Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 06:59:48 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Free Ebay  (Read 1154 times)
royalecraig (OP)

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
June 07, 2011, 11:26:37 AM

I have an EBAY account, but never sell there anymore because I think mostly it's a rip off, there are so many charges etc by them and by the Taxation authorities I decided it wasn't worth it.
A company the size of Ebay ought to be run purely on advertising. It ought to be a service for humanity or could be run on that basis rather than purely on the basis of profit first and foremost.
Obviously you can't give away things like cars or jumbo jets but there ought to be things for Free in this world too, TV, Internet, Mobile Phones could be run on Advertising along the lines of, every call you make you receive 1 money off voucher from Asda / Walmart so that ultimately Asda / Walmart are funding the project but benefitting from it in extra sales.
Smilarly with TV Access and Internet could be Free, IE run on Advertising, or not, people could have the option, Free mobile phone calls or Internet, TV etc.
Taking CD's and DVD's as another example, I'm all for talented actors and artistes getting rewarded, but the revenue from CD and DVD sales goes mostly to the Executives, Studio bosses etc.
DVD films are in my opinion vastly over priced and only encourage pirating because of it.
What if a DVD film, or Music CD only cost say $1 but contained advertising as well, money of vouchers etc, in effect they could actually say, yes, please feel free to Copy this DVD or CD, you're putting our Ads in front of more people so the Artiste still gets paid.
The crime being if someone copies a DVD but takes out the Ads, but the Advertising culd be done so that it would be difficult, in the case of a Film, by using product placement.
There is nothing intrinsically wrong with advertising.
So, my suggestion would be, how can Bit coin and other entrepreneurs get involved and bring down the money money money attitude that seems all pervasive in society that I think in many ways is counterproductive, whilst still ensuring real talent is rewarded, perhaps by having a minimal price from CD's, DVDs etc but backed up by advertising.
EG we have to charge higher prices to cover our losses from Pirating, well why not think outside the Box.
How about setting up a company that produced Music DVDs for up and coming bands that were minimal cost, maybe even free to the public but carried advertising from other companies, maybe a Bitcoin Trading Company, or Loan co, or Shop or.......
Like I said, you can't give away Jumbo Jets, or Cars but things like a mobile tel call, or even a A Song, maybe you can.

Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Beau

Activity: 3

View Profile
June 07, 2011, 12:30:10 PM

Yes eBay could be run off the money they make from ads but why would they? As you said they have a MONEY MONEY MONEY attitude and they are a BUSINESS who's goal is to make money. Whether this is the right attitude or not is up to each person to decide.

Onto your idea of producing Music DVD's/CD's for small bands/artists. You may want to look into CPA (cost per action) networks. You give someone a link to an ad and they have to fill in a small amount of information and you get paid every time someone completes the form (the amount you get depends on how much information is needed but the low end offer that need an email normally give a few dollars). Once they have filled in the form they could unlock the song (look into cpa content locking or cpa gateway). You could take a % of the money to keep the site going and give the rest to the artists.

You might want to look on MySpace (yes, it still exists) for music artists.

If you want to ship a physical DVD you may want to look at http://www.kunaki.com/. Although this way might require either bigger CPA's or a small fee to cover manufacturing and shipping.

Feel free to message me.
J180

Activity: 121
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 08, 2011, 05:49:04 AM

Someone has set up an ebay-style site http://bitcoinhop.com/index.php
royalecraig (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 08, 2011, 03:37:08 PM

Ah, thanks for reminding me I had opened up an account there when I found out about bitcoin,
just set up my first auction.

http://bitcoinhop.com/auction_details.php?name=911-DVD&auction_id=100238
royalecraig (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 10, 2011, 06:59:58 AM

Also found http://www.bitcoinclassifieds.net/   Free Auction Site

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: