Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 09:30:47 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Blowing up today on Reddit - go upvote!!  (Read 5467 times)
molecular
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2772
Merit: 1019

View Profile
December 12, 2012, 06:58:08 AM

It's amazing how many people don't get it. What is funny is they are seeing the future of how everything is going to go right in front of them. What is there not to like about Bitcoin?

edit:Also, good jobs to the guys who are putting up the good fight ! Wink

bbit, can you use a different avatar? I discard every post of you at the point I realize you're not gavin, no matter how good your post. I just think: what an ass, posing as gavin. Maybe it's just me but I thought I'd let you know.

PGP key molecular F9B70769 fingerprint 9CDD C0D3 20F8 279F 6BE0  3F39 FC49 2362 F9B7 0769

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
MemoryDealers
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1052
Merit: 1105

View Profile WWW
December 12, 2012, 08:48:55 AM

Please upvote this video as well:

http://www.reddit.com/r/videos/comments/14pt5m/how_to_create_a_free_bitcoin_wallet/

Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
December 12, 2012, 08:55:32 AM

Where's Genjjix when you need him?
molecular
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
December 12, 2012, 11:32:48 AM

why do you need him?

PGP key molecular F9B70769 fingerprint 9CDD C0D3 20F8 279F 6BE0  3F39 FC49 2362 F9B7 0769
greyhawk

Activity: 938
Merit: 1009

View Profile
December 12, 2012, 11:34:51 AM

why do you need him?

He's very experienced in explaining Bitcoins to people.
Roger_Murdock

Activity: 342
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 12, 2012, 11:37:36 AM

bbit, can you use a different avatar? I discard every post of you at the point I realize you're not gavin, no matter how good your post. I just think: what an ass, posing as gavin. Maybe it's just me but I thought I'd let you know.

Dude, you're posing as a deity.  Are you really in a position to talk? Wink
molecular
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
December 12, 2012, 11:42:45 AM

Dude, you're posing as a deity.  Are you really in a position to talk? Wink

Are you sure I'm posing as the deity. You better watch out, I might have good connections with fortuna! Wink

benjamindees
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 12, 2012, 05:43:11 PM

wow, just saw that bitcointip bot. That's awesome.

Unfotunately it doesn't answer my messages ;(

Could it be down or am I doing something wrong?

/time traveler spotted

Civil Liberty Through Complex Mathematics
Roger_Murdock

Activity: 342

View Profile
December 13, 2012, 02:21:11 AM

Wow, that thread is great! I think this is my favorite comment:
Are you kidding me? Is this thread filled with as many BitCoin promoters as it feels like? Pretty much every upvoted comment/thread looks like it was planned out. I don't know why, but something feels really fishy about this whole thing.
And this response to the above is also classic:
It's almost as if people had asked these questions before!
It reminds me of a similar phenomenon I still see (although less and less frequently) in comments on stories dealing with drug prohibition. Some God-fearing, red-blooded, flag-waving American wanders in and becomes confused and alarmed.  ("Drugs are BAD. And BAD THINGS should be ILLEGAL. I mean, everyone knows that ... right?") He's astonished to encounter a well-informed and articulate counterview.  And he's even more astonished to find himself in the unfamiliar position of holding the minority viewpoint.

foo

Activity: 409

View Profile
December 13, 2012, 06:58:41 AM

The concept of mining makes the folk suspicious. Creating money out of thin air? Blasphemy!

How about explaining it like this instead:

All 21 million bitcoins were instantly created when Satoshi designed the algorithm. They just haven't all been distributed yet.

That way the mental image will hopefully be coins being taken out of a vault somewhere and given to the miners, rather than the miners creating coins out of thin air.

I know this because Tyler knows this.
Yuhfhrh

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 13, 2012, 07:09:01 AM

The concept of mining makes the folk suspicious. Creating money out of thin air? Blasphemy!

How about explaining it like this instead:

All 21 million bitcoins were instantly created when Satoshi designed the algorithm. They just haven't all been distributed yet.

That way the mental image will hopefully be coins being taken out of a vault somewhere and given to the miners, rather than the miners creating coins out of thin air.

I like this much better. All the Bitcoins have been created, just not distributed.
giszmo
Legendary

Activity: 1862

WalletScrutiny.com

View Profile WWW
December 13, 2012, 10:15:11 PM

Are you kidding me? Is this thread filled with as many BitCoin promoters as it feels like? Pretty much every upvoted comment/thread looks like it was planned out. I don't know why, but something feels really fishy about this whole thing.

I don't know if it is good or bad but rigging a reddit should be quite easy. Consider an issue tracker that treats each reply to one reddit as an issue. The interested community could mark issues as resolved as soon as a sufficiently good answer was given. This way a far smaller group can answer far more posts without all having to read all posts.

A more generic approach would be a browser plugin that allows me to mark reddit users as competent/my team/insiders and the plugin automatically collapses all posts that were already dealt with by a marked users.

ɃɃWalletScrutiny.comIs your wallet secure?(Methodology)
WalletScrutiny checks if wallet builds are reproducible, a precondition for code audits to be of value.
ɃɃ
molecular
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
December 13, 2012, 11:15:21 PM

I don't know if it is good or bad but rigging a reddit should be quite easy. Consider an issue tracker that treats each reply to one reddit as an issue. The interested community could mark issues as resolved as soon as a sufficiently good answer was given. This way a far smaller group can answer far more posts without all having to read all posts.

A more generic approach would be a browser plugin that allows me to mark reddit users as competent/my team/insiders and the plugin automatically collapses all posts that were already dealt with by a marked users.

I like it. Would definitely use it together with you guys. Call it "crowd control" or something Wink.

Rudd-O

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
December 14, 2012, 11:26:36 AM

The EnoughPaulSpam crew of professional astroturfers raided the thread and buried the comments of pretty much anyone saying factual things about Bitcoin, with 40+ down votes each comment. They also introduced and up voted their usual FUD and disinformation.  They are quite the destructive  cointelpro force, have been since the Digg days.

But it was one day too late.  Har har.

However, one comment at the top which contained some concern trolling did get visibility. Perhaps next time such a situation can be dealt with more, ahem, effectively.

All in all,
Well done my fellow redditors.
Rudd-O

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
December 14, 2012, 11:27:57 AM

Something like that could be built as a RES plugin.
giszmo
Legendary

Activity: 1862

WalletScrutiny.com

View Profile WWW
December 14, 2012, 07:14:14 PM

Something like that could be built as a RES plugin.

what is an RES plugin? (yes, I duckducked it a bit but didn't find it).

ɃɃWalletScrutiny.comIs your wallet secure?(Methodology)
WalletScrutiny checks if wallet builds are reproducible, a precondition for code audits to be of value.
ɃɃ
kjlimo
Legendary

Activity: 2086
Merit: 1031

View Profile WWW
December 16, 2012, 11:27:09 PM

Made sure to up vote.  Not sure if it matters as much 5 days later... heh

Coinbase for selling BTCs
Fold for spending BTCs
PM me with any questions on these sites/apps!  http://www.montybitcoin.com

or Vircurex for trading alt cryptocurrencies like DOGEs
CoinNinja for exploring the blockchain.
repentance

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 16, 2012, 11:30:35 PM

Soliciting upvotes is a good way to get yourself shadowbanned.

All I can say is that this is Bitcoin. I don't believe it until I see six confirmations.
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: