Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 10:54:11 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Brunei bans Christmas celebrations in public  (Read 690 times)
nichu (OP)

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 22, 2015, 09:11:15 AM

Oil-rich Brunei has banned public celebrations of Christmas, including sending festive greetings and the wearing of Santa Claus hats.

Muslims seen celebrating Christmas and non-Muslims found to be organising celebrations could face up to five years jail.

However the country's non-Muslims, who comprise 32 per cent of the 420,000 population, can celebrate Christmas in their own communities on the condition that the celebrations are not disclosed to Muslims.

i really feel sad and pity for people of brunei. this is how dictatorship rule can make. a five year jail term just for celebrating christmas ,i really cannot believe it. i just checked the serious crime rate and thats not even low . i can laugh about it hearing about this because i am not living over their. i would like to hear from someone living from brunei about the situation and the normal life style over their
Snail2
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 22, 2015, 11:36:49 AM

Well, and then they are upset and feel insulted when some western countries banned some of the muslim garments. However we didn't touched their religious customs. The Christian churches are silent I guess.
Vika NSFW

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
December 22, 2015, 01:24:50 PM

A good idea.

bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3668
Merit: 1217

View Profile
December 22, 2015, 03:13:46 PM

Brunei is in many ways similar to the ISIS and the Saudi Arabia. They have shitloads of money, which they made from selling the crude oil. And they spend all this money on women and drugs, rather than investing them in education or culture. The Sultan of Brunei is apparently maintaining a harem of more than 1,000 women, mostly from Europe and South-east Asia.
vero

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 22, 2015, 03:53:48 PM

Muslims are totally intolerant of Christian beliefs and would prefer infidels to be wiped off the face of the earth. Amd yet we are supposed to bow to their every demand in Britain. Wake up people!! Islam is destroying our country!!!

nichu (OP)

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 23, 2015, 03:36:55 AM

Well, and then they are upset and feel insulted when some western countries banned some of the muslim garments. However we didn't touched their religious customs. The Christian churches are silent I guess.

those laws were meant to protect people from the threat they are facing and not against a religion. In the era of face recognition u need a face to identify individuals. with a veil anyone can bypass that, so in order to counter this issue only those laws are passed

Brunei is in many ways similar to the ISIS and the Saudi Arabia. They have shitloads of money, which they made from selling the crude oil. And they spend all this money on women and drugs, rather than investing them in education or culture. The Sultan of Brunei is apparently maintaining a harem of more than 1,000 women, mostly from Europe and South-east Asia.

the face of what they show and realism are entirely different, i agree to  that,only common citizens are affected the palace people can do anything and everything

Muslims are totally intolerant of Christian beliefs and would prefer infidels to be wiped off the face of the earth. Amd yet we are supposed to bow to their every demand in Britain. Wake up people!! Islam is destroying our country!!!

i really feel sad about that. i have seen many documentaries regarding that  in one of stacey dooley's documentary ,was really surprised and shocked to see how they respond to her and calling her names and asking her to be dressed  Grin . the funny thing is you can't see white people in UK now a days Wink On  a funny note you were fucking people all over the world with colonies and now you are being fucked big time  Grin
Cereberus
Legendary

Activity: 910

View Profile
December 23, 2015, 03:51:12 AM

I can't understand why they would ban it at all. It causes people to spend money an it is an influx to their economy. No matter what religion you follow, who really cares, it is about money coming in.

██    ██    ██    ██
  ██    ██    ██    ██
██    ██    ██    ██
              ██    ██
            ██    ██
          ██    ██
        ██    ██
      ██    ██       
    ██    ██    ██    ██
  ██    ██    ██    ██
██    ██    ██    ██
TRADEPLAYZ
█ 
█ 
█     
█  █
█  █ 
█  █ 
█  █
    █  █
  █  █
  █  █
        █
    █
      █   
TOURNAMENT PVP SYSTEM
  FACEBOOK |  TWITTER  |  LINKEDIN  |  TELEGRAM  |  GITHUB  |  ANN  | INSTAGRAM 

█ 
█ 
█     
█  █
█  █ 
█  █ 
█  █
    █  █
  █  █
  █  █
        █
    █
      █   

█▄
                     ████▄
                     ██████▄
                     ████████▄
                     ██████████▄
                     ████████████▄
                     ██████████████▄
                     ███████████████
                     ██████████████▀
                     ████████████▀
                     ██████████▀
                     ████████▀
                     ██████▀
                     ████▀
                     █
█▀
GOOGLE PLAY

▄█████████████▄
                            ███████████████
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            ██████▀▀▀██████
                             ▀████▄▄▄▄████▀
  APPSTORE
troleybüs
Legendary

Activity: 1424
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 23, 2015, 04:30:35 AM

There is a difference between Christmas and new year celebrations. Muslims don't celebrate Christmas already. They celebrate new year in 31st December night. Although I'm fully against this type of ban I'd like to point this out. In a Muslim country some fanatics look it like that and if they are in government they can use their power for that type of ban. Such bullshit but much reality.
galdur

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 23, 2015, 05:58:51 AM
Last edit: December 23, 2015, 06:10:59 AM by galdur

CryOn  a funny note you were fucking people all over the world with colonies and now you are being fucked big time

Not to mention that you have been destroying country after country in a systematic manner, killing, maiming and displacing millions and always act totally aghast and indignant and of course even more warlike when this results in blowbacks and unpleasant consequences for you. Then you try to paper over this glaring display of psychotic behavior with some sort of obsessive-compulsive "tolerance". I guess that way you can tolerate your own double-standards.

Snail2
Legendary

Activity: 1512

View Profile
December 23, 2015, 09:47:58 AM

CryOn  a funny note you were fucking people all over the world with colonies and now you are being fucked big time

Not to mention that you have been destroying country after country in a systematic manner, killing, maiming and displacing millions and always act totally aghast and indignant and of course even more warlike when this results in blowbacks and unpleasant consequences for you. Then you try to paper over this glaring display of psychotic behavior with some sort of obsessive-compulsive "tolerance". I guess that way you can tolerate your own double-standards.

Indeed, I'd be more happy with scrapping tolerance, lining up all the whining liberal pussies against the wall, also openly and honestly returning to the good ole' looting days and gunboat diplomacy Smiley.
countryfree
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1047

Your country may be your worst enemy

View Profile
December 23, 2015, 04:15:44 PM

Is this news? I think Christmas celebrations are also banned in Somalia and Mauritania, and without any law, they are expected to remain modest in most of North Africa. This is why European countries should not be afraid to impose their customs and beliefs inside their own borders.

I used to be a citizen and a taxpayer. Those days are long gone.
bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3668
Merit: 1217

View Profile
December 24, 2015, 02:12:51 AM

Is this news? I think Christmas celebrations are also banned in Somalia and Mauritania, and without any law, they are expected to remain modest in most of North Africa. This is why European countries should not be afraid to impose their customs and beliefs inside their own borders.

Christmas celebrations are banned (either by default, or de jure) in most of the Muslim-majority nations. These sort of celebrations are allowed only in Hindu majority countries (such as India and Nepal) and Buddhist majority countries (Hong Kong, Japan, Singapore.etc). However, if the Christians don't stop provoking the Hindus and Buddhists, then soon there also we can expect repercussions against the Christians.
Ernstew

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
January 31, 2016, 08:03:26 PM

Brunei is famous for it's harem of thousands European or American woman who hurry there because they are paid a lot of money to spent some time in harem..Unfortunately this is muslim country with official religion ISLAM and they can forbid christmas celebrations, so Europe should do the same

██████████    YoBit.net - Cryptocurrency Exchange - Over 350 coins
█████████    <<  ● $$$ - $$$ - $$$ - $$$ - $$$ - $$$ - $$$   >>
██████████    <<  ● Play DICE! Win 1-5 btc just for 5 mins!  >>
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: