Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: BMB is a sex machine
True - 18 (62.1%)
Mostly-True - 11 (37.9%)
Total Voters: 29

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BLOCKSTREAM Appreciation Thread  (Read 6265 times)
BlindMayorBitcorn (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1115

View Profile
January 29, 2016, 11:22:32 PM
Last edit: January 30, 2016, 11:50:46 AM by BlindMayorBitcorn

I haven't been following the news for a week or so. Can anybody confirm or deny what I read?

PLACE OF EVERLASTING TORMENT., Jan. 30, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Blockstream is pleased to announce today a strategic partnership with the Prince of Darkness to bring blockchain technology and services to the Godless Pit of the World. The rapid pace of innovation in cryptocurrencies, distributed ledgers, and smart contract technology is driving fallen angels everywhere to transform their operations. The Hoary Hound of Hell is the type of partner that will help us deliver the promise of this cutting edge technology.

Forgive my petulance and oft-times, I fear, ill-founded criticisms, and forgive me that I have, by this time, made your eyes and head ache with my long letter. But I cannot forgo hastily the pleasure and pride of thus conversing with you.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1145

View Profile
January 30, 2016, 02:04:25 PM

What the hell did you just say about me, you little bloatcoiner? I’ll have you know I graduated top of my class in cryptography, and I’ve been involved in numerous secret missions for BlockstreamTM, and I have over 300 confirmed microbits. I am trained in crypto and I’m the top cryptographer at BlockstreamTM. You are nothing to me but just another bloatcoiner. I will wipe the bloat out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this forum, mark my words. You think you can get away with saying that to me over the interwebs? Think again, bloatcoiner. As we speak I am contacting my coder network of coders across various social medias and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the BlockstreamTM. The stream that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You’re crippled, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can cripple bloat in over seven hundred languages. Not only am I extensively trained in crippling bloat, but I have access to the entire BlockstreamTM arsenal and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable bloat boat off the face of the continent. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little “heil” comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your bloated tongue. But you couldn’t, you didn’t, and now you’re paying the price. I will stream fury all over you and you will drown in it.

The following PSA is brought to you by Juxtapose Inc.: An entity thingy for all your juxtaposing needs.

Disclosure: Currently, I'm neutral in this debate, but the above had to be presented for those formally unaware.

ref.: https://blockstream.com/2014/11/17/blockstream-closes-21m-seed-round/
BlindMayorBitcorn (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 30, 2016, 11:32:32 PM
Last edit: January 31, 2016, 10:59:08 PM by BlindMayorBitcorn

Thank you (Gleb Gamow) for your interest in Blockstream. Rumours recently suggesting that team Blockstream has formed a evil strategic alliance with a company once found attempting to privatize the water system in Delhi, India have been exaggerated. This has caused some concern. Please rest assured.

Forgive my petulance and oft-times, I fear, ill-founded criticisms, and forgive me that I have, by this time, made your eyes and head ache with my long letter. But I cannot forgo hastily the pleasure and pride of thus conversing with you.
Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1145

View Profile
January 31, 2016, 06:55:14 AM

Thank you (Gleb Gamow) for your interest in Blockstream. Rumours recently suggesting that team Blockstream has formed a evil strategic alliance with a company once found attempting to privatize the water system in Delhi, India have been exaggerated. This has caused some concern. Please rest assured.

What could a company like PwC hope to gain from partnering with a small startup that has recently re-branded Bitcoin and taken control of it’s reference implementation?

https://medium.com/@WasintMe3/everything-you-never-wanted-to-know-about-blockstream-s-new-boss-pricewaterhousecoopers-716d46d3257b#.fqfokdtvk

Dude, don't be freakin' me out like that!
BlindMayorBitcorn (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 31, 2016, 10:57:08 PM
Last edit: January 31, 2016, 11:26:23 PM by BlindMayorBitcorn

Dude, don't be freakin' me out like that!

Thank you again (Gleb Gamow). Your fear has been registered and forwarded to the nearest Blockstream vortex of despair for use in the nightmares of small refugee children orphaned by war.

#GrokTheEthos

BlindMayorBitcorn (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 08, 2016, 02:34:44 AM
Last edit: February 08, 2016, 04:06:49 AM by BlindMayorBitcorn

Is Moneta one of the private companies working with Blockstream?

"To my mind, Zerocoin and Zerocash are the low-hanging fruit of sidechains. Just transfer your bitcoin to a sidechain that implements one of those protocols, and voila, instant Bitcoin anonymity; you can send or receive money while maintaining mathematically perfect privacy."

The vision of the Moneta project is to help significantly advance Bitcoin technology as a sidechain. As a sidechain, we want to help people realize that it’s possible to make Bitcoin lightning-fast, far more private, and far more scalable. For example, people often think that Bitcoin is limited to 7 transactions per second and can never compete with Visa. With some changes to the protocol, we can increase that number one-hundred fold. Also, with increased scalability comes decreased transaction fees. Think of all the new marketplaces and behaviors that can arise if we can decrease Bitcoin’s transaction fees from the magnitude of cents to the magnitude of hundredths of a cent … We hope to convey that Bitcoin’s underlying protocol can in fact be advanced significantly — not just marginal improvements, but 10x or 100x improvements.

Is it associated with XMR?

I dunno. (It's private.)

BlindMayorBitcorn (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 10, 2016, 09:25:57 AM

Don't forget to vote!

Adrian-x
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 16, 2016, 06:40:54 PM
Last edit: February 17, 2016, 12:23:33 AM by Adrian-x

You know I’m very grateful to out centralized planning team and their road-map, it lays out a path to get miners to execute many new features in the bitcoin code that they run for free.  

My favorites are all the new features that enable the Lighting Network to take transaction volume off the blockchain thus reducing the fees paid to miners. It’s particularly cunning as the miners will run the code for you and the Lighting Hubs will collect extra fees.  

The genius is actually convincing the network of miners to do it. I’m thrilled to see Adam talk about one of the first features called Segregated Whiteness as a 2MB Soft Fork increase. Where native bitcoin transaction capacity is reduced to accommodate new more complicated Lightning network transactions.

Keep up the good work Blockstream, I know your dabbling with new economic incentives and constructs, and I’m thrilled you have the code mechanics peer reviewed, and very excited to see you don’t bother modelling or discussing the economic implications, that's like building a foundation in a bog and who wants that type of problem.  

It’s as if bitcoin’s  value is increasing by magic not some underlying incentive construct that creates economic value, I love your growth projections its like bitcoin can't be stopped, its like a sinking ship increases teh value of all other ships or something.

Thank me in Bits 12MwnzxtprG2mHm3rKdgi7NmJKCypsMMQw
sAt0sHiFanClub

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

Warning: Confrmed Gavinista

View Profile WWW
February 16, 2016, 07:37:14 PM

[...] its like a sinking ship increases the value of all other ships or something.

That should be the mission statement.

We must make money worse as a commodity if we wish to make it better as a medium of exchange
BlindMayorBitcorn (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 16, 2016, 09:01:46 PM

[...] its like a sinking ship increases the value of all other ships or something.

That should be the mission statement.

But wait! There's more:

“From girls in Afghanistan to banks in the United States,” said Jalak Jobanputra of Future\Perfect Ventures, “Blockstream’s proposed infrastructure will create a trustless ledger of assets and transactions that will provide a more efficient market than what currently exists. Even more importantly the technology will provide access to services and documentation for billions of people who are underbanked or underserved by current transactional systems.”

https://blockstream.com/fact-sheet/

BlindMayorBitcorn (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 27, 2016, 02:09:43 AM
Last edit: February 27, 2016, 07:47:08 PM by BlindMayorBitcorn

BTCC is very excited to be working with Blockstream to roll-out this innovative application of sidechain technology. Liquid is both a practical application of sidechains that allows us to provide nearly instantaneous global interexchange transfers for our users, as well as a major technical milestone that showcases the adaptability of Bitcoin. (Samson Mow, COO of BTCC)

BlindMayorBitcorn (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 27, 2016, 02:20:06 PM

Quote from: Bitcoin Forum
A reply of yours, quoted below, was deleted by a Bitcoin Forum moderator. Posts are most frequently deleted because they are off-topic, though they can also be deleted for other reasons. In the future, please avoid posting things that need to be deleted.

The client is a mixture of rust
They are trying to push their technologically flawed Side chains in through the back door.

You've made this claim before. But BTCC is all over Liquid. It's a working sidechain. How do you explain that?

Lips sealed

BlindMayorBitcorn (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 27, 2016, 03:18:19 PM

https://www.crunchbase.com/organization/blockstream/investors
https://www.crunchbase.com/organization/crypto-currency-partners#/entity

And it all comes back to Mr. Sticky.* Embarrassed

Blockchain Capital:
Founders:
    Brad Stephens

Gil Penchina

Brock Pierce

W Bradford Stephens

Bart Stephens
Headquarters:
    San Francisco, CA
Funds Raised:
    $13M
Categories:
    Entrepreneur, Bitcoin, FinTech, Finance
Description:
    Professional investors and entrepreneurs driving innovation in the Blockchain ecosystem.
    http://www.blockchain.capital

*1997-1999
Founder & EVP
Digital Entertainment Network (DEN)

hdbuck
Legendary

Merit: 1002

View Profile
February 27, 2016, 04:25:01 PM

BlockstreamTM is taking a conservative approach. SegWit soft fork, see how that goes. Then Lightning Network and some sidechains and we'll be good to go. Isn't it? I don't "code" or have any particular "insights". But I can appreciate that.

I mean, 2mb/4mb/8mb, what difference does it make; it will never be enough for the sloppy mob of Backpagers pounding at the doors. We have serious business to conduct. Amirite?

Whatever happened to you... A wise man changes his mind sometimes, a fool never.

Congrats.

Not that blockstream knows the ultimate truth, they are at least better qualified than hearn/toomin/obama when it comes to cryptography and decentralization.

Let them do the code, whilst still not being forced to use it anyway.

PS: fuck gavin.
thejaytiesto
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1014

View Profile
February 27, 2016, 04:29:25 PM

Lightning Network is the most exciting on Bitcoin right now, I can't wait to see it in action so we can forget the "oh no, not enough blocks! oh no my transaction is taking 10 minutes longer than expected!.." you know all that bullshit. Im going to be using LN cause it's going to be as safe as it needs to be, and it's going to be as fast as we need it to be. We will be competing against the titans of payment platforms in the next 1-3 years and I think this will change a lot of things in the game. Let's see how they deal with it.
BlindMayorBitcorn (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 27, 2016, 07:39:55 PM
Last edit: July 27, 2016, 10:12:29 PM by BlindMayorBitcorn

BlockstreamTM is taking a conservative approach. SegWit soft fork, see how that goes. Then Lightning Network and some sidechains and we'll be good to go. Isn't it? I don't "code" or have any particular "insights". But I can appreciate that.

I mean, 2mb/4mb/8mb, what difference does it make; it will never be enough for the sloppy mob of Backpagers pounding at the doors. We have serious business to conduct. Amirite?

Whatever happened to you... A wise man changes his mind sometimes, a fool never.

Congrats.

Not that blockstream knows the ultimate truth, they are at least better qualified than hearn/toomin/obama when it comes to cryptography and decentralization.

Let them do the code, whilst still not being forced to use it anyway.

PS: fuck gavin.

I flip-flop too much to be on anyone's team. I'm an outcast. Cool

I always thought a contentious hard fork was a bad idea.

Lightning Network is the most exciting on Bitcoin right now, I can't wait to see it in action so we can forget the "oh no, not enough blocks! oh no my transaction is taking 10 minutes longer than expected!.." you know all that bullshit. Im going to be using LN cause it's going to be as safe as it needs to be, and it's going to be as fast as we need it to be. We will be competing against the titans of payment platforms in the next 1-3 years and I think this will change a lot of things in the game. Let's see how they deal with it.

LN is not a scaling solution.

watashi-kokoto

Activity: 682
Merit: 268

View Profile
February 27, 2016, 07:47:02 PM

LN is not a scaling solution.

isn't it? Grin
BlindMayorBitcorn (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 27, 2016, 07:49:56 PM

No. Angry

watashi-kokoto

Activity: 682
Merit: 268

View Profile
February 27, 2016, 07:55:36 PM

No. Angry

Why? Storm in a teacup? Satoshi vision violated? 4 cent fees unacceptable?
BlindMayorBitcorn (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 27, 2016, 07:57:02 PM

No. Angry

Why? Storm in a teacup? Satoshi vision violated? 4 cent fees unacceptable?

It might be fine for microtransactions, but no business in its right mind would want to lock up non-trivial amounts of bitcoins in payment channels; it's an invitation to regulation and market corrections.

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: