Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 05:16:00 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Mt Gox multiple bot trading from the same account  (Read 1117 times)
gweedo (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 12, 2012, 07:04:26 PM

Ok so right now I been using one MT Gox account to have my bot to trade out of, but I want to implement another bot, so is there anyway to track trades so bot #1 can only trade only transactions it has made or do I have to make another account and is that against TOS?

What is the best way to solve this issue?
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
epetroel

Activity: 431
Merit: 251

View Profile
December 12, 2012, 09:10:25 PM

I've had several bots trading on the same account without much trouble - you just have to track externally (in a database or whatever) which trades go with each bot.

The fun thing is when your bots trade with each other on the same account (can happen occasionally, even with well designed bots if they have different objectives).  Gox seems to handle that just fine, but other exchanges have been a mixed bag.
kakobrekla

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

Psi laju, karavani prolaze.

View Profile
December 12, 2012, 10:11:25 PM

Actually you can use 2 accounts from same ip without issues (words of magical tux). I am using two for quite some time now. One is verified, the other isn't. It is possible to use one yubikey for both.

It would be possible to use more than 2 (just api) but you cant login to front end to more than 2 accounts in ~4weeks (approx, may be off, better double check it).

I also heard sub-accounts are on todo list - that will solve this issue.

Luno

Activity: 504
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 14, 2012, 07:53:08 AM
Last edit: December 14, 2012, 08:14:17 AM by Luno

The only thing I don't want is if bot #1 buys at $5 and bot #2 buys at $5.50 and when I need to sell it bot #1 sells some of the coins that i purchased at $5.50 for maybe $5.60 where I really wanted the $5 to sell at that. There no way to tell a bot to see only coins purchased at a certain priced?

gweedo that's an illusion, you are trading in relative prices and ratios. It doesn't matter if you sell your 5.50 or your 5.00 coin, the cost is the same. The only difference being that your #1 bot balance  is 0.50 $ higher than #2 would be, but that is only so in the book keeping. Every coin you own has exactly he same value right now.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: