Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 10:50:07 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: First bitcoin teller machine in Kazakhstan  (Read 1158 times)
arruah (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1357
Merit: 1004

View Profile WWW
December 25, 2015, 03:23:35 PM

Welcome!
Kazakhstan, Almaty, Samal 3 1, Ritz Palace, ritz.kz
24/7
5% fee,
https://twitter.com/arruah/status/679996457764536322

BCH
thejaytiesto
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1014

View Profile
December 25, 2015, 03:30:40 PM

Welcome!
24/7
5% fee,

This is pretty surrealistic. I didn't know there were Bitcoiners in Kazakhstan, let alone getting involved with physical stuff related to Bitcoin.
unamis76
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1009

View Profile
December 25, 2015, 04:55:43 PM

These machines are expensive. To place them, owners are expecting a ROI more or less soon. I also don't know how's the Bitcoin scene there but if the machine exists there's probably a small community using Bitcoin around that place Smiley
dothebeats
Legendary

Activity: 3668
Merit: 1353

View Profile
December 25, 2015, 04:58:12 PM

These machines are expensive. To place them, owners are expecting a ROI more or less soon. I also don't know how's the Bitcoin scene there but if the machine exists there's probably a small community using Bitcoin around that place Smiley

Yup, the owners must've seen some incentives in placing that atm in there in the first place, so that probably means there must be something happening in the background that is not known in the mainstream bitcoin community. Overall, this is a pretty good start in Kazakhstan. Bitcoin acceptance is gaining traction. Smiley
Jeremycoin
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1003

𝓗𝓞𝓓𝓛

View Profile
December 25, 2015, 05:23:15 PM

The owner must not thinking about getting ROI, he/she must be think about spreading Bitcoin to his/her own country Smiley

faucet used to be profitable
avikz
Legendary

Activity: 3122
Merit: 1507

View Profile
December 25, 2015, 05:27:11 PM

I really doubt about it....definitely the owner looking for a business and not charity. But it's ok, bitcoin is all about earning money.

unamis76
Legendary

View Profile
December 25, 2015, 05:28:02 PM

The owner must not thinking about getting ROI, he/she must be think about spreading Bitcoin to his/her own country Smiley

Not impossible but very difficult Cheesy It would have to be someone with a lot of money to burn to do that...
Jet Cash
Legendary

Activity: 2730
Merit: 2462

https://JetCash.com

View Profile WWW
December 25, 2015, 06:26:41 PM

So does it just convert Bitcoin into local banknotes?  That seems to be a bit of a limited function. Why would people pay 5% when they can pay for items directly?

Offgrid campers allow you to enjoy life and preserve your health and wealth.
Save old Cars - my project to save old cars from scrapage schemes, and to reduce the sale of new cars.
My new Bitcoin transfer address is - bc1q9gtz8e40en6glgxwk4eujuau2fk5wxrprs6fys
unamis76
Legendary

View Profile
December 25, 2015, 06:33:36 PM

So does it just convert Bitcoin into local banknotes?  That seems to be a bit of a limited function. Why would people pay 5% when they can pay for items directly?

Because not all stores accept Bitcoin yet.

Anyways, the tweet says "#dontbeapussybuybitcoin ", so I assume it also allows converting fiat to Bitcoin.
arruah (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 25, 2015, 07:27:20 PM

Thank you very much Smiley

BCH
arruah (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 25, 2015, 07:29:17 PM

Anyways, the tweet says "#dontbeapussybuybitcoin ", so I assume it also allows converting fiat to Bitcoin.
No it is only one way bitcoin terminal. Bitcoin -> cash.

BCH
ausbit
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1019

View Profile
December 25, 2015, 07:29:27 PM

I really doubt about it....definitely the owner looking for a business and not charity. But it's ok, bitcoin is all about earning money.
Oh my God its nice news that Bitcoins teller machine has set up in Kazakhstan really a mind blowing. It will sure help people to trust more on Bitcoins existence. That its a true money in this generation. A new digital money for business. Buy or sell goods too.
Rabber

Activity: 64
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 25, 2015, 11:13:56 PM

The owner could be helping to spread the use because he has thousands of Bitcoins that were bought or mined early and wants the value to go much higher. I know if I had 10k+ bitcoins, I would definitely spend some money on ways to encourage more adopters. I suspect there are a lot of people holding thousands of coins and not doing much to help it become more widely adopted, just sitting around waiting for it to happen. I believe it will happen, anyway. It could a lot sooner if more people with the means to do so did more.  I'll just take the time to acquire more now at what I believe will be seen as a great price a decade or so later.

franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4256
Merit: 4521

View Profile
December 25, 2015, 11:58:10 PM
Last edit: December 26, 2015, 12:13:48 AM by franky1

alot of people have the naive belief that people in the middle east are cave dwellers, with no technical skills and no internet..

but i think a picture of Almaty in Kazakhstan says it all..

remember folks.. when america was still a land full of native indians.. the middle east had buildings, houses, hotel bars(Inn's), farms, stables, they invented maths, they had record keeping and written language.

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
rienelber

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 26, 2015, 12:08:22 AM
Last edit: February 22, 2016, 08:13:56 PM by rienelber

quote author=arruah link=topic=1303439.msg13354690#msg13354690 date=1451057015]
Welcome!
24/7
5% fee,
[/quote]

Uow, this is great.

There is one machine in Brazil as well, São Paulo city.

Will update with adress soon.
HI-TEC99
Legendary

Activity: 2772
Merit: 2846

View Profile
December 26, 2015, 12:45:23 AM

The BTM's are unexpected news to me because Kazakhstan was considering banning Bitcoin in 2014. It's stance on cryptocurrency must have significantly softened since then. It's amazing the difference a year or two can make to attitudes towards Bitcoin.

http://www.coindesk.com/kazakhstans-central-bank-ban-bitcoin-protect-bankers/
ShrykeZ

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 26, 2015, 01:00:47 AM

Pretty risky investment in my opinion, would be cool if there were more of these but I don't really think it's a good RoI rate.
Mr. Forum

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 26, 2015, 03:34:07 PM

I must say that it is to the goodness of bitcoin as a digital currency at large. The inventions and implementations tellers in Kazakhstan implies that the bitcoin has been accepted in this region and is actively being used. It also shows that the bitcoin as a currency is growing and being used to make purchase of the physical items in the area. It is a gesture of good things to come when talking of the bitcoin and the entire digital economy.
dollarneed

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 26, 2015, 04:02:24 PM

No it is only one way bitcoin terminal. Bitcoin -> cash.

wooow that's really awesome, i dont even know so many bitcoiner from kazakhsthan, anyways i just saw this machine on youtube, i wish someday i can use it to convert my bitcoin to the cash
well congratulation again
dothebeats
Legendary

Activity: 3668
Merit: 1353

View Profile
December 26, 2015, 04:15:41 PM

It's great to see bitcoin teller (or ATM), but 5% fee is big Sad
But it means the owner expecting profit because there are many bitcoiners there Roll Eyes

The BTM's are unexpected news to me because Kazakhstan was considering banning Bitcoin in 2014. It's stance on cryptocurrency must have significantly softened since then. It's amazing the difference a year or two can make to attitudes towards Bitcoin.

http://www.coindesk.com/kazakhstans-central-bank-ban-bitcoin-protect-bankers/

They admit they could ban bitcoin to protect bankers, it means banks & fiat there afraid they'll lose to bitcoin.

Most governments are, that's why they are imposing different laws in line with cryptocurrencies. As for the atm, 5% is indeed a big fee but business is business; the owner of this atm took the risk on spreading the word by installing a bitcoin atm in the country. That itself, I think is charity. Roll Eyes
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: