Bitcoin Forum
March 15, 2024, 05:20:57 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 ... 482 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [∞ YH] solo.ckpool.org 2% fee solo mining USA/DE 255 blocks solved!  (Read 1514058 times)
-ck (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 4046
Merit: 1622

Ruu \o/

View Profile WWW
August 31, 2014, 01:58:10 AM
Last edit: April 01, 2020, 05:20:01 AM by -ck
Merited by 727miner (15), HagssFIN (5), philipma1957 (3), davis196 (1), hedgy73 (1), DaCryptoRaccoon (1)

http://solo.ckpool.org

No frills, no fuss 2% fee anonymous solo bitcoin mining for everyone

No registration required, no payment schemes no pool op wallets

Note that mining here means contributing to segwit activation since this is the logical choice for the bitcoin network moving forward. Bitcoin unlimited is a disruptive hostile fork that does not have bitcoin's best interest at heart and they do not have the expertise to maintain the network's health safely and securely.

Configuration:
Just point your miner to: stratum+tcp://solo.ckpool.org:3333 or port 443
Asicminer tube/prisma owners need to point to a special proxy at solo.ckpool.org:3335
If you use an incompatible rental service that refuses to work on port 3333 try port 4334

Set your username to your btcaddress with any or even no worker extension, and any password.
eg: cgminer -o stratum+tcp://solo.ckpool.org:3333 -u 1PKN98VN2z5gwSGZvGKS2bj8aADZBkyhkZ.0 -p x
If you enter an invalid address you will be rejected

Pick the server nearest you!
Server locations:
US Mid: mine to solo.ckpool.org:3333
Germany: mine to de.ckpool.org:3333
Mainland China ONLY:
    cnsolo.ckpool.org:3333
    cnsolo.ckpool.org:4334 For High Diff/Low bandwidth mining only.

Blocks solved:
https://btc.com/stats/pool/Solo%20CK

Suitable for:
    Large mining farms
    Regular miners struggling to recoup costs who wish to take extra risk for greater reward potential for part or all of their hashrate
    The last backup for all miners who don't have a solo setup or wish to avoid the overheads of running one
    Miners with old/inefficient miners that will never earn any rewards through regular mining that wish to leave it mining as a lottery

Proxy support:
Miners with many devices wishing to consolidate their devices into a single connection to solo ckpool are recommended to use the complementary ckpool code as ckproxy stratum proxy (for linux).
Ckpool code is available here: https://bitbucket.org/ckolivas/ckpool

Statistics:
Simple total pool statistics can be found at http://solo.ckpool.org/pool/
Solo.ckpool.org currently only displays minimal per user and per worker information based on btcaddress.
To access this, enter your BTC address at the end of: http://solo.ckpool.org/users/
or your workername at the end of: http://solo.ckpool.org/workers/

Advantages over regular solo mining:
Mining at solo.ckpool.org avoids the overheads of running a full bitcoin node that requires both great storage and bandwidth for optimal performance.
Solo.ckpool.org is extensively connected to high speed low latency bitcoin nodes for rapid block change notification and propagation.
Unlike regular pools, ckpool never mines transaction-free blocks due to its ultra-scaleable code which has miners on both new blocks and transactions concurrently.

How it works:
ckpool automatically takes your bitcoin address and gives you a unique stratum connection mining to your own address.
If you find a block, 98% of the block reward + transaction fees get generated directly at your bitcoin address!
There is no need to worry about passwords, logins, withdrawals, authentication or pool wallet hacks.
You remain anonymous apart from your btc address.
All you need to confirm you are mining to your own address is to examine the coinbase and template sent to you over stratum.
Note that if you do not find a block, you get no reward at all with solo mining.
2% goes to 1PKN98VN2z5gwSGZvGKS2bj8aADZBkyhkZ to operate the pool and contribute to further ckpool code development.

Pool code and pool operated and created by Con Kolivas, creator of cgminer and ckpool.

Developer/maintainer for cgminer, ckpool/ckproxy, and the -ck kernel
2% Fee Solo mining at solo.ckpool.org
-ck

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
-ck (OP)
Legendary

Ruu \o/

View Profile WWW
August 31, 2014, 02:05:15 AM

This pool is designed to fill a niche and be complementary to a comprehensive regular pooled mining solution currently under development with the ckpool code which will hopefully be able to open up to the public in the near future.

In addition to providing a unique service to miners, this pool is a technology development demonstration and testing ground for the massively scaleable ultra-low overhead  ckpool code under heavy development.  It is intentionally designed to be extremely low frill and minimally featured but provide maximum performance.

There are no configuration options and all miners will initially start out at diff 1024 but the pool offers full vardiff support from ultra low speed devices to any sized massive pooled solo farms. While shares have no intrinsic value at all with this solo mining, they provide useful feedback to miners wishing to monitor their performance locally.

Enjoy, and good luck!

-ck
DrG
Legendary

Activity: 2086
Merit: 1035

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 08:05:46 AM

It's about time you made a pool.  I've always felt you got too much sleep  Cheesy

I will be trying this out with an S1 I inherited yesterday Smiley
pmorris

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 10:02:30 AM

Having a chance to read a relatively compact yet complex and well structured bit of C is a great resource for beginners to learn from an expert. So thanks a lot for creating and open-sourcing the code.

Could you recommend a good resource to learn modern style, multi-threaded and safe C? I've got K&R but that doesn't have the paradigms and approaches that I think would actually be used these days - or should I just go to kernel.org and start reading Smiley

On the pool, it's great to give another option for miners to choose from. As smaller miners find that it's not economic to mine with low volatility, perhaps embracing the high volatility and having a lottery ticket option can give a good reason for some of these guys to keep going.

Good luck - I hope someone finds a block or two on the pool soon.
organofcorti
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1007

Poor impulse control.

View Profile WWW
August 31, 2014, 12:05:50 PM

How it works:
ckpool automatically takes your bitcoin address and gives you a unique stratum connection mining to your own address.
If you find a block, all 25BTC + transaction fees get generated directly at your bitcoin address!
There is no need to worry about passwords, logins, withdrawals, authentication or pool wallet hacks.
You remain anonymous apart from your btc address.
All you need to confirm you are mining to your own address is to examine the coinbase and template sent to you over stratum.
Note that if you do not find a block, you get no reward at all with solo mining.
0.5% goes to 1PKN98VN2z5gwSGZvGKS2bj8aADZBkyhkZ to operate the pool and contribute to further ckpool code development.

Pool code and pool operated and created by Con Kolivas, creator of cgminer and ckpool.

If all the coin ends up at the generation address, how is your fee address paid?

Bitcoin network and pool analysis 12QxPHEuxDrs7mCyGSx1iVSozTwtquDB3r
follow @oocBlog for new post notifications
-ck (OP)
Legendary

Ruu \o/

View Profile WWW
August 31, 2014, 12:40:56 PM

If all the coin ends up at the generation address, how is your fee address paid?
Not quite all.

99.5% goes to the first generation address, 0.5% goes to my address (also generated). Slightly unclear wording perhaps.

EDIT: Updated accordingly to clarify.

-ck
organofcorti
Donator
Legendary

Poor impulse control.

View Profile WWW
August 31, 2014, 12:45:04 PM

Not quite all.

99.5% goes to the first generation address, 0.5% goes to my address (also generated). Slightly unclear wording perhaps.

EDIT: Updated accordingly to clarify.

So it will be a two generation address split?

I was a bit unsure from what you wrote in the other thread. It's not important, except as it might affect me in tracking pools.

-ck (OP)
Legendary

Ruu \o/

View Profile WWW
August 31, 2014, 12:46:29 PM

Yes it will be. Here's a sample of what a ckpool blockfind looks like:

https://blockchain.info/tx/256afa96fd5566daf735b0b3d80f6eb21c0e6f4637e54274a690427ebeedfead

-ck
organofcorti
Donator
Legendary

Poor impulse control.

View Profile WWW
August 31, 2014, 12:49:06 PM

Yes it will be. Here's a sample of what a ckpool blockfind looks like:

https://blockchain.info/tx/256afa96fd5566daf735b0b3d80f6eb21c0e6f4637e54274a690427ebeedfead

Thanks Con.

-ck (OP)
Legendary

Ruu \o/

View Profile WWW
August 31, 2014, 09:10:49 PM

It's about time you made a pool.  I've always felt you got too much sleep  Cheesy

I will be trying this out with an S1 I inherited yesterday Smiley
Heh, I see you. It's fun watching connections and trying to guess what hardware people are running. Ah but you see I'm not that crazy. It's the features and support requests and explaining the payout scheme and luck ad nauseum that is the time consuming part of running a pool, and this has no features to support and no payout scheme to explain. There's also no wallet or database to hack or payouts to process.

-ck
-ck (OP)
Legendary

Ruu \o/

View Profile WWW
September 01, 2014, 08:23:18 AM

Having a chance to read a relatively compact yet complex and well structured bit of C is a great resource for beginners to learn from an expert. So thanks a lot for creating and open-sourcing the code.

Could you recommend a good resource to learn modern style, multi-threaded and safe C? I've got K&R but that doesn't have the paradigms and approaches that I think would actually be used these days - or should I just go to kernel.org and start reading Smiley

On the pool, it's great to give another option for miners to choose from. As smaller miners find that it's not economic to mine with low volatility, perhaps embracing the high volatility and having a lottery ticket option can give a good reason for some of these guys to keep going.

Good luck - I hope someone finds a block or two on the pool soon.
I don't think you can overestimate the value of K&R. It is deceptively simple in its explanations yet there is nothing old school about its programming advice. However I found nothing more valuable than grabbing existing well written code and modifying it and learning from that code. The kernel is tricky because programming on the kernel is a bastard, difficult to debug, and unforgiving unlike a userspace program, so probably not the best way to learn. There also are very few resources available to the kernel besides whatever is already written for it (libraries, floating point etc. are virtually non-existent). As for books, there's a wealth of recommendations out there, just google for best c programming books.

-ck
-ck (OP)
Legendary

Ruu \o/

View Profile WWW
September 01, 2014, 12:24:29 PM
Last edit: September 01, 2014, 02:40:21 PM by ckolivas

There will be a brief interruption to your connections for a minor update. ckpool hands the socket connection over from a running instance to a new one so most likely you will only get the message that the stratum connection was interrupted but be reconnected immediately instead of failing over to a backup pool. If you are watching your miners, what you will see is your difficulty will reset itself to the starting difficulty of 1024. If your hashrate is very large you will see your diff increase very rapidly to a more suitable difficulty, while if you are on a slow miner, difficulty will slowly drop to your base difficulty level. Once again, I'll point out that with solo mining, the difficulty and share value is purely cosmetic to aid monitoring of local hashrate since shares have no intrinsic value of their own.

Most likely most miners (there are ~10 now) will notice nothing apart from some rejected shares which of course means nothing here.

EDIT: Restarts complete. I ended up restarting it a few times to capture some other changes. Total per-user (in this case per bitcoin address) hashrate will be shown more accurately in the users/ subdirectory, and low hashrate miners will drop to a suitable vardiff more rapidly.

EDIT2: Added link to total pool statistics. Bear in mind that the pool's hashrate has absolutely no bearing on each miner's chance of finding a block and getting a reward.

-ck
RoadStress
Legendary

Activity: 1904

View Profile
September 01, 2014, 03:08:10 PM

Thank you for this pool ckolivas.

I would like to do some solo mining, but I need some help. Are you or organofcorti able to reply to this post of mine? https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=706991.msg8253623#msg8253623 I need to know some % of success before starting it.

-ck (OP)
Legendary

Ruu \o/

View Profile WWW
September 01, 2014, 03:18:18 PM

Thank you for this pool ckolivas.

I would like to do some solo mining, but I need some help. Are you or organofcorti able to reply to this post of mine? https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=706991.msg8253623#msg8253623 I need to know some % of success before starting it.
I can easily tell you the average number of blocks based on hashrate, but I can't offhand tell you the percentage chance of it being in either direction (OOC would be able to help you with this).  

Basically you need the current diff in hashes to find a block every 10 minutes. Which means you need the current diff / 600 in hashrate per second. The current diff is 27.4 billion. So you need 27,400,000,000(diff) * 2^32(noncerange) / 600(seconds) hashes per second to get a block every 10 minutes, or ~ 196PH. So then you scale accordingly to figure out how often your hashrate will on average find a block. 1/100th of 196PH will find a block every 10 * 100 minutes or every ~16.7hours.

-ck
RoadStress
Legendary

Activity: 1904

View Profile
September 01, 2014, 03:43:37 PM

Playing with numbers I got to this. Having ~2Th/s will produce one block every 2 years assuming the difficulty doesn't change.

-ck (OP)
Legendary

Ruu \o/

View Profile WWW
September 01, 2014, 03:52:25 PM

Playing with numbers I got to this. Having ~2Th/s will produce one block every 2 years assuming the difficulty doesn't change.
That's about right. Assuming no diff change, you will find a block on average every ~2 years with 2TH, though due to variance it could be in 1 second or it could be never. If you find a block, it's 25BTC in your wallet. If not, it's zero.

-ck
daddyfatsax

Activity: 857
Merit: 1000

Anger is a gift.

View Profile
September 01, 2014, 05:02:22 PM
Last edit: September 01, 2014, 06:06:22 PM by daddyfatsax

Should I change any of the scan, expiry, or queue settings? I am not getting any rejects on my Jupiter, but the queue is set to 9999.

Edit: Naturally, my freidcat tube will not work. They really gotta fix that stupid controller.
-ck (OP)
Legendary

Ruu \o/

View Profile WWW
September 01, 2014, 10:29:21 PM

Should I change any of the scan, expiry, or queue settings? I am not getting any rejects on my Jupiter, but the queue is set to 9999.

Edit: Naturally, my freidcat tube will not work. They really gotta fix that stupid controller.
Default settings are usually best unless the manufacturer has modified them as in the S3 case.

Tubes of course don't work properly, so I've added another server instance especially for tubes at solo.ckpool.org:3334 . Try that, though your user statistics for that server won't be visible at the moment.

-ck
daddyfatsax

Activity: 857
Merit: 1000

Anger is a gift.

View Profile
September 01, 2014, 10:39:05 PM

Default settings are usually best unless the manufacturer has modified them as in the S3 case.

Tubes of course don't work properly, so I've added another server instance especially for tubes at solo.ckpool.org:3334 . Try that, though your user statistics for that server won't be visible at the moment.

I have the tube pointed there now. Looks to be working fine.

Thanks for the response.
-ck (OP)
Legendary

Ruu \o/

View Profile WWW
September 02, 2014, 05:30:22 AM

There will be another small blip for an update. The only thing you may notice is stats resetting. I've also added port 443 mining.

EDIT: Completed.

-ck
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 ... 482 »
  Print  

Jump to: