Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 08:31:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Underground business...  (Read 2533 times)
danieldaniel

Activity: 854
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 04, 2012, 10:55:29 PM

You're getting defensive because I indirectly (and hypothetically) called you a scammer.

I'm not getting defensive, because I am not planning on any such businesses. It was all just hypothetical, so I hypothetically got defensive about your hypothetical accusation. It's all good though  Grin
Well, I think I could have hypothetically gotten offended based on your hypothetical question to start an illegal business (hypothetically).

This could hypothetically been super-illegal, and I hypothetically found it hypothetically necessary to hypothetically discourage you from hypothetically starting a hypothetically illegal business. 

Hypothetically.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
farlack
Legendary

Activity: 1311

View Profile
December 05, 2012, 12:51:44 AM

Is this a hypothetical business for repeat customers?

Hypothetically you could advertise the shit out of it, then stop advertising, and only sell to repeat customers.
Monster Tent

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 05, 2012, 05:13:41 AM

1. Dont start the hypothetical business then use the government to steal the users money or build you a giant mining farm.

jago25_98

Activity: 900

Crypto Geek

View Profile WWW
December 07, 2012, 01:47:50 AM

SilkRoad, BlackMarket and credit card fraud sites.
Look at what they do and learn.

In many countries breaking the law is a matter of survival or has grown into the culture - by this I mean in varying amounts. Visiting somewhere poor in South America could be useful research. Does any of us have any books on life for pirates in Somalia or opium growers in Afghanistan for example.

Are you into criminology too?

Bitcoiner since the early days. Crypto YouTube Channel: Trading Nomads | Analyst | News Reporter | Bitcoin Hodler | Support Freedom of Speech!
Rassah (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1035

View Profile WWW
December 07, 2012, 05:48:30 AM

I was into criminal psychology back when I was pursuing my long-abandoned psychology major. Not sure if I still am, though some cases still fascinate me.
Also,"The Pirates of Somalia" by Jay Bahadur is still very much on my need to read list.
underminer

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

Not for hire.

View Profile
December 14, 2012, 12:56:50 AM

In many countries breaking the law is a matter of survival or has grown into the culture - by this I mean in varying amounts.

I find it very interesting to point out this type of thing, here is my (hypothetical) example:

In real life, I fly around in helicopters, drive mercedes, and wear rolex watches--but hypothetically speaking *if* I didn't have a whole lot of money and tended to drive older cars all the time that still needed to be smog tested and one of my cars failed the emissions tests, it occurred to me that it would actually be a very expensive thing to set "right" and still be 100% legal on.  I believe that you get three "tries" or tests before you are exempt, and if your tabs are expired, that is three tests (which cost money) plus various (also costing) attempts at repair PLUS trip permits you must buy each time you move the vehicle on the road--all assuming that *hypothetically* the vehicle had not been used for a couple years.  Its the government screwing with the small-timer.

Keep your bitcoins my .02 are free.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: