Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 02:37:04 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: s7 new farm  (Read 2570 times)
max17 (OP)

Activity: 43
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 30, 2015, 01:24:49 PM

our mine is located in Venezuela ,

Are you able to show some pictures of your miners in mine? Would love to see a working one in Venezuela.

I'm not sure why but the plain mining board has a new scheme for someone to start a farm there about every month, every other at most.  They have all went away  so far except 1 might turn into something..... but it's been a long time since pictures and the last they said they still did not have gear.  It seem's a lot of them take a picture of inside of warehouse and think it's data center.

But please do share pictures I'm sure others would love to see them to.
if you want i can send a email with some images of our firt set up just live your email address

Can you post like phototbucket or other that  works? Then others can see aswell.   If you post link to picture someone with higher rank will quote so everyone can see the pictures Smiley.

Do you know many other miners out there?  I was just surprised how often mining operations try to start up there in regular mining forum.
yes i can post a photo no problen just i cant find the way to do it here just let me know the way and i will post

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
gkv9
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000

!!! RiSe aBovE ThE StoRm !!!

View Profile
December 30, 2015, 01:53:20 PM

Are you able to show some pictures of your miners in mine? Would love to see a working one in Venezuela.

I'm not sure why but the plain mining board has a new scheme for someone to start a farm there about every month, every other at most.  They have all went away  so far except 1 might turn into something..... but it's been a long time since pictures and the last they said they still did not have gear.  It seem's a lot of them take a picture of inside of warehouse and think it's data center.

if you want i can send a email with some images of our firt set up just live your email address

Can you post like phototbucket or other that  works? Then others can see aswell.   If you post link to picture someone with higher rank will quote so everyone can see the pictures Smiley.

Do you know many other miners out there?  I was just surprised how often mining operations try to start up there in regular mining forum.
yes i can post a photo no problen just i cant find the way to do it here just let me know the way and i will post

Just upload your image to imgur, then copy your link that shows the image directly, enter that link between [-img-]        [-/img-] (Remove the dashes, cut the space and add your link there and you are done...) Smiley

notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456

View Profile
December 31, 2015, 02:53:31 AM

I'm not sure why but the plain mining board has a new scheme for someone to start a farm there about every month, every other at most.  They have all went away  so far except 1 might turn into something..... but it's been a long time since pictures and the last they said they still did not have gear.  It seem's a lot of them take a picture of inside of warehouse and think it's data center.

Can you post like phototbucket or other that  works? Then others can see aswell.   If you post link to picture someone with higher rank will quote so everyone can see the pictures Smiley.

Do you know many other miners out there?  I was just surprised how often mining operations try to start up there in regular mining forum.

Just upload your image to imgur, then copy your link that shows the image directly, enter that link between [-img-]        [-/img-] (Remove the dashes, cut the space and add your link there and you are done...) Smiley
this is our 1th farm and the 1st setup http://imgur.com/VQbvFVK   http://imgur.com/edit?album_id=0tC62   now we are waiting fro some other s7s  to  set up this one and the other like that

Thanks for posting interesting to see a actual operation in Venezula.  How long have you been operating?

Also are you getting electricity there super low? Some have reported some very low electricity cost's there?  How do you find electric stability does it lose power or power problems?

Thanks though for answering and showing a neat operation.
max17 (OP)

View Profile
December 31, 2015, 12:09:52 PM

the cost is almost free  for us  (like 12 to 20 $ month for the frarm )

there are some blackouts but rite now is getting more stable

we have already 6 month in the bussisnes and we are investing more in the mining factor
increasing the TH POWER   our goal is to reinvest for long

nichu

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 31, 2015, 12:22:19 PM

may i know the ROI you people are getting.. impressive snaps . cheers mate
Rugtilf

Activity: 33

View Profile
December 31, 2015, 12:31:43 PM

You will make a lot of profit with the almost free electricity. The bitcoin you mine will make you rich there.
max17 (OP)

View Profile
December 31, 2015, 05:22:03 PM

with the actual price of s7 5 month to breakeven
notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
December 31, 2015, 10:21:18 PM

the cost is almost free  for us  (like 12 to 20 $ month for the frarm )

there are some blackouts but rite now is getting more stable

we have already 6 month in the bussisnes and we are investing more in the mining factor
increasing the TH POWER   our goal is to reinvest for long

Very interesting I love to hear a sucess story there.   I like all mining to be a sucess story though Smiley.

Sounds like your headed in right direction.  With almost free electricity do any electric company workers or officials ask why usage is so much higher?
torepia

Activity: 140

View Profile
December 31, 2015, 10:46:51 PM

If you get good units, they will probably last "forever".

Nice setup in ur pictures. The only tip I got would be to not strip/tape the power extentioncords together like you have in your picture.
Getting 30 S7's in there, and putting them together like that would probably generate some heat!

Happy new year! Cheesy
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
January 01, 2016, 07:33:29 AM
Last edit: January 02, 2016, 07:54:16 AM by Amph

Nice setup in ur pictures. The only tip I got would be to not strip/tape the power extentioncords together like you have in your picture.
Getting 30 S7's in there, and putting them together like that would probably generate some heat!

Happy new year! Cheesy

nothing last forever, every HW is subjected to thermal stress, and they have a precise lifespan, this is the case for gpu too, even if well cooled after some years they will break
gkv9
Legendary

View Profile
January 01, 2016, 12:20:00 PM

I have a friend who mines with his own equipment, I mean they make hardware on their own and mine, they have different types of miners and they don't sell them, and he says that these miners can easily perform for upto 1 year, but the most important factor you need to take care of will be the cooling...
If the environment is cool and even after that, you do better liquid cooling for those miners, then I doubt they won't run at least 8 - 10 months...

Can you link to this?  I have not seen someone small scale make their own gear.  There have been 2 or so project's I've seen usb one's.

It just seems hard to believe your friend makes the chips, machines, etc.  Unless your friend is part of one of the big companies.

He is an engineer himself, and it's not like he has any website or something, he does it alone and offered me partnership once when some slots were open, but then he took his offer back as all the slots were filled...

They needed few investments in order to fulfill the expenses occurred in making those miners, but they got them...

He uses Skype, if you need it, PM me and I will let you know...

notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
January 01, 2016, 09:30:17 PM

I have a friend who mines with his own equipment, I mean they make hardware on their own and mine, they have different types of miners and they don't sell them, and he says that these miners can easily perform for upto 1 year, but the most important factor you need to take care of will be the cooling...
If the environment is cool and even after that, you do better liquid cooling for those miners, then I doubt they won't run at least 8 - 10 months...

Can you link to this?  I have not seen someone small scale make their own gear.  There have been 2 or so project's I've seen usb one's.

It just seems hard to believe your friend makes the chips, machines, etc.  Unless your friend is part of one of the big companies.

He is an engineer himself, and it's not like he has any website or something, he does it alone and offered me partnership once when some slots were open, but then he took his offer back as all the slots were filled...

They needed few investments in order to fulfill the expenses occurred in making those miners, but they got them...

He uses Skype, if you need it, PM me and I will let you know...

Can you just show some of his gear? Picture or stats?  Its just that this does not happen often a engineer would need a ton of skills to build an asic.

What company chips is he using? Or are you saying he makes chips?   To what point is he making it?
torepia

Activity: 140

View Profile
January 01, 2016, 11:57:36 PM

Happy new year! Cheesy

nothing last forever, every HW is subjected to thermal stress, and they have a precise lifespan, this si the case for gpu too, even if well cooled after some years they will break

"forever" as in as long as they are practical to run!
crazyivan
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1007

DMD Diamond Making Money 4+ years! Join us!

View Profile
January 02, 2016, 05:27:34 PM

I m not sure home mining s a way to go anymore. I do not want to spoil your plans but with 20-30% montly diff growth, I simply do not see how that can work anymore.

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
January 02, 2016, 06:28:25 PM

I m not sure home mining s a way to go anymore. I do not want to spoil your plans but with 20-30% montly diff growth, I simply do not see how that can work anymore.

His farm is in Venezuela... so he has cheaper then average electricity.   So I doubt it is going to hurt him.

On other miners with home/hobby with regular electricity pricing it needs a bump in value.  I think there will always be some hobby and home miners no matter what.
Indianacoin

Activity: 406
Merit: 252

View Profile
January 02, 2016, 06:36:26 PM

hi guys ,
 we are seting up a small farm with 30 s7s

i just have a question that bother me   and is  [ how long can last s7s  in a nice enviroment[

also i would like to know if some one can let me know if there are some other hardware with more power than s7s

thank you

Do not worry at all. They are sturdy from inside. Wink

I am running 3 S3 miners for 8 months now without any problem. I will probably run them until I reach my ROI estimate. Also I will keep them running until I calculate there is significant loss in mining with them at coinwarz.com

And your S7 will probably last longer.
crazyivan
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1007

DMD Diamond Making Money 4+ years! Join us!

View Profile
January 04, 2016, 08:08:43 AM

His farm is in Venezuela... so he has cheaper then average electricity.   So I doubt it is going to hurt him.

On other miners with home/hobby with regular electricity pricing it needs a bump in value.  I think there will always be some hobby and home miners no matter what.

Electricity price s got nothing to do with diff growth. Even if he s got higher reward now, due to lower electricity price, it s still going to go down 20% per month if this trend continues. To tell u the truth, I expect mining diff to go up even more in case BTC price starts to push higher.

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
January 04, 2016, 04:31:50 PM

Electricity price s got nothing to do with diff growth. Even if he s got higher reward now, due to lower electricity price, it s still going to go down 20% per month if this trend continues. To tell u the truth, I expect mining diff to go up even more in case BTC price starts to push higher.

But hes paying so little he likely can run no matter difficulty for a long time.  Look at Venezuela it's not the most reliable but it is always said to be super cheap.

I don't disagree that it will continue to grow. I hope it slows down some and it is a little bit.  But likely company's will keep pumping out chips and that means more and more hash rate. Just the nature of the beast at this point.
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
January 05, 2016, 07:41:56 AM

His farm is in Venezuela... so he has cheaper then average electricity.   So I doubt it is going to hurt him.

On other miners with home/hobby with regular electricity pricing it needs a bump in value.  I think there will always be some hobby and home miners no matter what.

well this is debatable, in the remote possibility that more users can acquire free electricity, the diff would skyrocket since the price would not matter anymore, they would mine all the way down to $1
gkv9
Legendary

View Profile
January 05, 2016, 12:15:42 PM

But hes paying so little he likely can run no matter difficulty for a long time.  Look at Venezuela it's not the most reliable but it is always said to be super cheap.

I don't disagree that it will continue to grow. I hope it slows down some and it is a little bit.  But likely company's will keep pumping out chips and that means more and more hash rate. Just the nature of the beast at this point.

I think that companies also don't have to do anything with it, as when new miners will come out, older ones will be drowned away somewhere by the miners who will move on with the latest ones...
Even if the electricity is free, I guess profits will still be the same as such places will possess more and more miners to kick the difficulty way above...

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: