Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 09:59:27 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Gold 1926 2 1/2 Dollar Indian Coin [INDISTINGUISHABLE REPLICA]  (Read 1262 times)
johnniewalker (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 06, 2012, 05:07:00 AM
Last edit: December 07, 2012, 01:23:55 AM by johnniewalker

Up for sale is a Replica 1926 2 1/2 dollar gold coin. But I could tell you it was real and you wouldn't know. This isn't the replica you see on some eBay tutorial. I know the factory manager in China these come from. They're simply indistinguishable from the real ones. The gold is cold, heavy and has a natural patina.
Price is 1 BTC including shipping.

s

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
J-Norm

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 06, 2012, 04:42:47 PM

...They're simply indistinguishable from the real ones. The gold is cold, heavy and has a natural patina.

Unless the fake is made from real gold then it will be very much distinguishable from the real one. Given the price I doubt it is made from real gold so it will not be nearly as heavy as the real one. Perhaps from looking alone you could not tell, but if someone picked it up they would know right away.

Your title is misleading. I came here because the title indicated a gold coin only to read that it was a replica.
johnniewalker (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 07, 2012, 01:23:15 AM

...They're simply indistinguishable from the real ones. The gold is cold, heavy and has a natural patina.

Unless the fake is made from real gold then it will be very much distinguishable from the real one. Given the price I doubt it is made from real gold so it will not be nearly as heavy as the real one. Perhaps from looking alone you could not tell, but if someone picked it up they would know right away.

Your title is misleading. I came here because the title indicated a gold coin only to read that it was a replica.
No, of course this isn't real gold. Although, coins are always kept in some kind of case. Either one from when they were graded, a hard-shell one or even the cheapest cardboard/plastic film type case.
This since its so small (the size of a penny) is dense, and feels a lot more real than a bigger gold coin replica.
I think the realism with this coin is incredible. It even has a patina on it that a natural gold coin would. I think its definitely worth 1 BTC to somebody.
About the title-I apologize, its revised.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: