Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 05:05:55 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: What's wrong with my account,Is it a bug?  (Read 873 times)
btvGainer (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 854
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
December 21, 2015, 08:05:22 PM

There seems to be some serious problem with my account.I get email notification of new pm which includes the message also.I visit my account to reply the pm but when I check my inbox,the pm is nowhere to find.This has happened to me second time and I have the email of both pm's notifications.
Is it any kind of bug or has someone hacked into my account and reading my pm and delete them before I get login? Has anyone else also experiencing similar problem or is it just me?What should I do ?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BARR_Official

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
December 21, 2015, 08:10:44 PM

Change your password.

Buying At Retail and Restaurants - BarrCryptocurrency.com
btvGainer (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 21, 2015, 08:17:40 PM

Change your password.

Why should I if it is a bug?
tarsua

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 21, 2015, 08:19:09 PM

Maybe its not a bug but maybe its you getting two messages and only one is on the last message page, it happens to me quite alot
btvGainer (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 24, 2015, 10:59:42 PM

Maybe its not a bug but maybe its you getting two messages and only one is on the last message page, it happens to me quite alot
I just checked that not only have I problem in receiving pm but also in sending them.I tried to send a pm to a member but it wasn't showing in my outbox. I assume it is because the pm wasn't sent.I dont know why is this happening I checked my pm settings but everything is ok there
mexxer-2

Activity: 924
Merit: 1003

4 Mana 7/7

View Profile
December 24, 2015, 11:12:02 PM

Are you able/willing to give the control of your account to a trusted member to check this?
Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2870
Merit: 2298

View Profile
December 25, 2015, 02:44:38 AM

Are you able/willing to give the control of your account to a trusted member to check this?
Why would they need to do this? The email should say who the PM is from and it shouldn't be difficult for theymos to check if whoever is on the email sent the OP a PM as long as the sender has not deleted the PM from their outbox.

Although it is possible the email is a phishing message attempting to get the OP to login to a fake site.
Blue_Tiger73

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 25, 2015, 05:15:09 AM

I just checked that not only have I problem in receiving pm but also in sending them.I tried to send a pm to a member but it wasn't showing in my outbox. I assume it is because the pm wasn't sent.I dont know why is this happening I checked my pm settings but everything is ok there

Then it is probably just a big with your account. I don't experience this issue with my account. You should ask one of the mods. PM them with another account.
electronicash
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1049

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile WWW
December 25, 2015, 05:22:41 AM

let me pm you if you dont recieve am email, it must be a big bug. probably not just a bug but a rat.  Grin

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
btvGainer (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 25, 2015, 02:38:51 PM

Why would they need to do this? The email should say who the PM is from and it shouldn't be difficult for theymos to check if whoever is on the email sent the OP a PM as long as the sender has not deleted the PM from their outbox.

Although it is possible the email is a phishing message attempting to get the OP to login to a fake site.
it cant be phishing because when i login here my messages show 1 unread pm but when i click "My Messages" i just see old pms and no new pm.Can someone please send me a new pm to me right now so that i can show it with screenshots
btvGainer (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 25, 2015, 03:31:14 PM

I got a pm.In first screenshot you can see that it shows 1 new pm

and here when i click My Messages to see that pm,there is no new pm just old pms

mexxer-2

Merit: 1003

4 Mana 7/7

View Profile
December 25, 2015, 03:35:09 PM

I got a pm.In first screenshot you can see that it shows 1 new pm
-snip-

Something similar happened to me as well, but for me I did see the PM but the "Messages 1" thing didn't go away at all, even when I refreshed the Inbox couple of times, after about a week or so it went away.
P.S: That PM was from me
Why would they need to do this?
To figure out OP's problem. I for one, believe his account might be hacked/his computer has a malware
btvGainer (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 25, 2015, 03:40:26 PM

Thanks for pm.No i dont thhink my account has been hacked because i was constantly online when you sent the message and i take all those screenshots staying online during this time also the only problem is with my messages everything else is working fine.I dont think there is a problem with my computer either because i when I login from my mobile same thing happen
Nauro

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 25, 2015, 09:21:44 PM

clear cookies, reset password, and try to contact owner with signed message if none works
Wapinter
Legendary

Activity: 2632
Merit: 1026

Hire me for Bounty Management

View Profile
December 26, 2015, 11:09:56 PM

let me pm you if you dont recieve am email, it must be a big bug. probably not just a bug but a rat.  Grin
Are you here to make fun of others problems? if you can't help,just dont post.It is not done thing mate.

--Encrypted--
Copper Member
Legendary

Merit: 1007

hee-ho.

View Profile
December 26, 2015, 11:15:53 PM

is it like this?

I have a blank label that I can not delete. This label is making me have a [1] after messages - how can I get rid of this? I have never used labels before and the [1] is driving me nuts!

it's supposed to be fixed already but if it is you should PM theymos.

didn't see your screenshot above. sorry. well, you should ask theymos anyway as he might be the only one who can fix it.
hexitor

Activity: 160
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 27, 2015, 12:19:54 AM

There seems to be some serious problem with my account.I get email notification of new pm which includes the message also.I visit my account to reply the pm but when I check my inbox,the pm is nowhere to find.This has happened to me second time and I have the email of both pm's notifications.
Is it any kind of bug or has someone hacked into my account and reading my pm and delete them before I get login? Has anyone else also experiencing similar problem or is it just me?What should I do ?

Your account might be compromised... Check your security.

MyBTT

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 27, 2015, 07:26:00 AM

Change your password.

You just have to try different things. We are giving you ideas on what to do. I think it is just a bug with your account.

▄████▄
         ▄████████▄
       ▄████████████▄
     ▄████████████████▄
    ████████████████████      ▄█▄                 ▄███▄                 ▄███▄                 ▄████████████████▀   ▄██████████

▄▄▄▀█████▀▄▄▄▄▀█████▀▄▄▄     ▀██▄             ▄██▀ ▀██▄             ▄██▀ ▀██▄             ▄██▀                   ██
▄█████▄▀▀▀▄██████▄▀▀▀▄█████▄     ▀██▄         ▄██▀     ▀██▄         ▄██▀     ▀██▄         ▄██▀        ▄█▄          ▀██████████████▄
████████████████████████████       ▀██▄     ▄██▀         ▀██▄     ▄██▀         ▀██▄     ▄██▀          ▀█▀                        ██
 ▀████████████████████████▀          ▀██▄ ▄██▀             ▀██▄ ▄██▀     ▄█▄     ▀██▄ ▄██▀                                       ██
   ▀████████████████████▀              ▀███▀                 ▀███▀       ▀█▀       ▀███▀      ▄███████████████████████████████████▀
     ▀████████████████▀
       ▀████████████▀
         ▀████████▀
           ▀████▀
║║

║║

║║
██
║║

║║
██
║║
║║

║║
btvGainer (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 27, 2015, 10:09:38 PM

Change your password.

You just have to try different things. We are giving you ideas on what to do. I think it is just a bug with your account.
Check the screnshots I posted above.It is clear that my account has not been hacked as I was online when I got that pm but when I click on MY MASSAGES link I dont see any new pm.It is certainly a bug but it can't be related to my account only.if it is a bug,it should affect more members
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: