Bitcoin Forum
June 18, 2024, 10:44:21 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin exchange in Europe?  (Read 1188 times)
aBitNew (OP)

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 24, 2015, 05:38:24 PM

I've read Coinbase works with European banks, but the fact that it's based in the U.S. is very concerning to me (I assume they would have to hand over my bitcoins if Uncle Sam decided he wanted them).

Are there any reputable bitcoin exchanges that are not based in the U.S. that work with European (and specifically French) banks?
azguard
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1001

Crypto-News.net: News from Crypto World

View Profile
December 24, 2015, 05:59:54 PM

try then btc-e and bittrex they are in europe for sure
also have positive experience with btc-e but they have little coins on exchange

▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
          ▄██████████████████▄
       ▄████████████████████████▄
 ▄▄  ▄████████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████████████▄
 ▀▀█████████████████████████████████▄
   ██████████████████████████████████
   ▀████████████████████████████████▀
    ▀██████████████████████████████▀
     ▀▀██████████████████████████▀
        ▀██████████████████████▀
           ▀▀▀████████████▀▀▀

gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3014

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
December 24, 2015, 08:25:54 PM

You should never leave coins on an exchange anyway so it's a bit moot worrying about The Man confiscating them.

The big ones will be Kraken, that's a Euro market but it's San Francisco based so that might be a turn off for you. Bitstamp is Slovenia based but you'd have to wait for them to convert your money into dollars. There's also Bitcoin.de which is p2p but very rapid. I'm not sure what the score is for non Germans.

I wouldn't bother with btc-e myself. It's expensive and time consuming to get money on and off there.
bitlancr

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 24, 2015, 09:44:31 PM

Living in Europe i can advice kraken. I got some very good experience with them.
I also trust them with around 5k EURO on the exchange. (fiat offcourse, my bitcoins are safely in my wallet.
Oscoda

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 24, 2015, 11:46:55 PM

I like the dutch site bitonic.nl they are well known here and reliable.
If you are looking for an international party then coinbase is good too.
Biochemical

Activity: 129

View Profile
December 24, 2015, 11:56:22 PM

I don't get it.

What do you want?

1. Bitcoin wallet (to store your bitcoins)
2. To sell your bitcoins and get your cash on paypal or something?
3. To buybitcoins ?

aBitNew (OP)

View Profile
December 25, 2015, 07:47:01 AM

I'm really new to bitcoins, so thanks for your help!

I purchased bitcoins on Coinbase and they are now in my Coinbase wallet. I am wanting:

1. To move them to someplace safer than a U.S. based exchange
2. Have the ability to sell some of my bitcoins as needed in exchange for fiat (Euros) and easily transfer to my French bank account

I have read about offline wallets (storing on my laptop), but it concerns me because if my laptop were stolen I would be screwed.
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
December 25, 2015, 07:48:44 AM

kraken is in euro, they have a german bank, the sepa is very fast especially if you have a german bank account, like with deutesche bank
KenR

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

「きみはこれ&#

View Profile
December 25, 2015, 07:55:36 AM

The listed below are the few services used in Europe :
https://www.itbit.com [Based in US but should work for EU customers too]

https://www.kraken.com/

https://localbitcoins.com/

████
█ ████
█ ████
█ ████
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
  ████ █
  ████ █
  ████ █
  ████
  ████
█ ████
█ ████
█ ████
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
  ████ █
  ████ █
  ████ █
  ████
  .WEBSITE.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
  .ANN THREAD.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
  ████
█ ████
█ ████
█ ████
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
  ████ █
  ████ █
  ████ █
  ████
Biochemical

Activity: 129

View Profile
December 26, 2015, 12:38:11 AM

I'm really new to bitcoins, so thanks for your help!

I purchased bitcoins on Coinbase and they are now in my Coinbase wallet. I am wanting:

1. To move them to someplace safer than a U.S. based exchange
2. Have the ability to sell some of my bitcoins as needed in exchange for fiat (Euros) and easily transfer to my French bank account

I have read about offline wallets (storing on my laptop), but it concerns me because if my laptop were stolen I would be screwed.

1. Storing them on computer is the safest way. Of course you can have a backup on USB or even more backups.
2. For transfers to bank you can probably use https://bitcoinxc.net , they have the Bank option but i am not sure if they support EUR or only USD. You will need to ask them.
gkv9
Legendary

Activity: 1246

!!! RiSe aBovE ThE StoRm !!!

View Profile
December 26, 2015, 11:50:58 AM

Kraken and Coinbase have been the best though, but if you are very much concerned about your coins to be stolen, then you should go for Localbitcoins as you will be able to find some cash transactions too to hide everything and do it anonymously...

HarHarHar9965

Activity: 994

View Profile
December 26, 2015, 01:28:55 PM

Kraken and Coinbase have been the best though, but if you are very much concerned about your coins to be stolen, then you should go for Localbitcoins as you will be able to find some cash transactions too to hide everything and do it anonymously...
I think I have most commonly seen Bitstamp and localbitcoins suggested for Europeans. because As I saw price is also and little safety better than other exchanges.But be aware of scammers as well.Wink Take a look and see if that works well for all.
WhatTheGox
Legendary

Activity: 812

View Profile
December 26, 2015, 04:19:18 PM

I think I have most commonly seen Bitstamp and localbitcoins suggested for Europeans. because As I saw price is also and little safety better than other exchanges.But be aware of scammers as well.Wink Take a look and see if that works well for all.

Kraken has better security record vs bitstamp remember stamp lost 16k bitcoin and kraken has lost zero.  One thing you can say for stamp is they stuck around despite going through bad times.  My vote is still with kraken.
bitcoin-hunter

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 26, 2015, 07:45:46 PM

Living in Europe i can advice kraken. I got some very good experience with them.
I also trust them with around 5k EURO on the exchange. (fiat offcourse, my bitcoins are safely in my wallet.

Good one Sir.
I am with them also for a long time. Never had any problems with them.
The withdrawal fee is a little high, so therefore I always wait to have 1 BTC before i withdraw from their exchanges.
HarryKPeters

Activity: 896

Live Stars - Adult Streaming Platform

View Profile
December 26, 2015, 09:13:10 PM

Kraken has better security record vs bitstamp remember stamp lost 16k bitcoin and kraken has lost zero.  One thing you can say for stamp is they stuck around despite going through bad times.  My vote is still with kraken.

Yeah i think the bitstamp team improved their security a few notchs after the lasts hacks. But kraken.com never had any breach of this size.
In that regard, I would go for kraken too.

wikenpp

Activity: 672

View Profile
December 26, 2015, 09:47:24 PM

I replied in another thread that my favourite one is coinbase.

Getting funding for your project from investors mean they have analyzed it and believe in your project.
Having said that, coinbase already did some very big innovations by adding bitcoin purchases from so many countries.
CryptoBjorn

Activity: 714

View Profile
December 26, 2015, 11:58:14 PM

If you have a little bit bitcoin, i would use localbitcoins.

If we are talking about 10+ go with coinbase or kraken.com (in that order). Both are trusted exchanges with a good reputation.
aBitNew (OP)

View Profile
December 27, 2015, 07:51:12 AM

Do you recommend Kraken over BitFinex?
aBitNew (OP)

View Profile
December 29, 2015, 10:32:24 AM

Well, to protect my bitcoins I decided to use Coinbase's multisig vault. I'm also trying to open an account with Kraken, but they're throwing some hoops in my way to get me to "prove" residency in France before approving my account.
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3014

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
December 30, 2015, 03:56:52 AM

Do you recommend Kraken over BitFinex?

What do you want to do. Trade or just buy occasionally? Bitfinex will take a lot longer to get money in and out of because of its location and there's a currency conversion to go through.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: