Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 02:48:36 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Accepting BTC on my website  (Read 774 times)
cubicdissection (OP)

Activity: 231
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
December 10, 2012, 10:32:27 PM

Hello folks! 

I'm an artist had have been selling all my work online the past 10 years or so.  Right now I accept Paypal and have a merchant account for credit cards.  I'd like to accept BTC as well. 

The site runs OSCommerce to keep track of inventory and fulfill orders.  This is important because my work sells out very quickly, and accurately tracking inventory in real-time is critical so I do not oversell.

I've been looking at the various sites which offer to let you accept funds with BTC.  Walletbit seemed to be the only ones with an OsCommerce plugin already written.  However, as I learn more about BTC, it seems like if someone does not have a Walletbit account, they will have to create one to do business with me.  Which makes it seem much like they are paying with walletbit than with BTC...i.e. the difference between credit cards (direct transfer of funds) and paypal (must create account, separate balances, etc).

From my understanding, if I want to accept BTC payments directly from BTC users I will need to create a separate wallet for each transaction.  Is that correct?  If so, are there any OsCommerce compatible solutions out there yet?

Thanks in advance...

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
2GOOD

Activity: 547
Merit: 531

First bits: 12good

View Profile WWW
December 10, 2012, 10:37:56 PM

bitpay.com is good, but I'm not sure about OSCommerce, you can contact them.

You can also check this:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=67166.0

joecascio

Activity: 137
Merit: 100

Semi-retired software developer, tech consultant

View Profile WWW
December 10, 2012, 10:42:04 PM

Not a new wallet, but a new bitcoin ID, or payment address within the same wallet, is recommended to keep track of payments from different buyers.

Joe Cascio
Python/Django & Android developer
Twitter: @joecascio
Stephen Gornick
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1010

View Profile
December 11, 2012, 08:20:40 AM

Not a new wallet, but a new bitcoin ID, or payment address within the same wallet, is recommended to keep track of payments from different buyers.

Yes.  CoinDL.com was created with this, for instance.

- http://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/OsCommerce_Bitcoin_Payment_Module

Unichange.me

█
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █

Kris
Donator

Activity: 640
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 11, 2012, 02:52:48 PM

I had a good talk with cubicdissection, and I hope you got all your questions answered  Smiley

If you wish to sell to people not having a WalletBit account it is as simply as them clicking on:

Don't have a WalletBit account?
Pay with your Bitcoin wallet as a WalletBit guest

In the checkout process. This will generate a bitcoin address and QR code for you to scan in order to pay the invoice.

When payment is done, the QR code will switch to show a receipt QR code, so your customers can scan this as well and receive a receipt for the purchase if they do not use WalletBit or WalletBit Mobile.

Our system will send the IPN (Instant Payment Notification) to your system, to let it know the purchase was completed successfully. It doesnt matter if you pay with a WalletBit account or if you pay with your own bitcoin wallet or similar.
CIYAM
Legendary

Activity: 1890
Merit: 1075

Ian Knowles - CIYAM Lead Developer

View Profile WWW
December 11, 2012, 02:56:33 PM

If you wish to sell to people not having a WalletBit account it is as simply as them clicking on:

Don't have a WalletBit account?
Pay with your Bitcoin wallet as a WalletBit guest

In the checkout process. This will generate a bitcoin address and QR code for you to scan in order to pay the invoice.

I can verify that this is indeed correct and am satisfied that paying with BTC via WalletBit using sites is fee free for the payer if they want to use their own wallet. Smiley

With CIYAM anyone can create 100% generated C++ web applications in literally minutes.

GPG Public Key | 1ciyam3htJit1feGa26p2wQ4aw6KFTejU
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: