Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 11:45:15 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is it possible to recognize that someone is using 2nd hand account?  (Read 2639 times)
sardasa (OP)

Activity: 1064
Merit: 502

* Buying Bitcoin *

View Profile
December 23, 2015, 11:51:49 PM

Accounts can be bought/sold here.
Imagine a situation where xyz sells his account to someone then is it possible to recognize that the person behind the account is real xyz or the one who bought it?

Important point to note here is xyz has got fairly good trust score. So, the new person can even misuse the account.

It depends from the style of writing and from many other thing. But I think that an IP control would be great in way to check some man who has more than one account.
They don't have issues with creating multiple accounts on this forum.

subSTRATA
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1043

:^)

View Profile
December 24, 2015, 12:06:22 AM

-

Just ask yourself & analyze the amount of scams happen here which involve newbie dealing with a newbie.
Don't you think if Junior member restriction is applied then scams would reduce?
not necessarily. it might reduce the number of scam attempts, (ex newbie member, first post saying 'my million dollars papal for your btc you send first'), but imo members that would have gotten scammed by a new account will probably have gotten scammed regardless of weather or not the scammer was using a newbie or junior account. worded kinda badly, hope it made sense.

-

For me your answers look like as if you have given up and there is no hope to rectify the current situation of this forum.
Shouldn't it be moral responsibility of administration of this forum to control scams here? If not then why do they send note in red for PMs sent by Newbies?

no, you should be able to look out for yourself and identify a scam and avoid it. how many threads involving trades do you think there are on this thread? you cannot leave the active monitoring and judgement of all of those trades to the two admins of the forum. they have better things to do, better admin-y things. its also not the job of the moderators either. their job is to clean up the forum in terms fo moving posts where they belong, banning spammers, deleting off topic stuff, yada yada. these people arent the police and have no obligation to be.

-
If you have openly created a thread that you sold your a/c then you should not be held responsible for scams.
If you go by my 1st logic: Selling accounts SHOULD NOT be permitted. If you sell your account even on other site then also you are held responsible for anything that happens with this account. Lets say if your account is hacked then forum admin can drop an e-mail to your registered e-mail id & inform you to login ASAP and see what's wrong with the account. Similarly if hacker did any scam using your a/c then you should repay for the losses.
permitted or not, account trades will happen. its more or less safer for account traders (sellers and buyers likewise) if account trading is allowed and allowed to be taken on the forum. if they were banned, account trades would happen regardless offsite, and multiple problems would arise, not limited to but including repossession scams by the seller, straight up scamming without the presence of escrow, etc. to clarify what i mean by 'repossession scam,' in the event that account trades were forbidden, the forum admins would have no choice but to return the sold (offsite) account to the seller (since account trades are forbidden, the ruling would automatically become 'the account was hacked') potentially abetting the seller in scamming the account buyer out of whatever he paid for the account.

theres nothing here. message me if you want to put something here.
sardasa (OP)

* Buying Bitcoin *

View Profile
December 24, 2015, 12:13:19 AM

-

Just ask yourself & analyze the amount of scams happen here which involve newbie dealing with a newbie.
Don't you think if Junior member restriction is applied then scams would reduce?
not necessarily. it might reduce the number of scam attempts, (ex newbie member, first post saying 'my million dollars papal for your btc you send first'), but imo members that would have gotten scammed by a new account will probably have gotten scammed regardless of weather or not the scammer was using a newbie or junior account. worded kinda badly, hope it made sense.

-

For me your answers look like as if you have given up and there is no hope to rectify the current situation of this forum.
Shouldn't it be moral responsibility of administration of this forum to control scams here? If not then why do they send note in red for PMs sent by Newbies?

no, you should be able to look out for yourself and identify a scam and avoid it. how many threads involving trades do you think there are on this thread? you cannot leave the active monitoring and judgement of all of those trades to the two admins of the forum. they have better things to do, better admin-y things. its also not the job of the moderators either. their job is to clean up the forum in terms fo moving posts where they belong, banning spammers, deleting off topic stuff, yada yada. these people arent the police and have no obligation to be.

-
If you have openly created a thread that you sold your a/c then you should not be held responsible for scams.
If you go by my 1st logic: Selling accounts SHOULD NOT be permitted. If you sell your account even on other site then also you are held responsible for anything that happens with this account. Lets say if your account is hacked then forum admin can drop an e-mail to your registered e-mail id & inform you to login ASAP and see what's wrong with the account. Similarly if hacker did any scam using your a/c then you should repay for the losses.
permitted or not, account trades will happen. its more or less safer for account traders (sellers and buyers likewise) if account trading is allowed and allowed to be taken on the forum. if they were banned, account trades would happen regardless offsite, and multiple problems would arise, not limited to but including repossession scams by the seller, straight up scamming without the presence of escrow, etc. to clarify what i mean by 'repossession scam,' in the event that account trades were forbidden, the forum admins would have no choice but to return the sold (offsite) account to the seller (since account trades are forbidden, the ruling would automatically become 'the account was hacked') potentially abetting the seller in scamming the account buyer out of whatever he paid for the account.

Another mexxer-2.

Why even have moderators on the forum at all? Don't they have better things in the real life to do ?

Illogical arguments at its best given by so called Hero & Legendary members of this forum who think that forum spamming by allowing users to post referral link as part of their OP is bigger issue than innocent users who get scammed here & loose their hard earned money.

subSTRATA
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1043

:^)

View Profile
December 24, 2015, 12:24:02 AM

Another mexxer-2.
you mean another person that uses their brain? ok.

Why even have moderators on the forum at all? Don't they have better things in the real life to do ?
if youre asking this, then you probably dont know what the moderators do. again, theyre not the morals police, theyre moderators.

Illogical arguments
please point out where my explanation and whoever elses' are illogical. then again...

forum spamming by allowing users to post referral link as part of their OP is bigger issue than innocent users who get scammed here & loose their hard earned money.
as soon as you play the sig spam card, its more or less apparent you dont have anything as a rebuttal. im starting to think youre just trolling at this point. well whatever.

theres nothing here. message me if you want to put something here.
sardasa (OP)

* Buying Bitcoin *

View Profile
December 24, 2015, 12:27:03 AM

forum spamming by allowing users to post referral link as part of their OP is bigger issue than innocent users who get scammed here & loose their hard earned money.
as soon as you play the sig spam card, its more or less apparent you dont have anything as a rebuttal. im starting to think youre just trolling at this point. well whatever.

Please use your eyes & read properly.
If you cant understand then it's not my moral responsibility to make you understand the difference b/w sig spamming & placing referral link as part of OP being considered as spam on this forum

and you argue with me thinking that you got sound head and using it..such a pity dude...

Heutenamos

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

Act #Neutral,Think y'self as a citizen of Universe

View Profile
December 24, 2015, 08:12:58 AM

the difference b/w sig spamming & placing referral link as part of OP being considered as spam on this forum
The difference doesn't matters anymore.There are rules and you need to follow them cause you can't change it until you have found a solution where more than half of the community members agree with it and i don't see that happening.

yo
sardasa (OP)

* Buying Bitcoin *

View Profile
December 24, 2015, 08:43:34 AM

the difference b/w sig spamming & placing referral link as part of OP being considered as spam on this forum
The difference doesn't matters anymore.There are rules and you need to follow them cause you can't change it until you have found a solution where more than half of the community members agree with it and i don't see that happening.

Yep, I saw that. Priority of this forum administration is to control spam by implementing as many rules & policies as possible BUT not even try to control scam by implementing any rules or policies. No one is coming up with suggestions, all of them are just opposing whatever has been proposed to control scams here.

Funny party: As mentioned by you most of the forum agrees to it.

sho_road_warrior

Activity: 114
Merit: 10

PMs blocked, send answers to main.

View Profile
December 24, 2015, 08:48:54 AM

So I get a mail, how does that hold me responsible for a scam with the account I just sold off-site?

┏(-_-)┛┗(-_- )┓┗(-_-)┛┏(-_-)┓
bitcoingrw

Activity: 174
Merit: 100

Being Human

View Profile
December 24, 2015, 08:49:31 AM

Accounts can be bought/sold here.
Imagine a situation where xyz sells his account to someone then is it possible to recognize that the person behind the account is real xyz or the one who bought it?

Important point to note here is xyz has got fairly good trust score. So, the new person can even misuse the account.
thats what i feell ike doing cause i got rep abused for no reason.
sardasa (OP)

* Buying Bitcoin *

View Profile
December 24, 2015, 08:50:45 AM

So I get a mail, how does that hold me responsible for a scam with the account I just sold off-site?

You will have scam accusation thread against YOU.  
In any case, if you have sold the account then you won't care about what's happening with your account BUT if we had this POLICY that accounts can not be sold then YOU would have been held responsible for this & YOUR account should have been banned.

Heutenamos

View Profile
December 24, 2015, 08:56:37 AM

Yep, I saw that. Priority of this forum administration is to control spam by implementing as many rules & policies as possible BUT not even try to control scam by implementing any rules or policies. No one is coming up with suggestions, all of them are just opposing whatever has been proposed to control scams here.

Funny party: As mentioned by you most of the forum agrees to it.
Most of the forum agrees to it because what you say is utter foolishness with no achievements by doing it.People should have the common sense to understand the consequences of their trade/deal whatever.

Now,if we put your question out of the forum then what are governments doing for the ton load of scams ,crimes increasing day by day ? It never ends and the best solution is that the people should take the required precautionary measures.

In any case, if you have sold the account then you won't care about what's happening with your account BUT if we had this POLICY that accounts can not be sold then YOU would have been held responsible for this & YOUR account should have been banned.
Yes but what if the guy himself scams after building all the reputation required to do one ?
what after making a scam accusation against him ? does it solves the issue ? No, the scam has already taken place and there is no fruit in banning the scammer/user except the useless satisfaction of the victim.

yo
sardasa (OP)

* Buying Bitcoin *

View Profile
December 24, 2015, 08:59:41 AM

Most of the forum agrees to it because what you say is utter foolishness with no achievements by doing it.People should have the common sense to understand the consequences of their trade/deal whatever.

Now,if we put your question out of the forum then what are governments doing for the ton load of scams ,crimes increasing day by day ? It never ends and the best solution is that the people should take the required precautionary measures.

So you think there are no agencies established that are trying to control scams/money laundering in real world ?
Please read this article: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Money_laundering

Heutenamos

View Profile
December 24, 2015, 09:03:14 AM

So you think there are no agencies established that are trying to control scams/money laundering in real world ?
what is the outcome after having several agencies for that ? some people need to taste the fire in order to know the consequences and avoid it in the future.You can't help everyone. Undecided
Wikipedia is not reliable.

yo
sardasa (OP)

* Buying Bitcoin *

View Profile
December 24, 2015, 09:07:38 AM

what is the outcome after having several agencies for that ? some people need to taste the fire in order to know the consequences and avoid it in the future.You can't help everyone. Undecided

Look at your logic Sir: Wikipedia is not reliable. We should not try to do anything to control scams.
We should read to your comments & wait for people to get scammed here or in real world.

Implementing controls would reduce scams. I never said that implementing controls/rules/policies would stop scams.
Implementing controls is in our hands but preventing scammers from scamming is not. Still, if the controls are implemented then scams would reduce.

Joel_Jantsen
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1308

Get your game girl

View Profile
December 24, 2015, 09:14:11 AM

Okay first off all,instead of criticizing whats been put up for the rest of us by the forum, tell me how much effort have you taken to control the spam? Why should you care right ? "You're not being paid to do so".Sames goes to admins/staffs, they do have a life outside this forum and they can't waste their 24 hours monitoring the scams around here and obviously they're "not paid" .Why don't you start paying couple of people monthly for reducing the spam? Would you ? No one has personally invited you to join the forum or the internet,its your choice .Since you're here,you must know all the possible trends in the market including scams.For your information,in every thread there is a detailed post glued on "how to be safe" and still if you fall a victim of scam, the admins/staffs are not to be blamed but your stupidity and lack of awareness.As far as the account sales are concerned,we have sell here for Netflix,spotify,Brazzers,etc which cannot be controlled by any of this companies .Similarly,taking off account sales is not going to help anyway .
Heutenamos

View Profile
December 24, 2015, 09:55:55 AM

Look at your logic Sir: Wikipedia is not reliable. We should not try to do anything to control scams.
We should read to your comments & wait for people to get scammed here or in real world.

Implementing controls would reduce scams. I never said that implementing controls/rules/policies would stop scams.
Implementing controls is in our hands but preventing scammers from scamming is not. Still, if the controls are implemented then scams would reduce.
what makes you think there is no prevention over scams ? many DT members are active most of the time for such reasons.People who ignore the negative rating's and require more help then they should ask for it.
I remember asking sebastianju about a lot things i never understand or which seemed fishy to me while i was a newbie.

yo
shorena
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1520

No I dont escrow anymore.

View Profile WWW
December 24, 2015, 10:03:52 AM

How? You just have my mail address.

Im not really here, its just your imagination.
redsn0w
Legendary

Activity: 1778
Merit: 1042

#Free market

View Profile
December 24, 2015, 10:08:46 AM

Yes, in some case it's possible to recognize that someone is using a second account (alt-account) ... see the quickseller story.
sardasa (OP)

* Buying Bitcoin *

View Profile
December 24, 2015, 10:10:13 AM

Yes but what if the guy himself scams after building all the reputation required to do one ?
what after making a scam accusation against him ? does it solves the issue ? No, the scam has already taken place and there is no fruit in banning the scammer/user except the useless satisfaction of the victim.

You added it later, that's why could not reply to it.
Lets say your family member is murdered brutally by someone. Now tell what would you do?

sardasa (OP)

* Buying Bitcoin *

View Profile
December 24, 2015, 10:12:10 AM

Okay first off all,instead of criticizing whats been put up for the rest of us by the forum, tell me how much effort have you taken to control the spam? Why should you care right ? "You're not being paid to do so".Sames goes to admins/staffs, they do have a life outside this forum and they can't waste their 24 hours monitoring the scams around here and obviously they're "not paid" .Why don't you start paying couple of people monthly for reducing the spam? Would you ? No one has personally invited you to join the forum or the internet,its your choice .Since you're here,you must know all the possible trends in the market including scams.For your information,in every thread there is a detailed post glued on "how to be safe" and still if you fall a victim of scam, the admins/staffs are not to be blamed but your stupidity and lack of awareness.As far as the account sales are concerned,we have sell here for Netflix,spotify,Brazzers,etc which cannot be controlled by any of this companies .Similarly,taking off account sales is not going to help anyway .

None of the admin/mod is supposed to spend 24 hours on this forum.
If you read my earlier replies, I am asking for rules/policies to be implemented by coding these features not manual intervention.
Once they're coded then its all automated, there is no moderation required.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: