Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 02:42:18 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: I need advice on best Bitcoin wallet to replace Coinbase  (Read 3019 times)
Alex Adams (OP)

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 21, 2015, 10:15:59 PM

Greetings!

I work at a small nonprofit in Berkeley, CA. We have happily used Coinbase to collect donations for a couple of years now. Suddenly, Coinbase closed our account, seemingly because we are a business and not an individual. I'm not 100% clear on why, but it seems to do with new legal regulations. Anyway, the point is that we need to choose a new Bitcoin wallet, and I need advice on which one to go with.

What I liked about Coinbase: 1) Their system let me easily generate a button so that I could add a Bitcoin payments button to our donations page, 2) Coinbase would convert anything in our account into dollars and do an automatic bank transfer at midnight every day, 3) there were handy reports so that I could keep track of transactions.

Our needs are simple, as you can see. If anybody has tips about a Bitcoin wallet that works like Coinbase, or is better buts still pretty easy to use, I would love to hear from you. The most important features are the ones I posted above.

Thanks!!!!!
Decoded
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1030

give me your cryptos

View Profile
December 21, 2015, 10:36:10 PM

Blockchain.info

If you want to automate it, you can easily utilize their API.
Like coinbase, there's an easy way to make a new address.
Maybe not as eye-catching, but the site has more info on hand, like charts and a block explorer.

looking for a signature campaign, dm me for that
StevenS

Activity: 206
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 21, 2015, 10:41:28 PM

You are describing a Bitcoin transaction processor, not a wallet.
The most popular one is BitPay.com. You might want to give them a try.
asa.convex

Activity: 134

View Profile
December 21, 2015, 10:42:50 PM

Greetings!

I work at a small nonprofit in Berkeley, CA. We have happily used Coinbase to collect donations for a couple of years now. Suddenly, Coinbase closed our account, seemingly because we are a business and not an individual. I'm not 100% clear on why, but it seems to do with new legal regulations. Anyway, the point is that we need to choose a new Bitcoin wallet, and I need advice on which one to go with.

What I liked about Coinbase: 1) Their system let me easily generate a button so that I could add a Bitcoin payments button to our donations page, 2) Coinbase would convert anything in our account into dollars and do an automatic bank transfer at midnight every day, 3) there were handy reports so that I could keep track of transactions.

Our needs are simple, as you can see. If anybody has tips about a Bitcoin wallet that works like Coinbase, or is better buts still pretty easy to use, I would love to hear from you. The most important features are the ones I posted above.

Thanks!!!!!

Bitty is probably your best solution... It does exactly the same thing as what you wanted above.

unamis76
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1009

View Profile
December 21, 2015, 10:55:47 PM

You'd probably be better off adopting Bitpay or Electrum (there's a way to integrate it on a website)
countryfree
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1047

Your country may be your worst enemy

View Profile
December 21, 2015, 11:34:05 PM

I advise not to replace coinbase with a single similar system. Get your own wallet with bitcoin core, publish the address on your website, and then use an exchange (possibly coinbase again), manually, to convert the BTC you'll get in fiat when you'll want it. I believe it will be the cheaper option.

I used to be a citizen and a taxpayer. Those days are long gone.
Duomo

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 21, 2015, 11:49:41 PM

You should have a personal wallet that you keep all your donations or funds in that are linked to your website. Preferably, you will receive all your funds in this wallet correlated to a specific address. Instead, you would have full possession and control over your bitcoins. Then you should convert your bitcoins into fiat using an exchange like Coinbase or Gemini as previously stated. I'm sure there is definitely an area where Coinbase would preferably rather deal with single individuals than businesses that are incorporated like yourself just to keep things simpler from a legal and financial aspect. This is probably why they closed your account.
Meuh6879
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1011

View Profile
December 21, 2015, 11:55:43 PM

1) use android bitcoin wallet.
2) generate new adress every week
3) generate QR-Code : http://www.qr-code-generator.com/

simple.

no neek 3rd party.

no need virtual wallet or enterprise.

it's Bitcoin !
vilain

Activity: 126

View Profile
December 22, 2015, 01:47:23 AM

Greetings!

Thanks!!!!!

I would go with Armory. It's the most secure on the market. Take a look!
7788bitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1023

View Profile
December 22, 2015, 03:36:49 AM

The only benefit with Coinbase is that there is no fee for (almost) all transaction. However, they hold the private keys (for you) so that's the disadvantage and they can shut your account down anytime based on their "reasons".
Proxiebuier

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 22, 2015, 03:42:36 AM

Greetings!

Thanks!!!!!

i think you can use bitpay api, it's generating new address and convert your bitcoin to USD then bitpya send the usd to your account

learn more about bitpay api at here https://bitpay.com/docs/
HardcoreSuperstar

Activity: 238

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
December 22, 2015, 03:44:58 AM

Blockchain.info

I use Coinbase to buy but immediately transfer it over to Blockchain due to the flexibility they have.

Coinbase is strict when it comes to their t.o.s.  i.e. no gambling and such

Amadora

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 22, 2015, 03:50:12 AM

Try to use mycelium on mobile abd blockchain they are both better when it comes services
MTBTT

Activity: 504

View Profile
December 22, 2015, 04:33:50 AM

Greetings!

Thanks!!!!!

Bitpay, Coinify, Bitpos and Coinbox were found during a quick Google search of "Accept bitcoin payments".

You should really have googled it up before asking a question here.
vodaljepa

Activity: 658

View Profile
December 22, 2015, 04:34:55 AM

I use electrum and have no problems with it

Hottest Girls On Webcam Naked - Naughty Cams
youdamushi

Activity: 392

View Profile
December 22, 2015, 04:37:27 AM

I'm using multibit wallet, it works fine without any problem. show your wallet balance in $ too using current market price. give it a try

PARADICE.io

KOZO

Activity: 143

LET'S MINING, EARN & LIVE WITH IT. JOIN ME

View Profile
December 22, 2015, 04:46:59 AM

I use electrum and have no problems with it

I heard about electrum. can you teach me how to open a wallet with it. thanks
Funny

Activity: 343

Bonus Claim Url: http://betonline.wager.bz

View Profile WWW
December 22, 2015, 04:48:15 AM

Greetings!

Thanks!!!!!

Bitpay I think is the leading company in this field you're talking about(Converting BTC into fiat instantly). So why not try them out.

enhu
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1018

View Profile
December 22, 2015, 04:49:13 AM

You are in an organization I believe you're not just the only who want to have access to these funds so BITPAY can be your best option so that those trusted members of the organization can access anywhere so long as they have the application installed. BITPAY is legit and has been used by businesses online.

██████████ BitcoinCleanUp.comDebunking Bitcoin's Energy Use ██████████
██████████                Twitter#EndTheFUD                 ██████████
lumeire
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1009

Next-Gen Trade Racing Metaverse

View Profile
December 22, 2015, 05:18:37 AM

You are in an organization I believe you're not just the only who want to have access to these funds so BITPAY can be your best option so that those trusted members of the organization can access anywhere so long as they have the application installed. BITPAY is legit and has been used by businesses online.

True, I think your account with CoinBase was closed because you didn't apply probably as an organization. You can probably open a new CoinBase account provided that you address the details appropriately (as an organization) or go for more liberal alternatives mentioned above. Personally, I'd go for a BlockChain wallet.

▄▄████████▄▄           ▄▄████████▄▄
    ▄▄████████████████▄▄   ▄▄████████████████▄▄
  ▄███████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████  ▄███████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████▄
 ▄█████▀            ▀█  ▄█████▀            ▀█████▄
▄█████▀                ▄█████▀    ▄▄        ▀█████▄
█████▌                 █████▌     ████▄▄     ▐█████
█████▌                 █████▌     ████▀▀     ▐█████
▀█████▄      ▄▄▄      █████▀      ▀▀        ▄█████▀
 ▀█████▄▄   █████    █████▀  █▄            ▄█████▀
  ▀██████████████ ██████▀▀  █████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████▀
    ▀▀███████████ ████▀    ▀▀████████████████▀▀
        ▀▀███████ ▀▀           ▀▀████████▀▀