Bitcoin Forum
August 04, 2024, 02:16:22 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [2015-12-25] BTCC Deploys 100 Full Bitcoin Nodes Across Five Continents  (Read 416 times)
LiteCoinGuy (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1014

In Satoshi I Trust

View Profile WWW
December 25, 2015, 06:59:22 PM
Last edit: December 25, 2015, 07:10:35 PM by LiteCoinGuy

BTCC Deploys 100 Full Bitcoin Nodes Across Five Continents

BTCC today deployed 100 full bitcoin nodes across five continents to support the bitcoin network. Full bitcoin nodes enforce the rules of the bitcoin network by serving a full copy of the bitcoin blockchain and validating blocks and transactions.

BTCC is the first bitcoin exchange and first mining pool to donate and deploy full bitcoin nodes for the maintenance of the bitcoin network.

http://www.virtual-strategy.com/2015/12/25/btcc-deploys-100-full-bitcoin-nodes-across-five-continents#axzz3vLfWL3X7

for the future?

Proof of Bitcoin Node: Bitcoin Big Data Mining

http://spreadcoin.info/news/proof-of-bitcoin-node-white-paper/

richardsNY
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1091

View Profile
December 25, 2015, 09:16:01 PM

It's great that they are contributing with 100 nodes to make the network more secure. I hope more exchanges will follow. That will definitely help to make the currently low amount of nodes higher.
DooMAD
Legendary

Activity: 3864
Merit: 3177

Leave no FUD unchallenged

View Profile
December 25, 2015, 11:01:57 PM

As news goes, it's kind of a mixed bag.  The extra security for the network is always nice, but it doesn't ready aid decentralisation if a single group is in charge of a significant number of full nodes.  Provided that lots of prominent companies in the Bitcoin space do something similar, then it's good news.  But if the overall nodecount continues to decline while centralised groups have a larger percentage of them, then it has the potential to be bad news.

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██
█████████▀██▀████████
████████▀
░░░░▀░░██████████
███████████▌░░▄▄▄░░░▀████████
███████
█████░░░███▌░░░█████████
███
████████░░░░░░░░░░▄█████████
█████████▀░░░▄████░░░░█████████
███
████▄▄░░░░▀▀▀░░░░▄████████
█████
███▌▄█░░▄▄▄▄█████████
▀████
██████▄██
██████████▀
▀▀█████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀
.BitcoinCleanUp.com.

.     Debunking Bitcoin's Energy Use     .
███████████████████████████████
███████▀█████████▀▀▀▀█▀████████
███████▌░▀▀████▀░░░░░░░▄███████
███████▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▐████████
████████▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████
████████▄░░░░░░░░░░░▄██████████
███████▀▀▀░░░░░░░▄▄████████████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄████████████████
...#EndTheFUD...
1Referee
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427

View Profile
December 26, 2015, 11:58:51 AM

As news goes, it's kind of a mixed bag.  The extra security for the network is always nice, but it doesn't ready aid decentralisation if a single group is in charge of a significant number of full nodes.  Provided that lots of prominent companies in the Bitcoin space do something similar, then it's good news.  But if the overall nodecount continues to decline while centralised groups have a larger percentage of them, then it has the potential to be bad news.

I am sure more Bitcoin related companies will help the network with adding full nodes. As you say, it might be a problem if the amount of full nodes are decreasing and only a few entities are left with their nodes, then decentralisation is as good as gone. But I am fairly sure that several parties will prevent that from happening by adding their nodes to the network.

We can also add an extra layer of network protection by letting our Bitcoin Core clients open. I am running a full node for more than a few months, and it feels good. If I am to buy a VPS or dedicated server when I need it, then I will install a full node there as well.
LiteCoinGuy (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1014

In Satoshi I Trust

View Profile WWW
December 26, 2015, 08:05:30 PM

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/bitcoin-giant-btcc-donates-100-full-nodes-help-maintain-network-1534926

trendax

Activity: 124
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
December 26, 2015, 09:29:55 PM

A 100 node deployment is impressive, surely this is just an attempt to improve mined block propagation from BTCC with a private Relay Network.

samanas

Activity: 95
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 27, 2015, 08:55:27 AM

A 100 node deployment is impressive, surely this is just an attempt to improve mined block propagation from BTCC with a private Relay Network.

Does the use of a private relay network still help secure the bitcoin network? Does it just propagate BTCC transactions.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: