Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 10:29:23 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Selling 15,000 BTC at $0.20/BTC  (Read 18149 times)
TTBit
Legendary

Activity: 1136
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 08, 2010, 04:12:32 PM

Is the PO BOX registered to 'bitcoin2cash LLC' or is in your personal name? I bet is is your personal name. The post office should not purposely deliver mail that is addressed to someone else.

The obvious scam here is I call myself a legit company, but have nothing to do with it, i.e.:

IRS Express Pay
1234 Main street
Myhouse, ST 90210

The USPS will not deliver that mail to Bob Smith's house at 1234 Main St.

You will still receive old mail and mail that has no name on it.

good judgment comes from experience, and experience comes from bad judgment

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
NghtRppr (OP)

Activity: 504
Merit: 252

Elder Crypto God

View Profile WWW
October 08, 2010, 04:41:08 PM

The post office should not purposely deliver mail that is addressed to someone else.

Do you have any kind of documentation from the USPS to back this up or are you just pulling this out of thin air? Also, can you explain why have I received mail addressed to "B2C, LLC" already?

Either way, I would suggest leaving the name off entirely as I've been told that it's not required.
mizerydearia

Activity: 574
Merit: 507

View Profile
October 08, 2010, 05:10:01 PM

Do you have any kind of documentation from the USPS to back this up or are you just pulling this out of thin air? Also, can you explain why have I received mail addressed to "B2C, LLC" already?

Either way, I would suggest leaving the name off entirely as I've been told that it's not required.

Addressing to
Bitcoin2Cash, LLC
is different than addressing to
B2C, LLC

right?
NghtRppr (OP)

Elder Crypto God

View Profile WWW
October 08, 2010, 06:06:13 PM

Addressing to
Bitcoin2Cash, LLC
is different than addressing to
B2C, LLC

right?

Obviously, but since the post office box isn't registered to either of those then why would they allow one but reject the other? If they only allow names that were registered with the post office box then both would have been rejected.
TTBit
Legendary

View Profile
October 08, 2010, 06:19:04 PM

The post office should not purposely deliver mail that is addressed to someone else.

No, I don't have any documentation, just personal experience.

I did something like this years ago where I called myself some company and there was an issue. I don't remember the exact details, but I finally received the mail, but the company name was crossed out.

chrisdbc

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 11, 2010, 04:27:57 PM

Mailed $20 to b2c earlier last week. Hopefully it will go thru soon. I'll follow up here when the
transaction is complete.
NghtRppr (OP)

Elder Crypto God

View Profile WWW
October 11, 2010, 09:37:50 PM

I just sold $800 worth. I have around 28,000 left for sale.
MoonShadow
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1007

View Profile
October 11, 2010, 10:11:38 PM

I'm going ask something that I don't think that anyone else has.

Would you take a personal check, or a money order in lieu of cash?

"The powers of financial capitalism had another far-reaching aim, nothing less than to create a world system of financial control in private hands able to dominate the political system of each country and the economy of the world as a whole. This system was to be controlled in a feudalist fashion by the central banks of the world acting in concert, by secret agreements arrived at in frequent meetings and conferences. The apex of the systems was to be the Bank for International Settlements in Basel, Switzerland, a private bank owned and controlled by the world's central banks which were themselves private corporations. Each central bank...sought to dominate its government by its ability to control Treasury loans, to manipulate foreign exchanges, to influence the level of economic activity in the country, and to influence cooperative politicians by subsequent economic rewards in the business world."

- Carroll Quigley, CFR member, mentor to Bill Clinton, from 'Tragedy And Hope'
NghtRppr (OP)

Elder Crypto God

View Profile WWW
October 11, 2010, 10:19:23 PM

I'm going ask something that I don't think that anyone else has.

Would you take a personal check, or a money order in lieu of cash?

No, I deal with USD cash only.

I also have everything reserved so I have no more bitcoins to sell right now.

I'm going to be restructuring the website soon to be more of a cash-only market with fixed transaction fees with us acting as a trusted middle party.

I'll post more news in a new thread once that's finished.
NghtRppr (OP)

Elder Crypto God

View Profile WWW
October 11, 2010, 10:39:42 PM

I'm going to be restructuring the website soon to be more of a cash-only market with fixed transaction fees with us acting as a trusted middle party.

I'll post more news in a new thread once that's finished.

oohhh la la.

So like a bitcoinmarket or mtgox, but with cash, and an escrow? But a small fee is charged?

Yes.
chrisdbc

View Profile
October 13, 2010, 03:18:51 AM

Mailed $20 to b2c earlier last week. Hopefully it will go thru soon. I'll follow up here when the
transaction is complete.

My letter to bitcoin2cash wound up returned just like jimbob's  Shocked It was addressed exactly the same way as his letter.

My guess is that TTBit is right that USPS might get suspicious when the business name doesn't match the address.  Leaving out the name entirely is probably the right way to make our letters containing cash as inconspicuous as possible.
chrisdbc

View Profile
October 13, 2010, 06:33:05 AM

I got a brochure in the mail from USPS warning me of fraud. No joke. Is thus a coincidence? My second letter to bitcoin2cash should be arriving any time now, this time without the company name.

I got one too the other day and was wondering the same thing. I think it's just a mass mailing from the USPS. See here: http://southfloridapostalblog.blogspot.com/2010/09/inspection-service-do-you-know-warning.html
FreeMoney
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1014

Strength in numbers

View Profile WWW
October 13, 2010, 09:14:09 AM

I can't believe people are sending cash in envelops with the word cash on the front.

I don't think that brochure was a coincidence either.

Play Bitcoin Poker at sealswithclubs.eu. We're active and open to everyone.
grondilu
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1076

View Profile
October 13, 2010, 12:35:16 PM

I can't believe people are sending cash in envelops with the word cash on the front.

Well, I've been silly enough to lose 10$ this way.  My mistake.
I won't do it again.

Also I think if some guy had to steal 10$ this way, I guess he needed it more than I do.

kiba
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1014

View Profile
October 13, 2010, 12:44:27 PM

I won't do it again.

Also I think if some guy had to steal 10$ this way, I guess he needed it more than I do.

Somebody stole your 10 dollars letter mail along the way?

grondilu
Legendary

View Profile
October 13, 2010, 01:11:28 PM

I won't do it again.

Somebody stole your 10 dollars letter mail along the way?

Well, yes, I guess so.  And I've even been stupid enough not to write a return address.

I don't care much.  I've lost much more than 10$ many times in my life.

grondilu
Legendary

View Profile
October 15, 2010, 11:08:22 AM

bitcoin2cash has said he has already paid people with bitcoins, but no one in this forum has stepped forward to say, "Yes, I have received bitcoins from bitcoin2cash".

Can anyone verify this?

If nobody can, we'll have to consider removing the bitcoin2cash link from the "market" page.

NghtRppr (OP)

Elder Crypto God

View Profile WWW
October 15, 2010, 12:13:15 PM

Of course I'm still here. So far all my transactions have been with a single person and he hasn't volunteered to offer any feedback. Please do so if you're reading this.

Please be patient. You're getting ahead of yourself and no one has even lodged a complaint, which I'm sure no one will.
TTBit
Legendary

View Profile
October 15, 2010, 10:19:41 PM

Its a shame you can't get these 50,000 coins onto MtGox and get $5k instead of only $2k.

twobitcoins

Activity: 144
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 15, 2010, 10:21:58 PM

bitcoin2cash has said he has already paid people with bitcoins, but no one in this forum has stepped forward to say, "Yes, I have received bitcoins from bitcoin2cash".

Can anyone verify this?

I will verify this.  I successfully completed three purchases from bitcoin2cash, buying a total of 47,000 bitcoins at $0.04 each.  Thank you for the phenomenal deal!  Now, would anybody like to buy some bitcoins at $0.10?  :-)

The proposed site restructuring as a cash-based market/exchange site sounds like a great idea, given the problems faced by the other sites.  I'd certainly give it a try.  Personally I would prefer to see other options in addition to cash if possible, though.  There seems to be little risk in offering PayPal for withdrawals, for example.  Maybe there are other safe options for deposits, like bank wires or Western Union.  But I can understand if bitcoin2cash wants to stick to cash only and leave other exchanges to handle other payment methods.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: