Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 09:48:55 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Apparently Stalin was good guy who killed no one...  (Read 6874 times)
Bitware (OP)

Activity: 926
Merit: 1001

weaving spiders come not here

View Profile
December 06, 2012, 10:50:43 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=PdajUraK0LM

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Lethn
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
December 07, 2012, 03:27:38 PM

Have I told you how much I hate and despise people like this?
myrkul

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

FIAT LIBERTAS RVAT CAELVM

View Profile WWW
December 07, 2012, 03:38:15 PM

Even without the border markers, it would be abundantly clear where North Korea sits on that peninsula... Approximately the same land mass, roughly half the population, and less than a tenth of the illumination.

Goooo Communism!

BTC1MYRkuLv4XPBa6bGnYAronz55grPAGcxja
Need Dispute resolution? Public Key ID: 0x11D341CF
No person has the right to initiate force, threat of force, or fraud against another person or their property. VIM VI REPELLERE LICET
fornit

Activity: 991
Merit: 1008

View Profile
December 07, 2012, 03:42:08 PM

please, more videos refuting moronic worldviews.... it so totally proves ancap is awesome - in your binary world anyway.
ElectricMucus
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1057

Marketing manager - GO MP

View Profile WWW
December 07, 2012, 03:47:22 PM

please, more videos refuting moronic worldviews.... it so totally proves ancap is awesome - in your binary world anyway.
Totally.

Like how the USA are 100% pure capitalism.
myrkul

View Profile WWW
December 07, 2012, 03:53:06 PM

please, more videos refuting moronic worldviews....

I'm glad you've finally come to understand that communism is moronic.

It's a step in the right direction, at least.

No person has the right to initiate force, threat of force, or fraud against another person or their property. VIM VI REPELLERE LICET
ElectricMucus
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1057

Marketing manager - GO MP

View Profile WWW
December 07, 2012, 04:00:26 PM

It's fundamentalism that's moronic, independently of the flavor  Roll Eyes
cunicula
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1003

View Profile
December 07, 2012, 04:01:12 PM

Even without the border markers, it would be abundantly clear where North Korea sits on that peninsula... Approximately the same land mass, roughly half the population, and less than a tenth of the illumination.

Goooo Communism!

http://www.newscientist.com/articleimages/dn21352/1-satellites-help-track-pirate-loot-in-somalia.html

Goooo AnCap!
cunicula
Legendary

View Profile
December 07, 2012, 04:02:52 PM

Amen!
myrkul

View Profile WWW
December 07, 2012, 04:09:25 PM

Goooo AnCap!

If Somalia were AnCap, you'd have a point. But it's not, now is it?

Away from the cities (where state influence was the worst, and where violence is now the worst), Somalia is primarily Anarcho-communist. Oops! You just proved my point.

Amen!

Thanks, I've been itching to use one of these...

Your logical fallacy is...

Richy_T
Legendary

Activity: 2436
Merit: 2121

1RichyTrEwPYjZSeAYxeiFBNnKC9UjC5k

View Profile
December 07, 2012, 04:11:36 PM

Even without the border markers, it would be abundantly clear where North Korea sits on that peninsula...

I disagree. Without the border markers, it could quite easily be a number of fishing boats on a large body of water.

myrkul

View Profile WWW
December 07, 2012, 04:17:38 PM

Even without the border markers, it would be abundantly clear where North Korea sits on that peninsula...

I disagree. Without the border markers, it could quite easily be a number of fishing boats on a large body of water.

The higher resolution image (warning: HUGE) shows the landmass plenty clearly, and even some of those fishing boats off the coast (which do, in fact, comprise most of NK's nighttime illumination).

cunicula
Legendary

View Profile
December 07, 2012, 04:34:22 PM

Goooo AnCap!

Away from the cities (where state influence was the worst, and where violence is now the worst), Somalia is primarily Anarcho-communist. Oops! You just proved my point.

Check out this research: http://www.peterleeson.com/Better_Off_Stateless.pdf

LOL! I think you should write your asshat libertarian friend with the news that Somalia is AnCom. His paper will need to be rewritten with fresh fabricated data.
fornit

Activity: 991
Merit: 1008

View Profile
December 07, 2012, 04:36:03 PM

please, more videos refuting moronic worldviews....

I'm glad you've finally come to understand that communism is moronic.

It's a step in the right direction, at least.

i understand denying stalins atrocities is moronic.
the main flaw of communism however is that it tries to achieve its goals through oppression, while you claim that its goals ARE oppression.
and i still beg to differ. taxes for example are not oppression, as long as they do not threaten property existential for living or are being used as a excuse for other, arbitrarily applied measures like intimidation, harassment or inspections/surveillance.
my main criticism of ancap is completely unrelated btw, mainly that there is no meaningful transition from existing forms of government, it is inherently unstable and if ever achieved is entirely barbaric in its treatment of those that cannot fend for themselves.
as long as you dont address those issues, proving any other type of government unjust or inefficient is somewhat pointless.
cunicula
Legendary

View Profile
December 07, 2012, 04:44:16 PM

Goooo AnCap!

It's fundamentalism that's moronic, independently of the flavor  Roll Eyes
Amen!

Thanks, I've been itching to use one of these...

Your logical fallacy is...

Um no. Fundamentalism is when you refuse to entertain the hypothesis that your beliefs are false. It is pretty obvious when people do this. It usually manifests itself through circular reasoning and logical leaps.

e.g. AnCap has never been tried and the state is evil, Huh therefore AnCap is the best possible system of organization

Intelligent people maintain multiple sets of contradictory beliefs simultaneously. I am a multicore processor. You are a pentium 4. You are a prisoner of your own fundamentalist architecture.
myrkul

View Profile WWW
December 07, 2012, 05:12:16 PM

Goooo AnCap!

Check out this research: http://www.peterleeson.com/Better_Off_Stateless.pdf

LOL! I think you should write your asshat libertarian friend with the news that Somalia is AnCom. His paper will need to be rewritten with fresh fabricated data.

LoL indeed... Nowhere in that paper does he mention "capitalism," nor "AnCap." He uses the terms "statelessness" and "anarchy" several times, though.

So... your point was?

Intelligent people maintain multiple sets of contradictory beliefs simultaneously.

No, insane people do that. Orwell even coined a term for it: Doublethink.
The power of holding two contradictory beliefs in one's mind simultaneously, and accepting both of them... To tell deliberate lies while genuinely believing in them, to forget any fact that has become inconvenient, and then, when it becomes necessary again, to draw it back from oblivion for just as long as it is needed, to deny the existence of objective reality and all the while to take account of the reality which one denies – all this is indispensably necessary. Even in using the word doublethink it is necessary to exercise doublethink. For by using the word one admits that one is tampering with reality; by a fresh act of doublethink one erases this knowledge; and so on indefinitely, with the lie always one leap ahead of the truth.

and i still beg to differ. taxes for example are not oppression, as long as they do not threaten property existential for living or are being used as a excuse for other, arbitrarily applied measures like intimidation, harassment or inspections/surveillance.
So, it's cool, then, if I come and steal some of your money, as long as I don't take so much that you can't survive without it, and I'm using it to help my Grandma afford her surgery?

my main criticism of ancap is completely unrelated btw, mainly that there is no meaningful transition from existing forms of government, it is inherently unstable and if ever achieved is entirely barbaric in its treatment of those that cannot fend for themselves.
The transition is simple, there's even a method to do so against State resistance: Agorism, though with the help of the State, the transition can be much more smooth. They need only give up their monopolies.
As to it's inherent instability, That's just plain false. Unless you can point to proof of that?
And it's treatment of those who cannot fend for themselves is entirely dependent upon the people who make up the society. If the welfare of those who can't fend for themselves is valued, then charities that take care of them will thrive.

cunicula
Legendary

View Profile
December 07, 2012, 05:29:44 PM

Intelligent people maintain multiple sets of contradictory beliefs simultaneously.

This is the same Orwell who wrote the quote in my signature line you know. He was an intelligent person. He understood subtlety and was not a fundamentalist.

i.e. He himself participated in doublethink and he would not have been ashamed to admit it.
myrkul

View Profile WWW
December 07, 2012, 05:33:24 PM

This is the same Orwell who wrote the quote in my signature line you know. He was an intelligent person.
Indeed.
In a Society in which there is no law, and in theory no compulsion, the only arbiter of behaviour is public opinion. But public opinion, because of the tremendous urge to conformity in gregarious animals, is less tolerant than any system of law. When human beings are governed by "thou shalt not", the individual can practise a certain amount of eccentricity: when they are supposedly governed by "love" or "reason", he is under continuous pressure to make him behave and think in exactly the same way as everyone else. - George Orwell

Non-aggression principle: Thou Shalt not use force, the threat of force, or fraud against another person or their property.

cunicula
Legendary

View Profile
December 07, 2012, 05:43:02 PM

This is the same Orwell who wrote the quote in my signature line you know. He was an intelligent person.
Indeed.
In a Society in which there is no law, and in theory no compulsion, the only arbiter of behaviour is public opinion. But public opinion, because of the tremendous urge to conformity in gregarious animals, is less tolerant than any system of law. When human beings are governed by "thou shalt not", the individual can practise a certain amount of eccentricity: when they are supposedly governed by "love" or "reason", he is under continuous pressure to make him behave and think in exactly the same way as everyone else. - George Orwell

Non-aggression principle: Thou Shalt not use force, the threat of force, or fraud against another person or their property.

Behold the fruits of fundamentalism! You have lost the power to interpret text without greatly distorting it. If I had not picked a libertarian author, you would have offered a very different interpretation. What a sad state you are in. Not able to think independently any more. 

Let's look at the context. It is from his essay on Gulliver's Travels.
http://www.george-orwell.org/Politics_vs._Literature:_An_Examination_of_Gulliver's_Travels/0.html

Gulliver's master is somewhat unwilling to obey, but
the "exhortation" (a Houyhnhnm, we are told, is never COMPELLED to do
anything, he is merely "exhorted" or "advised") cannot be disregarded.
This illustrates very well the totalitarian tendency which is explicit in
the anarchist or pacifist vision of Society. In a Society in which there
is no law, and in theory no compulsion, the only arbiter of behaviour is
public opinion. But public opinion, because of the tremendous urge to
conformity in gregarious animals, is less tolerant than any system of
law. When human beings are governed by "thou shalt not", the individual
can practise a certain amount of eccentricity: when they are supposedly
governed by "love" or "reason", he is under continuous pressure to make
him behave and think in exactly the same way as everyone else. The
Houyhnhnms, we are told, were unanimous on almost all subjects. The only
question they ever DISCUSSED was how to deal with the Yahoos. Otherwise
there was no room for disagreement among them, because the truth is
always either self-evident, or else it is undis-coverable and
unimportant. They had apparently no word for "opinion" in their language,
and in their conversations there was no "difference of sentiments". They
had reached, in fact, the highest stage of totalitarian organization, the
stage when conformity has become so general that there is no need for a
police force.

Now what is your misinterpretation?
Richy_T
Legendary

Activity: 2436
Merit: 2121

View Profile
December 07, 2012, 05:46:09 PM

is entirely barbaric in its treatment of those that cannot fend for themselves.

I'm no ancap supporter but it's actually neutral in its treatment of such people. The premise is that it's not the job of government to take care of such things (or indeed anything I guess). It is the individuals who are capable of helping such people who are either "barbaric" (actually a subjective judgment) or not.

Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: