Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 09:22:29 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: If the US dollar crashed, would it affect bitcoin in any way?  (Read 6656 times)
Erkallys
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1004

View Profile
December 23, 2015, 08:54:56 PM

It depends on what you meant by "If the US dollar crashed". If you meant that it no longer exist, we're all rich. If you meant that the value of the US dollar crashes, we're also rich, but not as much as scenario one. I think there would have a sharp rise because the panic that would happen will so extreme that the whole world would become crazy and would try to find something safe to put their money on.
erikalui
Legendary

Activity: 2632
Merit: 1094

View Profile WWW
December 23, 2015, 09:09:50 PM

The US market affects mainly all big currencies, including my own countries currency and I don't think it will ever crash. If it does, then it would affect all the real currencies but not bitcoins as the bitcoin price would be calculated according to other currencies which would rise, most probably. So it will be a positive sign if dollar doesn't exist anymore.

QueenW

Activity: 952
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 23, 2015, 09:12:19 PM

If US currency crashed, bitcoin would be the new USD.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
HarryKPeters

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

Live Stars - Adult Streaming Platform

View Profile
December 23, 2015, 09:27:26 PM

Yes, Forex traders would seek somethine more stable and bitcoin is stable in the way it won't crash but also a currency which can grow more then other currencies.

Not that I want it, but it won't  harm my bitcoins Wink

Moneyburner

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 23, 2015, 10:24:09 PM

If the USD crashed, we would have a lot bigger issues than the price of bitcoin.

Logically, however, it should increase the price of bitcoin for anyone who uses USD. Similar to other currency exchanges, USD has less buying power so it will take more of them to purchase a bitcoin

▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼  No.1 Bitcoin Binary Options and Double Dice  ▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼
████████████████████████████████  sec◔nds trade  ████████████████████████████████
↑↓ Instant Bets ↑↓ Flexible 1~720 minutes Expiry time ↑↓ Highest Reward 190% ↑↓ 16 Assets [btc, forex, gold, 1% edge double dice] ↑↓
ftwbtc1

Activity: 204
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 24, 2015, 07:02:05 PM

As the title says, what would be the effects on bitcoin if the US economy crashed?

Would there be a sharp rise, as lots of people would want to move their money out of the dollar and into something else, or would the price drop, as a large fraction of the bitcoin community is American?

The price of bitcoin would sky rocket as people with USD and other currencies sought to purchase bitcoin and other currencies.  Of note, not only the price of bitcoin would increase.  Also, gold, litecoin and other cryptocurrencies would see there values rise sharply. 

Jet Cash
Legendary

Activity: 2716
Merit: 2457

https://JetCash.com

View Profile WWW
December 24, 2015, 07:15:50 PM

It isn't the government that creates dollars, it's the banks. A banking crisis could cause people to switch away from bank deposits to actual cash, and of course Bitcoin. They  could also switch to Renminbi, after all, there are a lot of Chinese in the US, and oil is being quoted in Renmimbi on some exchanges.

Offgrid campers allow you to enjoy life and preserve your health and wealth.
Save old Cars - my project to save old cars from scrapage schemes, and to reduce the sale of new cars.
My new Bitcoin transfer address is - bc1q9gtz8e40en6glgxwk4eujuau2fk5wxrprs6fys
Pab
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1012

View Profile
December 25, 2015, 04:29:45 PM

If the US dollar crash  it will affect all world together with bitcoin,we can compare that to explosion of some
mega huge nuclear bomb
But tell me what is US dollar crash for you

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
maxhor

Activity: 686

View Profile
December 25, 2015, 04:33:50 PM

If the US dollar will crash it will have positive affect on bitcoin price i think it will reach more than $10k in very short time of period after this but how the US dollar will crash?
trafficolaa
Legendary

Activity: 1008

View Profile
December 25, 2015, 04:39:10 PM

The US dollar leading the whole world economy i don't think there any chance for crash there but if in any case that kind of incident will happen than we will have positive rise into bitcoin price it will significantly will get more higher and stable than our imagination.   
Snail2
Legendary

Activity: 1512

View Profile
December 25, 2015, 07:13:17 PM

If USD somehow would crash that would bring down most of the world economy with itself. In a crippled economy during the time of uncertainty many people will go for the traditional stores of value like gold, instead of something new and not very well known like bitcoin. In addition USD and bitcoin economy goes hand in hand in this early stage so bitcoin would suffer too.
greBit

Activity: 714

View Profile
December 25, 2015, 07:45:06 PM

If the US dollar will crash it will have positive affect on bitcoin price i think it will reach more than $10k in very short time of period after this but how the US dollar will crash?

Surely it will an added advantage to Bitcoin if the US dollar crash but it's not so easy because government will do their best to stop dollars from going down and to make it stable they might introduce some new currency in worst case scenario even if dollar crashes
PakistanHockeyfan

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 27, 2015, 06:11:44 PM

That would never happen but if it did, it would not matter. We would just transfer our bitcoins to other currencies.
jt byte

Activity: 994

View Profile
December 27, 2015, 06:58:36 PM

This would be very extreme don't think something like this would happen.

If it would happen the price of bitcoin would just jumped somewhere near $ 1500. Maybe even more, but this would be random
speculation.
sishendaoye

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 27, 2015, 07:41:21 PM

If the US dollar crashed, bitcoin is just a small thing, in terms how this would affect the world.
Many countries will have problems by losing value on their currency.

Sure it is good for bitcoin, but very bad for the world.
bitcoinmar

Activity: 812

View Profile
December 27, 2015, 07:47:02 PM

Its very difficult that USDollar is going to crash because they are doing many things around world just for this but if any case its crash then its going to be very good for Bitcoin because this is going in more demand and rise in price
Newcoins2020

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 27, 2015, 10:07:19 PM

I see the dollar crash somewhere in the future. But not right now.
The US governement find a way to avoid it every time.

But there will ome a time there is nothing more that can be done to undo their lunatic spending.
Yakamoto
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1007

View Profile
December 27, 2015, 10:16:24 PM

I see the dollar crash somewhere in the future. But not right now.
The US governement find a way to avoid it every time.

But there will ome a time there is nothing more that can be done to undo their lunatic spending.
The only way that we can see the American government actually have to look at their spending is if another country funds a way to remove the USD as the world reserve currency. As long as they have the USD as their backbone, they can print and spend as much as they want. All that happens to the USD is that it will lose some value, but to be honest the gov't wouldn't care much about that, since they can continue to print more to compensate.

This isn't necessarily exactly what is happening, but it is certainly an issue.
Gloober

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 27, 2015, 10:37:37 PM

I think bitcoin will rise in value, I can't say this for sure because I'm not an expert in economics.
I can only guess at this point, I think the value will increase because the dollar would be worth less if the dollar would crash.
n2004al
Legendary

Activity: 1134

View Profile
December 29, 2015, 05:42:03 PM

As the title says, what would be the effects on bitcoin if the US economy crashed?

Would there be a sharp rise, as lots of people would want to move their money out of the dollar and into something else, or would the price drop, as a large fraction of the bitcoin community is American?

If us dollar crashes (totally impossible according to me) then the first thing that Federal Reserve will (must) do is to create another national legal currency, a new one which will have all the needed corrections which make the us dollar crashes. This is for sure. Then what could happen with bitcoin is (as it is always with bitcoin) a big question market. Because will be measured with the new USA national currency. Supposed better than the us dollar. So from one hand will have the people disappointed from the national currency (the ex one) and this factor can bring most of them versus bitcoin. Move that will increase its price. On the other hand will have a much better new currency associated with all the possible propaganda of the State of Usa. This can slow the flux of the people who will want bitcoin. The result. Everyone make its choice.

i dont get it, how can they simple create another currency just  like that. and what made you think that its impossible for the dollar to crash, first off US dollar is highly overvalued and the bubble might burst ..lets see.

Sorry for the late answer (very late to tell the truth). But I visit rarely the thread when I post even I am noticed that are new posts. Making my post think to not have more to tell. But forget that must be comments to my thoughts which want answer. So sorry again and here my answer.

Why don't get you? The create of the other currency? Is the most easy thing to do. All the national legal money within a country are centralized ones and owned by the state itself. So the state can do what want with its money: devaluate it, over valuate it, create another new which can be used like the old one or eliminate at all the old one and use only the new one. Accept as legal money other currencies of other countries, regulate or classify in various ways and grades those. Like was did with bitcoin in various countries of the world. There are not two countries which treat it in the same way. Every country treat find convenient for its economic situation primarily but even other factors. All those are realized through an Authority created especially with aim. To manage and take care for the national money. Named normally Central Bank. But even otherwise. At USA for example is named Federal Reserve. And its power is such that can change everything has to do with this money. Even to substitute it if necessary.

As for my conviction of the impossibility of the crash of us dollar this is a conviction that come from the strong and very well structured economy of USA. This economy which lead all the world has immense potential and first of all is leader in the new high technologies which brings amounts without end of money. Has those big new technologies which change all the world in every direction. And USA is the undisputed leader in such field. This make that all that debt that make fear to you or even to many other posters here in bitcointalk be "eliminated" in value by the above mentioned or the new ones which came in life every day more. The Government of USA is one the most open mind Governments in the world. Not by chance all most developed country of the world follow the USA in every new step they do forward. Such economy cannot leave never that its money have such kind of problems mentioned by you. Are one thing the theoretical figures and a totally other thing the reality. It is the second who rule. And the second in USA is extremely strong. Even if can prove crisis from time to time.

I can tell even more but I think that this can be enough for the moment. The other words will be only new examples which will reinforce the abiove and the esence is given above.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: