Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 08:33:16 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Blockchain transaction fee just got doubled  (Read 1698 times)
mobnepal (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1006

View Profile
December 24, 2015, 09:00:12 AM

Did anybody noticed blockchain now charge 20000 satoshi instead of 10000 for transaction done as quick send.
Is this necessary before block halving ?
helloeverybody
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile WWW
December 24, 2015, 09:08:09 AM

Did anybody noticed blockchain now charge 20000 satoshi instead of 10000 for transaction done as quick send.

I know its only like 9 cents or something but its quite expensive if you used that for micro transactions, Would be perfectly acceptable for any larger amounts though.

bearex

Activity: 560
Merit: 501

View Profile
December 24, 2015, 09:08:25 AM

I saw this and it got me really sad. I mean, the fees are now quite high if you are sending low ammount if Bitcoins, and you want it sent quick.
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4256
Merit: 4532

View Profile
December 24, 2015, 09:09:56 AM

i just checked a few of the most recent blocks and it appears most tx's are still 10000sats.. im guessing your using a service as in 'blockchain.info' rather than blaming the actual miners of bitcoins blockchain

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
avikz
Legendary

Activity: 3122
Merit: 1507

View Profile
December 24, 2015, 09:10:42 AM

That's really sad...I use Blockchain for micro payments....is there any other trustworthy wallet with low fees??    Angry

franky1
Legendary

View Profile
December 24, 2015, 09:14:05 AM

That's really sad...I use Blockchain for micro payments....is there any other trustworthy wallet with low fees??    Angry

for pocket money amounts just to use a wallet with 0 fee.. you could use coinbase.com

Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
funkydog

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 24, 2015, 09:16:01 AM

I also noticed... for small amounts this is not good
avikz
Legendary

View Profile
December 24, 2015, 09:19:15 AM

for pocket money amounts just to use a wallet with 0 fee.. you could use coinbase.com

Is there zero fees for receiving micro payments? Also if I use zero fees, how long it will take the payment to reach my wallet?

bearex

Activity: 560
Merit: 501

View Profile
December 24, 2015, 09:23:35 AM

Maybe they decided they want to make some more money off of this and put up this fee Cheesy
franky1
Legendary

View Profile
December 24, 2015, 09:24:35 AM

Is there zero fees for receiving micro payments? Also if I use zero fees, how long it will take the payment to reach my wallet?

receiving??
lol, coinbase.com cannot control fee's of transactions it receives.. fee's are managed by the sender not the receiver.

sooo
if you had funds in coinbase and were sending it out... you wont have to pay

n2004al
Legendary

Activity: 1134

View Profile
December 24, 2015, 09:31:53 AM

I don't know this because i use Coinbase as wallet and all fees are paid by this wallet. Then I have not seen this possibility (sending quickly bitcoins) within this wallet. I cannot judge if this is a need or a desire to have more those who made the confirmations but I know to tell that is a reverse trend with that which was until today. In time, from the past in our days, the fees of the transactions were decreased. So to tell the right i cannot understand this inversion of tendency. Maybe is a need seeing that to many transactions need more time to be confirmed.
avikz
Legendary

View Profile
December 24, 2015, 09:32:09 AM

receiving??
lol, coinbase.com cannot control fee's of transactions it receives.. fee's are managed by the sender not the receiver.

sooo
if you had funds in coinbase and were sending it out... you wont have to pay

Now got it....Thanks...I am just a newbie in Bitcoin market...so unaware of many things...thanks for clarifying.

pedrog
Legendary

Activity: 2786
Merit: 1031

View Profile
December 24, 2015, 10:27:49 AM

With Blockchain.info you have full control over the fee, if you don't want to pay the fee you don't have to.

If they changed the default fee to 20 000 satoshi that's because the network is congested, there's a limited number of transactions that can go on each block and users with low fee tend to wait a lot of time for confirmation, that decreases user satisfaction and causes a bad experience with bitcoin, you have to thank the development team for this.

mobnepal (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1006

View Profile
December 24, 2015, 10:40:56 AM

But it seems i have to send bitcoin to another coinbase user to transfer with 0 fee. I think this increment is done only by blockchain to speed up the transaction as these days lots of transaction are being confirmed so late.
randy8777
Legendary

Activity: 896

View Profile
December 24, 2015, 10:53:49 AM

with my bitcoin core wallet i can set any kind of fee i want. i always use at least 10k sats, but i am sure it will confirm within 2 blocks if i just add 5k sat fee.
eddie13
Legendary

Activity: 2296
Merit: 2262

BTC or BUST

View Profile
December 24, 2015, 11:02:36 AM

Many new users get there first bitcoins in microtransactions from faucets and such and a big point of this is so they can send some BTC around and get a feel for how it works.

This is quite detrimental to this, these newcomers are going to see high % fees on there transactions like this and be turned off to the whole BTC environment due to this. I really think all this transactions fees raising stuff is going to hurt new user adoption, there must be a better way..

Chancellor on Brink of Second Bailout for Banks
Umworpol

Activity: 123
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 24, 2015, 11:06:05 AM

really ?

or did it make the chain goes faster ?
Slark
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1004

View Profile
December 24, 2015, 11:11:46 AM

This is service discussion and not bitcoin discussion nothing has changed 'bitcoin wise'. These transaction fees are managed by wallet provider not by network/miners itself.
eddie13
Legendary

Activity: 2296
Merit: 2262

BTC or BUST

View Profile
December 24, 2015, 11:16:08 AM

As far as I know no fees make the chain go faster, higher fees just kindof let you cut in line and get your transaction processed before others with lower fees..

Higher fees are supposed to help mitigate spam attacks, where people send tons of transactions to clutter up the network to hurt BTC, this makes these attacks more expensive.

But think about it, if USA, Russia, or China gov't want to do an attack like this to stop Bitcoin do you really think that they care if it costs them $1,000,000 to do it? I doubt they even care whether it costs $10k or $1mm, doesn't make a bit of difference to them really you think?

If it's just a matter of how much money it costs to stop Bitcoin. Do you really think we will be able to outspend the big dogs with transaction fees if they decide to do this? I think not..  

Chancellor on Brink of Second Bailout for Banks
redsn0w
Legendary

Activity: 1778
Merit: 1042

#Free market

View Profile
December 24, 2015, 11:25:26 AM

I suggest you this site : http://estimatefee.appspot.com/  to check the 'estimate fee' that you should pay to have your tx included in the first BTC block.

Thanks to RCasatta
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: