Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 07:44:44 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: bad idea :(  (Read 3068 times)
mah87 (OP)
Donator

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

-Bitcoin & Ripple-

View Profile
December 11, 2012, 10:26:04 AM
Last edit: February 26, 2013, 07:37:00 AM by mah87

I can't afford 100 000 ltc of course...
Kupsi
Legendary

Activity: 1193
Merit: 1003

9.9.2012: I predict that single digits... <- FAIL

View Profile
December 11, 2012, 01:23:44 PM

New vendors will choose Bitcoin because of the network effect, so I believe it's a bad idea to invest in Litecoin.
HDSolar

Activity: 386
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
December 11, 2012, 01:38:15 PM

Not trying to knock Litecoin but I agree with the above statement.  Now if you have an online venture that took both BTC and Lite that might be of value both to you and Litecoin. 

I would say the real value to Litecoin is to mine more of them with current gear then you could with bitcoin and then to trade for bitcoin but that is just an idea.

Get paid to be social and visit HypeWizard today!  www.hypewiz.com
AR-15 80% at www.uspatriotarmory.com
my Cryptanalys.is profile
Liquid

Activity: 826
Merit: 500

Crypto Somnium

View Profile
December 11, 2012, 02:35:40 PM

Its a good idea go for it i say

Buy now cry later

Bitcoin will show the world what hard money really is.
Greedi

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

LitecoinTalk

View Profile WWW
December 11, 2012, 04:47:56 PM

I think you'll get better answer on LitecoinTalk

LitecoinTalk - Sign up today!
Try out LTC-Aarade!
Buy Shares!
wikiaki

Activity: 91
Merit: 10

DATABLOCKCHAIN.IO SALE IS LIVE | MVP @ DBC.IO

View Profile
December 11, 2012, 04:51:58 PM

Read below \/  Cool

Kupsi
Legendary

Activity: 1193

9.9.2012: I predict that single digits... <- FAIL

View Profile
December 11, 2012, 07:26:44 PM

I think you'll get better answer on LitecoinTalk

Better or other answers?  Grin
wikiaki

Activity: 91
Merit: 10

DATABLOCKCHAIN.IO SALE IS LIVE | MVP @ DBC.IO

View Profile
December 11, 2012, 07:28:43 PM

Better or other answers? 

+1

tacotime
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1005

View Profile
December 11, 2012, 07:37:33 PM

No one can tell you what the price will be in a while.

What we do know is that GPU mining for BTC is expected to die off around January and February (ASIC adoption), and if you have a GPU left you want to mine with, you'll probably be mining litecoin.

Hence litecoin difficulty is expected to skyrocket.  Combined with the difficulty in producing litecoin mining ASICs or FPGAs because of the algorithm used in hashing, it is predicted litecoin will remain the GPU mined currency for some time.

The current stagnation in price is probably related to the absence of ASIC delivery.

People have been saying different things about LTC for over a year now, but the general trend is that LTC is keeping its value.

Code:
XMR: 44GBHzv6ZyQdJkjqZje6KLZ3xSyN1hBSFAnLP6EAqJtCRVzMzZmeXTC2AHKDS9aEDTRKmo6a6o9r9j86pYfhCWDkKjbtcns
cunicula
Legendary

Activity: 1050

View Profile
December 11, 2012, 07:39:29 PM

I'd invest in PPCoin, but not litecoin.
Mushroomized
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1002

Hello!

View Profile
December 11, 2012, 07:46:09 PM

Maybe. Theres a litecoin stock exchange now.

But it depends on if you think it will get more services, which it needs /badly/.

hi
tatsuchan

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 12, 2012, 12:48:23 AM

LTC (like all currecies) hold a perceived value.  For the last 6 months or so, that has been about 7cents+ USD with it's respective ups and downs.  I have sold and purchased at different times for that amount in BTC.  It has been a great way of trading and investing in BTC.  I don't see LTC folding, but I do see it having days were it might drop low.  I wouldn't worry.  I believe Litecoin's health, and use, moves with the health of bitcoin.

I was an early adopter and dumped my first litecoin hoard in May 2012 and have regreted it since.  I've been holding on to my LTC hoard now, and won't be selling for some time. I wouldn't sell my BTC hoard either.  I believe they are both great investments, although Litecoin might be riskier.  HOWEVER, buying 10,000 litecoins could yield a lot more profit for you if the litecoin market jumps.  Dropped out of the mining game this week, and will only be buying Bitcoin in the future.  I'll still be cashing in at least 30% of that for Litecoin as long as the market/network retains interest & health. 

My investments go like this: 50% Bitcoin, 30%Litecoin, 20% Silver/Copper/Other metals & investments.  I also have a handfull of PPC, but I'm not willing to invest much more than my few bitcoin worth.  I feel like it is TOO risky.  There is high risk in all p2p currencies.  One law passed, MtGox gets hacked, etc...etc... and the price could crash without ever really going up again.  Really, the safest investment you can make right now is pizza & beer.  You should see my nestegg of that spilling over my belt Sad
Chief Satangkai

Activity: 54
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 12, 2012, 06:14:22 PM

My investments go like this: 50% Bitcoin, 30%Litecoin, 20% Silver/Copper/Other metals & investments. 

I got to compliment you on that portfolio ratio!! I too diversify between metals and bitcoin but regretfully
i missed the ltc-train. I still think it might be a good idea to buy some litecoins before the ASICS hit
in mid february. I´m gonna buy myself some anyhows...  Grin
tacotime
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1005

View Profile
December 13, 2012, 05:53:20 PM

My investments go like this: 50% Bitcoin, 30%Litecoin, 20% Silver/Copper/Other metals & investments.  I also have a handfull of PPC, but I'm not willing to invest much more than my few bitcoin worth.  I feel like it is TOO risky.  There is high risk in all p2p currencies.  One law passed, MtGox gets hacked, etc...etc... and the price could crash without ever really going up again.  Really, the safest investment you can make right now is pizza & beer.  You should see my nestegg of that spilling over my belt Sad

I'm holding 80% LTC 20% BTC.

ASICMiner's company should be going live with ASICs on the bitcoin network by the first or second week of January, representing some 20-30 TH/s increase in the network.  However, we should be aware that large scale operations like ASICminer need to dump the BTC they mine into the market to realize USD/EUR profit, in which case I think we'll see crazy BTC volatility in the near future.  As opposed to this, anyone wanting to mine with video cards will have no choice but to move to the litecoin network and the hash rate will skyrocket.

The future is bright for litecoin if you're willing to be patient.

Think about it this way: the BTC network before block halving was about 35 TH/s, of which probably 95% was video cards.  Let's say a little less than half of those GPU miners come to the litecoin network, adding a conservative 15 GH/s.  That would bring the network difficulty up to nearly 500, an order of magnitude or more.

Code:
XMR: 44GBHzv6ZyQdJkjqZje6KLZ3xSyN1hBSFAnLP6EAqJtCRVzMzZmeXTC2AHKDS9aEDTRKmo6a6o9r9j86pYfhCWDkKjbtcns
Mushroomized
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1002

Hello!

View Profile
December 13, 2012, 08:18:26 PM

Also, keep in mind that the majority of the people here will be biased, myself included. (I'm a mod on the litecoin forum and co run a litecoin security...)

But if you ask me I would be probably pretty sure that the investment will be worth it. But by how much I don't know.

hi
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: