Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 05:01:53 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Selling 15,000 BTC at $0.20/BTC  (Read 18151 times)
NghtRppr (OP)

Activity: 504
Merit: 252

Elder Crypto God

View Profile WWW
September 29, 2010, 06:12:21 PM
Last edit: September 29, 2010, 06:23:06 PM by bitcoin2cash

bitcoin2cash,
I would like to buy 50,000 bitcoins at $0.04 each, but I can not agree to your terms. I will give you the benefit of the doubt that you may be legit, but I will not give you the benefit of my money.

If satoshi posted he wants to sell 50,000 coins at 0.04/each, I'd probably ship him cash and wait for coins.  (Although, this would open a whole new can of worms  Tongue )

Good luck with your business.

First of all, I wouldn't allow you to send me that much cash in one transaction. I would insist that we trade in smaller denominations. Why aren't you willing to make smaller trades at first and go up from there once we have established a relationship?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TTBit
Legendary

Activity: 1136
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 29, 2010, 07:01:53 PM

bitcoin2cash,
I would like to buy 50,000 bitcoins at $0.04 each, but I can not agree to your terms. I will give you the benefit of the doubt that you may be legit, but I will not give you the benefit of my money.

If satoshi posted he wants to sell 50,000 coins at 0.04/each, I'd probably ship him cash and wait for coins.  (Although, this would open a whole new can of worms  Tongue )

First of all, I wouldn't allow you to send me that much cash in one transaction. I would insist that we trade in smaller denominations. Why aren't you willing to make smaller trades at first and go up from there once we have established a relationship?

If I sent you $1.00 and you sent me 25 coins, would you then believe that I am trustworthy and start sending coins first, before I send cash payment? I don't think your business model will allow this.

good judgment comes from experience, and experience comes from bad judgment
NghtRppr (OP)

Elder Crypto God

View Profile WWW
September 29, 2010, 07:15:57 PM

bitcoin2cash,

If I sent you $1.00 and you sent me 25 coins, would you then believe that I am trustworthy and start sending coins first, before I send cash payment? I don't think your business model will allow this.

No but you are welcome to buy $1.00 at a time until you are comfortable with $5.00 at a time and so on.
S3052
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 29, 2010, 07:17:07 PM

[/quote]

This is yet another sign of bad practice. Requesting people to do only smaller transactions creates even less value as the transaction costs (time, mailing, etc.) are way to high.

Stop bothering us with your improper business model.

NghtRppr (OP)

Elder Crypto God

View Profile WWW
September 29, 2010, 07:29:11 PM

This is yet another sign of bad practice. Requesting people to do only smaller transactions creates even less value as the transaction costs (time, mailing, etc.) are way to high.

The cost of a few extra stamps is outweighed by the risk associated with sending large amounts of cash in the mail.

Nobody is forcing you to read my posts. If I'm bothering you then stop reading.
FreeMoney
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1014

Strength in numbers

View Profile WWW
September 29, 2010, 08:29:40 PM

The cost of a few extra stamps is outweighed by the risk associated with sending large amounts of cash in the mail.

Nobody is forcing you to read my posts. If I'm bothering you then stop reading.

Seriously S3052, if you don't like it or it bores you then do something else.

I'm going to give it a try when I get around to getting a stamp and envelope.

Play Bitcoin Poker at sealswithclubs.eu. We're active and open to everyone.
S3052
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 29, 2010, 08:35:31 PM

FreeMoney: fair point.
I only shared my concerns to protect others.
All: sorry if I go a bit too emotional

grondilu
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1076

View Profile
September 29, 2010, 08:39:23 PM

bitcoin2cash,

If satoshi posted he wants to sell 50,000 coins at 0.04/each, I'd probably ship him cash and wait for coins.  (Although, this would open a whole new can of worms  Tongue )

In this kind of transaction, the one who makes the "first step" is obviously the one who has the slowest reputation.  bitcoin2cash has a better reputation since is has a website, even trivial.  So if I'm not happy it would be easy for me to just say "bitcoin2cash is a scam".   Now, if I was Satoshi, I would easily convince bitcoin2cash to send bitcoins first.  Because my reputation would be superior to bitcoin2cash's reputation.

caveden
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1004

View Profile
September 29, 2010, 09:26:25 PM

@bitcoin2cash:
Just find a way to use the private key of this address of yours to sign something and post it on your site. This would at least prove you own 50kBTC.

Regards
theymos
Administrator
Legendary

Activity: 5194
Merit: 12974

View Profile
September 29, 2010, 09:37:20 PM

70,000 BTC has been sent to the address that bitcoin2cash posted. I don't have tools to see spends from an address, so I can't say what the current balance is.

1NXYoJ5xU91Jp83XfVMHwwTUyZFK64BoAD
NghtRppr (OP)

Elder Crypto God

View Profile WWW
September 29, 2010, 10:14:47 PM

70,000 BTC has been sent to the address that bitcoin2cash posted. I don't have tools to see spends from an address, so I can't say what the current balance is.

Also, make a note that I posted that same address on these forums on July 13th so unless those transfers were before then, it's safe to say that I'm actually the owner of that address. So, can you verify the time frame that the transfers were sent?
TTBit
Legendary

View Profile
September 30, 2010, 12:21:56 AM

You can also send them to the global developer's bitcoin verification address: 1PaUpJr6PEHjGxgL7YtwjsiGcAYqsZ8vD.

Coins won't actually transfer, only verification of the amounts.  Tongue

mizerydearia

Activity: 574
Merit: 507

View Profile
September 30, 2010, 12:26:59 AM

You can also send them to the global developer's bitcoin verification address: 1PaUpJr6PEHjGxgL7YtwjsiGcAYqsZ8vD.

Coins won't actually transfer, only verification of the amounts.  Tongue

Actually, the correct address is 1PaufQctEbWBdBr8dYBdBDKcJ6YgAnQdsb
theymos
Administrator
Legendary

Activity: 5194
Merit: 12974

View Profile
September 30, 2010, 12:29:23 AM

Also, make a note that I posted that same address on these forums on July 13th so unless those transfers were before then, it's safe to say that I'm actually the owner of that address. So, can you verify the time frame that the transfers were sent?

Two transfers: block 80339 (12 days ago) and 82659 (1 day ago).

1NXYoJ5xU91Jp83XfVMHwwTUyZFK64BoAD
jimbobway
Legendary

Activity: 1304
Merit: 1014

View Profile
September 30, 2010, 09:44:48 PM

I sent some money via snailmail.  Will report to this thread if I do or do not get bitcoins in the next week or two.
TTBit
Legendary

View Profile
September 30, 2010, 10:26:48 PM

I sent some money via snailmail.  Will report to this thread if I do or do not get bitcoins in the next week or two.

I'm not worried about receiving coins at said rate for $1-$5. I'd like to buy a majority of offered coins w/o stuffing $100 bills into an envelope, and taking all the risk. Still, please keep us updated.

MoonShadow
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1007

View Profile
September 30, 2010, 10:57:04 PM

That's not a sign of a bad business model.  That is a sign of intent to build a trust relationship.  If he had asked someone to send more at a time, then I'd be suspicious.  Start with, say, $20.  At that level, the cost of the stamp is still favorable to paypal.  If you wish to save as much on the stamp as possible, consider doubling your cash with each transaction.  This way if this thing turns sour, there is no point at which either party could have done significant harm.  If you double until you get to an uncomfortable level, stop doubling; and this protects you from dishonest mailmen from doing significant harm.

"The powers of financial capitalism had another far-reaching aim, nothing less than to create a world system of financial control in private hands able to dominate the political system of each country and the economy of the world as a whole. This system was to be controlled in a feudalist fashion by the central banks of the world acting in concert, by secret agreements arrived at in frequent meetings and conferences. The apex of the systems was to be the Bank for International Settlements in Basel, Switzerland, a private bank owned and controlled by the world's central banks which were themselves private corporations. Each central bank...sought to dominate its government by its ability to control Treasury loans, to manipulate foreign exchanges, to influence the level of economic activity in the country, and to influence cooperative politicians by subsequent economic rewards in the business world."

- Carroll Quigley, CFR member, mentor to Bill Clinton, from 'Tragedy And Hope'
NghtRppr (OP)

Elder Crypto God

View Profile WWW
October 05, 2010, 08:57:27 PM

I just sold $80 worth. There's 48,000 left with about 12,000 reserved.
mpkomara

Activity: 183
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 05, 2010, 09:00:48 PM

i am .0605 bid on mtgox for 15,000 if anyone wants the arbitrage
grondilu
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1076

View Profile
October 05, 2010, 09:24:47 PM

i am .0605 bid on mtgox for 15,000 if anyone wants the arbitrage

Well, I'm not very good at those stuff, but isn't bitcoin2cash's bid a better deal ?

I mean, if I want to buy btc with 1$, with you I get 1./0.0605=16.53 BTC, when bitcoin2cash offers 25 BTC for the same dollar.  What do I get wrong ?

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: