Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 04:54:40 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How can we spread Bitcoin effectively.  (Read 7388 times)
tyz
Legendary

Activity: 3360
Merit: 1531

View Profile
December 28, 2015, 02:15:47 PM

Aha, and from where do you want to get all these Bitcoins for giveaway?
To getan recognizable effect, you need to gift at least 1 million people. Better more.
1 mln x 0.02 BTC are 20,000 Bitcoins what are 8,5 million USD (today's price of $425/BTC).
Daniel91
Legendary

Activity: 3374
Merit: 1824

View Profile
December 28, 2015, 03:43:48 PM

We need first to promote bitcoin much more in the public, specially we should try to explain and educate merchants why bitcoin is good for their business.
We also need media on our side (maybe send them some presentations about bitcoin), even we should try to teach about bitcoin in the schools etc.
It's long and complicate process but only in this way people can become positive about bitcoin, confident and start using it.
Eventually, bitcoin will become mainstream, many people will use it on daily basis and we will see also price increase etc.
If we don't help bitcoin nothing will happen.

.freebitcoin.       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.PLAY NOW.
coinplus
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1058

View Profile
December 28, 2015, 04:12:19 PM

We need first to promote bitcoin much more in the public, specially we should try to explain and educate merchants why bitcoin is good for their business.
We also need media on our side (maybe send them some presentations about bitcoin), even we should try to teach about bitcoin in the schools etc.
It's long and complicate process but only in this way people can become positive about bitcoin, confident and start using it.
Eventually, bitcoin will become mainstream, many people will use it on daily basis and we will see also price increase etc.
If we don't help bitcoin nothing will happen.

Yes spreading the awareness and advantages of bitcoin to merchants would help for bitcoin getting accepted in many business. That will simply give people some idea to get bitcoin and to use in those business.
But many merchants are easily not getting convinced compared to the common people. This is the fact the merchants needs to risk more amounts than a buyer comparatively.
bearex

Activity: 560
Merit: 501

View Profile
December 28, 2015, 05:55:00 PM

I think you could just tell shop owners, that they should use Bitcoin. If they will have the sticker, more people will google about it and maybe use it.
knightkon

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 28, 2015, 06:03:06 PM

We need to encourage business owners to start accepting bitcoin. This will be the most effective way to encourage bitcoin use.

███████████████████████████
██████████▄▄███▄▄██████████
████████▄█████████▄████████
██████▄█████████████▄██████
█████▄███████████████▄█████
█████▀███████████████▀█████
███████▀███████████▀███████
█████████▀███████▀█████████
███████████▀███▀███████████
.BITAMP..
   BITAMP BITCOIN WALLET   
Easy to use, client-side, &
open-source Bitcoin wallet
████████▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄████████
████▄▀▀▀   ▄▄█▄▄   ▀▀▀▄████
█████ ▀▄▄▀▀     ▀▀▄▄▀ █████
█████  █    ███    █  █████
█████  █   ▄███▄   █  █████
█████  █  ███████  █  █████
████▀▄ ▀▄ ███████ ▄▀ ▄▀████
█████▀▄ ▀▄       ▄▀ ▄▀█████
██████▀▄  ▀▄▄ ▄▄▀  ▄▀██████
████████▀▄   █   ▄▀████████
██████████▀▀▄▄▄▀▀██████████
████▄▀▀▀▄  ▄███▄  ▄▀▀▀▄████
█████   █ ▐█████▌ █   █████
███▄▄▀ ▀▄  ▀███▀  ▄▀ ▀▄▄███
██      ▄██▀▀▀██▄      ███
██     ███▄███ ███     ███
███▄▄▄▄ █████▄▄████ ▄▄▄▄███
██████████████████████████
█████████████████▄▄▄▄█▄████
███████████████████████▀███
█████▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀▀▀▄▄████████
███████▄▀  ▄█▄█▄  ▀▄███████
██████▄▀   █    █  ▀▄██████
███████    █▀▀▀▀▄   ███████
██████▀▄   █    █  ▄▀██████
███████▀▄  ▀█▀█▀  ▄▀███████
████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄█████
███▄███████████████████████
████▀█▀▀▀▀█████████████████
|SECURE
ANONYMOUS
INSTANT
nerFohanzo

Activity: 631

View Profile
December 28, 2015, 08:20:28 PM

We need to encourage business owners to start accepting bitcoin. This will be the most effective way to encourage bitcoin use.

The best way to spread bitcoins effectively is to spread news about it around us, to our friends and family and if we does it effectively then no one can stop bitcoins in getting into the mainstream, as people lack knowledge and they also hesitate to invest their money in something they really don't know and the older generation would never want to invest their money into crypto currencies as they have fear of loosing their money.
Hellacopter

Activity: 742

View Profile
December 28, 2015, 08:40:36 PM

I think the best way that Bitcoin can be spread is by doing public demonstrations, and giving free BTC small amounts around 0.02 to those who take an interest.

The only people who could do this is the ones who brought when the price was incredibly cheap and are now BTC rich, this will be a great way to give back to the community and intern help raise BTC popularity and usage and of course making it widespread.

This is demonstrated beautifully in this documentary : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8zKuoqZLyKg

How do you feel we as a community should raise bitcoin awareness and how are you helping ?

Giving bitcoins as giftes could be smart method to advertise this crypto currency and spread it wherever
Also you can talking about bitcoin's effectivity with friends and relatives
Whosdaddy

Activity: 1148
Merit: 527

View Profile
December 29, 2015, 04:17:15 AM

In my perspective the most effective way of spreading bitcoin must be giving some discount on bitcoin only purchase.
The black Friday kind of promotions are very good in my view, to get awerness of using bitcoin and advantages of using bitcoin
than any other payment methods.
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4228
Merit: 4500

View Profile
December 29, 2015, 05:07:00 AM

In my perspective the most effective way of spreading bitcoin must be giving some discount on bitcoin only purchase.
The black Friday kind of promotions are very good in my view, to get awerness of using bitcoin and advantages of using bitcoin
than any other payment methods.

giving discounts makes people expect discounts everytime..
its much like when people are given a few bitcoin to play with, they then narrowmindedly think the only way to get bitcoin is faucet raiding
its much like the promise that its real currency but cant even buy toilet roll at a local store without first having to convert it out of bitcoin back to fiat
its much like the promises of fast and virtually free transaction. and now people cant get a tx to confirm in under 1 hour unless they pay 4cents
its much like the promise of not needing banks, yet 90% of people have funds stored in blockchain.info, coinbase.com, other exchanges and server wallets
its much like the promise of secure transactions, then be scammed by other people with no repercussions
its much like the promise of a world wide takeover of the financial system, but then find out the transactions per second cant cope.

so until those 5 points are sorted out, it is not time to advertise to the masses.

solutions we need first
1. employment options
2. use for everyday real life needs (food, utilities, toiletries)
2. reducing the tx fee to 0.00001 so its back to under 1cent
3. independent wallets with full privkey control that is soo user-friendly even an old granny can use it
4. a decentralized escrow service that requires no trust as its built into code
5. block limit increases

(i ordered them in priority of what the general public would want)

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
owm123

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 29, 2015, 05:18:56 AM

Giving away money/btc to advertise btc is a stupid idea! People will just convert it to fiat, or will just do nothing with it.

For people to use btc, they need to see why its useful for them and, most importantly, cheaper. The only thing that comes to mind is transferring money overseas.

I tried that with few friends who were sending money to family oversease. I said, I can send it in instant for virtual free with bitcoin or litecoin. The follow up question was, what the receiver should do to change into fiat, as they need fiat. Telling them that they need to go to exchange, probably register, hook their bank account details, provide personal info to the exchange, pay exchange fees off course, was a bad idea. And off course they chose bank transfer. Less hassle for receivers.  

Bitcoin is NOT anonymous: http://www.bitcoinisnotanonymous.com
Supercrypt
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1054

View Profile
December 29, 2015, 05:54:56 AM

Giving away money/btc to advertise btc is a stupid idea! People will just convert it to fiat, or will just do nothing with it.

For people to use btc, they need to see why its useful for them and, most importantly, cheaper. The only thing that comes to mind is transferring money overseas.

I tried that with few friends who were sending money to family oversease. I said, I can send it in instant for virtual free with bitcoin or litecoin. The follow up question was, what the receiver should do to change into fiat, as they need fiat. Telling them that they need to go to exchange, probably register, hook their bank account details, provide personal info to the exchange, pay exchange fees off course, was a bad idea. And off course they chose bank transfer. Less hassle for receivers.  

At least either one of buyer or seller if using bitcoin debit card or saving bitcoin or spending bitcoin directly would have made difference to you above overseas money transfer scenario.
It means, we need to wait for some more time until bitcoin widely being accepted/used/adopted.
MyBTT

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 29, 2015, 07:50:29 AM

I believe that there is no way to spread Bitcoin "effectively". As much as you try, most people won't be interested in using Bitcoin. There is just not enough Bitcoin related things on the face of the Earth. More people need to start using it before it becomes mainstream. People have to realise for themselves that Bitcoin is the way to go.

It is a very stupid idea to give people free Bitcoin. You will be losing your own money and they will either spend it and never use Bitcoin, or convert it to fiat and never use Bitcoin. That is not the way to do it.

▄████▄
         ▄████████▄
       ▄████████████▄
     ▄████████████████▄
    ████████████████████      ▄█▄                 ▄███▄                 ▄███▄                 ▄████████████████▀   ▄██████████

▄▄▄▀█████▀▄▄▄▄▀█████▀▄▄▄     ▀██▄             ▄██▀ ▀██▄             ▄██▀ ▀██▄             ▄██▀                   ██
▄█████▄▀▀▀▄██████▄▀▀▀▄█████▄     ▀██▄         ▄██▀     ▀██▄         ▄██▀     ▀██▄         ▄██▀        ▄█▄          ▀██████████████▄
████████████████████████████       ▀██▄     ▄██▀         ▀██▄     ▄██▀         ▀██▄     ▄██▀          ▀█▀                        ██
 ▀████████████████████████▀          ▀██▄ ▄██▀             ▀██▄ ▄██▀     ▄█▄     ▀██▄ ▄██▀                                       ██
   ▀████████████████████▀              ▀███▀                 ▀███▀       ▀█▀       ▀███▀      ▄███████████████████████████████████▀
     ▀████████████████▀
       ▀████████████▀
         ▀████████▀
           ▀████▀
║║

║║

║║
██
║║

║║
██
║║
║║

║║
Jeremycoin
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1003

𝓗𝓞𝓓𝓛

View Profile
December 29, 2015, 08:02:23 AM

I think by giveaway a free 0.02BTC it will inflict a financial loss. Because how if there's someone who admitted new to bitcoin and interested to it and then he ask for the 0.02, when in fact he had long been familiar with Bitcoin.

faucet used to be profitable
PantFire

Activity: 165
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 29, 2015, 09:02:43 AM

as long as the more thing you can do with bitcoin , its spread .
CasioK

Activity: 826
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 29, 2015, 07:04:11 PM

Yes, showing the profit retuns we gained by just investing into bitcoin would help spreading bitcoin.
Because many people are getting attracted to the real time results rather than any promise that would happen in future.
So, showing results of value appreciation by investing into bitcoin would help more to spread bitcoin.

INVALID BBCODE: close of unopened tag in table (1)
umaOuma

Activity: 938

View Profile
December 29, 2015, 08:06:31 PM

Yes, showing the profit retuns we gained by just investing into bitcoin would help spreading bitcoin.
Because many people are getting attracted to the real time results rather than any promise that would happen in future.
So, showing results of value appreciation by investing into bitcoin would help more to spread bitcoin.

Yeah and people who want to make quick profits would surely get attracted towards bitcoins as the value of bitcoins keeps on fluctuating and for the people who are used to trading can earn good profits by trading into bitcoins as the volatility of bitcoins is more as compared to forex or gold and that is the reason more people getting into bitcoins.
PakistanHockeyfan

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 30, 2015, 12:19:17 AM

I think we can all spread it effectively by working hard to make sure people are informed about Bitcoin.  It is an understandable necessity for the outmost production.
bhokor
Legendary

Activity: 966

View Profile
December 30, 2015, 02:05:05 AM

Really it is a must we inform the people and give him the tools, too i think we should send emails to all company asking for acept btc for  buy their goods and services, we should too to sponsorize some high level sport-man, it would bring millions of possible users, it would be really nice
nerFohanzo

Activity: 631

View Profile
December 30, 2015, 02:42:05 AM

Really it is a must we inform the people and give him the tools, too i think we should send emails to all company asking for acept btc for  buy their goods and services, we should too to sponsorize some high level sport-man, it would bring millions of possible users, it would be really nice

Yeah but the problem is that if we are holding bitcoins then we don't want that others should also have bitcoins in their wallet, and that is human nature or human behavior, at one end we say that the adoption level should be high and at other end we don't want others to know our secret that how we are earning bitcoins and we really don't want them to know about bitcoins so its a big question mark I guess.
Yakamoto
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1007

View Profile
December 30, 2015, 02:51:38 AM

Really it is a must we inform the people and give him the tools, too i think we should send emails to all company asking for acept btc for  buy their goods and services, we should too to sponsorize some high level sport-man, it would bring millions of possible users, it would be really nice

Yeah but the problem is that if we are holding bitcoins then we don't want that others should also have bitcoins in their wallet, and that is human nature or human behavior, at one end we say that the adoption level should be high and at other end we don't want others to know our secret that how we are earning bitcoins and we really don't want them to know about bitcoins so its a big question mark I guess.
Well idk, it all depends on how far ahead they're thinking. They can either aim for the short-term profit and then run off with the money, or they can see their investment grow over a fairly long period of time.

I, for one, have been telling people about how I use signature campaigns and faucets to get some Bitcoin, and I've been telling people how much I make from it per week.

EDIT: a letter
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: