Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 09:36:04 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitstamp is now the number two exchange  (Read 4856 times)
hazek
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1002

View Profile
March 19, 2013, 01:10:09 AM

My very first experience with Bitstamp.net using BTC was horrible.... I lost 1 BTC.
I'll neither be using nor recommending it unless this and this are resolved.

You lost it?? Did you try contacting support?

My personality type: INTJ - please forgive my weaknesses (Not naturally in tune with others feelings; may be insensitive at times, tend to respond to conflict with logic and reason, tend to believe I'm always right)

If however you enjoyed my post: 15j781DjuJeVsZgYbDVt2NZsGrWKRWFHpp

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Amitabh S
Legendary

Activity: 1001
Merit: 1003

View Profile
March 19, 2013, 01:47:27 AM

After considering the possible explanation, I'll not accuse anyone for now. I'll say its "misplaced". I'll revert after talking with support.

Coinsecure referral ID: https://coinsecure.in/signup/refamit (use this link to signup)
BitCoinLoft

Activity: 45
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
March 19, 2013, 03:46:36 AM

My very first experience with Bitstamp.net using BTC was horrible.... I lost 1 BTC.

Cannot agree. My first sepa deposit was cleared on the same day. Started trading immediately. Made my first profit right away (bought @47.25 and within a couple hours sold @47.70). Great experience and guess what? Depositing 500 eur today!
hazek
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1002

View Profile
March 19, 2013, 02:12:17 PM

It appears the second issue was resolved.

My personality type: INTJ - please forgive my weaknesses (Not naturally in tune with others feelings; may be insensitive at times, tend to respond to conflict with logic and reason, tend to believe I'm always right)

If however you enjoyed my post: 15j781DjuJeVsZgYbDVt2NZsGrWKRWFHpp
Herodes

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 19, 2013, 03:54:26 PM

Just noticed Bitstamp is now the 2nd most popular exchange by 30 day volume, replacing Btc-e which was previously the number 2. I personally haven't used Bitstamp but am pretty curious as to why it is doing so well. Anybody have an explanation? Is Bitstamp's rise mainly due to Bitfloor being hacked and unable to pay back customers?

I became a Bitstamp customer recently, and I don't know much about them so I haven't deposited much there yet, only done a few small trades, but their interface seems very responsive, pages are easy to navigate, and they have a decent fee schedule.

Btc-e - very difficult to get USD onto that site, it's not possible to use bitinstant at this time to fund an account there.
BitCoinLoft

View Profile WWW
March 19, 2013, 03:58:12 PM

Just noticed Bitstamp is now the 2nd most popular exchange by 30 day volume, replacing Btc-e which was previously the number 2. I personally haven't used Bitstamp but am pretty curious as to why it is doing so well. Anybody have an explanation? Is Bitstamp's rise mainly due to Bitfloor being hacked and unable to pay back customers?

I became a Bitstamp customer recently, and I don't know much about them so I haven't deposited much there yet, only done a few small trades, but their interface seems very responsive, pages are easy to navigate, and they have a decent fee schedule.

Btc-e - very difficult to get USD onto that site, it's not possible to use bitinstant at this time to fund an account there.

Yes Bitstamp provides a clean and responsive website. There are a couple of improvements that I would like to see. For example now I cancel/re-place order. It would be great to be able to adjust existing orders. Anyway, overall, it's very good. Yes, for USD it might more involved to get there. However, for SEPA it worked great. My depo was cleared on the same day. It's fascinating to be able to do things so fast. Literally, everything works at the speed of thought.  Grin
Herodes

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 19, 2013, 04:18:22 PM

Yes Bitstamp provides a clean and responsive website. There are a couple of improvements that I would like to see. For example now I cancel/re-place order. It would be great to be able to adjust existing orders.

Yes, I agree on this one. If one merely wants to change a property of a order, this should be easily done in a section called 'edit existing orders'. I miss this feature on MtGox, and as you say on Bitstamp, I don't know if any exchanges provides this. IT could be done through custom programing talking to an API though.

Anyway, overall, it's very good. Yes, for USD it might more involved to get there. However, for SEPA it worked great. My depo was cleared on the same day. It's fascinating to be able to do things so fast. Literally, everything works at the speed of thought.  Grin

You did SEPA to Bitstamp ? Was it converted to USD upon arrival ? What was the fees, and how long did it take ?

Yes, when you're used to MtGox, Bitstamp is lightening fast. Smiley

BitCoinLoft

View Profile WWW
March 19, 2013, 04:27:07 PM

Yes Bitstamp provides a clean and responsive website. There are a couple of improvements that I would like to see. For example now I cancel/re-place order. It would be great to be able to adjust existing orders.

Yes, I agree on this one. If one merely wants to change a property of a order, this should be easily done in a section called 'edit existing orders'. I miss this feature on MtGox, and as you say on Bitstamp, I don't know if any exchanges provides this. IT could be done through custom programing talking to an API though.

Anyway, overall, it's very good. Yes, for USD it might more involved to get there. However, for SEPA it worked great. My depo was cleared on the same day. It's fascinating to be able to do things so fast. Literally, everything works at the speed of thought.  Grin

You did SEPA to Bitstamp ? Was it converted to USD upon arrival ? What was the fees, and how long did it take ?

Yes, when you're used to MtGox, Bitstamp is lightening fast. Smiley

I got $128.65 for 100 Euro. With my bank I could have got a better rate but then the transfer would have been more expensive Smiley. Well I just double checked and it took around 6 hours from the time I initiated the payment from my internet banking.
Amitabh S
Legendary

Activity: 1001
Merit: 1003

View Profile
March 19, 2013, 05:18:22 PM

It appears the second issue was resolved.

I'm glad to say that both issues are resolved.. seemed to be some problem on Ripple.com. So I can now recommend and use them.

Coinsecure referral ID: https://coinsecure.in/signup/refamit (use this link to signup)
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: