Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 02:01:21 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Miner Pro / Mining Pool  (Read 2440 times)
fandicapping (OP)

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 03, 2016, 05:02:14 PM

So I'm trying this Miner Pro app on my phone just so I can get my feet wet and learn a little by doing.  I was just wondering what would be a good pool to get set up with.  I'm guessing that I would be best setting it up on scrypt mode and mining LTC, DOGE, etc but wasn't sure if there were certain pools that are better for this?  Any help would be appreciated.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 03, 2016, 06:47:51 PM

So I'm trying this Miner Pro app on my phone just so I can get my feet wet and learn a little by doing.  I was just wondering what would be a good pool to get set up with.  I'm guessing that I would be best setting it up on scrypt mode and mining LTC, DOGE, etc but wasn't sure if there were certain pools that are better for this?  Any help would be appreciated.

Are you saying you are trying to mine on your phone?  If so very bad idea... you are going to push your phone and it will get hot most likely it's not designed for 24x7 being pushed.

GPU and CPU mining are done it just does not make enough money.  I suggest looking into asics if you truly want to mine, and look at BTC mining as it is best to start off with I think.
fandicapping (OP)

View Profile
January 03, 2016, 07:47:43 PM

Are you saying you are trying to mine on your phone?  If so very bad idea... you are going to push your phone and it will get hot most likely it's not designed for 24x7 being pushed.

GPU and CPU mining are done it just does not make enough money.  I suggest looking into asics if you truly want to mine, and look at BTC mining as it is best to start off with I think.

I probably won't be running it 24/7 but I just wanted to try to accumulate at least some kind of coin before I invest in anything.  So far my phone is mining at 2,400khs/s seemingly without getting hot.  I'm also doing this on Eligius pool and not sure if it will ever payout anything at this rate.  I'm still very new to this and really just wanted to play with it and learn something more so than try to make any money.  I figure I'm just trying to get a cheap education.
fandicapping (OP)

View Profile
January 03, 2016, 07:55:23 PM

I was going to try cloud mining with hashnest but it seems like they are sold out of S7.  Also not sure if I would want to spend more than $100 on playing around for educational purposes.  I am open to ideas about the best way to play around with minimal investment if ROI isn't important to me.
VirosaGITS
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1068

View Profile
January 03, 2016, 11:33:27 PM

I probably won't be running it 24/7 but I just wanted to try to accumulate at least some kind of coin before I invest in anything.  So far my phone is mining at 2,400khs/s seemingly without getting hot.  I'm also doing this on Eligius pool and not sure if it will ever payout anything at this rate.  I'm still very new to this and really just wanted to play with it and learn something more so than try to make any money.  I figure I'm just trying to get a cheap education.

You are wasting your time and stressing your phone for absolutely 0. You wont earn any kind of coin with this, ever. You're looking at 24 satoshi per year. You need a million of these for 0.01BTC.

Get a sidehack USB miner stick if you want the minimalist way of earning dust. Even a one GH/s stick taking 0.5~1watt would equal to 1 000 000 kh/s. And that is still dust you can't do anything with.

▄▄█████▄▄
                    ▐████████████▄
                   ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▌
             █▄  ▄█▀           ▀▀█
              ▀▀▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   █▄   ▄

▄▀▀         ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀
         ▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄ ▄▀▀▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▄
         ████▒▒███    ████▒▒████▌
    ▀█▄ ▀
███████▄ ███▒▒███      ██▒▒█████       ▀█▄
 ███████ ▀█▒▒████     ▄█▒▒█████▀         ▀█ ▄  ▄▄
  ██████  ▌▀▀█████▄▄▄███████▀▀            ███▄███▌
 █████████  █████▀▀█▀▀██████▌             ██████▀
 ▀█████████ ███▄  ███   ▐███▌ ▄██       ▄█████▀
     ▀▀    ▀▀███████████████▄▄████▄▄▄▄█▀▀▀▀▀
               ▀▀▀███▀▀▀      ██████▄
                               ▀▀▀▀▀

▄█████████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████████
█████████▀▀█████████▀▀█████████
███████ ▄▀▀         ▀▀▄ ███████
██████                   ██████
█████▌     ▄▄     ▄▄     ▐█████
█████     ████   ████     █████
█████      ▀▀     ▀▀      █████
█████▄   ▀▄▄▄     ▄▄▄▀   ▄█████
████████▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄████████
 ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
January 04, 2016, 07:42:24 AM
Last edit: January 05, 2016, 07:44:30 AM by Amph

I was going to try cloud mining with hashnest but it seems like they are sold out of S7.  Also not sure if I would want to spend more than $100 on playing around for educational purposes.  I am open to ideas about the best way to play around with minimal investment if ROI isn't important to me.

yeah they have the limit set to one unit, that's the bad part about their hash purchase, you can't buy small portion

you might try with bit-x but they don't have the s7 yet
notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 04, 2016, 04:38:38 PM

I was going to try cloud mining with hashnest but it seems like they are sold out of S7.  Also not sure if I would want to spend more than $100 on playing around for educational purposes.  I am open to ideas about the best way to play around with minimal investment if ROI isn't important to me.

yeah they have the limit set to one unit, that's the bad part about their hash purchase, you can buy small portion

you might try with bit-x but they don't have the s7 yet

I don't know that they will unless I missed something.  When they went big last time they bought Bitfury on Bit-x.

Hasnest you can get a s7 in the cloud if you want it right now.  But always do ROI math OP.  But in all seriousness do not mine on your phone it's just asking for trouble.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: