmas!

I thought I had a good idea how this works but I you just confuse me even more.

I am heating my house with 4 miners integrated into my heating and air system. https://www.youtube.com/c/TheBitcoinMiner
Crypto Clothing and Gear https://TheBlockGear.com
jonnybravo0311 (OP)
Legendary

Mine at Jonny's Pool

View Profile WWW
December 24, 2015, 04:42:18 AM

Sorry about the confusion Rozo.  Let's see if I can explain this without even using Bitcoin. 

Assume you have an empty glass in front of you.  Now, you start pouring water into the glass.  Every now and then I'm going to come by and take a look at that glass and measure how much water you've got in it.  The first time I come by, you've got the glass only 1/5th of the way full.  I mark that down and pay you for 1/5th of a glass of water.  I come by a while later and you've got the glass 2/5 full.  OK, I mark it down and pay you for 2/5 of a glass of water.  This continues until the glass is full of water.  Once your glass is full I pay you for a full glass of water, but I also now open a valve at the bottom of the glass so that water drains out as fast as you're pouring it in.  In this fashion, your glass will always be full of water and every time I stop by, I see you've got a full glass and pay you for it.

Eventually, you stop pouring water into the glass.  However, that valve is still open, so the water is draining at the same rate you were pouring.  When I stop by the next time, I see you've only got 4/5 of a glass, so I pay you for that much.  The time after that, the glass is only 3/5 full, so I pay you for that.  This continues until the glass is empty.

In my story above, every time I stopped by is equivalent to the finding of a block.  I see how much water you have in the glass and pay you for however much is there.  My story assumed I stopped by at even intervals of time, so you'd always know when to expect me.

So, how does luck play into it?  Well, every time I stopped by, I made sure to calibrate that valve on the bottom of the glass.  If I stopped by more often than expected, I'd mark you down and pay you.  If I stopped by less than expected, the valve would clog up and the water you were pouring in would slosh over the edge of the glass and be wasted.  When I finally did stop by, I would notice you had a full glass, and pay you for it, then fix the valve so that the pour rate equaled the drain rate.

OK... maybe I shouldn't try explaining things after I've been drinking Tongue

valkir
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1004

View Profile
December 24, 2015, 05:23:29 AM

That was perfect!  Tongue Really understand well how it work now.

██     Please support sidehack with his new miner project Send to :

1BURGERAXHH6Yi6LRybRJK7ybEm5m5HwTr
gupik65

Activity: 61
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 24, 2015, 01:02:37 PM

Wow!  It certainly appears the promo is drawing some decent sized players to the pool!  We're just shy of 1 PH now.

Best of luck to everyone!

Hello !!! Make like Kano as a miner would receive from its speed miners and then still fit people
bctmke

View Profile
December 24, 2015, 05:49:25 PM

Sorry about the confusion Rozo.  Let's see if I can explain this without even using Bitcoin.  

Assume you have an empty glass in front of you.  Now, you start pouring water into the glass.  Every now and then I'm going to come by and take a look at that glass and measure how much water you've got in it.  The first time I come by, you've got the glass only 1/5th of the way full.  I mark that down and pay you for 1/5th of a glass of water.  I come by a while later and you've got the glass 2/5 full.  OK, I mark it down and pay you for 2/5 of a glass of water.  This continues until the glass is full of water.  Once your glass is full I pay you for a full glass of water, but I also now open a valve at the bottom of the glass so that water drains out as fast as you're pouring it in.  In this fashion, your glass will always be full of water and every time I stop by, I see you've got a full glass and pay you for it.

Eventually, you stop pouring water into the glass.  However, that valve is still open, so the water is draining at the same rate you were pouring.  When I stop by the next time, I see you've only got 4/5 of a glass, so I pay you for that much.  The time after that, the glass is only 3/5 full, so I pay you for that.  This continues until the glass is empty.

In my story above, every time I stopped by is equivalent to the finding of a block.  I see how much water you have in the glass and pay you for however much is there.  My story assumed I stopped by at even intervals of time, so you'd always know when to expect me.

So, how does luck play into it?  Well, every time I stopped by, I made sure to calibrate that valve on the bottom of the glass.  If I stopped by more often than expected, I'd mark you down and pay you.  If I stopped by less than expected, the valve would clog up and the water you were pouring in would slosh over the edge of the glass and be wasted.  When I finally did stop by, I would notice you had a full glass, and pay you for it, then fix the valve so that the pour rate equaled the drain rate.

OK... maybe I shouldn't try explaining things after I've been drinking Tongue

That's not bad and an interesting way to explain it!  I like it Smiley

Knocked my rental back a bit so it sticks around through xmas Smiley

jonnybravo0311 (OP)
Legendary

Mine at Jonny's Pool

View Profile WWW
December 24, 2015, 05:58:43 PM

LOL... I was holding a glass of bourbon while I was writing it and that was the inspiration for the analogy I used Smiley

In other news, we're still holding strong at over 500TH.  Let's crack that block today so I can give somebody a nice little Christmas bonus!

dodziu

Activity: 473
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 25, 2015, 01:04:53 AM

ive pulled out 1 S7 from Kano as i feel lucky today Smiley
lets crack this block
jonnybravo0311 (OP)
Legendary

Mine at Jonny's Pool

View Profile WWW
December 25, 2015, 01:15:54 AM

Good luck!

traxor

Activity: 228

View Profile
December 25, 2015, 06:46:49 PM

I've only got 10 fingers dipped into the pool today -- but I'm hoping to grab ahold of that slippery and illusive block!!!

Hope that everyone is having an AWESOME holiday!!!

Smiley Smiley Smiley

icezer0z

Activity: 144

View Profile
December 25, 2015, 07:00:09 PM

I've only got 10 fingers dipped into the pool today -- but I'm hoping to grab ahold of that slippery and illusive block!!!

Hope that everyone is having an AWESOME holiday!!!

Smiley Smiley Smiley

Merry Christmas!! I logged on to check the pool and I have my fingers crossed as well hoping we get lucky!

jonnybravo0311 (OP)
Legendary

Mine at Jonny's Pool

View Profile WWW
December 25, 2015, 07:10:12 PM

Well my rental ran out during the night with no luck.  I'll probably do another one next week.  I'm really hoping somebody gets lucky and wins the prize!

Hope everyone is having a great Christmas!

bctmke

View Profile
December 26, 2015, 04:27:07 AM

Well my rental ran out during the night with no luck.  I'll probably do another one next week.  I'm really hoping somebody gets lucky and wins the prize!

Always a good time seeing family Smiley  It's too bad we didn't hit in the timeframe that your rental was up.

It'll come though Smiley

I've moved a S3 over so that I can have some constant hash rate for now and my rental is still around until sometime tomorrow.

eghigo

Activity: 121

View Profile
December 26, 2015, 08:21:36 AM

I will also do another rental next week hoping we hit the block for new year. Happy holidays to all Smiley
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: