Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 07:16:01 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: ::: Ideas for Logo Contest Needed ::: Let me know what you think :::  (Read 386 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Operatr (OP)

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

www.DonateMedia.org

View Profile WWW
December 21, 2015, 02:32:53 AM

Hey guys and gals on the bitcointalk forum.

A good friend of mine is about to get a new non-profit going and I want to get him some very cool ideas for his logo and decided to run a LOGO CONTEST here in the Forum in exchange for some BTC. So my questions are these:

How much of a TOP PRIZE would you recommend for a good logo contest to be successful?

How long should it run?

Should I require a minimum # of entrants? If so how many?

I want the contest to be fun and rewarding to everyone involved, and am just looking for ideas at the moment. I could of course go to Fiverr. upwork, etc... But I think a competitive contest could bring out some really amazing ideas in the process of the contest.

Custom Work would be a MUST too, no clipart or google image crap ...lol

So let me know what you guys thing would be a fair and cool contest to run for a custom & creative logo design.

Thanks OP

Xboxthreefixme

Activity: 905

The one true king.

View Profile
December 21, 2015, 02:58:06 AM

We would be up for this!

Also If they need anything else please contact us Smiley we work with a couple non profits now.

The one true king. 16wXmFwun1oQfvbgnQn19vQC6QEwKAFMr2
foxkyu

Activity: 938

View Profile
December 21, 2015, 03:00:30 AM

How much of a TOP PRIZE would you recommend for a good logo contest to be successful?

How long should it run?

-- 0.2 for the first winner, 0.1 for the second winner, and 0.05 for the third winner. For all participant get 0.002

-- I think one week is ideal, but if need more time then give additional 3 days.

-- I think the best if no minimum entrants. But require only full member above to join the contest.
Operatr (OP)

Activity: 798

www.DonateMedia.org

View Profile WWW
December 21, 2015, 05:02:40 AM

I definitely hadn't thought about the spam possibility.
So a recent activity and/or minimum member level will be a must.
Thanks for the feedback so far, keep it coming. 

Joel_Jantsen
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1308

Get your game girl

View Profile
December 21, 2015, 06:12:30 AM

In my opinion ,

The entry should be limited to Jr members ++
The first 20 participants should get 0.01 btc each (ofcourse quality logos and not copy paste bs)
There should be top three entries for which first winner should get 0.15 ,second goes 0.10 and third 0.05  btc's.
erikalui
Legendary

Activity: 2632
Merit: 1094

View Profile WWW
December 21, 2015, 02:46:18 PM

For a logo contest, 0.1 BTC for the first winner and 0.05 for the second winner will be enough for it to be successful. If you want to reward the other valid entries with BTC, you can make it 0.001 for the first 20 entrants which would encourage more participation.

As you want to include members with a particular rank and reward the entrants, you can specify each rank's reward depending on their quality and originality.

How long should it run?

It can run for max 2 weeks as the time frame is enough to get good entries.

You can specify the minimum number of entrants as 10 and as I specified above, you can have rewards for entrants as well.

aizzaku
Legendary

Activity: 1146
Merit: 1006

View Profile
December 21, 2015, 03:21:44 PM

As a graphics designer i will be honest with you

firstly, the prize u set will determine the amount of time people spend on making the logo, more the amount more the quality of logo.
nevertheless setting it too high won't be good since your friend is starting a non-profit organization. everyone should respect the fact that he is still paying for the logo.

Secondly, the time given should be atleast a week since not everyone check forums everyday let alone the service section. and more important .. digitializing a logo is matter of few hours max.. but thinking of an idea or design for the perfect logo takes time.

Lastly, dont limit the entrants. its not necessary to pay everyoe who entered. let them decide if they want to enter or not.
You will have a lot of design to choose from.

Keeping 1st 2nd 3rd prize is good to hear for the contestants.. but in the end the logo to be registered is going to be only one. so its upto you if u want to give runner ups anything or just the winner.

$50-$100 would be more than generous for a very good professional logo with unlimited revisions from the designer.

BlockchainGaming A PARADIGM SHIFT IN THE GAMING INDUSTRY
Website | Blog | Forum | Wiki | Events | Marketplace (coming soon)
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: