Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 12:57:49 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Where to storage the passwords?  (Read 543 times)
USBitcoinServices.Com (OP)

Activity: 1666
Merit: 267

Earn bitcoins every hour: USBitcoinServices.com

View Profile WWW
December 26, 2015, 06:29:52 AM

Hi there, is there any safe or good password storage system that can be safe to storage your passphrases, passwords, usernames, secret key, public key, hints, etc.,?

Maybe we need already a blockchain that stores just that!!

franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4256
Merit: 4528

View Profile
December 26, 2015, 07:07:41 AM

Hi there, is there any safe or good password storage system that can be safe to storage your passphrases, passwords, usernames, secret key, public key, hints, etc.,?

blockchains are public. so dont store private info publicly.

nothing beats a piece of paper.. then if stolen the only people you can blame are the people at arms length from you

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
bitbaby

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
December 26, 2015, 07:19:16 AM

I use KeePassX to store my not so important passwords with a good master password, as I use different password for all the sites I visit and for important ones I maintain a diary to which only I have the access to, I also encrypt them using my pgp keys if I am going to store them on the PC and for private keys, you can encrypt them with bip38 whilst making them.

coindoubling

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 26, 2015, 07:36:50 AM

With the plethora of websites that you probably have accounts for, there’s simply no way to easily remember every single password without duplicating them. This is where a password manager comes in. There are a number of password managers out there.
Choose one that best fits you.
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4256
Merit: 4528

View Profile
December 26, 2015, 07:43:20 AM

a few people have a simple sha encrypter..

when setting up accounts/changing password
they remember a simple length of words

EG (dont knitpick cant be arsed to think up 12 word seed just for this explanation)
how now brown cow

then when using paypal, they would Sha256 hash the input seed:
paypalhownowbrowncow
which is
0e386513850404dcc828e6c3a86201e686cfaf8f0416316b9ee1fa2ba9fc8e45   <- using this as the password for paypal

for steam
steamhownowbrowncow
which is
7ed2b54519f51fca989ab5d9498a0a7f647313a8e172e2d25e5b6c46fadd0f2e   <- using this as the password for steam

for facebook
facebookhownowbrowncow
which is
f8d0298ff00161704bcc6cab824a695ae0280f617a503ebb72faee0148e55683    <- using this as the password for facebook

that way by using the final hash as your password for that particular service.. its long entropy unique to that site/service and the seed is easy to remember.

of course use a better seed than hownowbrowncow

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
Jeremycoin
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1003

𝓗𝓞𝓓𝓛

View Profile
December 26, 2015, 10:22:21 AM

Just keep it in your mind, if you can memorize all of your password then you're good to go Smiley
No one can Hack your brain Wink

faucet used to be profitable
bob123
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 2481

View Profile WWW
December 26, 2015, 10:24:48 AM

Just keep it in your mind, if you can memorize all of your password then you're good to go Smiley

This.

Nothing is better than memorizing your passwords.

Erkallys
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1004

View Profile
December 26, 2015, 10:34:04 AM

blockchains are public. so dont store private info publicly.

nothing beats a piece of paper.. then if stolen the only people you can blame are the people at arms length from you

This is true, paper is your best bet. If you are really paranoid you can hide this paper in a really hidden place, like in a mustard pot. Writing it down under a stamp is also a good idea. This way you are sure no one will ever find it. However, if you house catch fire, it will be lost. But since I think you'll have bigger problems than your bitcoins this won't be a problem Wink.
1Referee
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427

View Profile
December 26, 2015, 10:35:42 AM

I have written all my passwords on several papers and hided them in several places in my house. That's how I will always have my passwords around me.
KenR

Activity: 910

「きみはこれ&#

View Profile
December 26, 2015, 10:49:41 AM

Paper wallets are typically used for storage of the private keys along with any silver coin.Similarly you can write down your password in a piece of paper and store it in a very protected place inside something.

████
█ ████
█ ████
█ ████
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
  ████ █
  ████ █
  ████ █
  ████
  ████
█ ████
█ ████
█ ████
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
  ████ █
  ████ █
  ████ █
  ████
  .WEBSITE.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
  .ANN THREAD.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
  ████
█ ████
█ ████
█ ████
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
  ████ █
  ████ █
  ████ █
  ████
HarHarHar9965

Activity: 994

View Profile
December 26, 2015, 11:04:40 AM

Try to save your Main passwords in your googledrive or onedrive folders Because Whenever you need you can easily find it. As memorizing also good. And private keys We have save any harddrive where no one can’t easily access apart for you.
Ceizer54

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 26, 2015, 11:10:30 AM

The best option would be to store your password on certain app that is just made for this purpose and then protect that app with another password..This way you just have to remember one password Smiley
EdenHazard
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1048

View Profile
December 26, 2015, 11:18:51 AM

interesting question, it is very important to secure accounts with passwords that are very difficult to predict, and storage of passwords is the right thing, I tried to give you some reference to choose a password manager, see here:
http://lifehacker.com/5529133/five-best-password-managers
http://www.darkreading.com/risk-management/10-top-password-managers/d/d-id/1109759?

.7 BTC  WELCOME BONUS!..
███████████████████████████
██████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▀▀██████
█████████▄██████ ████ ▀████
██████▀▀ ▄▄▄▄ ▀▀███▀▄██ ███
████▀   ██████   ▀██████ ██
███ ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄ ██▄▄▄ ██
██ █████▀    ▀█████ ████ ██
██  ▀██        ███▀ ███ ███
██   ▄██▄    ▄██▄   █▀▄████
███ ▄████████████▄ ████████
████▄▀███▀▀▀▀███▀▄█████████
██████▄▄      ▄▄███████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████▄█████▄█▄███▄█▄██████████▄██▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████▀████▄████▀██████████████████████████▄█████▄██▄█████▄████▄████▄████▄████████
█████████████████▐█████▌███████████▄█████▀███▀▀████████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀██████▀▀███▀▀███████████
██████████████▄████▀████▄██████████████████▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████
████████████████▀█▀███▀█▀██████████▀███████▀█████████▀█████▀██▀█████▀███████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████▀▀  ▐█▌  ▀▀████████
██████▄     ▐█▌     ▄██████
████ ▀██▄▄███████▄▄██▀ ████
███    ██▀▀  ▄  ▀▀██    ███
██    ██   ▄███▄   ██    ██
████████  ███████  ████████
██    ██  ▀▀ █ ▀▀  ██    ██
███    ██▄▄ ▀▀▀ ▄▄██    ███
████ ▄██▀▀██████▀▀▀██▄ ████
██████▀     ▐█▌     ▀██████
████████▄▄  ▐█▌  ▄▄████████
.30+  ALTCOINS AVAILABLE..
bearex

Activity: 560
Merit: 501

View Profile
December 26, 2015, 11:29:24 AM

No, i think you can simply store them on physical piece of paper, and they will be ok.
virtualx

Activity: 672
Merit: 507

LOTEO

View Profile
December 26, 2015, 11:33:43 AM

You could use a password manager. This type of programs, you only need to remember the 'master password'. The program will record all passwords. The danger in this is if someone with access to your computer can access your master password.
Keepass is a popular one http://keepass.info/

Hashing is also a good option. Take the sha256 hash of any 'phrase' and you get a nice long hash like f074930805f6d20bec5119e0c95ecf9fd743e71b938542f2862fd9281bc682ca
It's similar to brainwallet approach

...loteo...
DIGITAL ERA LOTTERY

r

▄▄███████████▄▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄███████████████████████▄
▄██████████████████████████▄
▄██  ███████▌ ▐██████████████▄
▐██▌ ▐█▀  ▀█    ▐█▀   ▀██▀  ▀██▌
▐██  █▌ █▌ ██  ██▌ ██▌ █▌ █▌ ██▌
▐█▌ ▐█ ▐█ ▐█▌ ▐██  ▄▄▄██ ▐█ ▐██▌
▐█  ██▄  ▄██    █▄    ██▄  ▄███▌
▀████████████████████████████▀
▀██████████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀▀███████████▀▀
r

RPLAY NOWR
BE A MOON VISITOR!
[/center]
celebreze32

Activity: 296
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 26, 2015, 11:45:31 AM

You could use a password manager. This type of programs, you only need to remember the 'master password'. The program will record all passwords. The danger in this is if someone with access to your computer can access your master password.
Keepass is a popular one http://keepass.info/

Hashing is also a good option. Take the sha256 hash of any 'phrase' and you get a nice long hash like f074930805f6d20bec5119e0c95ecf9fd743e71b938542f2862fd9281bc682ca
It's similar to brainwallet approach

A password manager is preferable to inputting a password through a keyboard if you are in a position where you have to consider the risk of covert cameras recording all your key presses. Most people don't have to consider that risk in their homes, but if you have to live somewhere insecure, or frequently have to stay in hotels it's worth considering.

Most people have now heard of debit card skimming devices that get attached to ATMs in the street, copy your card and record your pin with a secret camera. There's a risk someone could use a secret camera to spy on your computer if they know you have large quantities of Bitcoins. It would be easier than using a debit card skimming device.
okae
Legendary

Activity: 1401
Merit: 1008

northern exposure

View Profile WWW
December 26, 2015, 11:47:04 AM

I use KeePassX to store my not so important passwords with a good master password, as I use different password for all the sites I visit and for important ones I maintain a diary to which only I have the access to, I also encrypt them using my pgp keys if I am going to store them on the PC and for private keys, you can encrypt them with bip38 whilst making them.

That tool is pretty useful, if you know how to stored the key, is freeware and have lot of nice features, i recommend it.

Another one good way to store your password is the paper ( old school ) Tongue but you know for some purposes this is complicated.

A password manager is preferable to inputting a password through a keyboard if you are in a position where you have to consider the risk of covert cameras recording all your key presses. Most people don't have to consider that risk in their homes, but if you have to live somewhere insecure, or frequently have to stay in hotels it's worth considering.

Most people have now heard of debit card skimming devices that get attached to ATMs in the street, copy your card and record your pin with a secret camera. There's a risk someone could use a secret camera to spy on your computer if they know you have large quantities of Bitcoins. It would be easier than using a debit card skimming device.

that tool have something like an auto-type obfuscation with can do the trick Wink

IMHO #1.b of suspects, Hal Finney is/was S.N.
Anubiss

Activity: 324
Merit: 250

Purple Six Recordz

View Profile WWW
December 26, 2015, 12:25:08 PM

Paper and pencil. Most secure type.

1HM5uwyXYow5peuY9Q258NkazgDTCnVUvX
YouTube
SoundCloud
beeng

Activity: 169
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 26, 2015, 03:28:01 PM

I'm using yellow sticky note, but will consider keepass.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: