Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 09:11:42 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Cannot find my transaction on blockchain / No confirmations after 48hours+! HELP  (Read 5441 times)
Nitroaware (OP)

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 21, 2015, 03:51:28 PM

What does the online blockchain explorers show your wallet has in it?  If it is the amount you should have then you are good, you just need to play with your client to get whatever error is happening with your client corrected.

It states i have 0BTC in my address, obviously thats not true... i had to make a fresh receiving address, so this is probably the reason why.

In regards to: 'getrawtransaction' -- Nothing has been listed.

I don't think my wallet is somewhat damaged, since other transactions are going in and out fine. It's been over 4days now since this has took place, so surely by now it should be returned to my wallet.
MCHouston

Activity: 882
Merit: 500

Where am I?

View Profile
December 21, 2015, 03:56:16 PM

What does the online blockchain explorers show your wallet has in it?  If it is the amount you should have then you are good, you just need to play with your client to get whatever error is happening with your client corrected.

It states i have 0BTC in my address, obviously thats not true... i had to make a fresh receiving address, so this is probably the reason why.

I don't think my wallet is somewhat damaged, since other transactions are going in and out fine. It's been over 4days now since this has took place, so surely by now it should be returned to my wallet.

If you do not see the 6 BTC in your wallet addresses online blockchain explorers, then they went somewhere go through the transaction history in the online block explorers and find out where the 6 BTC was sent, or post your BTC receiving addresses and I am sure people here will help.

BTC 13WWomzkAoUsXtxANN9f1zRzKusgFWpngJ
LTC LKXYdqRzRC8WciNDtiRwCeb8tZtioZA2Ks
DOGE DMsTJidwkkv2nL7KwwkBbVPfjt3MhS4TZ9
DannyHamilton
Legendary

Activity: 3388
Merit: 4653

View Profile
December 21, 2015, 04:25:52 PM

What does the online blockchain explorers show your wallet has in it?

This is a useless question.  In order to answer it, the OP would need to look up every address that the wallet has stored. This is what we are already doing with the listunspent and getrawtransaction commands.
DannyHamilton
Legendary

View Profile
December 21, 2015, 04:32:00 PM

If you do not see the 6 BTC in your wallet addresses online blockchain explorers, then they went somewhere go through the transaction history in the online block explorers and find out where the 6 BTC was sent

Did you even read this thread, or are you just entertaining yourself by jumping in the middle of a conversation and giving random advice in hopes of confusing the situation and making things worse?

post your BTC receiving addresses and I am sure people here will help.

Certainly this investigation would be much easier if the OP was willing to provide a list of all addresses in the wallet as well as the output of listunspent and all the transaction IDs from the wallet.

However, since the OP hasn't provided any of this information yet, I'm assuming that they prefer to maintain their privacy.  I'm doing what I can to walk them through the process of investigating it themselves.  In the process they are hopefully learning more about how bitcoin works in the first place (as will anyone else that takes the time to read and understand this thread).
jaydipmodhwadia

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

Verify my Bitcoin Address before EVERY transaction

View Profile WWW
December 21, 2015, 04:35:24 PM

OP: Has it finished the zapping process..? It may be that you have to run it more than once..? (also, keep your wallet.dat file as safe as possible and DO NOT give it to anyone who either DM's you asking for it... It could be a silly mistake you make. Also as a user has said, can you post the receiving addresses..? I'm happy however, if you do not want to provide them. (this is for the 6 btc which you have not received)

DannyHamilton: Do you think that he may need to reindex his whole blockchain again maybe because the old version did not correctly convert..?

Thanks,
Jay.
DannyHamilton
Legendary

View Profile
December 21, 2015, 04:35:54 PM

If you didn't make a typing error, then this is concerning.

If you sent the transaction from this wallet, then getrawtransaction should have returned information about the transaction.

Are you sure you used the correct transaction ID?  Are you sure that you spelled getrawtransaction correctly?  Can you try it without the space and 1 at the end?

In other words:
Code:
getrawtransaction TXID
Where you replace TXID with the actual transaction ID

If you sent a transaction from the wallet and the transaction is confirmed, then getrawtransaction should return information about the transaction.  If it doesn't, then there is something wrong with the transaction list in the wallet.
cr1776
Legendary

Activity: 4046
Merit: 1301

View Profile
December 21, 2015, 05:53:51 PM

People keep messaging me saying they need my wallet.dat to fix this, well that's not going to happen.. im not dumb.

Good!  Don't give anyone your wallet.    Glad you didn't send it to them!

Are you sure that this is the correct wallet.dat?  And you have backups?
MCHouston

Activity: 882
Merit: 500

Where am I?

View Profile
December 21, 2015, 07:08:36 PM

If you do not see the 6 BTC in your wallet addresses online blockchain explorers, then they went somewhere go through the transaction history in the online block explorers and find out where the 6 BTC was sent

Did you even read this thread, or are you just entertaining yourself by jumping in the middle of a conversation and giving random advice in hopes of confusing the situation and making things worse?

Yes I did read the entire thread and no not entertaining myself.

I had a similar issue to no matter what I did I had missing BTC on my local wallet, but the online blockchain explorer should the correct amount.  There was something wrong with the PC/Wallet cause I imported my private key to another wallet and everything showed correctly.

BTC 13WWomzkAoUsXtxANN9f1zRzKusgFWpngJ
LTC LKXYdqRzRC8WciNDtiRwCeb8tZtioZA2Ks
DOGE DMsTJidwkkv2nL7KwwkBbVPfjt3MhS4TZ9
Nitroaware (OP)

View Profile
December 21, 2015, 09:25:15 PM

If you didn't make a typing error, then this is concerning.

If you sent the transaction from this wallet, then getrawtransaction should have returned information about the transaction.

Are you sure you used the correct transaction ID?  Are you sure that you spelled getrawtransaction correctly?  Can you try it without the space and 1 at the end?

In other words:
Code:
getrawtransaction TXID
Where you replace TXID with the actual transaction ID

If you sent a transaction from the wallet and the transaction is confirmed, then getrawtransaction should return information about the transaction.  If it doesn't, then there is something wrong with the transaction list in the wallet.

" No information available about transaction (code -5) "

btw Danny, i do appreciate your support and your quality. So regardless i will be donating 1btc to that charity you proposed.

Is there anything else to do? :/

DannyHamilton
Legendary

View Profile
December 21, 2015, 10:13:13 PM

Odd.  I'm tempted to explore this a bit more to see if we can figure out what happened.

btw Danny, i do appreciate your support and your quality. So regardless i will be donating 1btc to that charity you proposed.

Yes, but I'm trying to decide what's the best next course of action to have the best chance of success without wasting time.

If you're willing to share the transaction ID with me for the transaction that you sent to localbitcoins, I'd dig into that a bit for you.  You could share it here or via PM if you prefer.  I have a GPG public key if you would prefer to send it encrypted.

If the transaction was confirmed and it was sent from this wallet, then the wallet should have found it in the blockchain after the zapwallettxes.

You could try shutting down the wallet and then re-starting it from the command line with the -rescan command line option.  This will force the wallet to scan the entire blockchain again looking for confirmed transactions that it doesn't know about.  I'd be really surprised if it finds it during a rescan after failing to find it during the zapwallettxes, but it won't hurt anything (aside from potentially wasting your time).

As jaydipmodhwadia has mentioned, you could try a -reindex as well. This will rebuild all the indexes from the current blk000??.dat files on your hard drive.  This is another step that won't hurt, but is likely to waste time since we don't have any indication yet that it would help.

shorena
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1520

No I dont escrow anymore.

View Profile WWW
December 21, 2015, 10:16:58 PM

Odd.  I'm tempted to explore this a bit more to see if we can figure out what happened.

Yes, but I'm trying to decide what's the best next course of action to have the best chance of success without wasting time.

If you're willing to share the transaction ID with me for the transaction that you sent to localbitcoins, I'd dig into that a bit for you.  You could share it here or via PM if you prefer.  I have a GPG public key if you would prefer to send it encrypted.

If the transaction was confirmed and it was sent from this wallet, then the wallet should have found it in the blockchain after the zapwallettxes.

You could try shutting down the wallet and then re-starting it from the command line with the -rescan command line option.  This will force the wallet to scan the entire blockchain again looking for confirmed transactions that it doesn't know about.  I'd be really surprised if it finds it during a rescan after failing to find it during the zapwallettxes, but it won't hurt anything (aside from potentially wasting your time).

As jaydipmodhwadia has mentioned, you could try a -reindex as well. This will rebuild all the indexes from the current blk000??.dat files on your hard drive.  This is another step that won't hurt, but is likely to waste time since we don't have any indication yet that it would help.

Do you think maybe the wallet.dat is partially corrupted? If so, e.g. only a few priv. keys can no longer be accessed, it should show in the debug.log and restoring from a backup not too old could do the trick.

Im not really here, its just your imagination.
Nitroaware (OP)

View Profile
December 22, 2015, 08:06:51 PM

Nevermind about the local bitcoins, that was just a mis-calculation. Just missing my 6bitcoins from my wallet balance.
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: