Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 10:44:09 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: btc and forex  (Read 802 times)
shiunsai (OP)

Activity: 759
Merit: 505

View Profile
December 11, 2012, 12:46:21 AM

Aren't they basically the same thing, what's the difference?
Akka
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 11, 2012, 12:53:49 AM

Aren't they basically the same thing, what's the difference?

You mean trading? So trading the currency Bitcoin is the same as trading other currencys?

You don't say Sherlock.

All previous versions of currency will no longer be supported as of this update
shiunsai (OP)

View Profile
December 11, 2012, 04:36:22 AM

maybe i should have elaborated cous i asked about differences, does btc have all the capabilities that are in forex, like if i were to try to make covered calls with options, which sites can offer that and if there is, how liquid are these markets?
Foxpup
Legendary

Activity: 4368
Merit: 3060

Vile Vixen and Miss Bitcointalk 2021-2023

View Profile
December 11, 2012, 07:08:01 AM

You seem to be a little confused about what Bitcoin is. Bitcoin is two things: it is a currency and it is a payment network for that currency. Nothing more. There are various exchanges which allow you to trade bitcoins for other currencies in the same way as regular forex markets (though I don't think many (if any) currently offer options, though it is likely they will once the market is more mature), but Bitcoin itself is not a forex market.

The Bitcoin market is currently not very liquid at all, with a market cap of only $140M, and only a tiny fraction of the bitcoins in circulation are actually available for sale on the various exchanges. You will have much trouble buying or selling bitcoins in large amounts (depending on your definition of "large").

Will pretend to do unspeakable things (while actually eating a taco) for bitcoins: 1K6d1EviQKX3SVKjPYmJGyWBb1avbmCFM4
I am not on the scammers' paradise known as Telegram! Do not believe anyone claiming to be me off-forum without a signed message from the above address! Accept no excuses and make no exceptions!
tgdser

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 11, 2012, 07:40:26 AM

BTC
Stephen Gornick
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1010

View Profile
December 11, 2012, 07:56:40 AM

maybe i should have elaborated cous i asked about differences, does btc have all the capabilities that are in forex, like if i were to try to make covered calls with options, which sites can offer that and if there is, how liquid are these markets?

Here are some financial investment services:
 - https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Trade#Financial

Liquidity is low with most

Unichange.me

█
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █

shiunsai (OP)

View Profile
December 11, 2012, 05:38:52 PM

Ohhh okay yup, i read over those and agree with you on the liquidity, kind of what I thought. Well, i can't wait for what the new fiscal year has for us Smiley, thanks!
Damian

Activity: 3

View Profile
December 12, 2012, 06:15:59 PM

May b im not fully understand. Are you asking about btc bank and forex?
shiunsai (OP)

View Profile
December 12, 2012, 08:30:35 PM

just how similar and how different forex and btc/nmc/etc are in terms of liquidity and different ways of trading on them
rafalboro.pl

Activity: 7

View Profile WWW
December 12, 2012, 09:19:55 PM

FOREX is a very, very complex trading market. Don't even think about trying it before reading a few thick books!
BTC is very uncertain almost like a mystery.
shiunsai (OP)

View Profile
December 18, 2012, 04:45:24 AM

yeah, tell me about it with forex being complex, lost and gained a lot of money, took my focus off it when it was taking it away from school heh.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: