Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 01:58:07 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Waiting for the day when Amazon & eBay accept BTC  (Read 3582 times)
maku
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 20, 2015, 10:44:33 AM

This is just a fantasy of mine.

Since the split of ebay and paypal, buyers have been looking forward to more payment choices. I wonder if bitcoin is one of the considerations.

Amazon buyers with bitcoins have been using purse.io to get cheaper goods. I wonder how the implementation of bitcoin payment is going to impact the prices of bitcoins.
Yes, it would be huge news. It will push bitcoin adoption years ahead. But I wonder if that really happen what it will do to bitcoin price?
As amazon and eBay would certainly sell all bitcoins instantaneously after receiving them for FIAT. This kind of constant sells would lower the price of BTC significantly, no?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
crazyivan
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1007

DMD Diamond Making Money 4+ years! Join us!

View Profile
December 20, 2015, 10:48:35 AM

Anonymity s the issue here. As long as you can stay anonymus and ripp off people, no big merchant ll accept BTC. This ability to hide identity s absolutely the biggest shit BTC has brought to us. Only SCAMMERS hide their identity.

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
December 20, 2015, 10:50:21 AM

Anonymity s the issue here. As long as you can stay anonymus and ripp off people, no big merchant ll accept BTC. This ability to hide identity s absolutely the biggest shit BTC has brought to us. Only SCAMMERS hide their identity.
A perfect case of faulty generalization and a very ignorant statement.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
enhu
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1018

View Profile
December 20, 2015, 10:51:46 AM

Not just buyers but Sellers of course, I sell digital products on local forums and I don't want charge backs as what happened months ago to which PDF files have been sent yet some dimwit who didn't understood what do it filed a dispute just because he didn't understand few terms.

its easy to set up if you the store itself like ebay or amazon allows BTC. unlike mentioning you accept bitcoins while users have no idea about BTC.

██████████ BitcoinCleanUp.comDebunking Bitcoin's Energy Use ██████████
██████████                Twitter#EndTheFUD                 ██████████
quentincole32

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 20, 2015, 11:12:50 AM

Since the split of ebay and paypal, buyers have been looking forward to more payment choices. I wonder if bitcoin is one of the considerations.

Amazon buyers with bitcoins have been using purse.io to get cheaper goods. I wonder how the implementation of bitcoin payment is going to impact the prices of bitcoins.
lets wait until end of 2016 year,so many people hope that next year is bitcoin year,and i'm sure all of they also hope bitcoin will accepted by ebay and amazon,as we know that two online shop is the biggest and most popular,and part of us have tried to promote bitcoin to amazon and ebay,but ist doesn't enogh.

▃▃▌▌AMBROSUS▐▐▃▃▃ - TRUSTED QUALITY OF FOOD & MEDICINE
ICO date 13 September
Denker
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1014

View Profile
December 20, 2015, 11:14:19 AM

It will have a good impact if they actually do that , yes ... however we all know that this is not going to happen because it may cause problems like refunds etc ... and this is why there is OpenBazaar under development in the first place , So we all stop using Amazon and ebay & use our own decentralized store .

At least this is what I will do if I will find the goods I'm looking for on OB.
But I think it will take some time until you have decent stores and suppliers on OB with wide variety of products.
I hope that the BTC community will support and use OB as much as possible.
Nameless Coin

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 20, 2015, 11:19:08 AM

I think with Amazon you can buy a giftcard with bitcoin and with that you can buy something.
For me the most important thing that all the stores of the world (the famous one) should just accept bitcoin.
bitsmichel

Activity: 518

View Profile
December 20, 2015, 11:30:23 AM

I think with Amazon you can buy a giftcard with bitcoin and with that you can buy something.
For me the most important thing that all the stores of the world (the famous one) should just accept bitcoin.
You can buy a giftcard with bitcoin on gyft.com. I heard about that site a while ago but do not know if it's safe.

Lauda, why don't you use your real name on this forum?   Grin

biggbox

Activity: 448

View Profile WWW
December 20, 2015, 11:56:30 AM

I will be interested to see how the fees evolved. eBay & PayPal combo is about ~15% fees which means you have to mark up at least 15% to cover the fees. What are Amazon's fees?

1Cr9iLWm2dSGH8259VQd2wDzpkR63jGVjW
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
December 20, 2015, 12:03:08 PM

His statement implies that I'm a scammer and that satoshi is a scammer too (among other people). That's why I said that it is very ignorant.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
LiteCoinGuy
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1010

In Satoshi I Trust

View Profile WWW
December 20, 2015, 12:08:22 PM

there are alot more important/interesting things than paying with bitcoin at amazon  Smiley

Slark
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1004

View Profile
December 20, 2015, 12:16:22 PM

You can buy a giftcard with bitcoin on gyft.com. I heard about that site a while ago but do not know if it's safe.

Protecting your privacy has nothing to do with being dishonest person. I've seen arguments of ignorant people who say: I am not a criminal therefore I don't care if I am being spied by google, windows or facebook.
And I am fine with people from internet know my identity, address etc. If we lived in a perfect world without idiots and trolls, then revealing your information will be fine, but as you know it is exactly otherwise.
ebliever
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1035

View Profile
December 20, 2015, 12:31:15 PM

Yes, it would be huge news. It will push bitcoin adoption years ahead. But I wonder if that really happen what it will do to bitcoin price?
As amazon and eBay would certainly sell all bitcoins instantaneously after receiving them for FIAT. This kind of constant sells would lower the price of BTC significantly, no?

Only if people are liquidating their long-term bitcoin investments would it create downward pressure. If Amazon recognizes the advantages to merchants (no counterfeiting, chargebacks, credit card fees, etc.) and offers a modest discount (say, 2%) to those paying with bitcoin, then people will convert cash to bitcoin to make their purchases at Amazon. This will cancel out the selling pressure if Amazon doesn't hold the bitcoins.

Of course, it's also possible that Amazon begins to use bitcoin with its vendors once it starts accepting it. This would also reduce the selling pressure on bitcoin, as it circulates more in the supply chain. There could be some significant advantages to companies doing international business using bitcoin rather than doing currency exchanges.

Luke 12:15-21

Ephesians 2:8-9
calkob

Activity: 1092
Merit: 520

View Profile
December 20, 2015, 12:41:42 PM

Sounds great that means we could buy stuff with are bitcoin and then buy them back for less.......WIN WIN  Cheesy
LuckyYOU

Activity: 280

View Profile
December 20, 2015, 12:56:31 PM

I think there needs to be more people using bitcoin in order for this to be made possible by companies such as Amazon.
I don't think they would want to waste time and such on making this available if not many people are going to use it.

Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
December 20, 2015, 12:59:37 PM

uh, you can not stay anonimous, when you order something from whatever place, beause you need you know...to put your address of your house and your name

so you've already compromised your privacy, amazon is not accepting bitcoin because of regualtion, that's it they have no other reason for not accepting it, stability is not an issue, they can dump the same second you make the payment
SWIPEITWORLD-SIWATS

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
December 20, 2015, 01:42:58 PM
Last edit: December 20, 2015, 01:56:25 PM by SWIPEITWORLD-SIWATS

Hi Friends.

I have seen lot of people willing to use there BTCBitcoins to SHOP ONLINE

Now use BTCBitcoins to Shop Internationally At Amazon

Steps to shop on Amazon using bitcoins:

Step 1. Add to Wish List

Click “Add to Wish List.”
If you’re new to wish lists, select “Create Wish List” (make sure the list is public)

Step 2. Configure wish list

US Customers: Select “List Settings”
International Customers: Select “List Actions” then “Update list profile”
Select “List Details”

Step 3. Add address to wish list

Fill out ‘ship to’ section with your address.
Make sure that “Third party shipping” is checked.
Make sure the “Don’t spoil the surprise” box is unchecked

Step 4. Get Your Amazon Wish List URL

Navigate on Amazon to your wish list and copy the URL.

Step 5. Create An Account In Purse

Step 6. Paste the URL into the search bar on Purse.

Paste your Amazon Wish List

Step 7. Name Your Discount

Select a discount by sliding the bar.
Fund the order.

Step 8. After funding your order your bitcoins are deposited in Purse Escrow

Step 9. Your Wish List is purchased

Another user will purchase the order and ship it to you (in exchange for your bitcoins). at purse.

Step 10. You Get Your Shipment Tracking Details.

The Product is usually Delivered with 1 - 5 Days.

Step 11. After you receive your product go back to purse and release the bitcoins held in Purse Escrow to the Buyer.

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy CheesyHurrry... Now Buy Anything in Amazon Using Your Bitcoins.
biggbox

Activity: 448

View Profile WWW
December 20, 2015, 01:46:02 PM

OP did say about Purse.io. If I am not mistaken, referral links are not encouraged.

Hi Friends.

I have seen lot of people willing to use there BTCBitcoins to SHOP ONLINE

Now use BTCBitcoins to Shop Internationally At Amazon

Steps to shop on Amazon using bitcoins:

Step 1. Add to Wish List

Click “Add to Wish List.”
If you’re new to wish lists, select “Create Wish List” (make sure the list is public)

Step 2. Configure wish list

US Customers: Select “List Settings”
International Customers: Select “List Actions” then “Update list profile”
Select “List Details”

Step 3. Add address to wish list

Fill out ‘ship to’ section with your address.
Make sure that “Third party shipping” is checked.
Make sure the “Don’t spoil the surprise” box is unchecked

Step 4. Get Your Amazon Wish List URL

Navigate on Amazon to your wish list and copy the URL.

Step 5. Create An Account In Purse

Website: ---------------STRIPPED----------------------------

Step 6. Paste the URL into the search bar on Purse.

Paste your Amazon Wish List

Step 7. Name Your Discount

Select a discount by sliding the bar.
Fund the order.

Step 8. After funding your order your bitcoins are deposited in Purse Escrow

Step 9. Your Wish List is purchased

Another user will purchase the order and ship it to you (in exchange for your bitcoins). at purse.

Step 10. You Get Your Shipment Tracking Details.

The Product is usually Delivered with 1 - 5 Days.

Step 11. After you receive your product go back to purse and release the bitcoins held in Purse Escrow to the Buyer.

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy CheesyHurrry... Now Buy Anything in Amazon Using Your Bitcoins.

1Cr9iLWm2dSGH8259VQd2wDzpkR63jGVjW
sbtctalk (OP)

Activity: 266

View Profile
December 20, 2015, 02:11:28 PM

Do u have to submit your ID when u make payment with bitcoins on gyft? My cousin was asked for her ID when tried to purchase items on gyft with credit card.
You don't. You can enter anything in the common fields found when registering at websites. Gyft is actually very good with Bitcoin (I've used it for a few hundred $ of gift cards).

Are the major btc payment gateways such as bitpay pitching themselves to the major sites?
I'm pretty sure that a lot of people have suggested both Amazon and Ebay to start accepting BTC, not sure about the gateways though. 

Thank u lauda. Perhaps we are not buying from within US. I will try it myself.

Bitpay which claims to be the largest btc payment gateway should market itself aggressively towards the big sites. Maybe they are already doing that.

I hope bitpay IPO soon. It has potential.

13Sk3gsQ1ogrzmyt3xMVvByxcUvZr98kKN
randy8777
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 20, 2015, 02:29:30 PM

i also would love to see amazon accept bitcoin payments at some point in the future. but i am sure there is a reason why they haven't already. it could be the lack of people who are actually spending their coins, or the blocksize.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: