Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 10:35:35 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Hold onto your balls gentlemen , the halvening is coming! ;)  (Read 8583 times)
bit1
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 19, 2016, 03:30:45 PM

What will this halving bring ?
It will favour the buyer or seller ? Guesses ?

If price goes up, The answer is to sellers obviously. So Buyers need to buy before of halving.
helloeverybody
Legendary

Activity: 1008

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile WWW
March 19, 2016, 05:41:49 PM

What will this halving bring ?
It will favour the buyer or seller ? Guesses ?

If price goes up, The answer is to sellers obviously. So Buyers need to buy before of halving.

If price goes up it will show confidence in bitcoin and possibly take us to a stable new high. This in turn would hopefully bring more buyers. Im sure a lot of people are wanting to get out near 1k but to each their own. i will be holding till the bitter end.

talks_cheep
Legendary

Activity: 1036

View Profile
March 19, 2016, 06:07:10 PM

There's no bitcoin scarcity. There are MILLIONS of them being dumped EVERYDAY.  There's no mass adoption either. Nobody else around the world gives a sh$t about bitcoins. Only a chosen few here on the forum are constantly beating drums about $350K, $500K, or even $1million bitcoins.

The recent rise in price is due to the whales and manipulators drumming up the price in Anticipation of the Halving in July 2016. It's already being priced in. We might go up to $500-600, but that will be the upper range. If you are expecting $1000+, you will be sorely disappointed.

Glad to hear someone with common sense in this forum for a change. While I may be a little more optimistic on the future of Bitcoin long term it's astonishing to read how many here think Bitcoin is so amazing that they can't figure out why their friends or family can't understand it or don't want to be onboard nor use it. Well that's all you need to know about that, they just don't need it. It's hard, complicated, a hassle to buy and sell (mostly on the rest of the world, I understand it's easier in the US and Europe). It requires you to be tech savvy, to use decimals and convert it in your mind to your local currenty or dollars, to remember authorization keys. If you send money by error there are no refunds, you can actually lose millions of dollars if you make a simple mistake like forgetting a password, etc. However, the technology itself is as unique and innovative as the Internet was when it was created, so to me it's foolish to not be part of something like this even if there's a good chance that at the end it'll be replaced by something better or improved.

To invest a huge amount of your savings to me it's not really wise though, but I think it's worth the risk to invest a small share of it and see what happens.

You don't know the meaning of common sense or scarcity if you believe this.
Of course there is bitcoin scarcity!  The trade-off is currently ~$450 USD per bitcoin.

You, so called a hero member, do NOT know the meaning of scarcity, most likey because you lack the common sense. How can there be a bitcoin scarcity when millions of bitcoins are being sold and bought everyday? I can go to coinbase and buy 100 bitcoins instantly, where's the scarcity? Please tell me. This so called bitcoin scarcity is bullsh*t non-sense hyped by these called hero members of the forum to drum up the buying of the bitcoins by unsuspecting innocent newbies. Don't get suckered in by these charlatans. They have mined/bought/traded for  cheap bitcoins in the days when a bitcoin went for $2 or even less, having amassed them, these vampires need new bag holders every day to buy their inflated coins. The whole Ponzi scheme is ripe to collapse any day. Noobs, you've been warned to stay away!!!

watashi-kokoto

Activity: 682
Merit: 269

View Profile
March 19, 2016, 06:12:39 PM

Fasten your seatbelts, we're up for a turbulent ride
Grin Grin Grin
beastmodeBiscuitGravy

Activity: 181
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 19, 2016, 07:30:34 PM

Grin Grin Grin

So... we get strapped into seats while Blockstream devs repeatedly and viciously kick us in the balls and squander the only chance at a halving rally before 2019... just for a very slight chance of making notorious scammer Austin D. Hill rich?

Gluttons for punishment these Bitcoiners. And gullible too, sold the premise that it's all for their precious decentralization. The kind of decentralization that can all fit in a small Hong Kong conference room reserved by chairman samson mao.

If everyone is holding on to tokens that they hope to dump at a higher price during/after the halving... who is going to be the sucker buying them? Any takers?
Altynbekova

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 19, 2016, 07:48:02 PM

Grin Grin Grin

We it may be well be pure a hype instead of the price reaching ultimate highs. For me the halving alone is no reason to buy more bitcoin.
Potential crisis in the financial markets are the main reason why i expect the price to rise.
alisafidel58

Activity: 364
Merit: 127

View Profile
March 20, 2016, 11:11:19 AM

Grin Grin Grin

We it may be well be pure a hype instead of the price reaching ultimate highs. For me the halving alone is no reason to buy more bitcoin.
Potential crisis in the financial markets are the main reason why i expect the price to rise.

Everyone is enjoying the ride to halving and surely many of us cant wait to see what will happen to the price for im positive that it will double the current prize.
abercrombie
Legendary

Activity: 1159
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 20, 2016, 01:45:16 PM

Due to a production freeze in Feb, Oil spiked 45% from 27 USD to now 39 USD.

Bitcoin production being cut in July...

You do the math.  

thms

Activity: 427

View Profile
March 20, 2016, 01:50:23 PM

It's already priced in.

Actually I think there's a possibility of price decreasing due to frustration of it not increasing.
doc12
Legendary

Activity: 1284
Merit: 1042

View Profile
March 20, 2016, 02:04:37 PM

It's already priced in.

Actually I think there's a possibility of price decreasing due to frustration of it not increasing.

It will be like this, after the the halvening there will be a big sell of due to frustration and after all weak heands left ... BOOM
Dilla

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 20, 2016, 02:11:18 PM

It's already priced in.

Yes and no.

The price right now is not controlled by a free market. It is controlled by whales. It is being compressed down as much as possible for accumulation by these whales until the buy pressure for the halving becomes too high, then the price will increase, and a pump will happen fueled and exaggerated by the whales and over excitement from the market. Look how fast the recent rises have happened and quickly have fallen. The same will happen soon. Be sure to sell at a profit and don't get too greedy.
BTCLovingDude
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1010

BTC to the moon is inevitable...

View Profile WWW
March 20, 2016, 02:16:46 PM

It's already priced in.

i think the rise to above $400 is because of the expectation of halving but it is too soon to see the real effect. it needs at least a couple of months more.

also don't forget all the drama that caused the push downs (FUD, hearn,...)

--looking for signature--
abercrombie
Legendary

Activity: 1159
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 20, 2016, 02:30:04 PM

This is being discussed right now in the tradingview chat room by some well respected traders.

Yogafan00000

Activity: 314
Merit: 251

View Profile
March 20, 2016, 03:02:53 PM

I think the important thing to realize here is that at 1 inch margins and with Arial 10pt font, this article is only 1.25 pages.

You know, just to keep things in perspective.

1YogAFA... (oh, nevermind)
chaosknight

Activity: 868

View Profile
March 20, 2016, 05:07:22 PM

I will hold all my coins until the halving no matter what is the price as I am very much sure that halving will allow me to make some best profits.
Zeke2345

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
March 20, 2016, 05:09:55 PM

Always enjoy a good roller coaster hope this comes some time soon,so we can move back to normal though. All the fluctuation does not support new people getting interested unless they are trader sensed.

██████████    YoBit.net - Cryptocurrency Exchange - Over 350 coins
█████████    <<  ● $$$ - $$$ - $$$ - $$$ - $$$ - $$$ - $$$   >>
██████████    <<  ● Play DICE! Win 1-5 btc just for 5 mins!  >>
sishendaoye

Activity: 434

View Profile
March 20, 2016, 06:15:20 PM

Always enjoy a good roller coaster hope this comes some time soon,so we can move back to normal though. All the fluctuation does not support new people getting interested unless they are trader sensed.

Well it could be good, but right now i feel it is waiting time. Financially i feel bitcoin has to prove to me that is can be profitable.
When that happened I am sure to start investing more money into bitcoin. But no before i got some profits made.
trenchflaint

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 21, 2016, 07:36:06 AM

Well it could be good, but right now i feel it is waiting time. Financially i feel bitcoin has to prove to me that is can be profitable.
When that happened I am sure to start investing more money into bitcoin. But no before i got some profits made.

So far for me bitcoin has been profitable from the transaction that i made from trading to gambling.
You just have to play your well so that you can profit no matter how low its still a profit.
bitcoinhopper

Activity: 336

Bravity is beautiful.

View Profile
March 21, 2016, 03:57:14 PM

You never know what can happen with the value and that is quite risky, because it is rising of course but you dont know when it will stop.
You are not for sure that it will rise after the halving so that is not good. But we all hope for it, but we must see.

BitMaxz
Legendary

Activity: 3290
Merit: 3022

BTC price road to $80k

View Profile WWW
March 21, 2016, 04:28:00 PM

Yeah brow im still holding it but some of them i use to spend and buy altcoin if i had no hope in bitcoin maybe in other altcoin i can make lots of money someday by trading altcoin..

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████