Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 09:35:21 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [WTS] 2x Antminer S3 with PSUs  (Read 1501 times)
toptek
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 26, 2015, 06:50:11 AM

Update 2: So it's been over 2 hours and the funds are still not available.  With it being Christmas and then the weekend, I've got a horrible feeling this won't be "official" for a long time.  As a newbie, I cannot purchase $300 worth of BTC from anywhere - everyone has limits, which is worrying.  What a horrible Catch-22:  I can't buy Bitcoin, nor can I buy a miner because it's purchased with the Bitcoins that I cannot get, lol!  You sure you won't just accept USD via paypal?

No sorry, paypal too open to fraud.  Its cool man, theres no one else inline for these right now.  I can't ship til Monday/Tuesday anyway.  I'll hold them for you.

Yeah, I can understand.  The situation that I'm in right now only helps to reinforce why we need Bitcoin.  From what I've read, BTC is super easy to send and receive; however, buying the BTC is really the limitation of sending/receiving fiat money like the USD.  As I'm typing this right now, I just got an email from Circle cancelling my transaction.  I logged in to my bank and the USD was re-deposited.  So weird.  Ok... I've got to find a way to get BTC Sad

you live in the US ? . if so i would get in touch with circle, i had my account cancelled once due to i didn't live in the US after i made a buy and it was cancelled, then two days later my account was. . till i proved different then they let me have it back , just a tip, now i can use my CC any time i want to and get instant BTC's, i also have a Gemini account, i haven't fully activated yet, and a coin base account, i use more .

PS : Circle only allows you have to one account per legal name they will shut down all your accounts, till pick one and let them know. it won't mater how Many btc you have in it they won't steal them you just don't have access, till you send them a ticket.

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
HistoryBloke

Activity: 76
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 26, 2015, 07:00:14 PM

Update 2: So it's been over 2 hours and the funds are still not available.  With it being Christmas and then the weekend, I've got a horrible feeling this won't be "official" for a long time.  As a newbie, I cannot purchase $300 worth of BTC from anywhere - everyone has limits, which is worrying.  What a horrible Catch-22:  I can't buy Bitcoin, nor can I buy a miner because it's purchased with the Bitcoins that I cannot get, lol!  You sure you won't just accept USD via paypal?

No sorry, paypal too open to fraud.  Its cool man, theres no one else inline for these right now.  I can't ship til Monday/Tuesday anyway.  I'll hold them for you.

Yeah, I can understand.  The situation that I'm in right now only helps to reinforce why we need Bitcoin.  From what I've read, BTC is super easy to send and receive; however, buying the BTC is really the limitation of sending/receiving fiat money like the USD.  As I'm typing this right now, I just got an email from Circle cancelling my transaction.  I logged in to my bank and the USD was re-deposited.  So weird.  Ok... I've got to find a way to get BTC Sad

you live in the US ? . if so i would get in touch with circle, i had my account cancelled once due to i didn't live in the US after i made a buy and it was cancelled, then two days later my account was. . till i proved different then they let me have it back , just a tip, now i can use my CC any time i want to and get instant BTC's, i also have a Gemini account, i haven't fully activated yet, and a coin base account, i use more .

PS : Circle only allows you have to one account per legal name they will shut down all your accounts, till pick one and let them know. it won't mater how Many btc you have in it they won't steal them you just don't have access, till you send them a ticket.

Yes, I'm in the U.S., but the frustrating part is that I can't obtain Bitcoin at this point.  I've been looking on ebay and the prices for *any* miner is outrageous! 
eddie13
Legendary

Activity: 2296
Merit: 2262

BTC or BUST

View Profile
December 26, 2015, 07:12:04 PM

This is the reason BTC is so cheap, it's too hard to put your money into BTC. This is the biggest thing that needs to be fixed about Bitcoin IMO..

Chancellor on Brink of Second Bailout for Banks
iglasses
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 27, 2015, 12:18:10 AM

This is the reason BTC is so cheap, it's too hard to put your money into BTC. This is the biggest thing that needs to be fixed about Bitcoin IMO..

circle
gemini

Two very good & straight forward places to buy IMO

I only have a signature because I'm allowed.
HistoryBloke

View Profile
December 27, 2015, 01:49:31 AM

So far my experience with Circle has been very negative.  I tied my debit card to my account because it claimed instant purchasing of Bitcoin when done this way.  My bank, Wells Fargo, denied it.  I then got a call from Wells Fargo's fraud department and they asked me a bunch of questions.  I told them to authorize Circle, and they did so.  I tried again to add money from my Debit Card to my Circle account and it was pending for over 2 hours.  I had even seen the $300 charge in my online banking.  Then, all of a sudden, the transaction was cancelled and the $300 was deposited back in to my checking account (which is where my debit card is linked, obviously).

While Bitcoin is cool, this is a lot more than I bargained for.  I'm a teacher and I was talking about Bitcoin with my students before we left for Christmas break.  I told them I'd build a mining machine so we, as a class, can keep an eye on it's progress.  If we have any Bitcoin by the end of May (after AP Exams), I'd try to use the Bitcoin to buy us pizza.  Well, I built a small USB mining setup from Amazon.com that, so far, has only made .00015, which is a long way from even having it transferred to my wallet.  And of course, I paid way too much for it.  But, I want to buy S3s to set up in my classroom (free electricity!!) so they can actually see the evolution from CPU/GPU, to USB, to ASIC machines with built in controllers, etc.  I never expected it to be this difficult to obtain BTC or miners.

I'm probably going to have to just purchase overpriced miners on ebay so I can start producing a tiny amount of coin while buying small bits from Coinbase so my limits will go up. 

Unless,

Anyone would be willing to sell me some S3s at a good price using Paypal?  I promise to even send you a photo of my class posing with the machines! Smiley
olliec420 (OP)

Activity: 198
Merit: 102

View Profile
December 27, 2015, 01:56:23 AM

Sorry no paypal.

You'd definitely mine enough for pizza.  This setup pulls 0.042 BTC every week but that will go down as difficulty increases and its increasing rapidly.
bitpop
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 1060

View Profile WWW
December 27, 2015, 04:26:26 AM

Why don't you pick up bitcoin from localbitcoins

Or try coinbase, you want to mine bitcoin but never bought any?

HistoryBloke

View Profile
December 27, 2015, 05:28:04 AM

Why don't you pick up bitcoin from localbitcoins

Or try coinbase, you want to mine bitcoin but never bought any?

Hey, Bitpop!

Of course I tried to buy some BTC from Coinbase, however, because I am a new user I was only allowed to buy $25.00 worth of BTC and am suffering through a  7-day waiting period - unable to purchase more until the first transaction is complete.  My paltry 0.05523444 BTC ($25 at the time of purchase) won't be in my wallet until Wednesday.  I could have mined close to the same amount in that time.  All of the Wallet/Exchanges seem to do this very same thing.  Once the transaction is complete Wednesday evening, I doubt they're going to raise my limit so much that I could buy $275 more.  It would have honestly been faster to just mail the seller a check, wait for it to clear his bank, and then receive the goods.

When I am allowed to buy more, I'll then have ANOTHER waiting period for some of the BTC.  Because I've verified my identity and added a "back up" credit card, it says I can instantly buy BTC; however, of the $25 limit, only $5 worth of BTC will instantly appear. 

This is a huge waiting game.  It's like I've started a new job, already done all the work, but they refuse to pay me all at once despite the fact that bills must be paid, haha!  And yes, I want to mine... the only reason I responded to this thread as a buyer was because he was talking about USD.  OP set his price in USD, I confirmed it in USD, and then (almost like the old bait & switch), USDs were off the table and Bitcoin was required.  I'm still super interested and want to purchase, but my hands are tied.  The lack of trust from Coinbase and other exchanges make it difficult and tedious for newbies to switch currency.  Hell, I can get online right now and buy Euros, Pounds, or any other currency (except Bitcoin) faster. 

My experience with Bitcoin, so far, has reminded me of the Scientific Revolution - It wasn't a revolution at all.  It was extremely slow (the word 'Revolution' being a misnomer), only available to a select few, you needed to be there in the beginning to really benefit, and the math/discoveries got harder and harder as time went by. Smiley

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: