Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 06:44:43 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin (shitcoin) is dying  (Read 8190 times)
RyNinDaCleM
Legendary

Activity: 2408
Merit: 1009

Legen -wait for it- dary

View Profile
May 07, 2016, 05:57:51 PM

I advise everyone to sell bitcoin now,  because all are expecting moon after halving. They will be doomed instead.

This guy gets it

This guy has habitually not been getting it. I do expect a halving dump in July though.

I know... his flip-flops cloping around definitely makes the credibility wane, which is why my comment was more tongue in cheek. I do agree with him that the halving rally may not be what many here expect, and I've had that stance for a long time, so I didn't feel the need to put emphasis on the "/s" label. Smiley

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
lister storm

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 07, 2016, 09:27:22 PM

Nice thread title. It really sets you up for your credibility to shine like the stars.
well yeah the op wanted to make bitcoin look like it is really bad even though it is the best crypto currency that has ever been invented so i guess it should be changed though thats just my opinion

i think that bitcoin will never die to be honest because i hope that people will sooner or later realize that bitcoin has a lot of potential to grow and make them some good money
ask (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1004

View Profile
May 08, 2016, 05:26:50 AM

Guys I am really affraid that if you are stil holding,  you are holding EXPENSIVE coins.  Why should anyone buy those coins from you at higher prices if he/she/it is not buying them now when they are "cheap"?

Greater fool game,  not much more to say.
Chef Ramsay
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 08, 2016, 05:53:13 AM

Guys I am really affraid that if you are stil holding,  you are holding EXPENSIVE coins.  Why should anyone buy those coins from you at higher prices if he/she/it is not buying them now when they are "cheap"?

Greater fool game,  not much more to say.
darewaller

Activity: 2814
Merit: 634

View Profile
May 08, 2016, 09:25:41 AM

Nice thread title. It really sets you up for your credibility to shine like the stars.
But I don’t like the title as now bitcoin is not in the situation that it will die, now if there is no anyone to buy because everyone have bought enough and so they have to wait or use them for them in order to support it.
cluit
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1016

View Profile
May 09, 2016, 03:55:44 PM

I advise everyone to sell bitcoin now,  because all are expecting moon after halving. They will be doomed instead.

This guy gets it

This guy has habitually not been getting it. I do expect a halving dump in July though.
I think the halving in the July of this year will have a very good effect on bitcoin, and the price will really touch the moon so we do not need to sell our coins now but have to wait for halving.
yefi
Legendary

Activity: 2842
Merit: 1511

View Profile
May 09, 2016, 04:31:09 PM

I think the halving in the July of this year will have a very good effect on bitcoin, and the price will really touch the moon so we do not need to sell our coins now but have to wait for halving.

To clarify, I expect a significant rise prior to the halving, but then around the halving itself, I expect a dump.
coinzat

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

Young but I'm not that bold

View Profile
May 09, 2016, 04:35:57 PM

bitcoin did not die after your thread with 6 months  Grin
people who say bitcoin is dying without any clear proof, they are either against bitcoin and want others to leave it or they are buyers and they want the price to go down
chocobeem

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 09, 2016, 04:55:28 PM

Bitcoins is the best and can never die
mrhelpful
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1002

View Profile
May 09, 2016, 05:23:06 PM

To clarify, I expect a significant rise prior to the halving, but then around the halving itself, I expect a dump.

A dump is to be expected but not too much. Unless a only if high #`s are reached 1st.. but this also lets prices to drop at the same time.

Which sort of sets a small trend to make people to sell within the same month and make them re-think of their ownership.
maokoto

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

✪ NEXCHANGE | BTC, LTC, ETH & DOGE ✪

View Profile WWW
May 09, 2016, 05:40:04 PM

it does  not seem to be dying too much... actually is going up, slowly but steady. Right now.

socks435
Legendary

Activity: 2016
Merit: 1030

Privacy is always important

View Profile
May 09, 2016, 05:44:27 PM

A dump is to be expected but not too much. Unless a only if high #`s are reached 1st.. but this also lets prices to drop at the same time.

Which sort of sets a small trend to make people to sell within the same month and make them re-think of their ownership.
Your right not too much unless if the china decided to dump all their bitcoins.. we will see the price will going back to old price i think 100 usd if it will happen.. just lets hope that they are still holding it until the price reach high value..

Solving blocks can't be solved without my rigs.
romero121
Legendary

Activity: 3164
Merit: 1213

View Profile
May 09, 2016, 06:40:35 PM

it does  not seem to be dying too much... actually is going up, slowly but steady. Right now.

The reality is that most altcoins which were developed following the bitcoin's technology were in rise at certain instance. So we can't make exact prediction whether its going up or down.
el kaka22
Legendary

Activity: 3514
Merit: 1162

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
May 09, 2016, 07:53:58 PM

This guy gets it

I know... his flip-flops cloping around definitely makes the credibility wane, which is why my comment was more tongue in cheek. I do agree with him that the halving rally may not be what many here expect, and I've had that stance for a long time, so I didn't feel the need to put emphasis on the "/s" label. Smiley
The same situation was also in the halving of 2013 when no one was expecting any value rise for bitcoin and at halving they got an amazing profit , the same will happen now in this halving also you will see.

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
█████████████████████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
RyNinDaCleM
Legendary

Activity: 2408
Merit: 1009

Legen -wait for it- dary

View Profile
May 09, 2016, 08:24:17 PM

This guy gets it

The same situation was also in the halving of 2013 when no one was expecting any value rise for bitcoin and at halving they got an amazing profit , the same will happen now in this halving also you will see.

I'm pretty sure people expected to see an immediate doubling in price. Perhaps when it didn't do it on block #210,001, some may have had doubts, but I think it was fairly unanimous that "halving would double price" was the belief before the actual event. What I see as possible here is anyone who had the chance to buy, have done so by the halving. This is because the anticipated "doubling" of price. So this leads to a situation where front runners (those who simply want to capitalize on the event as a speculation) buy and everyone wanting to get in as cheap as possible is front running each other making the rally happen before the halving. Then exhaustion sets in before or around the time of the halving and the weight of the market brings it back down. IMO, this makes for a situation where every subsequent halving will be weaker than the last until it has zero effect. Combine all that with the exponential difficulty of doubling the price at these levels, and I think it is entirely possible that price doublings every week, are a thing of the past. Sure, we can double from here, fairly quickly, but to double that?

FARxYodakota77

Activity: 145
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 09, 2016, 08:28:31 PM

This "dying" is not true at all

uki
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1000

cryptojunk bag holder

View Profile
May 09, 2016, 08:55:47 PM

This guy gets it

If $500-600 means moon, then I agree.
Otherwise, we simply don't have reasons to fuel further growth on halving alone.

this space is intentionally left blank
BombayChicken

Activity: 269

View Profile
May 10, 2016, 07:54:08 AM

There are many people these days that are saying the coin is dying each year but why would ebay use
their paying method. Not because hes dying because he gets more and more publicity. So bit coin is dying i dont think so.
RobinHoodster

Activity: 350

View Profile
May 10, 2016, 10:02:17 AM

Where are all buyers now?  Are they hiding themselves in holes?
People are not showing up because they are not happy with the price lately and they are just waiting for the price to change so they can either sell their coins or buy some coins.
Dekker3D

Activity: 434

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
May 10, 2016, 10:06:14 AM

And it seems far from what OP stated. At least now that we're near the halving period, people are actively participating in collecting bitcoins for future selling once the price doubles.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: