Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 07:51:03 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How many bitcoins can you mine with a typical computer?  (Read 19938 times)
notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 16, 2016, 09:01:47 AM

With my U2 I mine 200  up 500 satoshi per day...
with computer you should mine mine 20 to 50 per day...

If he goes for a usb stick miner go with gekkoscience compac.  It's about same or less then ebay U2's and you can order direct from Sidehack.  And instead of 2 GH you will get 8 pretty easy.  If you have good hub and y cable you are talking about 16 GH+.   

And be away usb sticks are more for fun/lotto mining.  So ROI is unlikely.   But if you go that route for sure get the compac.  As far as regular computers mining GPU/CPU on btc those day's are dead.

I have bought it expensive...just for the fun...
I was not interested in a risky seconde hand.
Now i get it...I keep it.

if someone is interested to comine with me...i will sent him the satoshi back

Not sure what you mean.  The one I recommended was going with the Compac right now, best usb stick for the money.   You can order direct from sidehack.

If your talking about U2's there is a reason you cant get direct anymore... they are obsolete unless using for learning.  Most lotto miners it makes more sense sell U2's and buy Compacs 2 GH vs possibly 16+ GH is just a huge difference in speed.

you are right...
but If I sell it because it is obselete...why should someone buy it if it is obselete? (lol)
And so far i'm not interested in an other usb stick.

Some buy for learning even being old and obsolete it is fine for learning mining.   You could even use a asic miner block erupter, nothing wrong with using one for learning.

Other reason is collecting.  I think most would be surprised how many collect some USB miners.  They are small easy to display and pretty cheap.  Also some have a few colors so you can collect multiple to have a set.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
winspiral
Legendary

Activity: 1778
Merit: 1026

Free WSPU2 Token or real dollars

View Profile WWW
February 16, 2016, 09:57:19 AM

Other reason is collecting.  I think most would be surprised how many collect some USB miners.  They are small easy to display and pretty cheap.  Also some have a few colors so you can collect multiple to have a set.

How much do you offer me for my U2 ?
...if you pay as well the sending fees...(lol)

notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
February 16, 2016, 02:22:13 PM

How much do you offer me for my U2 ?
...if you pay as well the sending fees...(lol)

Me nothing... I don't get too wrapped up in getting them all on USB sticks just to many for me.  I like rare sticks so some of my collector's are prototype's that I like the best.  Which I still have a very small collection I don't consider myself a collector.

But I could understand why some might like collecting them.
venan

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

https://dreamtowards.net/?inviter=venan

View Profile
February 16, 2016, 02:26:00 PM

with server I count 3-4$ in month, so imagine yourself what amount will be with common PC, just forget about it

notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
February 16, 2016, 02:38:12 PM

with server I count 3-4$ in month, so imagine yourself what amount will be with common PC, just forget about it

This is so vague though.  We need to know your server specs just saying I have a server does not mean the same thing as there are HUGE differences in performance and price.   But you cannot generalize gear like a server, you have to put details.  Granted it likely will not pay cost of it... .but still you have to go into it.

I agree cpu/gpu mining day's are over as far as ROI.  GPU might make a little money depending on electricity but it wont pay for cards.  
venan

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

https://dreamtowards.net/?inviter=venan

View Profile
February 16, 2016, 05:52:43 PM

This is so vague though.  We need to know your server specs just saying I have a server does not mean the same thing as there are HUGE differences in performance and price.   But you cannot generalize gear like a server, you have to put details.  Granted it likely will not pay cost of it... .but still you have to go into it.

I agree cpu/gpu mining day's are over as far as ROI.  GPU might make a little money depending on electricity but it wont pay for cards.  

motherboard: z9pe-d8 ws
CPU cores: 12CPUs x 2.107GHz
Processor Type: Intel(R) Xeon (R) CPU E5-2620 v2@2.10GHz
90 GB Memory
HDD:Intel SSD 750 Series PCIe AIC 1.2TB Internal SSD SSDPEDMW012T4R5
\

is this enough?

notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
February 17, 2016, 02:58:43 AM

This is so vague though.  We need to know your server specs just saying I have a server does not mean the same thing as there are HUGE differences in performance and price.   But you cannot generalize gear like a server, you have to put details.  Granted it likely will not pay cost of it... .but still you have to go into it.

motherboard: z9pe-d8 ws
CPU cores: 12CPUs x 2.107GHz
Processor Type: Intel(R) Xeon (R) CPU E5-2620 v2@2.10GHz
90 GB Memory
HDD:Intel SSD 750 Series PCIe AIC 1.2TB Internal SSD SSDPEDMW012T4R5
\

is this enough?

Yes that is more detailed by far.  I was not meaning to be rude just that there are HUGE differences in servers.  To say run a server..... is very generic.

You would need free electricity most likely and still not pay off server.  So I do agree with it not being profitable.  CPU/GPU day's are really over.  Some try to keep GPU going... but just not enough constant profit.
shintosai

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 17, 2016, 03:26:18 AM

I just wanna share my experience with mining using my new asus i7 third gen cpu with 940 nvidia gpu, it is really worthless getting only $.19 a day, or 5000-6000 satoshi for 24 hrs, it is just a waste of time electricity is more expensive than the amount of bitcoin that you can mine, i'm planning to join some legit mining pool instead and use my laptop to much more profitable thing..

-ck
Legendary

Activity: 4088
Merit: 1631

Ruu \o/

View Profile WWW
February 17, 2016, 03:48:56 AM

Original poster stopped posting on this thread a while ago, and it was a futile thread anyway. Locking it to prevent sig ad spammers from boosting their post count with more useless posts on a dead end topic.

Developer/maintainer for cgminer, ckpool/ckproxy, and the -ck kernel
2% Fee Solo mining at solo.ckpool.org
-ck
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: