Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 01:04:12 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Better than Faucets?  (Read 743 times)
cmdrAdam (OP)

Activity: 45
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 22, 2015, 10:13:35 AM

Hello fellow community

Long story short, I have thought of opening a url-shortening service which pays users in satoshi to post links! Now they will recieve sathoshi for each visitor. The thing is that it potentially pays more than a regular faucets, I would assume 400k satoshi/1000 visitors. You will also get to be in more control of your earnings and not have to wait for hours. But the question is, is there a demand for this kind of service? As I haven't seen much of it in the bitcoin community! (excluding coinurl). I would like your opinion about this before starting the project!
Scott J
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 22, 2015, 10:18:48 AM

Hello fellow community

Long story short, I have thought of opening a url-shortening service which pays users in satoshi to post links! Now they will recieve sathoshi for each visitor. The thing is that it potentially pays more than a regular faucets, I would assume 400k satoshi/1000 visitors. You will also get to be in more control of your earnings and not have to wait for hours. But the question is, is there a demand for this kind of service? As I haven't seen much of it in the bitcoin community! (excluding coinurl). I would like your opinion about this before starting the project!
Yes, there are some same services out there. But the problem is how the user will bring thousands of visitors every day to beat the earning from faucets. I don't think it is possible except they have their own website which have thousands of traffic every day.
XinXan

Activity: 1064
Merit: 505

View Profile
December 22, 2015, 11:43:31 AM

Hello fellow community

Yes, there are some same services out there. But the problem is how the user will bring thousands of visitors every day to beat the earning from faucets. I don't think it is possible except they have their own website which have thousands of traffic every day.

And if you have a website you are already renting some space there for people to use their ads and they will probably pay the same or more. You could still post the links in your signature but I'm not sure how many clicks you would get and it's probably not worth it since you can join signature campaigns
coinzat

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

Young but I'm not that bold

View Profile
December 22, 2015, 09:57:50 PM

For my point of view, as a visitor or a user, I do not like shortening URL sites that are full of useless advertisements.
It might work with people like who use sites like adfly to get some bitcoin
betohell

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 22, 2015, 10:03:52 PM

I am often asked by the bloggers, where shortener sites that pay dearly with bitcoin. I don't know other than coinurl, it seemed like a good idea. if you create another site

cmdrAdam (OP)

View Profile
December 23, 2015, 12:54:57 AM

It is not going to be cluttered with ads, that's for sure. I would say approx 3 ads.
neochiny

Activity: 756
Merit: 503

Crypto.games

View Profile WWW
December 23, 2015, 01:23:29 AM

Hello fellow community

well shortening url is good idea but in my opinion,
it is difficult to have a lot of visitors from it.
as netizens almost will  always go directly to site.
unless you will be having you own site and pay for ads.
why not instead of shortening url service, make a blog site
about crypto currency and every blog willl be paid in satoshis. with levels.. Tongue

████  ███████  ███
██████████
███      ███████
███      ███████████
██████████████████
████████
███   ████  ███████████
███ ███████████████
█████████
█████████████████
███  ███████
██████████████
███        ████████
███████████▀▀███▀▀███████████
██████▀▀     ███     ▀▀██████
████▀   ▄▄█████████▄▄   ▀████
████▄▄▄███▀  ▀█▀  ▀███▄▄▄████
██▀▀▀██▀      ▀      ▀██▀▀▀██
█▀  ▄██               ██▄  ▀█
█   ████▄▄         ▄▄████   █
█▄  ▀██▀             ▀██▀  ▄█
██▄▄▄██▄             ▄██▄▄▄██
████▀▀▀███▄ ▄█ █▄ ▄███▀▀▀████
████▄   ▀▀███▄█████▀▀   ▄████
███████▄     ███     ▄███████
███████████▄▄███▄▄███████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
..PLAY NOW..
███  ███████  ████
██████████
███████      ███
███████████      ███
██████████████████
████████
███████████  ████   ███
███████████████ ███
█████████
█████████████████
███████  ███
██████████████
████████        ███
cmdrAdam (OP)

View Profile
December 23, 2015, 01:53:14 AM

The problem is the traffic that is needed. People aren't interested in driving traffic. But If they could, it would make them good money.
enhu
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1018

View Profile
December 23, 2015, 01:59:06 AM

I remember this service exist already, can't remember where I saw it though.
if you allow the url going to an adult content page, that would be entice users to use your url shortening site. Maybe you can also do that with image sharing site, it works almost the same thing with image views. it can still be profitable if used on torrent sites as preview images.

██████████ BitcoinCleanUp.comDebunking Bitcoin's Energy Use ██████████
██████████                Twitter#EndTheFUD                 ██████████
cmdrAdam (OP)

View Profile
December 23, 2015, 03:06:25 AM

But there aren't many services of this kind. Yea I could think of allowing the url going to an adult content page.
jacktheking
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1001

Personal Text Space Not For Sale

View Profile
December 23, 2015, 03:09:52 AM

I'd say that there is a huge demand for this kind of service! I am actually looking for some URL Shortening services that pay the other day. Sadly, most of them do not pay in Bitcoin. There one that is popular in the Bitcoin world would be CoinURL but the payout is too low and very easily to be marked as cheating - even if I did not cheat. I hope to see your new service up and running. I will say this again, there is a very huge demand in the Bitcoin world for this kind of service!

So sad! This profile does not appear as the #1 result (on anonymous) Google searches anymore.

Time to be active on the crypto forums again? Proud to be one of the few Legendary members of the Sparkie Red Dot!

Gonna put this on my resume if I ever join a cryptocurrency/blockchain industry!
asa.convex

Activity: 134
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 23, 2015, 03:11:33 AM

Hello fellow community

400k satoshi is a bit less for 1000 visitors... It's only 400 satoshi for 1 visitor.

Isn't adfly doing the same thing as you're doing here though? I would love to see a site which has the same concept of Adf.ly except using BTC as a payment method, if thats what you're talking about Wink

angaper

Activity: 966
Merit: 507

View Profile
December 23, 2015, 03:34:04 AM

Taking into account the hard work  required to get 1000 clicks, I am not so sure that this option is better than faucets. Anyway faucets are also a waste of time.
cmdrAdam (OP)

View Profile
December 23, 2015, 03:36:36 AM
Last edit: December 23, 2015, 03:47:29 AM by cmdrAdam

Hello fellow community

400k satoshi is a bit less for 1000 visitors... It's only 400 satoshi for 1 visitor.

Isn't adfly doing the same thing as you're doing here though? I would love to see a site which has the same concept of Adf.ly except using BTC as a payment method, if thats what you're talking about Wink

What if you got 10 visitors an hour? That's 4000 satoshi, which is better than the most facuet out there! And With the power of social media and bitcoin community, it would result in very good earnings! Also better than micro earnings IMHO.
amacar2
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1007

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
December 23, 2015, 04:17:07 AM

The only problem i see is the fradulant click you may get if you give 400k per 1000 visitors. There are lots of bots out there tested for other url shortener services which can also be done to your service.
Although reward is quite good and almost equal to usd based url shortner. Good luck, i think yes bitcoin community need url shortener service.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
Windpower

Activity: 532
Merit: 501

View Profile
December 23, 2015, 04:22:21 AM

Very good concept... I'd like to see it in action though, not just words Wink
cmdrAdam (OP)

View Profile
December 23, 2015, 04:34:19 AM

Very good to know that!  Smiley Smiley
cmdrAdam (OP)

View Profile
December 23, 2015, 04:35:35 AM

Also I forgot to mention, with bitcoin adress there is no need to sign up!
gianbtc

Activity: 47

View Profile
December 23, 2015, 10:45:51 AM

my advice is, you need to find advertisers first, so you can pay your members.
cmdrAdam (OP)

View Profile
December 23, 2015, 01:45:44 PM

my advice is, you need to find advertisers first, so you can pay your members.

Already found! And they all pay in bitcoins!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: