Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 05:59:27 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How can we spread Bitcoin effectively.  (Read 7393 times)
langedwig

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 18, 2015, 08:49:47 AM

I think the best way that Bitcoin can be spread is by doing public demonstrations, and giving free BTC small amounts around 0.02 to those who take an interest.

The only people who could do this is the ones who brought when the price was incredibly cheap and are now BTC rich, this will be a great way to give back to the community and intern help raise BTC popularity and usage and of course making it widespread.

This is demonstrated beautifully in this documentary : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8zKuoqZLyKg

How do you feel we as a community should raise bitcoin awareness and how are you helping ?

You cannot spread bitcoin effectively by giving away bitcoins.
Just help people near you understand what is bitcoin about .
If you give them bitcoins free and they dont know this will be waste of your money because they will throw it because they dont know the value of it.
And if you give to a person who knows bitcoin well he will use it silently and he will not tell anyone about it and it will not help bitcoins spread in the world.

Best way is make a social conference or debate about bitcoins in the society
n2004al
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 18, 2015, 09:02:21 AM

I think the best way that Bitcoin can be spread is by doing public demonstrations, and giving free BTC small amounts around 0.02 to those who take an interest.

The only people who could do this is the ones who brought when the price was incredibly cheap and are now BTC rich, this will be a great way to give back to the community and intern help raise BTC popularity and usage and of course making it widespread.

This is demonstrated beautifully in this documentary : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8zKuoqZLyKg

How do you feel we as a community should raise bitcoin awareness and how are you helping ?

You are talking only to tell something good because any of your proposals, according to me, cannot be verified in reality. If someone which is rich will begin to spread such amounts of bitcoin to everyone new with it soon will become he himself to ask the others that amount. On the other hand, no one who own normal amounts of it cannot do such thing. The price of bitcoin is high without having reason to be so. Who know how it will be its price when will have reason to go higher (for example the halving). Having such things in mind no one can give as a gift not that amount but even much few. Anyhow I don't want to ruin the good atmosphere tha can be created with this post. So I am not going ahead with my thoughts.
Oscoda

Activity: 224

View Profile
December 18, 2015, 09:03:19 AM

What people should do make a poster in the street about bitcoin or something that people will see it everyday.
Maybe hire some people to make a advertisement about bitcoin in the television or in the internet like YouTube.
eternalgloom
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1283

View Profile WWW
December 18, 2015, 09:23:45 AM

I think it's pretty effective to just use Bitcoin around your friends without pushing it in their faces. They will notice the benefits eventually, like the ease of use and low fees.
When I'm ordering pizza with some friends for example, I pay using Bitcoin and my friends notice that I don't have to pay the 1 euro transaction fee that they have to pay (Using online banking/CC).

Some of them use Bitcoin exclusively to order pizza now.

HostSurf

Activity: 224

View Profile
December 18, 2015, 10:28:00 AM

I think it's pretty effective to just use Bitcoin around your friends without pushing it in their faces. They will notice the benefits eventually, like the ease of use and low fees.
When I'm ordering pizza with some friends for example, I pay using Bitcoin and my friends notice that I don't have to pay the 1 euro transaction fee that they have to pay (Using online banking/CC).

That's a nice option instead of pushing it into their faces. I might try introducing bitcoin to my friends this way. Everyone loves pizza and it's nice to show them how it all works.
jt byte

Activity: 994
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 18, 2015, 10:29:20 AM

All the people who use bitcoin should just have tell to your friends and family.
Maybe they will find it very nice to do. So that with this they can tell them to another person.
The other option is that to make more advertisement about bitcoin to know people about it.
EdenHazard
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1048

View Profile
December 18, 2015, 10:36:59 AM

"I think the best way that Bitcoin can be spread is by doing public demonstrations, and giving free BTC small amounts around 0.02 to those who take an interest. "
that is good idea,and i also think that we can do demostration on some college or university,we can explain about bitcoin,and itroduce bitcoin as future payment,i think its will be eficient,because any student of college have many knowledge,esspesially they who take engineering faculty.

.7 BTC  WELCOME BONUS!..
███████████████████████████
██████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▀▀██████
█████████▄██████ ████ ▀████
██████▀▀ ▄▄▄▄ ▀▀███▀▄██ ███
████▀   ██████   ▀██████ ██
███ ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄ ██▄▄▄ ██
██ █████▀    ▀█████ ████ ██
██  ▀██        ███▀ ███ ███
██   ▄██▄    ▄██▄   █▀▄████
███ ▄████████████▄ ████████
████▄▀███▀▀▀▀███▀▄█████████
██████▄▄      ▄▄███████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████▄█████▄█▄███▄█▄██████████▄██▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████▀████▄████▀██████████████████████████▄█████▄██▄█████▄████▄████▄████▄████████
█████████████████▐█████▌███████████▄█████▀███▀▀████████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀██████▀▀███▀▀███████████
██████████████▄████▀████▄██████████████████▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████
████████████████▀█▀███▀█▀██████████▀███████▀█████████▀█████▀██▀█████▀███████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████▀▀  ▐█▌  ▀▀████████
██████▄     ▐█▌     ▄██████
████ ▀██▄▄███████▄▄██▀ ████
███    ██▀▀  ▄  ▀▀██    ███
██    ██   ▄███▄   ██    ██
████████  ███████  ████████
██    ██  ▀▀ █ ▀▀  ██    ██
███    ██▄▄ ▀▀▀ ▄▄██    ███
████ ▄██▀▀██████▀▀▀██▄ ████
██████▀     ▐█▌     ▀██████
████████▄▄  ▐█▌  ▄▄████████
.30+  ALTCOINS AVAILABLE..
medUSA
Legendary

Activity: 952
Merit: 1003

--Signature Designs-- http://bit.ly/1Pjbx77

View Profile WWW
December 18, 2015, 10:56:08 AM

Giving Bitcoin away for free is fine, but give to people who will actually use the Bitcoin, not just dump it for fiat or forget about it. The best way is to demonstrate how Bitcoin can be used in everyday life and how easy it is to use it if one follows several simple rules. I have demonstrated to a few friends how to send and receive coins and it could be used to purchase gift cards, or even purchase electronic goods at a discount. These are things that draws people into Bitcoin, not just "free money".
ThunderThomas

Activity: 210

fastdice.com The Worlds Fastest Bitcoin Dice

View Profile WWW
December 18, 2015, 11:09:59 AM

I think bitcoin would be best spread over media. All I have seen about bitcoin on the news was extremely negative. I think that's the main view that people have about bitcoin.
That it's being illegally used and they should stay away from it. Majority of the people don't know the perks that bitcoin has.

greBit

Activity: 714

View Profile
December 18, 2015, 11:13:25 AM

"I think the best way that Bitcoin can be spread is by doing public demonstrations, and giving free BTC small amounts around 0.02 to those who take an interest. "
that is good idea,and i also think that we can do demostration on some college or university,we can explain about bitcoin,and itroduce bitcoin as future payment,i think its will be eficient,because any student of college have many knowledge,esspesially they who take engineering faculty.

Yes that's a very good idea and also we need to have some events and big conferences I about Bitcoin to spread awareness it will reach corporates and can give some basic tutorials to college students about Bitcoin to encourage them for using Bitcoin.
bitmarket.net

Activity: 323
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
December 18, 2015, 11:17:04 AM

The best way to popularise bitcoins is to show people the value they can gain from using bitcoins, whether it is paying with bitcoins for goods and services, making overseas transfers, investments or savings.

Using bitcoin has to be either cheaper, faster, more convenient that using dollars (or your home currency), or it has to give you the opporunity to do things you cannot do with the dollars.

BitMarket.net- Europe's most advanced cryptocurrency exchange
Magnr

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
December 18, 2015, 11:39:56 AM

PR is something which is vital for Bitcoin to grow. When the Bitcoin Foundation had money, they were very effective at this. Unfortunately very few companies can afford to run expensive wide-reaching PR campaigns. Coinbase and Bitpay are companies that can (and do).
eternalgloom
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1283

View Profile WWW
December 18, 2015, 11:47:36 AM

That's a nice option instead of pushing it into their faces. I might try introducing bitcoin to my friends this way. Everyone loves pizza and it's nice to show them how it all works.
Yeah, I've noticed when you give them the whole technical explanation and start hyping it up, less tech-savvy people tend to find that annoying, at least in my experience.
Better to just show them the benefits in a practical, non-obtrusive manner.

Denker
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1016

View Profile
December 18, 2015, 11:50:36 AM

Good, people will think they got free, spend/sell it & forget it Roll Eyes
It only works if you explain & give bitcoin to those who you really know well.

It's better if big companies accept bitcoin & give discount to anyone who pay with bitcoin, so people will try to buy bitcoin to get discount. Just make sure give explanation about & how to use bitcoin.

Exactly this. Only people who are really interested, this includes they understand a bit of bitcoin, will appreciate it if you give them some free Bitcoin and show them where else they can use or spend it.
But giving it away to any persons, in hope to convince them, will not work.
We can not force the people to adopt BTC and pushing it agressively makes no sense as well.
The idea companies and merchants accepting it and giving a nice discount is an option we already have.This doesn't seem to help that much.
Maybe we need a real giant like home depot, target or amazon accepting bitcoin.But the chance this to happen seems to be really low.
ajun96

Activity: 658

View Profile
December 18, 2015, 12:21:56 PM

I've tried to tell about bitcoin in my personal community forums, I usually make a small giveaway on there,
they are really interested in joining and have starting to earn bitcoin
Erkallys
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1004

View Profile
December 18, 2015, 03:54:25 PM

I think that a Bitcoin meeting well advertised in a big a city or even an average one (between 10 000 and 50 000 persons) is the best way to promote Bitcoin.
btc-facebook
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1015

View Profile
December 18, 2015, 04:17:31 PM

I think social media & forum are the best way to advertise it.
When people got interest from those platform, people will tell each other so it can increase bitcoin's mobility
Erkallys
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1004

View Profile
December 18, 2015, 04:36:47 PM

I think social media & forum are the best way to advertise it.
When people got interest from those platform, people will tell each other so it can increase bitcoin's mobility

Social medias can be good, but I definitly think that meetings are better. There, people can ask questions, and see it answered in a few seconds by a physical person, and this is really something good. There, people thta want to learn go, and interested people then spread the informations.
helloeverybody
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile WWW
December 18, 2015, 04:40:57 PM

I think whats happeneing in the media at the moment is certainly good for bitcoin, wheather or not its good or bad media at least it gets bitcoin out there. it seems like the last few months since all the extra coverage has really kicked bitcoin into overdrive. Of course i still think we should be pushing bitcoin to family and friends as well as advertising in your online store if you have one. Theres a lot that can be done still for bitcoin as we obviously arent quite there yet. Hopefully as more users start joining the knock on effect will cause more and more to gain trust in bitcoin and start using it themselfs.

neochiny

Activity: 756
Merit: 503

Crypto.games

View Profile WWW
December 18, 2015, 04:54:38 PM

Giving money away just for the sake of trying it out is insane, especially giving away 0.02, which is pretty costly as well.
I think it would be better to fund businesses that would accept bitcoin, or to encourage existing ones into accepting it, and therefore give a chance for
those customers to actually have more places to spend their coins.
You can't get global acceptance by force and all at once, taking baby steps is way safer and in the end result far more reliable thing to do.

very well said sir!!!
I definitely agree to what you have said.
as giving away mbtcs will be just very expensive,
thinking of how many people globally.
moving forward little by little the end result is success.. Tongue

████  ███████  ███
██████████
███      ███████
███      ███████████
██████████████████
████████
███   ████  ███████████
███ ███████████████
█████████