Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 06:05:44 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: How often do you show/hide persons on your ignore list?
I never look at posts made by people on my ignore list - 2 (8.7%)
Sometimes, I use the show/hide button if I feel like their post may be relevant to a discussion - 8 (34.8%)
I find myself often taking a peek at what the people on my ignore list are posting - 3 (13%)
I almost always look at the posts made by people on my ignore list - 3 (13%)
I STALK THE PEOPLE ON MY IGNORE LIST. THEIR POSTS ARE ALL I LOOK AT. - 2 (8.7%)
Just show me the votes.  I want to peek at them. - 5 (21.7%)
Total Voters: 23

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [POLL] How often do you show/hide persons on your ignore list?  (Read 1460 times)
SgtSpike (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1005

View Profile
December 07, 2012, 11:38:42 PM

My hypothesis is that the ignore button is largely used to give people justification for not responding to others, but users still often show posts of the people they ignore, just because they are curious what that person is saying.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
December 07, 2012, 11:42:14 PM

I've never ignored anybody. I do have a theory that some people may put others on ignore with their sockpuppets that have a 100+ post count just to... Not sure why, but it's probably different for different people.

~Bruno K~
myrkul

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

FIAT LIBERTAS RVAT CAELVM

View Profile WWW
December 08, 2012, 12:17:06 AM

As I've stated elsewhere, I mostly use the ignore button as a visible "I am disappoint," a way of voting down users whose posts are offensive. As a bonus, I don't have to see their logorrhea unless I want to.

BTC1MYRkuLv4XPBa6bGnYAronz55grPAGcxja
Need Dispute resolution? Public Key ID: 0x11D341CF
No person has the right to initiate force, threat of force, or fraud against another person or their property. VIM VI REPELLERE LICET
Rudd-O

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
December 08, 2012, 12:41:07 AM

As I've stated elsewhere, I mostly use the ignore button as a visible "I am disappoint," a way of voting down users whose posts are offensive. As a bonus, I don't have to see their logorrhea unless I want to.

Seconded.  I never read idiots who I've ignored, unless their idiocy spills into other people's comment quotes.
Rudd-O

View Profile WWW
December 08, 2012, 02:00:46 AM

My hypothesis is that the ignore button is largely used to give people justification for not responding to others, but users still often show posts of the people they ignore, just because they are curious what that person is saying.

I started ignoring some users recently, but than I realised - fuck it, I can handle any shit anyone throw at me, bring it on! Grin

I don't really think it's a question of you being or not being able to "handle it", but more a question of why do you need to bother with sociopaths vomiting garbage around here?

The ignore button is not a psychological defense -- it is a time saver.
gweedo
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 08, 2012, 02:04:01 AM

I never ignored anyone, no one has gotten to me like that yet.
Kluge
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1015

View Profile
December 08, 2012, 02:21:47 AM

Wow. Cumulatively, all the people in my ignore list probably make up at least 20% of the posts in this forum. I'd count how many there are, exactly, but I really don't have the bandwidth to load all that text -- probably at least 40 users. I use it as a time-saver, so I only rarely click "show" anymore.
myrkul

View Profile WWW
December 08, 2012, 02:26:49 AM

Wow. Cumulatively, all the people in my ignore list probably make up at least 20% of the posts in this forum. I'd count how many there are, exactly, but I really don't have the bandwidth to load all that text -- probably at least 40 users. I use it as a time-saver, so I only rarely click "show" anymore.

There have been whole pages of threads that were just "this user has been ignored."

No person has the right to initiate force, threat of force, or fraud against another person or their property. VIM VI REPELLERE LICET
Rudd-O

View Profile WWW
December 08, 2012, 03:17:55 AM

There have been whole pages of threads that were just "this user has been ignored."

Same here.  I lol when that happens -- it means I've saved myself at least 5 minutes.
greyhawk

Activity: 938
Merit: 1009

View Profile
December 08, 2012, 03:30:09 AM

From what I see the people who have the most ignores are the ones who ask the question people don''t like to be asked. Look at who has the most ignores. Reeses. Phineas Gauge. Psy. Each and everyone people who ask exactly the questions that need to be asked but no one wants to have answered. And worse - time and time again they turn out to be right.

Now why would that be? Is it maybe because these people hate Bitcoin and thus try to undermine it at every opportunity. Or maybe is it because they are not easily duped idiots that call an obvious fraud a fraud?

Tough decision.

But here's a hint. It's not the first "maybe".
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
December 08, 2012, 03:41:38 AM

From what I see the people who have the most ignores are the ones who ask the question people don''t like to be asked. Look at who has the most ignores. Reeses. Phineas Gauge. Psy. Each and everyone people who ask exactly the questions that need to be asked but no one wants to have answered. And worse - time and time again they turn out to be right.

Now why would that be? Is it maybe because these people hate Bitcoin and thus try to undermine it at every opportunity. Or maybe is it because they are not easily duped idiots that call an obvious fraud a fraud?

Tough decision.

But here's a hint. It's not the first "maybe".

Actually, although I have asked many a questions in the past, many a times I have been proven wrong but, then again, they continued to pitch to Babe.

Thanks for the post, greyhawk.

~Bruno K~
repentance

Activity: 868

View Profile
December 08, 2012, 04:23:12 AM

The show/hide button doesn't work very well so if it looks from other people's quotes like someone on my ignore list has something interesting to say, I unignore them - safe in the knowledge that it takes only one click to put them back on ignore.

All I can say is that this is Bitcoin. I don't believe it until I see six confirmations.
guruvan

View Profile
December 08, 2012, 04:25:59 AM

You missed the option "I only show/hide when I know the ignored person is trolling me, personally.

I gotta read those, for sure. How else do I know how much an asshat ciuciu is?

myrkul

View Profile WWW
December 08, 2012, 04:34:21 AM

The funny thing is, I don't have those people on ignore. Ignore is for trolls and asshats.

LiteBit
Legendary

Activity: 1133
Merit: 1050

View Profile
December 08, 2012, 04:46:28 AM

No ignores on my settings yet
Yuhfhrh

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 08, 2012, 05:14:57 AM

No ignores here either.
Lethn
Legendary

Activity: 1540

View Profile WWW
December 08, 2012, 05:45:05 AM

My option isn't on there, occasionally I'll show the person ignored just to remember why I ignored them in the first place again, they usually find a way to get me to remember lol.
guruvan

View Profile
December 08, 2012, 07:47:48 AM

There's also people like MPOE-PR, and pure trolls like ciuciu, smoothie, so the ensuing argument doesn't really hold up.

greyhawk

Activity: 938
Merit: 1009

View Profile
December 08, 2012, 11:40:57 AM

There's also people like MPOE-PR, and pure trolls like ciuciu, smoothie, so the ensuing argument doesn't really hold up.

MPOE-PR is just telling uncomfortable truths. Now with ciuciu... yeah, I've got nothing to say about that, he's an annoyotron all right.
Lethn
Legendary

Activity: 1540

View Profile WWW
December 08, 2012, 03:01:44 PM

MPOE-PR is just telling uncomfortable truths. Now with ciuciu... yeah, I've got nothing to say about that, he's an annoyotron all right.

This is the great thing about ignore lists though, if you have an issue from someone rather than whining to mods about it and having to read their stuff you can just pop them on the ignore list and be very civil most of the time Tongue

The funny thing is, I don't have those people on ignore. Ignore is for trolls and asshats.

I'm not an asshat! ;_; I'd just rather not argue with stupid and irrational people when I just want to talk about Bitcoins or something random.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: