Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 03:19:09 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Scamming in the name "dishwara"  (Read 1597 times)
dishwara (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1855
Merit: 1016

View Profile
December 09, 2012, 08:02:13 PM
Last edit: December 11, 2012, 05:03:52 AM by dishwara

I came to know that 2-3 persons using my name "dishwara" outside this forum to do scam & do fraud things.
Anyone, if tells you that, he is "dishwara" & tries to have a deal, better ask him to post or reply in this forum.

If anyone got cheated by using my name, better post in this forum, so that others don't fall as victims.

I see many new usernames & asking loan & want them to be called as representatives of India.
Here we came to use a method(Bitcoin) to transfer money without brokers & low or no transaction fees & many other features.
No one is representing here for any one, except sock puppets.

Ask them many questions to clear your doubts, before having any money dealing.
Better safe than suffer.

I didn't want to create unnecessary FUD, that's why i didn't post any thing about it so far.
But today one user "subvolatil" https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=74363 , called me a scammer & fraud.
That made me to post this thread.

Ask many questions before any dealings, so that no one becomes a victim.
If they use my name "dishwara", then post in this thread & also alert mods.

Any new comers, better read & know some stuff about Bitcoin & also try to know who are not scammers & who are scammers before buying or selling BItcoins.

Bitcoins once sent can't be taken back. So check more than double times before any transaction.

Edited post.
I felt i may be wrong about Ssoftware.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
dishwara (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 09, 2012, 08:02:25 PM

Reserved
subvolatil

Activity: 546
Merit: 501

Cypherpunk and full-time CryptoAnarchist

View Profile
December 10, 2012, 12:04:45 AM

I came to know that 2-3 persons using my name "dishwara" outside this forum to scam & do fraud things.
Anyone, if tells you that, he is "dishwara" & tries to have a deal, better ask him to post or reply in this forum.

If anyone got cheated by using my name, better post in this forum, so that others don't fall as victims.

I see 1 or 2 persons creating random user names & asking money as loan.

One person who bought 4 graphics cards & 1 PSU from me, with username Ssoftware, https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=66690,
asked 200 BTC loan after seeing my 2000 USD loan thread.
He was very proud for asking the 200 BTC loan & was very sure that he will get loan.
That is the very important reason, made me to cancel my loan request of 2000 USD.

After that I saw many new usernames & asking loan & want them to be called as representatives of India.
Here we came to use a method(Bitcoin) to transfer money without brokers & low or no transaction fees & many other features.
No one is representing here for any one, except sock puppets.

Ask them many questions to clear your doubts, before having any money dealing.
Better safe than sorry.

I didn't want to create unnecessary FUD, that's why i didn't post any thing about it so far.
But today one user "subvolatil"  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=74363, called me a scammer & fraud.
That made me to post this thread.

Ask many questions before any dealings, so that no one becomes a victim.
If they use my name "dishwara", then post in this thread & also alert mods.

Wow , now you have resorted to making up stories. That is so mature of you to do. Bravo. i hope every one understands what is written. Thanks for the info.
and for your info the scam artist is you for trying to scare the indian community from participating in the bitoin community your posts are visible here https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=122788.0  

you are an embarrassment to this whole country you posted of the topic subjects let me show you :-
on the subject of - Cash Deposit Network or Prepaid Card Service for Bitcoin in India.
Where in every one was talking about what would be required to setup a exchange you decided that it was better to do this:

I had written an article, after studying the RBI guidelines for pre-paid and FERA.

http://bensonsamuel.com/bitcoin-3/reserve-bank-of-india-regulations-on-bitcoin-in-india/

At this point, I was advised by Jon Matonis, not to ask the regulators for permission.

I agree with this point completely.

Bitcoin is unregulated. Buying and selling Bitcoin with cash is your prerogative.

What people do with the Bitcoin is their concern and we are not here to police it.

Exactly! do not give the government a chance to ask questions.
set up shop that sells "digital" goods, specifically, bitcoin.
have a company set up, with a legitimate bank account.
pay taxes on the income. No eyebrows raised, no questions asked, all paper work in order.

I do not see a problem here at all..
Now, who wants to be the first?

It will help criminals of Pakistan to enter Indians economy & become very easy to control money, creates new scammers who do anything to steal Indians money.  
Already Indian government can't able to control the fake 500 Rupees which is in circulation, which was printed by Pakistan & even banks don't know how to remove totally.

Those who selling Bitcoins may get fake notes without them knowing whether its fake or not.

http://www.livemint.com/Home-Page/9NSxNFvWkjsNYOfmkHeCWM/Govt-report-says-4-in-every-1000-notes-are-fake.html
http://www.cidap.gov.in/documents/FAKE%20CURRENCY.pdf
http://www.afternoondc.in/business-investment/the-fake-currency-notes-syndrome/article_65486

According to the Reserve Bank of India (RBI), in the last six years, approximately Rs. 76 crores of fake notes were seized. The RBI speaks only about the seized money. However, a report from a Parliamentary Committee states that fake notes worth Rs. 1,69,000 crores are distributed in the market. But in reality, nobody knows the total number of fake notes which are floating around in the market and being passed off as genuine.

@Benson Samuel

If you can able to educate & persuade Anna hazare members, it will create huge hit & big wave in India.
Most of Anna's supporters are well educated, in high positions, has the ability to fight against government & want to eradicate corruption & corporate.
Its a people's party, same as Bitcoin.
It will make unbelievable entry of Bitcoin in India.

And then :-
This :-

Guys if you look at the negative  to much it will only deter things.  for bit coin to be influenced by scams and robbery is  there like any other fiat currency, but for bit coin to be facked and replicated is impossible, bit coin cannot be diluted by other countries of the issuing country it self, so there for the problem of the bit count being susceptible to deflationary forces would be nullified.

I wonder if any one would be open to creating a nationwide network  for different cities and gradually. India is a country which is still not into the e-commerce thing to much , for bitcoin to be able to penetrate the market a physical transaction is required. i am up for discussion on this and have some thing like this created.

Its Bitcoin or bitcoin, NOT "bit coin"
Corruption has deep root in India now.

and then:
This :-

auto correct.
and corruption has nothing to do with the propagation of bitcoin in India, there is more corruption in relation to fiat currency. at least bitcoin cant be diluted by banks and government as when they feel like it.

Yes, ICICI, HDFC, ABC bank, all the banks, just welcome Bitcoin & wont give bribe to Indian politicians, to shout in parliament to pass a law that gives banks to eradicate bitcoin out of India.

and then lastly :-
this :-

Govt. do not need to attack bitcoin.
They just have to threaten those who selling or buying bitcoins.
You think no Indians working In IT or CBI or RAW, not watching about bitcoin in India & its impact?

We not living in US or other countries, where they will ask bribe if they want to do something wrong.
In India we have to give bribe for legal correct things & also have to give more bribe to do illegal things.

I think you forgot about 2 girls got arrested for posting abt bandh in their facebook status.
latest one.
http://www.dnaindia.com/mumbai/report_bal-thackeray-facebook-post-arrest-of-girls-under-66a-a-terrible-thing-says-former-cji_1775283

Where on earth is you topics even closly related HuhHuh
You posts was aimed to scare the indian community .
This was not a discussion about that the government, it was about a subject totally different but, you saw that other people were getting involved in the discussion and some thing forming so, you decided to  go ahead and sabotage the indian community, by posting such negative thing.
You are already running a mining rigs for a good two years, but you decided to keep the knowlege to your self and make sure to scare people from india from participating in the bitcoin so that you can still keep your greedy money .
You posted this things so that you can still keep you stupid monopoly.
Insted of giving information and knowledge to people in this forum you resorted to a dirty tactic and this community does not need a person like you .

So Yes you are a scam artist you are not a opensource contributor. you are a greedy scam artist. that is it.  

subvolatil

View Profile
December 10, 2012, 12:08:25 AM

PS - no one is using you name in this forum, dont think people are that stupid, a simple member serch of this forum revels that you are the only member.
StLucifer

Activity: 199
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 10, 2012, 02:23:07 AM

i usually try to stay away from bullshit like this but here goes:

1. The relevance of the "girls" story is that in india, it does not matter what you have done. If they (LE, government, political party, any random person ) wanna fuck you, they will FUCK you.

2. I have personally had to pay bribes to get LEGAL OFFICIAL work done. In normal time. Not super fast or anything. I had a government official asking me for "chai pani " before signing a document which he is supposed to, in his official duty, sign for free. That's what the government pays him for. So yes, this is a REAL problem that will have to be dealt with eventually. Bitcoin is useful for that also, btw.

3. Imagine this  from a bank's POV-> in comes a mechanism to transfer funds, internationally, at a fraction of the cost of current regulated systems, with limited ability to be traced, and almost guaranteed anonymity. Mass adoption of such a system will deprive the banks of their "processing" and "transaction" fees, and put a dent in their profits. Hundreds of thousands of people, politicians included, have money invested in the stocks of these banks. If their profitability declines, investors will lose their money. No one wants to lose money. This is just me thinking out a scenario in 5 minutes. People who understand shit like this would have probably played out at least 10 different scenarios. One of them would be requiring some sort of proof of ownership of a deposit address, or registration of user wallets or some shit like that ( which will not work ).

So yes, when dishwara says that bankers will lobby together and bribe the politicians to oppose bills, he is right. That is why we cannot be hasty and need to think and plan for every possibility before we try to start something that might get us all into trouble with the law or the regulator. No one wants to deal with that shit.

4. dishwara is not a scammer. I have dealt with him personally when i had absolutely no reputation on this site. Easy target to scam. And he came through, no problems whatsoever. I had even verified his background before dealing with him. He might come across as being arrogant and snobbish because of the way he structures his sentences, but that is really not the case.

██  ██████████████          1 x B i t . c o m     |     BIG 5     |          ██████████████  ██
►  5 LEAGUES      ►  5 BITCOIN
██                       75 WINNERS DRAWN MONTHLY                       ██
subvolatil

View Profile
December 10, 2012, 02:39:42 AM

look here may be you dont know the history of the cypherpunks and how that group influenced the creation of the  bitcon. 

bitcoin is a opensource project,  i am a active supporter of many opensource projects, an have come across alot of people like him, only difference is  that in the software area people like this use the government regulation and crap like that to keep others away from their source code, or to steal. what he did was to keep posting negative crap in order for other users to get scared and go away.   

When you discuss, you need to stay in context fo the subject.  what he did was to go away from the subject  more time , even when i entered  into a active discussion with him , he still had to  past propaganda into the forum . he did not discuss he wanted to scare other away.

I bet you are correct he may be a swell guy. you vouch for him. that is good. but his actions was very destructive. 
Stephen Gornick
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1010

View Profile
December 10, 2012, 10:55:33 AM

PS - no one is using you name in this forum, dont think people are that stupid, a simple member serch of this forum revels that you are the only member.

I don't know the specifics but if you read the OP, it says "outside this forum":

I came to know that 2-3 persons using my name "dishwara" outside this forum to do scam & do fraud things.

If you weren't aware, the scammers have found that by impersonating irc users who have good trust history in the #bitcoin-otc marketplace's Web of Trust (WoT), they are able to carry out their scams more easily.  This is why joining the #bitcoin-otc channel currently causes the gribble bot to send this message on joining:

#bitcoin-otc: Watch out for fraudsters! Always check authentication with the ident command before trading, otherwise you could be dealing with an impostor. If in doubt, ask in channel. More info: http://bit.ly/YCGOI3

Dishwara was one of the first couple hundred users of the service, thus his irc nick is one that the scammer(s) would be likely to use in executing their fraud attempts.  Here's his -otc Web of Trust history:
 - http://bitcoin-otc.com/viewratingdetail.php?nick=dishwara&sign=ANY

The methods of impersonating involve using the same irc nick if it hasn't been protected or to add a character to the end that would cause a similar nick (e.g., dishwara`   <--- a trailing apostrophe ` character)

Unichange.me

█
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █

dishwara (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 10, 2012, 12:04:13 PM
Last edit: December 10, 2012, 12:22:04 PM by dishwara

Thanks Stephen Gornick.

The gribble bot, came online first when i was using irc & before gribble bot, you need to do some lenghty process, which i forgot now.
I lost the encryption key to prove that i am the one who handling that irc account & not coming online in irc at all
http://bitcoin-otc.com/viewratingdetail.php?nick=dishwara&sign=ANY

Encryption key is still in a broken hard disk with my 20 BTC which I can't able to get repaired due to various personal problems.

So, its not by "dishwara" in irc or maybe some one used it by adding or deleting characters.

But subvolatil keeps on shouting on me for what the hell i did destructively in Bitcoin?
Benson Samuel
Legendary

Activity: 1890
Merit: 1000

Landscaping Bitcoin for India!

View Profile WWW
December 10, 2012, 12:44:29 PM

But subvolatil keeps on shouting on me for what the hell i did destructively in Bitcoin?

Could it be because you corrected him about 'bit coin'?

Cant see any other reason.

Dishwara is spot on about his observations.

But definately does not sound discouraging about Bitcoin.

Hopefully this is over Smiley

Fjordbit

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

firstbits.com/1kznfw

View Profile WWW
December 10, 2012, 01:04:27 PM

So, its not by "dishwara" in irc or maybe some one used it by adding or deleting characters.

In the IRC scams, they use your name but don't authenticate to the bot. The fact that you don't have you key actually makes it easier for them because they can say hey lost their key.
dishwara (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 10, 2012, 03:49:32 PM

Don't know how to solve this irc problem.
Fjordbit

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

firstbits.com/1kznfw

View Profile WWW
December 10, 2012, 07:44:09 PM

You can't. It's up to others to not get scammed. There are warnings about it.
dishwara (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 11, 2012, 10:30:53 AM

Closed & locked.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: