Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 01:05:30 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why did Bitcoin drop in value over Christmas?  (Read 2812 times)
Jet Cash (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2744
Merit: 2462

https://JetCash.com

View Profile WWW
December 26, 2015, 01:09:38 PM

I can see it dropping before Christmas as people want money for presents, but why has it dropped over the last 24 hours?
It's gone from £308 to £280. It looks as if it might be a good time to buy.

Offgrid campers allow you to enjoy life and preserve your health and wealth.
Save old Cars - my project to save old cars from scrapage schemes, and to reduce the sale of new cars.
My new Bitcoin transfer address is - bc1q9gtz8e40en6glgxwk4eujuau2fk5wxrprs6fys
hdbuck
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1002

View Profile
December 26, 2015, 01:12:35 PM

because santa does not exist.
Jet Cash (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 26, 2015, 01:38:43 PM

I've just noticed that someone else has started a similar thread. Apologies for starting this. Mods please merge or delete this thread if you feel it will clutter the board.

Save old Cars - my project to save old cars from scrapage schemes, and to reduce the sale of new cars.
EdenHazard
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1048

View Profile
December 26, 2015, 01:49:51 PM

I can see it dropping before Christmas as people want money for presents, but why has it dropped over the last 24 hours?
rise or fall of the price of bitcoin is very common, why suddenly so many who ask this? Grin
santa might not like bitcoin Cheesy

.7 BTC  WELCOME BONUS!..
███████████████████████████
██████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▀▀██████
█████████▄██████ ████ ▀████
██████▀▀ ▄▄▄▄ ▀▀███▀▄██ ███
████▀   ██████   ▀██████ ██
███ ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄ ██▄▄▄ ██
██ █████▀    ▀█████ ████ ██
██  ▀██        ███▀ ███ ███
██   ▄██▄    ▄██▄   █▀▄████
███ ▄████████████▄ ████████
████▄▀███▀▀▀▀███▀▄█████████
██████▄▄      ▄▄███████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████▄█████▄█▄███▄█▄██████████▄██▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████▀████▄████▀██████████████████████████▄█████▄██▄█████▄████▄████▄████▄████████
█████████████████▐█████▌███████████▄█████▀███▀▀████████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀██████▀▀███▀▀███████████
██████████████▄████▀████▄██████████████████▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████
████████████████▀█▀███▀█▀██████████▀███████▀█████████▀█████▀██▀█████▀███████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████▀▀  ▐█▌  ▀▀████████
██████▄     ▐█▌     ▄██████
████ ▀██▄▄███████▄▄██▀ ████
███    ██▀▀  ▄  ▀▀██    ███
██    ██   ▄███▄   ██    ██
████████  ███████  ████████
██    ██  ▀▀ █ ▀▀  ██    ██
███    ██▄▄ ▀▀▀ ▄▄██    ███
████ ▄██▀▀██████▀▀▀██▄ ████
██████▀     ▐█▌     ▀██████
████████▄▄  ▐█▌  ▄▄████████
.30+  ALTCOINS AVAILABLE..
tn211

Activity: 778
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 26, 2015, 01:51:31 PM

It was a logical move to go down, after so much time we should be happy it stayed so high for along. In a way i expected it go down much earlier.
unamis76
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1009

View Profile
December 26, 2015, 02:09:16 PM

Because people are selling. Just like when it goes up, it's because people are buying Grin
wadii33

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 26, 2015, 02:09:59 PM

it's normal their are a lot of people need money for chrismass so they started selling their bitcoins that's way it going a bit down it's better to buy now because i think it will go higher in january
maokoto

Activity: 770

✪ NEXCHANGE | BTC, LTC, ETH & DOGE ✪

View Profile WWW
December 26, 2015, 02:34:18 PM

I heard some speculation about Bitcoin going up for Christmas. That might have made people buy a lot, then it did not go so much up, and people decided to cash in after Christmas.

But who knows really...

n2004al
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 26, 2015, 02:37:24 PM

First because the presents can be made even during or even immediately after Christmas. So continue the trend. Second because might be made some speculation knowing that in this time of the year can be fluctuations of the value of bitcoin because of the celebrations. And third (maybe this can be the most important one) the celebration were not finished yet. In most countries (first of all the Muslim ones but not only in those) the last day of the current year is celebrated more than Christmas. Much more. In those countries the presents are made the last days of the year. So can be again time to see how will go the price of bitcoin.
Jet Cash (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 26, 2015, 02:51:58 PM

I appreciate that there are fluctuations in value, but the Christmas drop seemed to coincide with some strange behaviour in the Dollar/Sterling rate. This made me wonder if there was a news item that I had missed.

bitraine

Activity: 348
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 26, 2015, 03:01:41 PM

i think something going to happen looks like the price drop is preparing for a big pump.

yeah people are selling bitcoins. grandma dont want bitcoins for a christmas present.
quadriple7

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 26, 2015, 03:19:42 PM

well i can think of just one reason that might affected the price to go down like that, i believe that people started selling their bitcoins because of the fact that they needed some money to spend for christmas presents after a month or so it will rise significantly in my opinion
HostSurf

Activity: 224

View Profile
December 26, 2015, 03:24:54 PM

People getting impatient could be the main reason.
Perhaps some big time investors needed some cash to pay some big debt.
There could be so many reasons...
TheGr33k

Activity: 518

View Profile
December 26, 2015, 03:25:48 PM

I have no idea. I was dissappointed, but tried to hide the obvious anger.
HostSurf

Activity: 224

View Profile
December 26, 2015, 03:36:07 PM

Don't be. It is just a natural market reaction. You will see the market calming down tomorrow and from there a new potential pump will come.
Either before NYE or the first weeks of 2016
BlackPanda
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 26, 2015, 03:41:34 PM

This decline could occur because some traders were stopped conduct trading activities. bitcoin volume activity will increase after the long holiday ended. most choose a vacation.  Grin
Ceizer54

Activity: 196

View Profile
December 26, 2015, 03:54:39 PM

because santa does not exist.
Exactly,I agree with this..people are selling there coins just to buy gift for there loved ones,there kids..I wish if santa really existed then we can have that same rate that was just the few days ago Grin
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
December 26, 2015, 03:58:55 PM

because 400-500 range still need consolidation to be rock solid, it was reached too damn fast, it's always like that wehn you touch another mark

high chance that it fall, but it's quite clear that we are heading again there, see you after this bull trap
Moneyburner

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 26, 2015, 04:10:26 PM

The quick jump up probably enticed some people to sell out and have some fun with their extra money.

▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼  No.1 Bitcoin Binary Options and Double Dice  ▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼
████████████████████████████████  sec◔nds trade  ████████████████████████████████
↑↓ Instant Bets ↑↓ Flexible 1~720 minutes Expiry time ↑↓ Highest Reward 190% ↑↓ 16 Assets [btc, forex, gold, 1% edge double dice] ↑↓
The KGB

Activity: 122
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 26, 2015, 04:26:03 PM

Don't be. It is just a natural artificial market manipulation. You will see the market calming going into panic mode when china wakes up tonight and from there a new potential pump dump will come.
Either before NYE or the first weeks of 2016
Tonight

Corrected it for you, you are welcome.
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: