Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 04:28:32 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Industrial Miners and ROI Question  (Read 476 times)
tokeweed (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3934
Merit: 1405

Life, Love and Laughter...

View Profile
December 22, 2015, 12:42:22 AM

I'm writing a paper on Bitcoin mining/cloud hashing and came across this comment.  I was wondering what others think about this.   I would also like to know more about the sustainability and profitability of industrial Bitcoin miners from all of you.

Thanks.

i think the majority already roied on their old equipments, they are there since many years already

a random chinese farm with 100 peta spent something like, what...100k btc?(5 btc 1 antminer s7 x 20k s7(100peta/5tera)), but they can produce 500 btc daily x 365 = 180k btc...

this mean that any farm running s7 can pay their equipment in 6 months, and then every new added asic can be payed in no time, they only need to face the electricity bills at present

this electricity bills is ridiculous low, because the ratio between the earning and consumption for 1 s7 is 8:1(8 in earning 1 in consumption), $360/$45(monthly) at 0.05 cent per hour

maintenance cost can be done by some 2-3 guys, once in a months, i don't see a big problem with it, it would not increase the overall cost by much, probably peanuts

if you give $1k a month to one chinese guy, i'm sure he can clean you 1k machine in one day...

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 22, 2015, 04:44:58 AM

I'm writing a paper on Bitcoin mining/cloud hashing and came across this comment.  I was wondering what others think about this.   I would also like to know more about the sustainability and profitability of industrial Bitcoin miners from all of you.

Thanks.

i think the majority already roied on their old equipments, they are there since many years already

a random chinese farm with 100 peta spent something like, what...100k btc?(5 btc 1 antminer s7 x 20k s7(100peta/5tera)), but they can produce 500 btc daily x 365 = 180k btc...

this mean that any farm running s7 can pay their equipment in 6 months, and then every new added asic can be payed in no time, they only need to face the electricity bills at present

this electricity bills is ridiculous low, because the ratio between the earning and consumption for 1 s7 is 8:1(8 in earning 1 in consumption), $360/$45(monthly) at 0.05 cent per hour

maintenance cost can be done by some 2-3 guys, once in a months, i don't see a big problem with it, it would not increase the overall cost by much, probably peanuts

if you give $1k a month to one chinese guy, i'm sure he can clean you 1k machine in one day...

Honestly most industrial operations are not open books.  So you can speculate but I don't think you will get accurate industrial average.  Your goal is as cheap as possible... but not to tell all competition what your getting.  Open companies are few and far between.  How big are you talking? Spoondolies is biggest one I can think of that since merging with a company has a lot of financial data out.

On other one your talking about Industrial in China... again not open book at all.  So you will be able to speculate, but I don't think you will find one with open books.
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
December 22, 2015, 07:37:58 AM

try to ask eric here https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1072474.0

he seems the one that can give you this kind of answer more accurately
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: