Bitcoin Forum
June 18, 2024, 10:41:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Hold onto your balls gentlemen , the halvening is coming! ;)  (Read 8579 times)
abonarea
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1003

View Profile
December 25, 2015, 12:41:50 PM

I am holding my balls anyway even before reading this article but this is nice to see some good in favor of halving.This time halving will have positive and important impact on price which I believe for sure.
talks_cheep
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 25, 2015, 01:24:37 PM

There's no bitcoin scarcity. There are MILLIONS of them being dumped EVERYDAY.  There's no mass adoption either. Nobody else around the world gives a sh$t about bitcoins. Only a chosen few here on the forum are constantly beating drums about $350K, $500K, or even $1million bitcoins.

The recent rise in price is due to the whales and manipulators drumming up the price in Anticipation of the Halving in July 2016. It's already being priced in. We might go up to $500-600, but that will be the upper range. If you are expecting $1000+, you will be sorely disappointed.

1Referee
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427

View Profile
December 25, 2015, 01:37:03 PM

I hate to think what will happen to bitcoin if the halfing doesnt go as expected with a nice price rise. Theres gonna be a lot of disappointed people and potentially an end to crytocurrency. hopefully we get a new ATH.

You know what kind of people are getting disappointed? People who don't know anything about investing, and thus have sky high (unrealistic) expectations. These people will get disappointed.

I personally think we might reach a price of +$1000 again, but I also have to say that I keep in mind that the price may also NOT go up that high. If it doesn't happen, then no problem. It is what it is. We can't do anything beside waiting patiently.

Its inevitable the price will go through the roof due to scarcity never mind increased adoption....
Plz don't change your username before I can laugh at you when it breaks $1000 and keeps on going... Smiley

You laugh at me? I am holding since 2013. I kept buying from sub $100 till sub $250. I am the one who will be laughing hard when it is reaching $1000 again Wink
newcripto

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 25, 2015, 02:13:32 PM

I am also waiting for halving of blocks which will strengthen the price and there will be minimum stable floor at around 400 $ as bottom after calculating the mining expanses so enjoy these current prices.
electronicfactura

Activity: 714

View Profile
December 25, 2015, 02:19:49 PM

I don't expect dramatic increase in price after halving and I think overall price will be between 500-600 $ for next few months.Although there are lot of reports which tells new all time high but this is what is my thinking about the realistic price.
mtnsaa
Legendary

Activity: 1568

View Profile
December 25, 2015, 02:39:45 PM

The article is definitely geared to non Bitcoin holders I guess, 99% of this forum, except maybe some lurkers or newbies already have some basic knowledge about the halvening in particular. Either way, I have a more let's wait and see approach, I'm not sure if it will be such a clear situation.
randy8777
Legendary

Activity: 896

View Profile
December 25, 2015, 05:44:24 PM

I don't expect dramatic increase in price after halving and I think overall price will be between 500-600 $ for next few months.Although there are lot of reports which tells new all time high but this is what is my thinking about the realistic price.

i have no problems with the price going up around $100 per month till the actual block halving day. it would mean we will see a new ath and a lot world wide news coverage.

$550 january 25
$650 february 25
$750 march 25
$850 april 25
$950 may 25
$1050 june 25
$1150 july 25  Shocked
mtnsaa
Legendary

View Profile
December 25, 2015, 08:14:08 PM

There's no bitcoin scarcity. There are MILLIONS of them being dumped EVERYDAY.  There's no mass adoption either. Nobody else around the world gives a sh$t about bitcoins. Only a chosen few here on the forum are constantly beating drums about $350K, $500K, or even $1million bitcoins.

The recent rise in price is due to the whales and manipulators drumming up the price in Anticipation of the Halving in July 2016. It's already being priced in. We might go up to $500-600, but that will be the upper range. If you are expecting $1000+, you will be sorely disappointed.

Glad to hear someone with common sense in this forum for a change. While I may be a little more optimistic on the future of Bitcoin long term it's astonishing to read how many here think Bitcoin is so amazing that they can't figure out why their friends or family can't understand it or don't want to be onboard nor use it. Well that's all you need to know about that, they just don't need it. It's hard, complicated, a hassle to buy and sell (mostly on the rest of the world, I understand it's easier in the US and Europe). It requires you to be tech savvy, to use decimals and convert it in your mind to your local currenty or dollars, to remember authorization keys. If you send money by error there are no refunds, you can actually lose millions of dollars if you make a simple mistake like forgetting a password, etc. However, the technology itself is as unique and innovative as the Internet was when it was created, so to me it's foolish to not be part of something like this even if there's a good chance that at the end it'll be replaced by something better or improved.

To invest a huge amount of your savings to me it's not really wise though, but I think it's worth the risk to invest a small share of it and see what happens.
xhomerx10
Legendary

Activity: 3878
Merit: 8263

View Profile
December 25, 2015, 08:27:04 PM

Glad to hear someone with common sense in this forum for a change. While I may be a little more optimistic on the future of Bitcoin long term it's astonishing to read how many here think Bitcoin is so amazing that they can't figure out why their friends or family can't understand it or don't want to be onboard nor use it. Well that's all you need to know about that, they just don't need it. It's hard, complicated, a hassle to buy and sell (mostly on the rest of the world, I understand it's easier in the US and Europe). It requires you to be tech savvy, to use decimals and convert it in your mind to your local currenty or dollars, to remember authorization keys. If you send money by error there are no refunds, you can actually lose millions of dollars if you make a simple mistake like forgetting a password, etc. However, the technology itself is as unique and innovative as the Internet was when it was created, so to me it's foolish to not be part of something like this even if there's a good chance that at the end it'll be replaced by something better or improved.

To invest a huge amount of your savings to me it's not really wise though, but I think it's worth the risk to invest a small share of it and see what happens.

You don't know the meaning of common sense or scarcity if you believe this.
Of course there is bitcoin scarcity!  The trade-off is currently ~$450 USD per bitcoin.
Biodom
Legendary

Activity: 3794
Merit: 3984

View Profile
December 25, 2015, 10:20:12 PM
Last edit: December 25, 2015, 10:35:25 PM by Biodom

I hate to think what will happen to bitcoin if the halfing doesnt go as expected with a nice price rise. Theres gonna be a lot of disappointed people and potentially an end to crytocurrency. hopefully we get a new ATH.

If everyone is expecting a rise a few things can happen.

A big buy before the halvening and a big dump afterwards (get rich quick people and whales profitting).
A big buy before the halvening and a frenzy afterwards (people going all gung-ho gamble Choo-Choo new ATH at 10k and a drop to $100 Tongue).
A steady rise towards the halvening (might be whats happening now) followed by a stabilization or a slight drop back to the real value.
You just don't know until it happens and then it seemed obvious.

The only thing that is certain is that the in-flow of new coins will go down. As long as more people want bitcoins we're golden.

People are always disappointed if they don't get rich quick Tongue
If getting rich quick was the sole purpose of cryptocurrency it will end but cryptocurrency is more than a get-rich-quick scheme that is already proven. So no matter what happens Bitcoin is not dead.

I think that Bobby Lee's quote from that article is the best; to paraphrase: bitcoin is a new global asset class that is currently valued at $1/Earth inhabitant.

To me, it is not inconceivable that everyone will want to have at least $10-100 of bitcoin CONSTANTLY on their phone (not even talking about investments, replacement of gold, etc), hence at least $4500-45000 value per BTC (eventually).
Wilhelm
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1265

View Profile
December 25, 2015, 10:38:26 PM

If everyone is expecting a rise a few things can happen.

A big buy before the halvening and a big dump afterwards (get rich quick people and whales profitting).
A big buy before the halvening and a frenzy afterwards (people going all gung-ho gamble Choo-Choo new ATH at 10k and a drop to $100 Tongue).
A steady rise towards the halvening (might be whats happening now) followed by a stabilization or a slight drop back to the real value.
You just don't know until it happens and then it seemed obvious.

The only thing that is certain is that the in-flow of new coins will go down. As long as more people want bitcoins we're golden.

People are always disappointed if they don't get rich quick Tongue
If getting rich quick was the sole purpose of cryptocurrency it will end but cryptocurrency is more than a get-rich-quick scheme that is already proven. So no matter what happens Bitcoin is not dead.

I think that Bobby Lee's quote from that article is the best; to paraphrase: bitcoin is a new asset global class that is currently valued at $1/Earth inhabitant.

To me, it is not inconceivable that everyone will want to have at least $10-100 of bitcoin CONSTANTLY on their phone (not even talking about investments, replacement of gold, etc), hence at least $4500-45000 value per BTC (eventually).

That's a very realistic valuation for the oncoming 10 years.
I believe that Bitcoin could potentially replace cash in all countries as an internationally accepted autonomous medium.

Bitcoin is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get !!
afbitcoins
Legendary

Activity: 2101
Merit: 1061

View Profile WWW
December 26, 2015, 09:43:19 AM

Millions being dumped is also millions being bought by stronger hands.
1Referee
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427

View Profile
December 26, 2015, 10:12:29 AM

Millions being dumped is also millions being bought by stronger hands.

Well said. For every sell order that is being executed, there is also a buy order that is getting filled. This is something that most people don't think about when there is a dump happening. They simply think there is no demand and no one is willing to buy, while in fact that isn't true. People are happy to buy, especially after a dump. Wink
langedwig

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 26, 2015, 10:15:55 AM

What will this halving bring ?
It will favour the buyer or seller ? Guesses ?
mtnsaa
Legendary

View Profile
December 26, 2015, 03:32:17 PM

Of course there is bitcoin scarcity!  The trade-off is currently ~$450 USD per bitcoin.

Please, if I understand you correctly, you think there is or will be scarcity, and for that to happen, there should be an actual need or use for Bitcoin, there's not, so we'll see a time when Bitcoin either breaks through the mainstream somehow (maybe not massively adopted but it could start getting used by big companies and stores) or dies. It has no real value and it's virtual, gold has no inherent value but it's physical in that sense, if there's trouble or crisis, gold is always accepted so it's different. Plus it is needed in computers and other devices. Bitcoin has no actual value right now unless it creates one for itself and proves its worth. That's what it will come to.
xhomerx10
Legendary

Activity: 3878
Merit: 8263

View Profile
December 26, 2015, 04:24:02 PM

Please, if I understand you correctly, you think there is or will be scarcity, and for that to happen, there should be an actual need or use for Bitcoin, there's not, so we'll see a time when Bitcoin either breaks through the mainstream somehow (maybe not massively adopted but it could start getting used by big companies and stores) or dies. It has no real value and it's virtual, gold has no inherent value but it's physical in that sense, if there's trouble or crisis, gold is always accepted so it's different. Plus it is needed in computers and other devices. Bitcoin has no actual value right now unless it creates one for itself and proves its worth. That's what it will come to.

Your personal perceptions on the "actual need or use for Bitcoin" are not relevant to its scarcity; nothing else needs to happen.  You are misinformed.  
7Priest7

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 14, 2016, 06:28:47 PM

Do we really need a 10 page news article to tell us what we've known for 6 years about halving?

we, old time bitcoin users, of course we know all this, we had halvings before too,

but new users, probably heard of halving just now, so this will be really helpful for them

and  personally i think that halving will be awesome thing this year, price should rise really high so we will be happy
rekinthis

Activity: 658

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
March 19, 2016, 02:10:44 PM

Do we really need a 10 page news article to tell us what we've known for 6 years about halving?

Of course we don't need it, we know halving very well now, but new bitcoin users don't so this will really help them

And i hope that halving will rise price by 200$ atleast,  others hopes for larger price rise but 200$ is pretty realistic

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
maxj57634

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 19, 2016, 02:15:49 PM

Of course we don't need it, we know halving very well now, but new bitcoin users don't so this will really help them

And i hope that halving will rise price by 200$ atleast,  others hopes for larger price rise but 200$ is pretty realistic

A 200$ price added when the halving come is quite reasonable for us and miners who farm them it will help them cut the cost they are getting from mining.
pissedoff

Activity: 616

View Profile
March 19, 2016, 02:16:59 PM

Yeah I think the world needs to know more bitcoin and the block halving and a 10 page article doesn't look too big.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: