Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: BMB is a sex machine
True - 18 (62.1%)
Mostly-True - 11 (37.9%)
Total Voters: 29

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BLOCKSTREAM Appreciation Thread  (Read 6265 times)
BlindMayorBitcorn (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1115

View Profile
December 27, 2015, 07:46:58 AM

You know what to do.

Appreciate!

Forgive my petulance and oft-times, I fear, ill-founded criticisms, and forgive me that I have, by this time, made your eyes and head ache with my long letter. But I cannot forgo hastily the pleasure and pride of thus conversing with you.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
bhodson

Activity: 72
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 27, 2015, 07:48:21 AM

I appreciate anyone coming up with new ideas for Bitcoin.  Hope to hear many new suggestions and ideas from Blockstream over the next 12 months.
keepdoing

Activity: 140
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 31, 2015, 11:05:21 PM

I appreciate anyone coming up with new ideas for Bitcoin.  Hope to hear many new suggestions and ideas from Blockstream over the next 12 months.
The main thing that would be helpful to come out of Blockstream is humility.  

Oh wait, no need to be humble when you are doing everything because everyone else is incompetent, and you know what is best for everyone else, and you can prove it by the simple fact that you have a vote and can wield it to block anyone that says otherwise.

My prediction is that in the end, Blockstream arrogance will result in Bitcoin XT or some sort of FiatCoin.  They have wasted so much time that could have been spend productively - by creating this toxic stalemate environment.  But when a financial shock hits, and people are running screaming for the exit doors - the only thing that will be ready is XT, and I predict a succesful Fork will occur.  Those remaining on the Core chain will eventually watch Bitcoin become an illegal alt.  And I hate it - but I don't have a vote.  I just read the obvious tea leaves.

Entitled Arrogance and Selfishness - not much to be appreciated there.
keepdoing

View Profile
January 01, 2016, 02:00:30 AM

I appreciate anyone coming up with new ideas for Bitcoin.  Hope to hear many new suggestions and ideas from Blockstream over the next 12 months.
I've got news for you.... you've gotten all you are going to get.  The Core Dev Team is a failed sham.  They've given you their solution.... Lightening Network/Liquid/Blockstream.  Period.  Under no circumstances will there be any meaningful discussion that includes raising the block size, making it intelligently scalable based on growth.  This way they protect what is important to them.... THEIR CONTROL OVER THEIR ECONOMIC BUSINESS MODEL.

Keyword above is "business".  They have a HUGE conflict of interest in that they are making decisions based on what is good for their business model. 

The biggest SCAM in the entire Bitcoin System is Blockstreams whole "Us vs the Fiat System" headfake.   Blockstream is positioning itself to be the "New Fiat Central Authority".   Seriously, if Bitcoin were to eventually grow to its potential and become the global currency - do you really want this group of special interest frauds to have total control?

I can't believe I am going to say this, It makes me want to VOMIT that I am getting ready to suggest that everyone read Mike Hearn's November letter on this subject.  As much as I hate the current XT release, and think Mike is totally untrustworthy as well, he has totally nailed it in this letter in regards to Blockstream and Core Dev.

https://medium.com/block-chain/on-block-sizes-e047bc9f830#.raipo96xw  <<READ!

Everybody that really doesn't know anything about this should read it.  Because it is the truth.  And this is NOT my support for current XT - but I will say it again, if the Core Dev can't eliminate the biased, conflicted interest comitters - then XT or a Fedcoin may very well surface to effectively kill the current Bitcoin Core.  Leadership is needed fast. 
BitcoinNewsMagazine
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1164

View Profile WWW
January 01, 2016, 02:26:41 AM

I've got news for you.... you've gotten all you are going to get.  The Core Dev Team is a failed sham.  They've given you their solution.... Lightening Network/Liquid/Blockstream.  Period.  Under no circumstances will there be any meaningful discussion that includes raising the block size, making it intelligently scalable based on growth.  This way they protect what is important to them.... THEIR CONTROL OVER THEIR ECONOMIC BUSINESS MODEL.

Keyword above is "business".  They have a HUGE conflict of interest in that they are making decisions based on what is good for their business model. 

The biggest SCAM in the entire Bitcoin System is Blockstreams whole "Us vs the Fiat System" headfake.   Blockstream is positioning itself to be the "New Fiat Central Authority".   Seriously, if Bitcoin were to eventually grow to its potential and become the global currency - do you really want this group of special interest frauds to have total control?

I can't believe I am going to say this, It makes me want to VOMIT that I am getting ready to suggest that everyone read Mike Hearn's November letter on this subject.  As much as I hate the current XT release, and think Mike is totally untrustworthy as well, he has totally nailed it in this letter in regards to Blockstream and Core Dev.

Everybody that really doesn't know anything about this should read it.  Because it is the truth.  And this is NOT my support for current XT - but I will say it again, if the Core Dev can't eliminate the biased, conflicted interest comitters - then XT or a Fedcoin may very well surface to effectively kill the current Bitcoin Core.  Leadership is needed fast. 

Thanks for this. How do you feel about the SegWit roadmap laid out in the capacity increases FAQ?

BlindMayorBitcorn (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 01, 2016, 02:48:44 AM
Last edit: January 08, 2016, 09:32:12 PM by BlindMayorBitcorn

BlockstreamTM is taking a conservative approach. SegWit soft fork, see how that goes. Then Lightning Network and some sidechains and we'll be good to go. Isn't it? I don't "code" or have any particular "insights". But I can appreciate that.

I mean, 2mb/4mb/8mb, what difference does it make; it will never be enough for the sloppy mob of Backpagers pounding at the doors. We have serious business to conduct. Amirite?

Forgive my petulance and oft-times, I fear, ill-founded criticisms, and forgive me that I have, by this time, made your eyes and head ache with my long letter. But I cannot forgo hastily the pleasure and pride of thus conversing with you.
brg444

Activity: 644
Merit: 504

Bitcoin replaces central, not commercial, banks

View Profile
January 01, 2016, 03:12:43 AM

Grin

Cheers!!!!!!!

"I believe this will be the ultimate fate of Bitcoin, to be the "high-powered money" that serves as a reserve currency for banks that issue their own digital cash." Hal Finney, Dec. 2010
keepdoing

View Profile
January 01, 2016, 03:30:21 AM

Thanks for this. How do you feel about the SegWit roadmap laid out in the capacity increases FAQ?
Well, first let me make it clear that I am not necessarily against Segregated Witness.  NOR am I anti-Blockstream (specificaly the technology concept of Lightning/Liquid/Sidechains etc).  I am all for Side Chain technology as an OPTION for anyone that wants to use it, and I think it adds to the overall ecosystem.  SegWit still is a bit murky to me - but overall I have no problem with the concept or rollout at some point, because it "appears" that it will help to strengthen the overall technology.

With that said, I will address in brief concept my response to your question.......

I think it is too little too late.  I think it is nothing more than another stall tactic on the part of the Blockstream Players.  It is just another thinly veiled attempt to deflect attention away from increasing block size - in order to buy more time to solidify Blockstream Side Chains.

I am against it because it is dishonest, manipulative, and involves a serious conflict of interest in which people that have direct monetary/fiduciary interests in NOT raising block size - and I am absolutely and utterly pissed off that they are allowed to continue to spin lying FUD without getting any pushback from the media.

SPECIFICALLY in regards to timing.... it will NOT be enough to handle what many forsee as what could be a year in which transaction volume EXPLODES.

There is an old adage in business, that one of the worst possible things that can happen to a young business.... is that they grow TOO FAST.  They aren't ready for it, they fail, lose cred, and in doing so often simply help drive public interest to the point that someone else then steps in and capitolizes from the initial businesses idea and subsequent failure.  That initial business often never recovers.

This is where we are in Bitcoin right now..... at the edge of a massive influx in "business" / volume.  The Segwit Roadmap is a roadmap to not being ready to handle the explosion, and subsequent failure.  Ironically, it may lead to the implementation of XT or Fiatcoin.
keepdoing

View Profile
January 01, 2016, 03:41:35 AM

BlockstreamTM is taking a conservative approach. SegWit soft-fork, see how that goes. Then Lightening Network and some sidechains and we'll be good to go. Isn't it? I don't "code" or have any particular "insights". But I can appreciate that.

I mean, 2mb/4mb/8mb, what difference does it make; it will never be enough for the sloppy mob of Backpagers pounding at the doors. We have serious business to conduct. Amirite?
I applaud your honesty, even though I disagree with you.  You are at least clear and transparent with your position.  That is NOT the case with the majority of the Blockstream Players. 

But I will address the flaw in your argument, with the entire Blockstream argument for that matter..... you act as if raising the block limit kills the possibility of creating sidechains to handle much of the smaller "day to day account volume". 

The problem is that raising the block size doesn't kill your possibility, but not raising kills many many other possibilities, and only leaves your solution.  That really stinks of a Fiat Style position.  We have Two (2) Fiat Threats to Bitcoin....

1) the existing Fiat Bankers that would love nothing better than to control and stifle anonymity and freedom to build out the bitcoin network into many many directions.

AND

2) the New Fiat BLockstream that would love nothing better than to control and stifle anonymity and freedom to build out the bitcoin network into many many directions.

That is the irony of the Blockstream Sales Pitch..... they desire to be what they tell everyone to fear.
BlindMayorBitcorn (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 01, 2016, 08:04:38 AM
Last edit: January 02, 2016, 01:10:39 PM by BlindMayorBitcorn

Keyword above is "business".  They have a HUGE conflict of interest in that they are making decisions based on what is good for their business model.  

Recognizing our self-serving biases is an important first-step toward cognitive humility. The fact is humans tend to be better at remembering and integrating information consistent with our beliefs. Conflict of interest is an extention of this that anyone involved in something as important as Bitcoin would certainly be mindful of; no self-respecting cypherpunk would seek to profit from their position at the expense of the project.

That's why the BlockstreamTM suite of products will all be open source. For the community. Smiley

Cconvert2G36

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 01, 2016, 08:59:30 AM

A heartfelt thanks to the investors in Blockstream™, led by Reid Hoffman, Khosla Ventures and Real Ventures, with investments from Nicolas Berggruen, Crypto Currency Partners, Future\Perfect Ventures, Danny Hillis, Eric Schmidt’s Innovation Endeavors, Max Levchin, Mosaic Ventures, Ray Ozzie, Ribbit Capital, Jerry Yang’s AME Cloud Ventures and several others. Your goals are our goals.

Xapodat

Activity: 35
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 01, 2016, 09:14:38 AM

The main thing that would be helpful to come out of Blockstream is humility.  

Oh wait, no need to be humble when you are doing everything because everyone else is incompetent, and you know what is best for everyone else, and you can prove it by the simple fact that you have a vote and can wield it to block anyone that says otherwise.

My prediction is that in the end, Blockstream arrogance will result in Bitcoin XT or some sort of FiatCoin.  They have wasted so much time that could have been spend productively - by creating this toxic stalemate environment.  But when a financial shock hits, and people are running screaming for the exit doors - the only thing that will be ready is XT, and I predict a succesful Fork will occur.  Those remaining on the Core chain will eventually watch Bitcoin become an illegal alt.  And I hate it - but I don't have a vote.  I just read the obvious tea leaves.

Entitled Arrogance and Selfishness - not much to be appreciated there.

That is my main concern. Is Blockstream the main force behind the indecision to increase the block size?
BlindMayorBitcorn (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 01, 2016, 09:22:25 AM
Last edit: January 02, 2016, 01:12:00 PM by BlindMayorBitcorn

Your appreciation is being processed. Moderators are standing-by to assist you. Please hold while your post is placed in priority sequence.

AtheistAKASaneBrain

Activity: 770
Merit: 509

View Profile
January 01, 2016, 12:59:25 PM

I appreciate anyone coming up with new ideas for Bitcoin.  Hope to hear many new suggestions and ideas from Blockstream over the next 12 months.
I've got news for you.... you've gotten all you are going to get.  The Core Dev Team is a failed sham.  They've given you their solution.... Lightening Network/Liquid/Blockstream.  Period.  Under no circumstances will there be any meaningful discussion that includes raising the block size, making it intelligently scalable based on growth.  This way they protect what is important to them.... THEIR CONTROL OVER THEIR ECONOMIC BUSINESS MODEL.

Keyword above is "business".  They have a HUGE conflict of interest in that they are making decisions based on what is good for their business model.  

The biggest SCAM in the entire Bitcoin System is Blockstreams whole "Us vs the Fiat System" headfake.   Blockstream is positioning itself to be the "New Fiat Central Authority".   Seriously, if Bitcoin were to eventually grow to its potential and become the global currency - do you really want this group of special interest frauds to have total control?

I can't believe I am going to say this, It makes me want to VOMIT that I am getting ready to suggest that everyone read Mike Hearn's November letter on this subject.  As much as I hate the current XT release, and think Mike is totally untrustworthy as well, he has totally nailed it in this letter in regards to Blockstream and Core Dev.

https://medium.com/block-chain/on-block-sizes-e047bc9f830#.raipo96xw  <<READ!

Everybody that really doesn't know anything about this should read it.  Because it is the truth.  And this is NOT my support for current XT - but I will say it again, if the Core Dev can't eliminate the biased, conflicted interest comitters - then XT or a Fedcoin may very well surface to effectively kill the current Bitcoin Core.  Leadership is needed fast.  

Nice FUD. Bitcoin will never scale to global levels without a layer like Lightning Network, only a clueless delusional person would argue otherwise at this point. So what have they done to scale Bitcoin? searched for solutions, and Lightning Network is way more useful than this post which contributes nothing new but crying for bigger blocks (as if that solves anything long term). Even BIP101 shows how it would take decades to reach the current VISA ts/ps volume in like 2030 which is is absolutely stupid since by then VISA would improve too. LN is the only way we can scale to massive levels, unless you can prove otherwise you are wasting everyone's time. The blocksize will be raised when needed, and soon we'll have it at like 2MB or something which is enough to give them more time to work on LN. The only truth here is you need to study more (assuming you don't have an agenda).
BlindMayorBitcorn (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 01, 2016, 02:18:07 PM

Your appreciation is important to us. Please note: This thread may be monitored for quality assurance purposes.

keepdoing

View Profile
January 01, 2016, 02:27:03 PM

I've got news for you.... you've gotten all you are going to get.  The Core Dev Team is a failed sham.  They've given you their solution.... Lightening Network/Liquid/Blockstream.  Period.  Under no circumstances will there be any meaningful discussion that includes raising the block size, making it intelligently scalable based on growth.  This way they protect what is important to them.... THEIR CONTROL OVER THEIR ECONOMIC BUSINESS MODEL.

The biggest SCAM in the entire Bitcoin System is Blockstreams whole "Us vs the Fiat System" headfake.   Blockstream is positioning itself to be the "New Fiat Central Authority".   Seriously, if Bitcoin were to eventually grow to its potential and become the global currency - do you really want this group of special interest frauds to have total control?

I can't believe I am going to say this, It makes me want to VOMIT that I am getting ready to suggest that everyone read Mike Hearn's November letter on this subject.  As much as I hate the current XT release, and think Mike is totally untrustworthy as well, he has totally nailed it in this letter in regards to Blockstream and Core Dev.

Everybody that really doesn't know anything about this should read it.  Because it is the truth.  And this is NOT my support for current XT - but I will say it again, if the Core Dev can't eliminate the biased, conflicted interest comitters - then XT or a Fedcoin may very well surface to effectively kill the current Bitcoin Core.  Leadership is needed fast.  

Nice FUD. Bitcoin will never scale to global levels without a layer like Lightning Network, only a clueless delusional person would argue otherwise at this point. So what have they done to scale Bitcoin? searched for solutions, and Lightning Network is way more useful than this post which contributes nothing new but crying for bigger blocks (as if that solves anything long term). Even BIP101 shows how it would take decades to reach the current VISA ts/ps volume in like 2030 which is is absolutely stupid since by then VISA would improve too. LN is the only way we can scale to massive levels, unless you can prove otherwise you are wasting everyone's time. The blocksize will be raised when needed, and soon we'll have it at like 2MB or something which is enough to give them more time to work on LN. The only truth here is you need to study more (assuming you don't have an agenda).
Speaking of clueless, delusional, lying FUD.... What are you talking about??

Nobody has said anything against a Lightning Network.  To the contrary, I have clearly stated support.  I have clearly stated that I have NO opposition to SegWit either.

This is just more manipulative misdirection.  The reason the bitcoin community is divided, and the door being opened wide for competitive Forks and Fiat coins being opened..... is because BLOCKSTREAM Players have decided what is good for everyone else, and has decided what technology paths are OK, and which are NOT.

Sort of a conflict of interest that it is only technology solutions that support Sidechain ONLY buildout that they allow to grow.  This type of suffocating control is just the same type of Crap that we have from the existing Fiat Banks.

Heil Blockstream!  They know what is best for ALL.

BlindMayorBitcorn (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 01, 2016, 03:30:00 PM

ATTENTION: If you did not just attempt to appreciate BlockstreamTM, DO NOT CLICK THE APPRECIATION THREAD. A third party may be attempting to appreciate on your behalf.

keepdoing

View Profile
January 01, 2016, 03:50:02 PM

ATTENTION: If you did not just attempt to appreciate BlockstreamTM, DO NOT CLICK THE APPRECIATION THREAD. A third party may be attempting to appreciate on your behalf.

ALL HEIL BLOCKSTREAMTM!!!

The 4th Reich of Fiat Governance Rises!

Appreciate them - for they know what is best for YOU!

how's that for appreciation  Grin
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3013

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
January 01, 2016, 04:07:14 PM

Hey, Blockstream. I bought a souped up George Foreman grill off a darknet marketplace. It's shit. Will you arrange a refund for me?
thejaytiesto
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1014

View Profile
January 01, 2016, 05:34:12 PM

BlockstreamTM is taking a conservative approach. SegWit soft-fork, see how that goes. Then Lightening Network and some sidechains and we'll be good to go. Isn't it? I don't "code" or have any particular "insights". But I can appreciate that.

I applaud your honesty, even though I disagree with you.  You are at least clear and transparent with your position.  That is NOT the case with the majority of the Blockstream Players.  

But I will address the flaw in your argument, with the entire Blockstream argument for that matter..... you act as if raising the block limit kills the possibility of creating sidechains to handle much of the smaller "day to day account volume".  

The problem is that raising the block size doesn't kill your possibility, but not raising kills many many other possibilities, and only leaves your solution.  That really stinks of a Fiat Style position.  We have Two (2) Fiat Threats to Bitcoin....

1) the existing Fiat Bankers that would love nothing better than to control and stifle anonymity and freedom to build out the bitcoin network into many many directions.

AND

2) the New Fiat BLockstream that would love nothing better than to control and stifle anonymity and freedom to build out the bitcoin network into many many directions.

That is the irony of the Blockstream Sales Pitch..... they desire to be what they tell everyone to fear.

The only irony here is the fact that big bank corporations and the powers that be would love bigger blocks to bribe and keep under control the big datacenters that would be running said nodes due the resources needed to run them (its difficult for the average user to run a node now image if they keep getting bigger, and you are indeed delusional if you think technology will get increasingly better to support nodes for the average user to run specially worldwide).
The number of nodes is low NOW, we should be making it easier on the average user not the opposite (and by average I mean a decent computer and decent internet connection).

Speaking of clueless, delusional, lying FUD.... What are you talking about??

Nobody has said anything against a Lightning Network.  To the contrary, I have clearly stated support.  I have clearly stated that I have NO opposition to SegWit either.

This is just more manipulative misdirection.  The reason the bitcoin community is divided, and the door being opened wide for competitive Forks and Fiat coins being opened..... is because BLOCKSTREAM Players have decided what is good for everyone else, and has decided what technology paths are OK, and which are NOT.

Sort of a conflict of interest that it is only technology solutions that support Sidechain ONLY buildout that they allow to grow.  This type of suffocating control is just the same type of Crap that we have from the existing Fiat Banks.

Heil Blockstream!  They know what is best for ALL.

it is a free market, anyone is free to start their own company and offer a better layer/solution to scale up, my question is.. has anyone made as much progress as LN/elements project?
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: