Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 04:58:40 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Problem with bitcoin core  (Read 1082 times)
Ziat (OP)

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 23, 2015, 11:00:32 PM

Hi everyone!

I'm a young french boy,so my language is not too "perfect"!

I need some help from you...

I've a problem with bitcoin core : I was refreshing (synchronizing) it,but,suddenly,it told me on the window : "Error : a fatal internal error occurred,see debug.log for details."

Since this,it's IMPOSSIBLE to open it... The message appears when the blocks are "checking" (with %). Same,after re-installed it 4 times. (last time 10 minutes ago)
I've save my first "wallet.dat"(this where I had money),the problem is that I can't open bitcoin core...

I had some money on my wallet,and I wouldn't want to lost it... Does someone can help me?

Thank you early! And tell me if you don't understand something!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
shorena
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1520

No I dont escrow anymore.

View Profile WWW
December 23, 2015, 11:02:44 PM

Hi everyone!

I've a problem with bitcoin core : I was refreshing (synchronizing) it,but,suddenly,it told me on the window : "Error : a fatal internal error occurred,see debug.log for details."

Since this,it's IMPOSSIBLE to open it... The message appears when the blocks are "checking" (with %). Same,after re-installed it 4 times. (last time 10 minutes ago)
I've save my first "wallet.dat"(this where I had money),the problem is that I can't open bitcoin core...

I had some money on my wallet,and I wouldn't want to lost it... Does someone can help me?

Your coins are fine, the question is what the best way to fix the issue is.

What does it say in the debug.log?

Im not really here, its just your imagination.
GoldTiger69

Activity: 582
Merit: 502

View Profile WWW
December 23, 2015, 11:04:07 PM

Hi everyone!

If you have a backup of the wallet.dat file with your bitcoins in it, just go to the hidden bitcoin directory and erase everything there. The location varies depending if you are using Windows or Linux.

After erasing that directory, install Bitcoin core again and replace the wallet.dat file with your saved wallet.dat file.

I can help you to restore/recover your wallet or password.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1234619.0
Ziat (OP)

View Profile
December 23, 2015, 11:20:31 PM

Thanks for replying fast!

shorena : in debug.log (it is called only "debug") the last messages are :

"2015-12-23 22:56:38 ERROR: CheckProofOfWork(): nBits below minimum work
2015-12-23 22:56:38 ERROR: ReadBlockFromDisk: Errors in block header at CBlockDiskPos(nFile=27, nPos=119786418)
2015-12-23 22:56:38 *** Failed to read block"

goldtiger69 : Yes,but I've already exchanged my 2 two files (wallet.dat,debug,blocks,chainstate,......). I know the location of this fles,I'm using Windows.
                   I've just retry to exchange the data (the old wallet.dat and the last),and it is the same... I can't open Bitcoin Core,after the loading of   blocks.                     

GoldTiger69

Activity: 582
Merit: 502

View Profile WWW
December 23, 2015, 11:31:17 PM

2015-12-23 22:56:38 ERROR: ReadBlockFromDisk: Errors in block header at CBlockDiskPos(nFile=27, nPos=119786418)

goldtiger69 : Yes,but I've already exchanged my 2 two files (wallet.dat,debug,blocks,chainstate,......). I know the location of this fles,I'm using Windows.
                   I've just retry to exchange the data (the old wallet.dat and the last),and it is the same... I can't open Bitcoin Core,after the loading of   blocks.                    

Keep your backup safe, erase every directory of Bitcoin: the regular one and the hidden one; re-install Bitcoin core from zero.

If that doesn't work, then check the files that you are using to install Bitcoin; they might be corrupted or something.

And like Shorena said: just to have a hint, check the debug file, maybe there is something wrong on your system, like ports or something.

Hope that helps, and you're welcome.

PS: Btw, when you re-install Bitcoin core, ONLY replace wallet.dat, no other file.

I can help you to restore/recover your wallet or password.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1234619.0
Bitcoin 420

Activity: 29

View Profile WWW
December 24, 2015, 02:31:55 AM

Do you use the actuell version of the Bitcoin qt wallet?

Would be great to know Wink
shorena
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1520

No I dont escrow anymore.

View Profile WWW
December 24, 2015, 11:20:49 AM

I've just retry to exchange the data (the old wallet.dat and the last),and it is the same... I can't open Bitcoin Core,after the loading of   blocks.                     

As GoldTiger69 said delete all files in the folders blocks and chainstate you will need to redownload bitcoin core.

Alternativly you can try to just delete file 27 (so blk00027.dat and rev00027.dat in blocks), but IIRC it does not help.

You might also want to check if you have anti virus software running that might cause the issue. You should exclude the blocks and chainstate folder as someone uploaded virus signatures into the blockchain a while back.

Finally it might be a sign that your disk is failing.

Im not really here, its just your imagination.
Ziat (OP)

View Profile
December 25, 2015, 12:50:02 PM

Hi!

I've found a solution!

At the present time,I'm on another computer. I've try to install bitcoin core : successfully!

So,I'm gonna exchange the "wallet.dat" of this software,with the other "wallet.dat" from the software of my computer. When it will be finish,I will send my bitcoin to my new bitcoin adress : I've downloaded Electrum.

If it doesn't work,I'll be back here for more help!

But,thank you for your replies! Have a good day,and merry christlas!
HarHarHar9965

Activity: 994
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 26, 2015, 04:59:22 AM

Hi everyone!

I think there is a bug in the windows version that can corrupt the database when you shutdown the client. You might want to try reindexing the blockchain or reinstalling the blockchain but use the same wallet, or try to export your private keys and import them into a different wallet such as multibit.
Jet Cash
Legendary

Activity: 2716
Merit: 2456

https://JetCash.com

View Profile WWW
December 29, 2015, 07:56:57 PM

I think there is a bug in the windows version that can corrupt the database when you shutdown the client. You might want to try reindexing the blockchain or reinstalling the blockchain but use the same wallet, or try to export your private keys and import them into a different wallet such as multibit.

That sounds as if we should copy the blockchain onto an SDcard in case we have to re-install. I don't want to go through the wait whilst downloading again. Smiley

Offgrid campers allow you to enjoy life and preserve your health and wealth.
Save old Cars - my project to save old cars from scrapage schemes, and to reduce the sale of new cars.
My new Bitcoin transfer address is - bc1q9gtz8e40en6glgxwk4eujuau2fk5wxrprs6fys
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: