Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 03:55:27 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: 1 2 3 [All]
  Print  
Author Topic: MMORPG using bitcoins + IMPORTANT UPDATE, MUST READ  (Read 3019 times)
MarxGames (OP)

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
December 07, 2012, 11:29:59 AM
Last edit: January 28, 2013, 10:59:50 PM by MarxGames

I am developing a MMORPG game called RPG MO (http://mo.ee) the game is free to play but you can donate to help (plus you get some stuff for exchange)
I was wondering if there are many Bitcoin users who would like to pay for in-game credits?
Let me know if you are out there and I will implement Bitcoin payments.

Here is a screenshot in case you are wondering what I'm talking about
http://mo.ee/img/1.jpg

for more images:
http://mo.ee/img/2.jpg
http://mo.ee/img/3.jpg

EDIT: Bitcoin payments have been added

EDIT, IMPORTANT UPDATE:
Everybody seems to like this idea - RPG game with bitcoin currency. I will do it but only if this page gets a 500 000 likes http://www.facebook.com/RpgMoCommunity
Good luck with that! If million likes are not reached by 1st of July then the offer is off.

Terms:
1) Everybody will have to pay a small entrance fee for it to work(about ~10 USD in BTC) to register an account and they can actually get BITCOINS for playing, I will invest $1500 myself and other money will come from sign-ups, in-game purchases(yes you can buy better gear) and supporters of this project.
2) The game will run for 3 months or longer(until 90% of bitcoins have been paid out), I will use the 5% to cover server costs. Other 5% will be divided between players who reach top 5 in highscores, there will be 15 different categories: Total skill points, Accuracy, Strength, Defense, Health, Magic, Alchemy, Woodcutting, Farming, Fishing, Cooking, Jewelry, Carpentry, Forging, Mining.
3) There is an anti-bot system that can ask at a random time(when you are performing a skill) for captcha code. Everytime you fail to complete the captcha challenge in 180 seconds you will get a penalty point - 5 points and your account will be banned, your bitcoins will be thrown back to the game pool. There is no way to revert the penalty points to ensure that everybody plays fair.
4) If account is inactive for 30 days(no login during that) account will be closed and earned bitcoins will be placed back to pool.
5) Payouts will be done manually to avoid hackers, there will be a minimum payout amount during the game but will be removed once game round is finished(stated in 2).

Terms can change a bit and new terms might be added, but they will be final once the game starts.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Akka
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 07, 2012, 01:14:50 PM

It doens't cost you anything to implement Bitcoin donations. There are no fees, no setup costs, no anything.

And Bitcoin is perfect for Micro Donations

So why even bother thinking about enabling it? Just do it!

All previous versions of currency will no longer be supported as of this update
DarkHyudrA
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1000

English <-> Portuguese translations

View Profile
December 07, 2012, 01:41:39 PM

It doens't cost you anything to implement Bitcoin donations. There are no fees, no setup costs, no anything.

Exactly, you have nothing to lose.
You're only helping to spread Bitcoin Smiley

Working now, tonight I'll take a look in your game.

English <-> Brazilian Portuguese translations
greyhawk

Activity: 938
Merit: 1009

View Profile
December 07, 2012, 01:45:25 PM

This looks like the most generic thing ever, right down to the rats. What sets your MMO apart that it makes me want to play it?
DarkHyudrA
Legendary

View Profile
December 07, 2012, 04:28:10 PM

In some kind of magic your screenshot has loaded.
Well, unless the battles are strategy ones, like on Final Fantasy Tactics, this game is like greyhawk said: a generic game.
As I can see, you have jobs/professions, what since the first release of WoW, 90% of the MMO's added those things.
Isometric 2D basic graphics, not a detailed map, probably not so great BGM and others sounds(please, tell me that your game is not mute by default like Tibia).

There will be always someone to play, but to have a lot of players you must have something new.

MarxGames (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 07, 2012, 06:59:21 PM
Last edit: December 07, 2012, 07:23:27 PM by MarxGames

In some kind of magic your screenshot has loaded.
Well, unless the battles are strategy ones, like on Final Fantasy Tactics, this game is like greyhawk said: a generic game.
As I can see, you have jobs/professions, what since the first release of WoW, 90% of the MMO's added those things.
Isometric 2D basic graphics, not a detailed map, probably not so great BGM and others sounds(please, tell me that your game is not mute by default like Tibia).

There will be always someone to play, but to have a lot of players you must have something new.
Sorry about the big image size, decreased it  by 60%. Actually we havent added music/sounds yet.

This looks like the most generic thing ever, right down to the rats. What sets your MMO apart that it makes me want to play it?
We have awesome community and you can actually play the game on most devices(need HTML5 support). We are doing updates every week. Lots of content for months.

As this is my hobby project and I am working on this in my free time. I dont have much time, so if there is nobody who is interested in donating with Bitcoins then I will better put my time into making new features rather than upgrading the payment system.
Akka
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 07, 2012, 07:02:29 PM
Last edit: December 07, 2012, 07:32:38 PM by Akka

You only need to post a BTC address in the donation area. Done in 3 seconds, copy, paste, save. That's it.

And Bitcoin is a really cool project, so you should get a wallet anyway.

All previous versions of currency will no longer be supported as of this update
DarkHyudrA
Legendary

View Profile
December 07, 2012, 07:17:55 PM

If you need to manipulate who donated the amount of BTC, then it's another history.
Most people generate a unique address and send it to a user. This way, every donation that came from 1xyz address came from the ABC user.

greyhawk

View Profile
December 07, 2012, 07:34:32 PM

(please, tell me that your game is not mute by default like Tibia).

Good god, Tibia still exists?  Shocked
MarxGames (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 07, 2012, 07:34:53 PM

If you need to manipulate who donated the amount of BTC, then it's another history.
Most people generate a unique address and send it to a user. This way, every donation that came from 1xyz address came from the ABC user.
Yes, I need to find out who donated so I can give a gift for the donation. For a fast and easy solution I found http://coinbase.com but they didnt answer my questions that I had with their product(payment button) so I still need to look around or start implementing it myself, but as there is noone who would like to donate with bitcoins and no easy solution to implement bitcoin payment I have to wait.
My questions about coinbase are here http://news.ycombinator.com/item?id=4878175
So if anyone knows a fast to integrate service for Bitcoin let me know. (I've looked at the Bitcoin API too, but it seems a bit complicated need to generate and constantly check for things - I prefer event based approach).
DarkHyudrA
Legendary

View Profile
December 07, 2012, 08:41:53 PM

You can't make a event thing.
Transactions of BTC aren't instant, and there's no webservice to tell that the BTC have "entered" in your address.
But you can take a look of a few PHP market codes, here in this forum, that can be useful.

Gatorhex

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 07, 2012, 09:33:11 PM
Last edit: December 08, 2012, 01:13:13 PM by Gatorhex

Yeah, bitcoin is perfect nobody take transaction fees off you, and no chargebacks.

Make sure it's fast leveling, evil and fun, to make up for the old graphics! Cheesy
61197da925c1

Activity: 72
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 07, 2012, 09:37:56 PM

JUST DO WHAT EVER OTHER MMORPG IS DOING

-have free play version
-premium subscription version
-and let people buy items that will give them an advantage

60 GH/s BFL Single SC - Pre-Order Yours Today!
`````` Only $1299.99 -  *Link Removed*  ``````
MarxGames (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 07, 2012, 10:05:54 PM
Last edit: December 08, 2012, 01:50:41 AM by MarxGames

I have started implementing Mt.Gox payment API. Expect to see BTC payments in next game version.
Edit: Good news, finished the integration, new version will be released on sunday/monday with the BTC option.  Grin
MarxGames (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 12, 2012, 03:43:25 AM

Bitcoin payments are finally live, it would be great if someone could test them.
Go to game http://rpg.mo.ee:1337 -> Log in -> Buy items and coins -> BTC -> Choose appropriate package -> Make the payment and let me know if you got the credits or not.
Largo

Activity: 112

View Profile
December 12, 2012, 04:28:44 AM

What i would really love to see is a game like yours adopting bitcoin as ingame credits.
Not just bitcoins as a payment method for donations or 'donators items' but the only currency used ingame.
Like for example 1 mBTC = 1 gold coin = 1000 silver coin etc to make it RPG compatible.
You could have NPCs sell things for goldcoins and the more coins get into the system that way the more you could add them as loot to monsters.
So inpatient players could just deposit BTC while players with alot of time could even earn Bitcoins that way!
Im sure such a game would get alot of traffic from players who want to earn money, but maybe they stay and even spend money!
You could take part of the money pool (5% maybe?) as fees for the service.

About your game:
I like it, reminds me a bit of Ultime Online, maybe the first real MMORPG on the market.
Maybe you should download it and try it out (But only the old 2d version), you could learn alot from it to make your own game better.

greyhawk

View Profile
December 12, 2012, 09:53:56 AM

What i would really love to see is a game like yours adopting bitcoin as ingame credits.
Not just bitcoins as a payment method for donations or 'donators items' but the only currency used ingame.
Like for example 1 mBTC = 1 gold coin = 1000 silver coin etc to make it RPG compatible.
You could have NPCs sell things for goldcoins and the more coins get into the system that way the more you could add them as loot to monsters.

Uhuh.... so who puts the bitcoins into the monsters for you to loot?
DarkHyudrA
Legendary

View Profile
December 12, 2012, 09:59:58 AM

Exactly... MT based stills a better idea.

greyscale

Activity: 45

View Profile
December 12, 2012, 10:19:01 AM

I have an idea = make Nefario, Pirate and other known scammers ingame monster bosses! There are your bitcoins, and the revenge! Grin

yes! and ben bernanke can be the final boss!
Largo

View Profile
December 12, 2012, 04:47:22 PM

Tbh i dont think its a bad idea, if noone tries it out maybe i will in the future  Wink
Most MMORPGs got really bad inflation, especially after a while when people stop playing and try to sell their ingame balance.
With bitcoins this could be a bit more balanced.

Maybe put 10 BTC into the game to bootstrap it, that would be 10.000 gold coins, or 10.000.000 silver coins.
Just have the smaller monsters drop a few silver coins only.

Then have them drop more once players deposit and spend bitcoins in the game, or make bigger monsters.
If there is more gold in the game it would only make sense that the monsters are richer too.
Depending on the gold in the pool you could either have the NPCs sell items for higher prices, or just add new higher priced items as the world progresses and gets richer.

Maybe im still missing a few things here, but i dont think we will know if its a good idea untill someone tries it out.
And im sure if it works, this could make an otherwise small game really huge if its the first bitcoin MMORPG.

I think that Dragons Tale, that gambling MMORPG, is already a good idea but i think it would need some regular gameplay too to get more people into it.

DarkHyudrA
Legendary

View Profile
December 12, 2012, 04:59:11 PM

Tbh i dont think its a bad idea, if noone tries it out maybe i will in the future  Wink
Most MMORPGs got really bad inflation, especially after a while when people stop playing and try to sell their ingame balance.
With bitcoins this could be a bit more balanced.

Maybe put 10 BTC into the game to bootstrap it, that would be 10.000 gold coins, or 10.000.000 silver coins.
Just have the smaller monsters drop a few silver coins only.

Then have them drop more once players deposit and spend bitcoins in the game, or make bigger monsters.
If there is more gold in the game it would only make sense that the monsters are richer too.
Depending on the gold in the pool you could either have the NPCs sell items for higher prices, or just add new higher priced items as the world progresses and gets richer.

Maybe im still missing a few things here, but i dont think we will know if its a good idea untill someone tries it out.
And im sure if it works, this could make an otherwise small game really huge if its the first bitcoin MMORPG.

I think that Dragons Tale, that gambling MMORPG, is already a good idea but i think it would need some regular gameplay too to get more people into it.

So, why the fuck someone would add more BTC to the game, if the itens will be more expesive too?
MT based is far more easy, because, adding itens is easy, but mainting and monitoring the whole game economy is far  worser.

Largo

View Profile
December 12, 2012, 05:39:38 PM

Whats MT based?

Actually if i would implement it i wouldnt touch the items prices, i would instead add new items which are more expensive as the world grows.
So about the same as regular MMORPGs, but regular MMORPGs have the problem of inflation, and the cool new items sometimes cost like 1 million times the amount of some newbie items.
With bitcoin it wouldnt have that much inflation if gold coins are only created through BTC deposits and get deleted on withdrawals.

Second Life is mixing real cash into the game too and they are very successfull, but their implementation totally sucks, with bitcoin the overhead would be near zero since there are no chargebacks etc.

Noone thinking a Bitcoin MMORPG would be a good idea?  Huh

Killer19

Activity: 42

View Profile
December 12, 2012, 05:46:18 PM

I would play this in a heart beat honestly.
Silverbug

Activity: 13

View Profile
December 12, 2012, 06:02:44 PM

Just go for it. You don't have to ask permission. I think it is a good idea.
DarkHyudrA
Legendary

View Profile
December 12, 2012, 06:12:25 PM

Whats MT based?

Actually if i would implement it i wouldnt touch the items prices, i would instead add new items which are more expensive as the world grows.
So about the same as regular MMORPGs, but regular MMORPGs have the problem of inflation, and the cool new items sometimes cost like 1 million times the amount of some newbie items.
With bitcoin it wouldnt have that much inflation if gold coins are only created through BTC deposits and get deleted on withdrawals.

Second Life is mixing real cash into the game too and they are very successfull, but their implementation totally sucks, with bitcoin the overhead would be near zero since there are no chargebacks etc.

Noone thinking a Bitcoin MMORPG would be a good idea?  Huh

Micro Transaction based, pay little prices over and over again to buy your itens and other ig services.
Note: IG stands for in-game.

So you say that you want a system that the more BTC they put in, the higher the interest rate to increase the common way of earning ig money?
The inflation on the common MMORPG is a bit necessary, because a y lvl guy win like x, a y+10 wins x², a y+25 wins x³ and so on, otherwise, a newbie could keep some of his money to reach high or top lvl and start with pretty nice itens.
MMO's and RPG's, even more MMORPG's, needs a lot of math to keep the balance.

Largo

View Profile
December 12, 2012, 06:45:29 PM

It would have to be wisely tweaked of course.
But i think it would be a nice experiment, especially since if there are many games using bitcoin, you could basically earn money from it and you could switch from game to game within minutes.

I wouldnt make the leveling a too big part of the game, pvp, quests, houses and decoration items are all more fun than leveling and could all benefit from bitcoin.
With not much leveling i also mean less difference on characters, so anyone with bitcoins could 'buy in' without spending month to level.
So i dont think inflation would be needed in such games if they are created right.

Some people would want to do pvp battle for 'real cash' (bitcoins), some would want to buy nice houses or rare decoration items, and it could be all in the same game or different games.

I see Second Life as an example that there is alot of demand for such games.

Another example why i think some gamers might like that idea:
In Ultima Online (like 10years ago before they ruined the game), some people were just playing the game to collect and trade items, they didnt 'level' their characters at all.
Some of them were really rich ingame, partly from trading ingame, partly they just bought ingame gold from other players for cash.
Some bought expensive clothing to show how rich they are, some had big castles with rare and unique items which looked like museums.
And there was a million dollar market on ebay for such rare items and gold with all the typical problems like paypal chargebacks etc.

With bitcoin in the game all that items trading could be in the game, without a need for ebay, paypal etc and no middleman like those 1000s of MMORPG item/gold sellers.

DarkHyudrA
Legendary

View Profile
December 12, 2012, 07:05:25 PM

It would have to be wisely tweaked of course.
But i think it would be a nice experiment, especially since if there are many games using bitcoin, you could basically earn money from it and you could switch from game to game within minutes.

I wouldnt make the leveling a too big part of the game, pvp, quests, houses and decoration items are all more fun than leveling and could all benefit from bitcoin.
With not much leveling i also mean less difference on characters, so anyone with bitcoins could 'buy in' without spending month to level.
So i dont think inflation would be needed in such games if they are created right.

Some people would want to do pvp battle for 'real cash' (bitcoins), some would want to buy nice houses or rare decoration items, and it could be all in the same game or different games.

I see Second Life as an example that there is alot of demand for such games.

Another example why i think some gamers might like that idea:
In Ultima Online (like 10years ago before they ruined the game), some people were just playing the game to collect and trade items, they didnt 'level' their characters at all.
Some of them were really rich ingame, partly from trading ingame, partly they just bought ingame gold from other players for cash.
Some bought expensive clothing to show how rich they are, some had big castles with rare and unique items which looked like museums.
And there was a million dollar market on ebay for such rare items and gold with all the typical problems like paypal chargebacks etc.

With bitcoin in the game all that items trading could be in the game, without a need for ebay, paypal etc and no middleman like those 1000s of MMORPG item/gold sellers.

I know how Ultima Online works, one of the first MMORPG's out there.
The only problem is, today there's no MMORPG that isn't focused on boring quests, lvling and doing pvp for better itens, power and cash. Maybe someone can give a shot trying this...

But I still don't understand where the BTC enters in, you say, exchange BTC -> IG Money?

Largo

View Profile
December 12, 2012, 07:21:38 PM

Not really exchange BTC -> ingame, more like BTC = the ingame currency.
Bitcoins get stored on the game servers.
Basically for a game like eve online you could just use BTC as the ingame currency name but for games like ultima online/wow etc you could have the bitcoins display as silver/gold/platin coins so it works for the roleplaying guys Smiley

Every user has his own bitcoin balance, and every bitcoin spent to NPCs or lost in gambling games etc would go to the game pool.
5% of the game pool would go to the game developer, 95% would go into monsters and quest rewards etc.

Im not into game development so i dont really have a 100% perfect concept in mind, just wondering why noone tried this.
Bitcoin would be perfect for this, much better than paypal which second life uses  Cheesy

DarkHyudrA
Legendary

View Profile
December 12, 2012, 07:31:28 PM

The game would need more ways of the developer earning money, maintaining an server for MMO ins't simple and low cost.
In the way you say, the game itself would be a gambling, it would be a forced Pay to Play(the game can't let people enter for free and earn money that costed BTC of other players).

Largo

View Profile
December 12, 2012, 07:46:54 PM

If every purchase in the game is taxed by 5% the developers could make alot of money.
Maybe even charge a small fee for ingame trades.

Of course you would have mostly people playing for free at the beginning, earning like 1-10 satoshi from killing monsters.
But if the game is good enough to attract more players, they will start pumping bitcoins into it soon enough.
You just have to provide reasons to do so, like land in second life, or houses in ultima online.

Maybe even reward the early adopters a bit more, like giving out cheap land/houses at the beginning, and then let them sell it later when there is more demand and people put BTC into the game. You could still make money from those transactions.

This could all be in addition to paying a monthly fee of course, but if i would do it, i would try to offer it for free and only get money from fees ingame, since ingame currency has value it shouldnt be a problem (see second life).

For example you could add new land to the game and if someone wants to enter that new land, they need to go through a gate which takes a one time fee.

DarkHyudrA
Legendary

View Profile
December 12, 2012, 08:39:14 PM

A lot of money, if there where a lot of players.

Uhmm... I don't think that way, I prefer making the player to activate his/her account spending something like a 0.05BTC initial and giving to the player a free starter pack.

The rewards for early adopters can't be so great, but making a good start is a must-have.
Don't agree with monthly pays or you will make them paying for the in-game currency, or monthly income. The both can't be together, otherwise it would be too much greedy to play.

TheKingDoof

Activity: 3

View Profile
December 12, 2012, 09:44:58 PM

Looks really nice. But you need to add some way to bring up a menu, so you're not logged out but you can go to the bathroom, cause I got a penalty point for going to the bathroom. Smiley Just lik something so i'm not in the game but I'm still logged in
MarxGames (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 12, 2012, 10:22:27 PM

Looks really nice. But you need to add some way to bring up a menu, so you're not logged out but you can go to the bathroom, cause I got a penalty point for going to the bathroom. Smiley Just lik something so i'm not in the game but I'm still logged in
If you are just afk and wont do any mining/fishing etc then you dont get the captcha.

And to everyone else with using BTC as in-game currency, its a good idea but can't be done because then there would be like million bots in the game.
Largo

View Profile
December 13, 2012, 12:57:18 AM

If you are just afk and wont do any mining/fishing etc then you dont get the captcha.

And to everyone else with using BTC as in-game currency, its a good idea but can't be done because then there would be like million bots in the game.

Not more than in any other MMORPG, they all have ingame currencys which have value in USD.
The only games that have nearly no bots are dead games or games which try very hard to make it impossible to automate + reporting features etc.

firefop

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 13, 2012, 01:23:56 AM

btc as an ingame money could work.

But the back-end for that would have to be extremely beefy. You'd have to track everything (and I do mean everything) with a current value assigned.

The only way I'd see it working if it was a subscription modem. Where you turn around and pump some insane amount (like 50% or 75%) of your profit back into the game.

The idea is this. You assign a type of object (say monster loot) a bucket - then you assign a percentage of influx to that bucket (as 20%) so 20% of the value added to the game goes into that bucket. Then each monster gets a set percentage based on it's data, and anything added to the bucket would be split up accordingly. Then assuming a player loots the monster, he would get those btc (or item that he could sell to an npc for that much btc).

Anything that doesn't get looted before it decays get it's vaule re-assigned to the 'influx' as do any coin from players purchasing items from in-game vendors. Now here's the interesting part. You really is a chance for a free to play model here... provided you were willing to seed the initial btc yourself and have reasonable prices. The really great thing about it would be each account or char.

There's a ton of lee-way for getting creative about how the seeding works in an mmo tho. Maybe everything drops as bound item - not vendor sellable - and players would need to spend btc to unlock the item - allowing them to trade the item, which would allow them to sell it to another player or an npc. You could scrape a tiny bit off that transaction making money every time someone unlocked an item.

The obvious advantage would be that you wouldn't be running a 'pay to win' model and you wouldn't be selling anything "exclusive" for btc. I think about the only thing you could get away with 'selling' would be some anti-annoyance features. Things like stacks of craft components, corpse summons and maybe item repairs (but these would have to be very micro indeed to prevent them from killing the game).

MarxGames (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 13, 2012, 02:32:23 AM

Well let's stay on topic and my game is free to play - bitcoins are just a way to support the game development.
I'm not planning to start paying for playing, I just dont have the funds to do that.
MarxGames (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 19, 2013, 12:37:57 AM

New update released - addded skills farming and carpentry. Read more from game forums or just play the game and try it out yourself at http://rpg.mo.ee

Also we have a Facebook page now http://www.facebook.com/RpgMoCommunity
KILLDROID

Activity: 6

View Profile
January 19, 2013, 12:50:15 AM

for everyone suggesting that the in-game currency should be bitcoin google Entropia Universe.

It is (was?) an mmo w a real cash economy.

I DO think that using bitcoin instead of cash could fix some of the problems that Entropia had but it would have to be VERY well implemented to work and attract players without being a huge financial sinkhole for the devs.
MarxGames (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 19, 2013, 01:49:31 AM
Last edit: January 19, 2013, 02:14:18 AM by MarxGames

Fine, everybody seems to like this idea - RPG game with bitcoin currency. I will do it but only if this page gets a million likes http://www.facebook.com/RpgMoCommunity
Good luck with that! If million likes are not reached by 1st of July then the offer is off.

Terms:
1) Everybody will have to pay a small entrance fee for it to work(about ~10 USD in BTC) to register an account and they can actually get BITCOINS for playing, I will invest $1500(+ countless developing hours) myself and other money will come from sign-ups, in-game purchases(yes you can buy better gear) and supporters of this project.
2) The game will run for 3 months or longer(until 90% of bitcoins have been paid out), I will use the 5% to cover server costs. Other 5% will be divided between players who reach top 5 in highscores, there will be 15 different categories: Total skill points, Accuracy, Strength, Defense, Health, Magic, Alchemy, Woodcutting, Farming, Fishing, Cooking, Jewelry, Carpentry, Forging, Mining.
3) There is an anti-bot system that can ask at a random time(when you are performing a skill) for captcha code. Everytime you fail to complete the captcha challenge in 180 seconds you will get a penalty point - 5 points and your account will be banned, your bitcoins will be thrown back to the game pool. There is no way to revert the penalty points to ensure that everybody plays fair.
4) If account is inactive for 30 days(no login during that) account will be closed and earned bitcoins will be placed back to pool.
5) Payouts will be done manually to avoid hackers, there will be a minimum payout amount during the game but will be removed once game round is finished(stated in 2).

Terms can change a bit and new terms might be added, but they will be final once the game starts.
Largo

View Profile
January 19, 2013, 02:13:57 AM

Every point listed is really a reason why i wouldnt play your game  Roll Eyes

1. Why should everyone be forced to pay? You will get 10-100 times less players.

2. A mmorpg that only runs for a limited time? Noone will invest time or money into that.

3. Yeah right lol, better dont go to the toilet  Cry

4. Uhm, why?

5. Ok this is the only one which i would agree on, maybe  Grin

MarxGames (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 19, 2013, 02:25:08 AM

Every point listed is really a reason why i wouldnt play your game  Roll Eyes

1. Why should everyone be forced to pay? You will get 10-100 times less players.

2. A mmorpg that only runs for a limited time? Noone will invest time or money into that.

3. Yeah right lol, better dont go to the toilet  Cry

4. Uhm, why?

5. Ok this is the only one which i would agree on, maybe  Grin

1) to make sure that the bitcoin pool will be more tempting(bigger) also to make players play longer and not give up easily
2) I think it has to be limited but we can have many runs if the first one will be successful
3) you can go to the toilet if you are just standing and not doing any skill(mining etc)
4) actually we can throw this one away but also same reason to keep players playing
5) good that you like

to everyone: its time to discuss the terms!
MarxGames (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 19, 2013, 08:49:33 PM

What is wrong, why nobody cares now?
tolis9090

Activity: 5

View Profile
January 19, 2013, 10:48:38 PM

good job,keep it up
DarkHyudrA
Legendary

View Profile
January 21, 2013, 11:12:09 AM

A million likes?
Most of the Bitcoin community hates those "social networks", and I believe that we don't have a million Bitcoin enthusiast that are players.
If you want more people to comment on your idea, post on the Project Development section,

constitution

Activity: 28

View Profile
January 22, 2013, 07:05:54 PM

Cool, I want a MMORPG where people pay in BTC.
MarxGames (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 28, 2013, 11:02:59 PM

It will continue from here:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=130884.msg1400699
Pages: 1 2 3 [All]
  Print  

Jump to: