Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 03:05:22 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: TRC Merged Mined?  (Read 1066 times)
jasinlee (OP)

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

Its as easy as 0, 1, 1, 2, 3

View Profile
December 10, 2012, 03:09:35 PM

Would it be possible to turn Terracoin into a merged mined coin? Or is someone working on this already?

BTC 1JASiNZxmAN1WBS4dmGEDoPpzN3GV7dnjX DVC 1CxxZzqcy7YEVXfCn5KvgRxjeWvPpniK3                     Earn Devcoins Devtome.com
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
dreamwatcher
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
December 10, 2012, 03:17:17 PM

I do not see why not.

The TRC client and protocol is not radically different from the BTC client and protocol.

Maybe I will have a look into it..If I ever catch up with the other projects I am trying to get done.  Grin
jasinlee (OP)

View Profile
December 10, 2012, 03:20:47 PM

The issue that was stated elsewhere is that TRC is a primary chain since its almost copypasta of bitcoin, so is there a way to make it receive duplicate information on the TRC of the information that is being submitted to the BTC network?

BTC 1JASiNZxmAN1WBS4dmGEDoPpzN3GV7dnjX DVC 1CxxZzqcy7YEVXfCn5KvgRxjeWvPpniK3                     Earn Devcoins Devtome.com
dreamwatcher
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 10, 2012, 03:37:01 PM

Ahhh, A bit of misunderstanding on my part.

I was thinking more of merged mining with TRC as the primary chain.

Using TRC as the secondary coin may prove to be impossible without major changes to TRC and at a minimum forking the chain.
jasinlee (OP)

View Profile
December 10, 2012, 03:44:58 PM

Too bad, that looked like it had merit.

dreamwatcher
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 10, 2012, 04:00:52 PM

I would not completely give up on it yet. My previous post is only my opinion.

There are brilliant programmers here, with a lot more experience in this area than myself.

Perhaps one of them will see this as a challenge and take up the cause.  Smiley
FuzzyBear
Legendary

Activity: 1420
Merit: 1010

View Profile WWW
December 10, 2012, 06:13:40 PM

I do not see why not.

The TRC client and protocol is not radically different from the BTC client and protocol.

Maybe I will have a look into it..If I ever catch up with the other projects I am trying to get done.  Grin

I feel you with the "ever catch up with the other projects I am trying to get done"    seems like i'm trying to bite off more than one man can chew at times, but all good fun and experience Smiley

***** Earn DEV at http://devtome.com *****
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: