Bitcoin Forum
July 11, 2024, 08:19:54 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Multiple Injuries as Car Drives Into Pedestrians on Las Vegas Strip  (Read 596 times)
galdur (OP)

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 21, 2015, 04:04:13 AM

An undetermined number of people were injured Sunday night when a driver plowed into pedestrians on a crowded Las Vegas sidewalk in what police described as a "major accident."

South Las Vegas Boulevard — the famous Strip — was closed in both directions along a stretch that is home to the Bellagio and Paris Las Vegas hotels and to Planet Hollywood, where the Miss Universe pageant was just ending, Las Vegas police said.

Danita Cohen, a spokeswoman for University Medical Center, confirmed that the hospital had received several patients. She told NBC News she had no further details.

A witness, Sofie Kitterød, said she saw 10 people being taken away in ambulances.

"What we've heard is that a car drove up on the sidewalk by Planet Hollywood and continued past Paris Hotel," Kitterød said. "There are many ambulances on both sites."

NBC

Wilikon
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
December 21, 2015, 04:28:46 AM

An undetermined number of people were injured Sunday night when a driver plowed into pedestrians on a crowded Las Vegas sidewalk in what police described as a "major accident."

South Las Vegas Boulevard — the famous Strip — was closed in both directions along a stretch that is home to the Bellagio and Paris Las Vegas hotels and to Planet Hollywood, where the Miss Universe pageant was just ending, Las Vegas police said.

Danita Cohen, a spokeswoman for University Medical Center, confirmed that the hospital had received several patients. She told NBC News she had no further details.

A witness, Sofie Kitterød, said she saw 10 people being taken away in ambulances.

"What we've heard is that a car drove up on the sidewalk by Planet Hollywood and continued past Paris Hotel," Kitterød said. "There are many ambulances on both sites."

NBC

... Or crazy drivers plowing people of a sidewalk...

galdur (OP)

View Profile
December 21, 2015, 04:32:29 AM

Sounds like a homicidal maniac...Some retarded police there are calling it an accident.

"Everyone was running ... and as I was running, I saw a car up on the sidewalk coming to toward us," a witness told CNN affiliate KLAS. "I saw a lady, she didn't seem like she wanted to stop the car, she had both hands on her wheel."

The witness said people tried to stop the driver.

"I saw men running after her, yelling, 'stop, stop!' As she was passing, we saw people running after her. Everyone was so frantic and just running around."

Wilikon
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
December 21, 2015, 04:56:59 AM

Sounds like a homicidal maniac...Some retarded police there are calling it an accident.

"Everyone was running ... and as I was running, I saw a car up on the sidewalk coming to toward us," a witness told CNN affiliate KLAS. "I saw a lady, she didn't seem like she wanted to stop the car, she had both hands on her wheel."

"I saw men running after her, yelling, 'stop, stop!' As she was passing, we saw people running after her. Everyone was so frantic and just running around."

Let's wait for the full name of the driver. If the full name is not released because of "an on going investigation blabla" then...

galdur (OP)

View Profile
December 21, 2015, 05:08:47 AM

Well, one thing is for sure; since this took place on the sidewalk in front of Planet Hollywood, odds seem to be about zero that this maniac was trying to terrorize the beauty contest being held there. Which is mighty reassuring of course. The less terrorism that is defined, the better.

galdur (OP)

View Profile
December 21, 2015, 05:23:23 AM

Las Vegas, NV (KTNV) - The Las Vegas Strip was blocked off Sunday evening due to a multiple injury vehicle versus pedestrian crash.

Police said the crash occurred on Las Vegas Boulevard north of Harmon Avenue around 6:40 p.m.

Police confirmed that 1 person is dead, 7 critical and 26 more injured in the crash. Four additional people were treated and released....

----------------------------------------

Multiple injury vehicle versus pedestrian crash (on a freakin sidewalk). How´s that for politically correct reporting.

TECSHARE
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 3318
Merit: 1958

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
December 21, 2015, 05:33:58 AM

Perhaps it is another central banker let loose on Vegas. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GnR2ysyaoH4
galdur (OP)

View Profile
December 21, 2015, 06:57:43 AM

One witness, Los Angeles resident Michal Jackson, said the car was initially driving slowly on the sidewalk, and someone tried to get it to stop. Jackson said the car sped up when it reached a group of people.

"It accelerated, and it just plowed through the group of people, and we were in shock," said Jackson. "and then it kind of hopped off the curb, and there was a lady that was stuck under the car, and when it hopped back on the curb, she was laying between the curb and the street, and she wasn't moving at all."

galdur (OP)

View Profile
December 21, 2015, 08:34:13 PM

Well, this is just too weird. ...

A 24-year-old Oregon woman has been identified as the driver accused of striking dozens of pedestrians, killing one, Sunday night on the Las Vegas Strip, The Oregonian reports. ....

One witness, who worked at a nearby Mexican restaurant, told a KTNV reporter that the driver veered onto the sidewalk, hit a few people, then left the sidewalk. She then sped up and returned to the sidewalk, hitting even more people ....

During a press conference led by Lombardo, officials said that Holloway repeatedly drove her car over pedestrian. Some people even jumped on her car and banged on it trying to get her to stop, but she wouldn’t. The victims included people from Quebec, Oregon, Colorado, Florida, Washington, California, and Mexico, officials said. ....

She Posted a Photo of the Area Where the Crash Occurred to Her Facebook Page in 2012 ....  cover picture ....

In a press conference today at noon led by Metro Sheriff Joe Lombardo, officials said that Holloway did tell them why she ran down the pedestrians, but because the investigation is ongoing they aren’t comfortable releasing the information to the public yet. He said that she was “very stoic” at the time of the event and “she didn’t appear to be distressed due to her actions.” No alcohol was found in her system, although she may have been taking some type of stimulant, ....

http://heavy.com/news/2015/12/lakeisha-holloway-driver-who-hit-pedestrians-las-vegas-strip-name-killed-injured-deaths-drunk-charges-child-oregon-planet-hollywood-paris-hotel/

Wilikon
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
December 21, 2015, 08:47:21 PM

Let's wait for the full name of the driver. If the full name is not released because of "an on going investigation blabla" then...

In a press conference today at noon led by Metro Sheriff Joe Lombardo, officials said that Holloway did tell them why she ran down the pedestrians, but because the investigation is ongoing they aren’t comfortable releasing the information to the public yet.

--------------------------
#blacklivesmatter ?

galdur (OP)

View Profile
December 21, 2015, 08:56:47 PM
Last edit: December 21, 2015, 10:06:29 PM by galdur

Yeah well, they´ll want to play it down as much as they can both for the interests of the Vegas tourist industry and on a larger scale this is after all taking place as the climax of the traditional year´s greatest consuming orgy, the holiest of holies of all mongering, draws near. So, generally motivation, stamina, and most importantly morale must stay up at all costs.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: