Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 08:35:26 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Antminer S7 is not booting up  (Read 888 times)
tennecklaces (OP)

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 24, 2015, 08:45:38 PM

This is my third antminers7, and it all of a sudden stopped hashing. At this point i can't connect to the configuration page, and the four led on the controller board are lit except the D1 light which is blinking. I have tried the reset button and multiple hard resets but still nothing.

Any ideas?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Eyedol-X

Activity: 952
Merit: 508

View Profile
December 25, 2015, 03:37:18 AM

This is my third antminers7, and it all of a sudden stopped hashing. At this point i can't connect to the configuration page, and the four led on the controller board are lit except the D1 light which is blinking. I have tried the reset button and multiple hard resets but still nothing.

Any ideas?

The basic things to check are
  • Power down the unit and unplug all PCIE Cables and leave them unplugged for a minute or two, during this time check all connections on the miner to make sure nothing is loose
  • Check PCIE Cables and make sure they are seated properly and not plugged in backwards (I've seen someone do this and somehow the miner still powered on). It worked fine after the cables were connected properly. DO NOT HOT SWAP PCIE CABLES
  • Contact Bitmain for warranty support if still in support period

Hope this helps, good luck!
Biodom
Legendary

Activity: 3738
Merit: 3844

View Profile
December 25, 2015, 03:42:30 AM

Check ethernet cable connections to router and miner as well.
Sometimes they become loose.
power cycle the router as a last step before powering it back up.
notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 25, 2015, 05:00:35 AM

Any ideas?

• Power down the unit and unplug all PCIE Cables and leave them unplugged for a minute or two, during this time check all connections on the miner to make sure nothing is loose
  • Check PCIE Cables and make sure they are seated properly and not plugged in backwards (I've seen someone do this and somehow the miner still powered on). It worked fine after the cables were connected properly. DO NOT HOT SWAP PCIE CABLES

The hot swap is a big deal.  OP did you try any updates? Or move around any cables?

Or did this just happen with nothing new added to situation?
tennecklaces (OP)

View Profile
December 25, 2015, 08:30:33 PM

Any ideas?

The hot swap is a big deal.  OP did you try any updates? Or move around any cables?

Or did this just happen with nothing new added to situation?

I didn't do anything to it at all, it just happened out of the blue and i don't have anything to add. I am going to try power it down and removing the cables to see if that changes anything.

I have already tried changing the Ethernet cable and the switch so I am pretty confident that this is not a network issue
tennecklaces (OP)

View Profile
December 25, 2015, 08:53:21 PM

So an update, I did the power cycle and nothing happens. I have tried the reset button and I get a beep, but I am unable to find it on the netowrk assuming it goes to 192.168.0.xx. The ip finder button makes the red and green light come on, but it doesn't change anything and the D1 light is still blinking with D2-D4 are solid lit
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: